facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Default "Hakuna Matata"

Can't believe World cup now nearing to the QF stage. over a month long journey with hiccups and accomplishments. We all expected QF will be our target first, few of us expected more, few expected less. So far, this experience of a great world cup with hopes, agonies, happiness brought all of us together. We shared our joy, anger, frustration from the BC to the street of BD. From newspaper, media to the BC threads, we all showed enormous support time to time and also showed our frustrations. Despite the differences, all of us glued to the tv, media, internet and followed the match progress ...hoping our boys will bring the glory. We provided our gradings after each game, and we will provide a grade as well for today. Overall, this is a great journey for our team, fans and people of BD. Hope we all accept whatever the result will be, enjoy the game as we are so passionate about our cricket. This is a competition where best team will be awarded the title of the "World Cup Champnions". There will be team who will exit from the tournament. So, whatever is bound to happen will happen. Let's enjoy the game .."Hakuna Matata" ("no worries for the rest of the days")

Old March 18, 2011, 12:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Regardless of what ever happens tomorrow I am happy.
Old March 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Repost

Old March 18, 2011, 01:20 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

We all expected QF. But how? By beating one of WI/Eng. We did not. It is only unfortunately that if we lose against SA, we'll be out due to NRR. And why NRR, because of 58/10.

Everything is because of that. If we are unhappy, it is only because of that. If we are out it is only because of that. The whole tournament has only one negative so far, and that is 58/10.

As long as they can identify why they were 58/10 and does not make the same mistakes again, I'm happy regardless of what happens tonight.
Old March 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Repost

Bob Marley or Fred McFerrin?
Old March 18, 2011, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
We all expected QF. But how? By beating one of WI/Eng. We did not. It is only unfortunately that if we lose against SA, we'll be out due to NRR. And why NRR, because of 58/10.

Everything is because of that. If we are unhappy, it is only because of that. If we are out it is only because of that. The whole tournament has only one negative so far, and that is 58/10.

As long as they can identify why they were 58/10 and does not make the same mistakes again, I'm happy regardless of what happens tonight.
58 all out might be the single biggest contributor, but so too was playing India on a surface that resembles the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. the rest of our games where played on regular Mirpur tracks and lets face it, we can't pad our NRR on those tracks. and we're not good enough to win on flat tracks. so we really had no choice.

yes, had we won the WI game we would be in. but it was not so.

regardless, while i'm not happy...i'm not displeased either. we got 6 pts, beat teh associates, beat a top side, and relied on luck/others to get us in. we might still beat SA and get in. but if we don't, oh well. i'd still rate this WC higher than the last, if only slightly, and we can look forward to 2015 with even more optimism.

will i curse my head off if we lose today? sure.

but no matter how u look at it, we've done as well as any realistic person would have expected of us. the boys barring Shafiul might not deserve any rewards, but they don't deserve our scorn either.

#OneTeam1Dream