facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musfique
Yes sir absolutely! So will world hunger, anything else solved by Sid's impending departure?
1. First Benefit is: Damage Control
2. Second Benefit: Save Money, because what JS was doing could be done by any tom, dick & harry. He waits for natural improvement & Any local coach would do that.
3. We will have a team who will be ready to fight and not spoil trousers like they are doing now.
4. Shakib will become a much better & improved captain. I admire him (Shakib) for bringing our minds out from the fox hole of JS defeatist policies. That's what happens (58/78) when the team members aren;t sure wheather to listen to coach and play for 200 or to play for win. He players clearly lacked any definite midset, what to do. They were all caught in two minds in the middle.

Bangladesh team has not scored 58 and 78 in three matches against big team in any tournament before. This is the result of Fear that he (JS) started spreading about the G8 by his various statements after coming to BD & Constant negative attitude towards our cricket. Almost Same players did so well in last WC and now their knees are knocking seeing Shehwag. Don't you think JS deserves credit for that as well?
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; March 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM..
Old March 20, 2011, 11:04 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Shakib should stay as captain..WC was too much pressure for him,he usually plays well as a captain
if we can retain him as a captain for 4 more years and in 2015 he'll be more mature because of age then i think he'll handle the WC pressure more better..

if u say he is struggling to find form as captain plz see the past series..the only failed in this WC and the pressure was immense

but that doesn't cut him a slack cos he is an professional cricketer and should have handled the pressure
2015 WC e chance pabe naki seita age ensure koren...
Old March 20, 2011, 11:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Shakib is an all-arounder and at that he is recognized as #1 in the world. I believe that in it self is a huge responsibility and pressure. I want him to stay at that, I want opponents to fear him when he comes to bat and when he goes to bowl. That being said, I think the pressure of captaincy can ruin players for example tendulkar hated it as well as KP, I think even Ash went down hill after having the captaincy. I rather have someone senior and consistent player have it. Stop saying Mash, that guy is injured half the time do you really want this situation from a captain. How about good old Razzak?
Old March 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirsho
2015 WC e chance pabe naki seita age ensure koren...
at least 10 ta team khelbe..amake akta reason dekhan 10 ta team er modhe na thakar
Old March 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

It's important the coach and captain have good chemistry. Once the coach is finalized, BCB should work with him to decide the captain. Till then keep shakib on for the aus series. I do think that Tamim should not be VC though.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 20, 2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

bring back Masraffie anyhow as odi captain atleast , bcz he is much more talented than sakib al hasan , and mortaza proves that against england last summer when we didnt have no win against big nations but after he becomes a captain we won against england with brillince captancy , and also they should bring BACK ALOK KOPALI AND AFTAB AHEMD BCZ NUMBER 3 AND NUMBER 6 POSITIONS NO ONE HAVE DONE BETTER THAN THESE 2
Old March 20, 2011, 01:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Let it be Sakib's own decision. If he can handle the pressure of captaincy well and along with performs as an all rounder, i don't see the necessity for a change in captaincy ! Otherwise, bring back Mashrafee when he is fit enough !

And what's this stupid ego clash between sakib and mashrafee !?? When will these people put their team first on their priority list for God's sake !
Old March 20, 2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Yes.

Its not as if you have Imran khan, Smith, Fleming or even Afridi waiting on the wings or do you?

The captain is only as good as the resources, talent provided to him..it is not Sakibs fault that besides him everyone else sucks.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Constant changing of captains is bad for the team and it will only result in divisions and the creation of camps in the team. Shakib should stay captain, he is calmer than any other player on the whole team. I don't understand why anyone would make Imrul Kayes captain just because he scored 2 fifties in the world cup. Tomorrow Imrul will be off form and everyone will say he shouldn't remain captain anymore. Imrul isn't a leader. Against England, they needed Shakib to come into bat so that he could calm Imrul down and tell him to keep rotating the strike. Shakib needs to stay captain, this way he will continue to learn from his mistakes.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Why do people forget everything so quickly...two failure does not make us a bad team. Shakib is the best captain Bangladesh have in a long time and we must stick with him.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know if anyone else is capable of leading the team as well as Shakib right now. Perhaps his responsibilities should be reduced but I dont think replacing him with someone else as captain would be a good idea. Sure that might give us a better player in shakib, but our side will not be lead as well IMO. We can try Mash, but I've got a feeling his injuries are always gonna force him to come in and out of the national team, never letting him settle in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
We need a coach who will have better defined roles for each player in the team and tell them clearly what's his expectations from each.
OT-you spoke my mind. I feel that the lack of clearly defined roles in our team was what caused such inconsistent results. It seems that besides Tamim (maybe imrul as well) no one else really has a defined role when batting. Tamim may be our hitter, but where are the accumalators, the power hitters etc.? There seems to be no purpose in the eyes of most batsmen in our team, which is why we often fail to post competitive totals when Tamim does not click.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Yes sir absolutely! So will world hunger, anything else solved by Sid's impending departure?
Lol. it's all Siddons fault, tamim's bhuri etc etc. Siddons bashing isn't really analytical-Siddons being there at this time may be associative rather than causative, the boneheads that are some of our batsmen may be the root cause

Shakib and Mash's split has been made much bigger than it really is by our trouble makign media IMo. Shakib had wanted mashrafe in the 15, but was rejected by the selectors who chose Mr Ashraful instead. Mahsrafe needn't have played the first few matches, but i think he should have been in the squad instead of a few dead logs, kapali should have been there as well

Again I reiterate when the tree's going dodgy it's not the crown but probably the roots and trunk that is the problem-i.e BCB, our own player development at junior levels etc etc I find it hard to believe any coach would have a personal vendetta against a player(other than Chappell) and it's not like siddons hasn't chosen mashrafe before.

There's a lot of naeem and Mahmuduallah bashing in some of the other threads-I think they should be there, most of the times these guys have come in our top and early middle order had played irresponsibly putting them under pressure. There wasn't Naeem shakib or mahmuduallah could have done against SA. Not only that Mahmudullah and Naeem can grind it out when the going gets tough, they are perhaps mentally tougher than some of our other players and that's what we need to learn, to play attritional cricket, something Tamim ashraful etc cannot. Sometimes a hard fought 20 odd or a 30 odd can be crucial and as late order batsmen that's all we can expect from these two-it's the top order that needs to set the platform
Old March 20, 2011, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
This reminds me of Gulliver in Lilliput land. Shakib has the cricketing IQ far superior to any cricketing mind Bangladesh has ever produced. When you have one computer and a thousand calculators, you just shut up and let the computer lead you wherever it wants to.
Old March 20, 2011, 08:33 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Shakib had some residual effect after his Worcestershire stint. Hence the NZ and Zim series wins. Drug wore off. Dunno if he got over the moon. Let's just hope IPL doesn't derail him either.

And as far on topic: smh.

Right now he's thebest we got. He is just having a bad patch. If for every match we had to open a thread like this, then it might as well come down to the day when we will be debating if Roqib will lead us.

smh
Old March 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Shakib had some residual effect after his Worcestershire stint. Hence the NZ and Zim series wins. Drug wore off. Dunno if he got over the moon. Let's just hope IPL doesn't derail him either.

And as far on topic: smh.

Right now he's thebest we got. He is just having a bad patch. If for every match we had to open a thread like this, then it might as well come down to the day when we will be debating if Roqib will lead us.

smh
Ditto!
Old March 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
bring back Masraffie anyhow as odi captain atleast , bcz he is much more talented than sakib al hasan , and mortaza proves that against england last summer when we didnt have no win against big nations but after he becomes a captain we won against england with brillince captancy ,
FTR under Mashrafe, they lost against 2 minnows after that win.
Old March 20, 2011, 09:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If the criteria for being a captain is about havings guts, skill and tactical awareness then I would say there is no one better than Shakib.

If its about man management and lifting your side than in my opinion he has failed miserably. The biggest problem i have with Shakib and Siddons combo is that they have created this force field around their favorite players and for anyone outside of this group life seems to be very difficult. We have enough problems as it is...the last thing we need is a rise of player power like the West Indies...and divisions within the group like pakistan.
Old March 20, 2011, 10:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

shakib should remain as captain, hopefully he can improve his performances. if it affect his performances, he should give up

tamim should be sacked as VP, it totally ruin his batting form. we need some one mature to take over VC role. if mushy is regular in the team, he should be vc, otherwise, SN or mahmudullah should be VC.
Old March 20, 2011, 11:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
The culture in bangladesh is that, if someone is clearly better than you, keep them down and try to sabotage whatever they have, from so called civil society to the remote villages. So I haven't been overly surprised by the Abahoni cronies that are constantly trying to wind up Shakib.

If Shakib is captain, the team must be his, so he must have a huge say in the selection. Otherwise make someone else the captain.
I agree here completely, have seen it happen before. I don't blame shakib. Siddons tried his best got results in the past, our batsmen may not be respondign to him now or reached a plateau.

Shakib's worcetershire-cillin effects are wearing off, or perhaps he contracted NCL-oma which is a mailgnant form of cricketing tumour that sucks out all the life from an allrounder-the only one who trhives on it is ashraful

Our domestic league has to improve
Old March 21, 2011, 02:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If the criteria for being a captain is about havings guts, skill and tactical awareness then I would say there is no one better than Shakib.

If its about man management and lifting your side than in my opinion he has failed miserably. The biggest problem i have with Shakib and Siddons combo is that they have created this force field around their favorite players and for anyone outside of this group life seems to be very difficult. We have enough problems as it is...the last thing we need is a rise of player power like the West Indies...and divisions within the group like pakistan.
yes, my thoughts exactly.
man mangement and lifting your side Habibul bashar and Mashrafee did it better.
Old March 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: will let you know after

No. Why? Cause too much pressure on him to perform at his best. he is an all-rounder a star player, he needs pressure off him. leading a side which has huge cricket mad fans, high expectations. and having to perform in all departments with bat, bowl, fielding and captaincy too, doesnt help mentalily especialy if your at that age.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 21, 2011, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Mashrafe Mortaza to be Captain, Abdur Razzak or Mahmudullah Vice Captain. I dont want no extra massive pressure on shakib and tamim, just want them to be free, play how they played best before and not having to think/worry too much that they are Captain and Vice-Captain and all depends on them.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old March 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Nope he doesn't have the overall mentality of a captain. I could elaborate further but not in the mood. As has been mentioned yes he didn't mess up on the field but his captaincy wasn't brilliant either. Off the field he was a disaster. I think both Tamim and Shakib should be removed from leadership positions and be kept away until they firmly establish themselves as world-class players. I would suggest Imrul as captain a la Darren Sammy but the question is whether like Gayle, will Shakib and Tamim support such a move? Or will pride and spite get the better of them?
Great observation. Let us bring back non-performing (even more inconsistant) captain and vice captain. At least we will have two non-performers (negative performers) playing against opposition fielding 13 already.

I vote for Habibul Bashar as captain and Ashraful as vice captain. I want to see more pitch mending and slip catch practice please. Afterall, experience'r ekta dam asey na.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

^Lol. Non-performing? I can't be bothered to dig up the stats but I am pretty confident that Imrul Kayes was the highest run-scorer for us last year. He has a better average against G8 sides than your precious Shakib Al Hasan. The question is not about performing or non-performing it is about maturity and having a cool and composed attitude. And not having a b!tch fit every time someone says or writes something about you.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

^^^ and you think Imrul is more mature and cool headed than Shakib????????
also an non-performing mature and cool headed player is good for captaincy. brilliant!!!