facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin
Default Participating in the Indian domestics

Ok from what i can gather the irish players play in english county sides & it is obviously benefitting them.
So why dont we make deals with BCCI to let a few of our club teams to regularly participate in the indian domestic leagues?
Anyone remember Dhaka warriors in ICL?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Old March 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

This is not happening. No teams from Srilanka did that.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Indian/Hindu-der gaali diteh dui second-o lageh na...ar taader domestic competition-e khelbo amra...
Old March 19, 2011, 10:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Indian/Hindu-der gaali diteh dui second-o lageh na...ar taader domestic competition-e khelbo amra...
apnar post ta te onek racism er bhab. india ke opochondho shobai kore na, ei muhurte ontoto amader help dorkar, amader upcoming players intl. cricket e tikte parbe naki shondeho

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
apnar post ta te onek racism er bhab. india ke opochondho shobai kore na, ei muhurte ontoto amader help dorkar, amader upcoming players intl. cricket e tikte parbe naki shondeho

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
ami kintu apnar shathhe ekmot...amader india'r moto domestic setup-e khela uchit...

kintu apni BC'r majority public-ke ei kothha konodin bujhhate parben na...india'r kothha uthalei taader maatha-ta kharap hoye jai.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

if ireland can play county..so.....
Old March 19, 2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

A few years back the BD national team got beaten by a state association team in India, out of shame BD never returned there even though we were invited back.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
This is not happening. No teams from Srilanka did that.
srilankan team did play in the madras league for a long time before they got test status. I forget the name of the tournament.

Last edited by Neel Here; March 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM..
Old March 19, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

That is good only for those that actually can play. However long term, our own domestic situation needs to be fixed. That is at the core of all our problems. The players have bad habits because they came through a bad system.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if ireland can play county..so.....
does Ireland play as a county or their players play in different teams.

anyway india will never let us play in their league. IPL e ekta player e nite chay na ...... they would rather play their own crap players rather giving a BD player chance to learn something. onek kosthe ekbar Enamul Junior re khelaisilo.

it would have been better but they will never give us the chance. ar INDIA er flat pitch e kee r shikhbo ???
Old March 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Why the hell would they let our players play in their domestic league, there plenty of players there already, we'll have to rot in out boneless domestic league
Old March 19, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
anyway india will never let us play in their league. IPL e ekta player e nite chay na ...... they would rather play their own crap players rather giving a BD player chance to learn something. onek kosthe ekbar Enamul Junior re khelaisilo.
IPL'r player neoa has nothing to do with this, that is decided by the franchises. but it's a bit rich coming from fans of a country whose teams have played against Indian domestic teams in the recent past. I still remember the tour against the maharastra ranji team. read amar11432's post above.
I can see an invite coming quite easily if BCB wants to send a strong A side to tournaments like duleep trophy, syed mustaq ali trophy or challengers. as it is there is a real lack of quantity of matches in BD domestic season. the club season isn't really quality enough. the domestic players don't get enough matches per year to get seasoned.

Quote:
it would have been better but they will never give us the chance. ar INDIA er flat pitch e kee r shikhbo ???
how not to get bundled regularly under 100 on flat pitches for starters. contradictory statements btw, how would it have been better if there is nothing to learn on Indian pitches ?

edit : as I said in the past a sri lankan board's XI did play regularly in madras league. at one time in the 70's 80's, west indian players played in the ranji for a few years as well.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:19 PM
Club Cricketer

You think India cares about Bangladesh? When was the last time we stepped foot in their country to play a series against them? We need to start looking for some talent overseas and train and invest in them.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

okay, tell me, when country A is visiting country B, who is doing a favour to whom ?
Old March 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
okay, tell me, when country A is visiting country B, who is doing a favour to whom ?
Well said!
Though the answer may depend to some extent on the identity of the countries, but mostly, the country (A in your example) visiting is the one who is doing a favor.
I have noticed, this is something that gets lost in BC.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
country B is doing a favour for country A. Country B needs all the away experience it can get and learn to be adaptable on any sort of batting or bowling tracks.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:46 PM
Club Cricketer

PCB has done a lot more than our supposed Indian neighbors BCCI has ever done.
Old March 19, 2011, 01:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Its more important to improve our overall domestic structure rather than trying to play somewhere else. What the hell BCB is doing to improve our domestic structure? Nothing atall. We need saber hossain and sayed ashraful back in BCB if we want cricket to survive in BD. otherwise we should be prepared to accept a dark future for our cricket.
Old March 19, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
country B is doing a favour for country A.
wrong. very wrong, absolutely wrong on all possible levels. in international cricket a touring team is ALWAYS doing a favour to the host.
boards have other major concerns than a fan does, like how to pay the coach, the players etc. the money to do that doesn't grow on trees. the board earns money when they host a series by selling advertisement and TV rights.(they earn nothing when they go on tour) and the way to maximise your income in the cricket world is to get Eng, Aus but most of all India to visit your country. to get a perspective, rewind back to the names of the sponsors in any series in BD involving India, they were all Indian sponsors paying many times the money BCB could have earned from any other series. I remember a report from NZ during India's last tour there that India's tour to NZ was enough to fund them for the next 3 years !!

please do not forget that India has toured BD the highest number of times among test playing nations. (Ind - 4 times, Eng -2, Aus - 1, Pak - 0 ) why do you think BCCI sent a team to BD so many times when it doesn't earn them a penny ?
if this is not a favour, I don't know what is.
this was also acknowledged by a BCB official. it's my misfortune that I didn't save it for countering the odd logics in BC.
Quote:
Country B needs all the away experience it can get and learn to be adaptable on any sort of batting or bowling tracks.
I didn't know tracks in India were that different from BD, so that's irrelevant really.
Quote:
PCB has done a lot more than our supposed Indian neighbors BCCI has ever done.
like touring BD what is it again, ZERO times ? they never even paid back BCB for the BD tour to pakistan.
Old March 19, 2011, 04:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

India has plenty of players, so they will not require foreign players. In their first-class tournament there are not many foreign players playing any way. IPL players are bought/selected by the team owners, and player's performance is considered. We do not have many players with good performance.

We need to have pitches that help fast bowlers. Batsmen will then also develope playing in using their feet properly.

We need to stop the picnic national league and inject more money to it. Corporate houses can be involved to sponsor the divisional teams.
Old March 19, 2011, 04:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
wrong. very wrong, absolutely wrong on all possible levels. in international cricket a touring team is ALWAYS doing a favour to the host.
boards have other major concerns than a fan does, like how to pay the coach, the players etc. the money to do that doesn't grow on trees. the board earns money when they host a series by selling advertisement and TV rights.(they earn nothing when they go on tour) and the way to maximise your income in the cricket world is to get Eng, Aus but most of all India to visit your country. to get a perspective, rewind back to the names of the sponsors in any series in BD involving India, they were all Indian sponsors paying many times the money BCB could have earned from any other series. I remember a report from NZ during India's last tour there that India's tour to NZ was enough to fund them for the next 3 years !!

please do not forget that India has toured BD the highest number of times among test playing nations. (Ind - 4 times, Eng -2, Aus - 1, Pak - 0 ) why do you think BCCI sent a team to BD so many times when it doesn't earn them a penny ?
if this is not a favour, I don't know what is.
this was also acknowledged by a BCB official. it's my misfortune that I didn't save it for countering the odd logics in BC.

I didn't know tracks in India were that different from BD, so that's irrelevant really.
like touring BD what is it again, ZERO times ? they never even paid back BCB for the BD tour to pakistan.
So India touring Bangldesh is much more helpful than Bangladesh touring India because it gives the BCB more money? Going on tour is more helpful for the team and learning to play better away from home is much better in the long run. It's good for the players because it gives them more international exposure and may get them a chance for other opportunities. I don't believe that India doesn't make any money on tours. Don't you think BCCI earns something if they promote their product to countries like Bangladesh? It develops more interest in their product.
Old March 19, 2011, 04:52 PM
Club Cricketer

And a bangladesh vs pakistan series would be much more beneficial for our team than an india vs bangladesh series. Our batters actually might pick up a thing or two.

We desperately need some experience against genuine pace and swing bowling.

Last edited by 1212; March 19, 2011 at 04:58 PM..
Old March 19, 2011, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
ami kintu apnar shathhe ekmot...amader india'r moto domestic setup-e khela uchit...

kintu apni BC'r majority public-ke ei kothha konodin bujhhate parben na...india'r kothha uthalei taader maatha-ta kharap hoye jai.
You have to learn to ignore the stupid mullahs. Bangladesh needs either an internal league that would play four day cricket or should be working harder to get the existing players to play in England or Australia.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
So India touring Bangldesh is much more helpful than Bangladesh touring India because it gives the BCB more money? Going on tour is more helpful for the team and learning to play better away from home is much better in the long run. It's good for the players because it gives them more international exposure and may get them a chance for other opportunities. I don't believe that India doesn't make any money on tours. Don't you think BCCI earns something if they promote their product to countries like Bangladesh? It develops more interest in their product.
So you think BCB pays BCCI for Ind tours of BD? I don't know if that strikes you as odd, since if the matches are played in BD, the stadiums will be occupied by locals (mostly), tv and other ad revenues go into BCB coffers, and the local economy of the places holding matches help BD. Yes, Ind players do earn their match fees, but they would do that in any other country as well.
I understand your point about separating the money from what's good for the players. Unfortunately, that logic does not totally apply to next door neighbours with no significant difference in playing conditions.
And if the type of wickets in BD are not all that different from Ind, what 'international exposure' exactly do BD players gain? Come on now, is it not hard to see that (contrary to the myth thrown around so much) Ind touring BD more is really beneficial to BD more. I especially don't understand this strange attitute about BD not touring Ind....it is meaningless really.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

If A-teams from England or Australia don't have any issue participating in some of the tournaments that Neel mentioned, I don't see why we should. BCB should aggressively pursue BCCI, PCB, and SLC to let our A-team participate in some of their domestic leagues. We should also regularly invite our associate neighbors, namely Nepal and Afghanistan, to take on our A-team or the academy team.