facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Ok from what i can gather the irish players play in english county sides & it is obviously benefitting them.
So why dont we make deals with BCCI to let a few of our club teams to regularly participate in the indian domestic leagues?
Anyone remember Dhaka warriors in ICL?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Playing in Indian domestic leagues won't help our players that much. BCB should cut down their pleasant travel expense with U-19 and national team and spend more money to local BD domestic cricket. Can they not do that ? YES THEY CSN IF THEY ARE REALLY HONEST.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
India has plenty of players, so they will not require foreign players. In their first-class tournament there are not many foreign players playing any way. IPL players are bought/selected by the team owners, and player's performance is considered. We do not have many players with good performance.

We need to have pitches that help fast bowlers. Batsmen will then also develope playing in using their feet properly.

We need to stop the picnic national league and inject more money to it. Corporate houses can be involved to sponsor the divisional teams.
Very well said. I agree with you.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
PCB has done a lot more than our supposed Indian neighbors BCCI has ever done.
Exactly. If Bengalis dont want to admit this then its fine. Pcb was instrumental in Bangladesh getting test status- the 1999 game was also fixed in order for Bangladesh to get test status- with respect to Bangladesh. Pcb also assisted Sri Lanka in getting test status- a fact that Sri lanka acknowledges and we respect them as close friends.

But difficult times came for Pakistan cricket- we were stabbed in the back. Oh well.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Very valid point raised by the thread opener. Indian domestic first class is of very high standards, so high that our A team struggled to stay afloat when they went to play Duleep trophy in 2004-5. I am sure our A team now would be much more competitive and should be equivalent to Indian state teams.

Anyways, i think BCB can do either of these two things.
1. Ask BCCI to let 15 Bangladeshis play in first class competitions as 'local' players. This would expose the young players to various conditions and give them some high quality to players to play with.
2. Send an A team or academy team to such competitions. If you are grooming the players for the future national team, this could be a good idea. The bunch will grow as a team and learn to play to each other's strength.

Either way, if Bangladeshi players participate in Indian first class leagues, it can only help the players
Old March 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING-KHAN
Exactly. If Bengalis dont want to admit this then its fine. Pcb was instrumental in Bangladesh getting test status- the 1999 game was also fixed in order for Bangladesh to get test status- with respect to Bangladesh. Pcb also assisted Sri Lanka in getting test status- a fact that Sri lanka acknowledges and we respect them as close friends.

But difficult times came for Pakistan cricket- we were stabbed in the back. Oh well.
What are you on about buddy? Do you guys just assume every match you lose that you were expected to win just happened because of match-fixing? And even if Banlgadesh-Pakistan game in '99 was fixed, it would have nothing to do with TRYING to get Bangladesh test status. Silliest thing I ever heard....

How has PCB been that helpful? We have been stabbed in the back numerous times in the last two years by them, ever since we postponed an ODI series because WE were worried about the SAFETY of YOUR players. If Pakistan really wants to help us, should arrange to play us more, especially in test cricket where we need as many games as possible. I believe both Pakistanis and Bangladeshis call each other brothers, quarelling brothers, but still brothers. Its time for Pakistan to go back to how they used to behave with us and help each other's cricket improve. You can also take our players in your domestic leagues, if India does not want to help us in that way.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Here are my suggestions

1) Bangladesh cricketers are very young and need lot of quality cricket. They should find a way to participate in domestic leagues of other countries.

2) Fans need to ease up on the expectations. This is by far the most emotional lot I have seen. The danger is when the players do even half decent work they are worshipped as gods.

3) I would like them to work with Zim, Ireland, Netherland and few other nations in the same league to arrange tours back and forth to these places. I think we will truly understand where Bangla cricket stands when they play Ire in Ire.

4) Learn from SL school cricket system.

5) Fans be patient.

6) And please understand that coaches can't help the mental lapses of his fragile players. He can guide yes, but in the heat of the moment, these players have no control over their adrenaline. They hit two boundaries and get carried away. They are young but not learning quickly. Hence we only see flashes of brilliance for one or two overs. In international cricket, certain focus is paramount.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
Here are my suggestions

1) Bangladesh cricketers are very young and need lot of quality cricket. They should find a way to participate in domestic leagues of other countries.

2) Fans need to ease up on the expectations. This is by far the most emotional lot I have seen. The danger is when the players do even half decent work they are worshipped as gods.

3) I would like them to work with Zim, Ireland, Netherland and few other nations in the same league to arrange tours back and forth to these places. I think we will truly understand where Bangla cricket stands when they play Ire in Ire.

5) Fans be patient.

6) And please understand that coaches can't help the mental lapses of his fragile players. He can guide yes, but in the heat of the moment, these players have no control over their adrenaline. They hit two boundaries and get carried away. They are young but not learning quickly. Hence we only see flashes of brilliance for one or two overs. In international cricket, certain focus is paramount.
Condescending comments.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunaidH
Condescending comments.
Exactly my point about emotional fans. None of the comments were intended to be condesending but emotional fans can always interpret it as such.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Who fixed the match?You?
Old March 19, 2011, 11:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by paindu
Here are my suggestions

5) Fans be patient.

Point 4. SL school of cricket was/is the Australian school of cricket(truly a professional setup), I think we've tried to implement it in patches, but we get retards sniping away about local legends, and desher cheles, etc etc
Old March 20, 2011, 12:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Point 4. SL school of cricket was/is the Australian school of cricket(truly a professional setup), I think we've tried to implement it in patches, but we get retards sniping away about local legends, and desher cheles, etc etc
I think it needs to be put in place. I would say the same for my country also. The phenomenal progress of SL was brought about by the competitive school cricket
Old March 20, 2011, 12:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-khan
Who fixed the match?You?
I think the other Khan meant to say someone fixed the Pakis that day, ie they did not have balls to win the match.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

Wow...haha....these pakis can so proudly say that they fixed the game.,..they dont even have the shame in saying that those guys accepted money to loose...wow.....if that is the case....no one will have respect for u....regardless, we dont care pcb gave any help or not..the fact is, we were superior on that day...dont give a dam of what or how pak lost.....and plz stop this nonsense abt back stabbing......pak might just end up playing domestic cricket between themselves if they have this attitude....sanjay majrekar called for ban on pkaistan, ian achappel is getting fed up, and jusdging by the nature of u guys, if u consider it ok for ur heroes to sell ur country, then that day is not far when u see ICC banning Pakistan...just a thing which puzzles me when all pakis talk like this abt 99 world cup game, crap
Old March 20, 2011, 01:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Opening post idea is good but it is very hard to implement. Instead of Indian domestic league there should be an asian league where all subcontinent team play test cricket and improve themselves. But again this should come from the top management and we all know the subcontinental cricket boards management is s***.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 20, 2011, 01:45 AM
Club Cricketer

I do not think Indian domestic league with their mora pitch will anyway help BD. If you look at the bowling of India, only quality Zaheer became a different bowler once he played in county. We should improve our domestic structure and make it more competitive. Lets duel on the facts, our main problem is batting against quality bowling. To resolve the things, we need to play more 4 day matches in bowler friendly pitches where quality players from other countries can participate too.

Also, look at the ages of our players, there is no batsman of 28+, who is playing for the country quite a while. Everytime some new freak coaches come, they throw away the seniors and our selectors should be punished for this. Unless some one is playing unbelievably great like Tamim we shouldn't allow under 25 batsman in the test team. Do not drop players like pilot and experiment with Mushfiq in test team. We should immediately stop this extremely bad habits.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
I do not think Indian domestic league with their mora pitch will anyway help BD.
Why do we keep saying this?

I'd very much like for us to be able to play on 'mora' pitches, and to become experts at that....

India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
West Indies
Zimbabwe

7 out of the 11 test playing nations(Zimbabwe will be back in a matter of months) play on dead, slow, low, concrete slabs. If we could master that, we would be competitive 70% of the time.

What's wrong with that?
Old March 20, 2011, 02:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanArafath
Playing in Indian domestic leagues won't help our players that much. BCB should cut down their pleasant travel expense with U-19 and national team and spend more money to local BD domestic cricket. Can they not do that ? YES THEY CSN IF THEY ARE REALLY HONEST.
At-least it will help them in number of matches in terms of practices and exposure to a competitive level... world wide most of the pitches (even Australia and South Africa) are becoming more batsmen friendly.....
otherwise India has not risen to top test and no 2 or 3 ODI team just like that...
Old March 20, 2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
What are you on about buddy? Do you guys just assume every match you lose that you were expected to win just happened because of match-fixing? And even if Banlgadesh-Pakistan game in '99 was fixed, it would have nothing to do with TRYING to get Bangladesh test status. Silliest thing I ever heard....

How has PCB been that helpful? We have been stabbed in the back numerous times in the last two years by them, ever since we postponed an ODI series because WE were worried about the SAFETY of YOUR players. If Pakistan really wants to help us, should arrange to play us more, especially in test cricket where we need as many games as possible. I believe both Pakistanis and Bangladeshis call each other brothers, quarelling brothers, but still brothers. Its time for Pakistan to go back to how they used to behave with us and help each other's cricket improve. You can also take our players in your domestic leagues, if India does not want to help us in that way.
Come on be honest- that 1999 team was full of super stars- it can be easily be descried, labeled as one of the greatest team ever to walk out on a cricket field. We had a great batting line up, greatest bowling line up and afridi, razzaq, azhar as all rounders. the team was so great that Waqar couldnt make it in the team. can you imagine that?? And then loosing to bangladesh- a team full of medioce, rubbish players. Players that are not even selected at college level in Pakistan. Wasim Akram was fixed the match- didnt you see the interview after the game where he smiling and happy that Bangladesh won.

Why would we receive in assisting you in playing you a series? Not to act arrogant but we will simply white wash you and it will not be a competitive series at all. Would your players want to play in our domestic cricket with all the security problems in pakistan??
Old March 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Why would we receive in assisting you in playing you a series? Not to act arrogant but we will simply white wash you and it will not be a competitive series at all. Would your players want to play in our domestic cricket with all the security problems in pakistan??
Salam bro KK,

Welcome to BanglaCricket. Not long ago, we were cheated of a sure Test win in Multan. Ask Rashed Latif and Asoka De Silva. Mind you, then we didn't have Shakib, Tamim, Rubel or Shafiul. If we play a full series now against Pak in Bangladesh I expect us to win the series.

And please stop with cheating/ match fixing claims. That doesn't reflect well on Pakistan- if you're truly a Pakistani!
Old March 20, 2011, 01:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Come on be honest- that 1999 team was full of super stars- it can be easily be descried, labeled as one of the greatest team ever to walk out on a cricket field. We had a great batting line up, greatest bowling line up and afridi, razzaq, azhar as all rounders. the team was so great that Waqar couldnt make it in the team. can you imagine that?? And then loosing to bangladesh- a team full of medioce, rubbish players. Players that are not even selected at college level in Pakistan. Wasim Akram was fixed the match- didnt you see the interview after the game where he smiling and happy that Bangladesh won.
umm..ur are screaming that Pak fixed that 1999 match?..wonderful!

now can i call u Match Fixers?
Old March 20, 2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Salam bro KK,

Welcome to BanglaCricket. Not long ago, we were cheated of a sure Test win in Multan. Ask Rashed Latif and Asoka De Silva. Mind you, then we didn't have Shakib, Tamim, Rubel or Shafiul. If we play a full series now against Pak in Bangladesh I expect us to win the series.

And please stop with cheating/ match fixing claims. That doesn't reflect well on Pakistan- if you're truly a Pakistani!
Pshhhhht- Are you serious??

You got your a£s handed back to you by a weak windies team. You got slaughtered by South Africa of who we drew a test series and had a close one day series.

we finished top of the table..beating Sl, Australia.

Please dont be so arrogant with a team full of loosers.

Rubel, Shafiul who?? Next Akram, Waqar, Mcgrath???

Tamim is very inconsistent and I believe on par with Ahmed Shahzad who just got kicked out the Pakistan team whilst I do admit Sakib is good.

yes- we did have traitors such as: Amir, Asif, Butt..we hate them and rightly so. the current pakistan team is clean. And mashallah look at the performance now.

I do not wish to upset you guys as i consider Bangalis as my brother, sister..I had a bengali girlfriend. However, the matter of the fact is that your team is rubbish and on par with associates. Instead of avoiding this and running away from the truth you should highlight the problems and sort them out.

thank you...just an outsider who sees things more clearly with regards to bangladesh cricket.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
umm..ur are screaming that Pak fixed that 1999 match?..wonderful!

now can i call u Match Fixers?
Not only Pakistan but Bangladesh aswel.

It was done by Pcb, Bcb..the justice Qayuum report, enquiry highlighted this fact.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:42 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

^give the source..i am not bound to believe ur word am i?

so as long as there isnt any source ITS ALL A LIE
Old March 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Ok from what i can gather the irish players play in english county sides & it is obviously benefitting them.
So why dont we make deals with BCCI to let a few of our club teams to regularly participate in the indian domestic leagues?
Anyone remember Dhaka warriors in ICL?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
BRO RU RETARDED do you really think INDIAN DOMESTIC LEAGUE HAS LACK OF GOOD PLAYERS THAT THEY WILL ALLOW OUR CRICKETERS TO PERFORM THERE . players like wasim jafer, suresh raina, Mohammad kaif and many other Ranjy trophy first class players are way better than our BD players i bet any of those Ranjy trophy teams will beat BD by inning in first class game The best way we can do this is let any duleep trophy or ranjy trophy team participate in our domestic first class League for our domestic players get some international exposure & experience as well
Old March 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^give the source..i am not bound to believe ur word am i?

so as long as there isnt any source ITS ALL A LIE
I am sure that you are capable enough to carry out a research on the Qayuum report.