facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 08:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Thumbs up bangladesh needs two coach wasim akram and saurav ganguly

i strongly believe, bangladesh needs a coach, specially for their bowling,, pace bowl. i dont think bangladesh bowling is that great, they might make an upset sometime, but its the spinner that does it. we need our pace bowler to do it for us. and strongly think " Wasim Akram would be a great candidate to coach bangladesh team" and for batsman, we defenitely need a top class batsman, and that could be Sourav GANGULY"

please give your opinion and comments.

Old March 21, 2011, 08:31 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Jeeez.. THANKS ransr5.
Old March 21, 2011, 08:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

hmmmm... okay..!!
Old March 21, 2011, 08:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

great player doesn't mean that he'll be a good coach..look at kkr...what significant change has wasim done there?

Ian pont is doing a decent job with the bowlers..what we need is a Good Experienced committed Batting coach whom players are willing to listen to

Last edited by Night_wolf; March 21, 2011 at 09:07 PM..
Old March 21, 2011, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Jeeez.. THANKS ransr5.
Mr Pont, don't worry about that comment because you are actually a great coach; however we need a batting coach; J. Siddons failed in that departement. Sourav Ganguly would be a great fit for this young team
Old March 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
Street Cricketer

one will teach how to do politics and the other will teach how to get paid while bowling No balls. No to both.
Old March 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Ian has done really well and so did Jamie Siddons.. If I had the choice than I would never replace them. The only problem I still have with Jamie is his refusal to try out new players and too much love for constantly failing players like Rock and Junaid....
Old March 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Jeeez.. THANKS ransr5.
Hey Ian, the recent wave of "change the coaches" must be getting to you. I just wanted to let you know, there are still some who thinks that the coaches are doing a fine job.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

NO subcontinent coach for Bangladesh. Period.

Without a through investigation of the whole thing, it is unnecessary to call for anyone's head at this point. Changes might be necessary, but not without knowing why to make the change.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

r koto kdpp marka thread?
Old March 22, 2011, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransr5
i strongly believe, bangladesh needs a coach, specially for their bowling,, pace bowl. i dont think bangladesh bowling is that great, they might make an upset sometime, but its the spinner that does it. we need our pace bowler to do it for us. and strongly think " Wasim Akram would be a great candidate to coach bangladesh team" and for batsman, we defenitely need a top class batsman, and that could be Sourav GANGULY"

we already have a good bowling coach.unless he does fakibaji in the long run,there really shouldn't be any reason to replace him.however,yes we need a head cach who will also be a batting coach since JS is leaving,but i think it shouldn't be someone from the subcontinent.i really hope we can get a coach from SA
Old March 22, 2011, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

So, the poster, Ian Pont really is THE Ian Pont?
Old March 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

As if we need more of the same politics that plagues the subcontinent.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
So, the poster, Ian Pont really is THE Ian Pont?
Yes - He is THE Ian Pont.. which world do you live in?
Old March 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I don't think Siddons failed as a batting coach,reading Tamim's column & looking at the number of centuries in tests & odis our btsmen scored for the last 2 yrs or so.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

coaches wont help if you dont learn to execute what you learn properly if coach tells rubel or shafiul not to bowl half volley to Greame smith and they bowl half volley , a some dleiveries in the legside they probably did not listen to the coach's advice. Coach will show u the way how to do things u have to play ur own game its also about mindset of the players as well I BELIEVE anyone can be a better batsmen that Ashrafool if they learn to execute their batting techniques properly, no matter how talented you are u have you apply your talents otherwise its useless ,to apply talent is basically a matter of mindset and approach towards the game look at associates teams like CANADA, Netherlands they don't have world class coaches nor they play FULL TIME CRICKET THEY ALL HAVE DAY JOBS they play good cricket with whatever their limitation to prove their full potential in any game . Even Ireland has a good fighting spirit. It all depends on you .
Its like this every teacher will teach u what to study and learn but u have to give your own exams so u need to prepare urself in this case the players
Old March 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

I really don't understand what Akram and ganguly can do, trust me they would do 10x worse than our current coaches.

Its our player need to learn and apply. Coach can't play for the country. So please people stop saying we need this person that person.
Old March 22, 2011, 05:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Dear ransr5,
I think you need some history lesson. Before, whatmore came, we had one pair paki coach. They were so cheap that instead of one BCB got two in the same price. We end up in 2003 WC.
In short, Paki/Indian coaches are prohibited for BD because they do a lot of ugly politics and the worst part we do not want match fixers to be around us. As far as Ganguly is concerned, he shouldn't be allowed around BD team at all because he is not a well-wisher of BD team. Other reason, whose gonna carry the badna for him, because he thinks he is a prince. We do not want a lowly (schedule cast) prince to experiment his coaching career on us. He can be our A team, u-19 coach.

SL coaches are better personal compared to Paki/Indian. Currently, we set a standard that we only allow Aus/SA head coaches and of course BD coach (like Salahuddin) around us. I would say our current bowling coach is the best and next is the fielding coach in rating. Both of them should be retained if possible. Siddons is a very good batting coach but not a head coach material. He is like Shaun williams, our earlier academy coach who generated most of our current batting talents. We are greatful to Siddons as well as shaun williams, I think he should have with us during our early days of test status. We need a very good strategic head coach like whatmore, john right, gary kirsten as the head coach because most of our players are very young, specially we have a very young captain. Whatmore used to take most of the pressure from our captains and he was a shrewed coach. At the same time, we need a batting coach like Siddons/Shaun.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
coaches wont help if you dont learn to execute what you learn properly if coach tells rubel or shafiul not to bowl half volley to Greame smith and they bowl half volley , a some dleiveries in the legside they probably did not listen to the coach's advice. Coach will show u the way how to do things u have to play ur own game its also about mindset of the players as well I BELIEVE anyone can be a better batsmen that Ashrafool if they learn to execute their batting techniques properly, no matter how talented you are u have you apply your talents otherwise its useless ,to apply talent is basically a matter of mindset and approach towards the game look at associates teams like CANADA, Netherlands they don't have world class coaches nor they play FULL TIME CRICKET THEY ALL HAVE DAY JOBS they play good cricket with whatever their limitation to prove their full potential in any game . Even Ireland has a good fighting spirit. It all depends on you .
Its like this every teacher will teach u what to study and learn but u have to give your own exams so u need to prepare urself in this case the players
this is so well said,couldn't hv said better.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
great player doesn't mean that he'll be a good coach..look at kkr...what significant change has wasim done there?

Ian pont is doing a decent job with the bowlers..what we need is a Good Experienced committed Batting coach whom players are willing to listen to
About KKR i have to say something, First of all Wasim didn't coach them for a long time and ofcourse players playing in KKR are already famous and talented. Most of them came from different countries, different state...But Wasim Akram can do better with our boys, May be within 1 year it will affect.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
laughable, BS, epic fail etc. etc.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Jeeez.. THANKS ransr5.
LOL loving your sense of humor coach. Don't stop
Old March 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Ok, thanks but no thanks.
Quote:

Old March 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

None. Get Shaun Pollok and Brian Lara.
Old March 22, 2011, 09:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib, imrul,

Please get some pace bolower from pakistan , africa, or aus and let them bowl to our 15 batsman for 3 month day and night.