facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So far Shakib has got 5 of his 7 wickets bowled. That's pretty awesome
Old April 20, 2011, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ He needs to celebrate more.
Old April 20, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ He needs to celebrate more.
I really miss his celebrations, but in a way i like how he's not content with himself.
Also he saves it for special occassions a la watson
Old April 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It really would've been great if he had stayed there and win the game for KKR. That was the last ball of the over. That other dude already score 9 runs of the over, all he had to do was play the ball, get a single or even just block the low fully and survive.
Old April 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
he's not contempt with himself.
you mean content.

contempt = disdain
Old April 20, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simin2011
Good bowling Shakib but concentrate on batting please ! you are supposed to be a batting all rounder

I always thought of him as a bowling allrounder.
Old April 20, 2011, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
you mean content.

contempt = disdain
Typo tbh, thanks for pointing out
Old April 20, 2011, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I always thought of him as a bowling allrounder.
He was a Batting ALR, Pre- #1 ALR. He became #1 ALR, once he worked on his bowling more, and picked up all those 5-for regularly. And at the same time he improved his batting and scored runs bunch of 96s and Couple of 100s. And that's when he became TRUE ALR.

Now he just lost form with the bat. Just like he had lost a bit of form with the ball before getting a CC- Worc. contract.
Old April 20, 2011, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

dhurrrr, if only he batted sensibly and just stayed a few overs taking singles and targetted the other bowlers and even if he got out, then ykp was there to recover, it would have made Shakib indispensible to kkr. oh well , happy with his bowling though
Old April 20, 2011, 02:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Don't tell be that he got out by playing Saki BAL Scoop?
Old April 20, 2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Shob shesh, we're done!
Old April 20, 2011, 05:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

i am not a big fan of shakib's batting, and i will be very surprised if he plays a match winning explosive innings in IPL.

bowling wise, he is doing excellent, but batting wise he might be explosive, but i dont think he will be match winning in that front.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 20, 2011, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Shakib in t20s isn't as bad as what he might seem regarding his batting-he has played good attacking innings against aus and pak (against aus he scored a 54 (29) few years back) and I think he has the ability-he needs to put the scoop shot out of the way until perhaps later in the innings when he is more set. I hope to see him do better next time, I think today's match was a blip-but when you come that low down the order in a t20 match I think you're going to play afew silly shots as there are so few overs left you don't think of building an innings.

Regarding his celebrations, perhaps he is waiting for the next WWE episode etc Hope shakib doesn't go crazy about SRK like Mashrafe. Personally I dislike SRK intensely(then again I don't like bollywood etc)
Old April 20, 2011, 08:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

after what he have done last night, i hope the KKR team management gives his some lessons on how to bat .....

in fact all tiwary, pathan and shakib needs the lessons ..... all of them were looking for big shots and all of them have only themselves to blame.
Old April 20, 2011, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

1 IPL innings and you are all like- 'Dhur eta kono batsman naki!'
He is a match winner. REMEMBER IT. He will prove all your words wrong...he will!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 20, 2011, 10:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

that 54 off 29 was in a preparation match for the world T20 in England, and the aussies scored so much runs, it didnt matter.

it was like imrul kayes's 93 against Australia, in not much of a pressure situation, and match always lost. thats when we scored 180 chasing 220. and people were praising our batting. like people praised our batting when we scored 283 chasing 370. insignificant and misleading.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 21, 2011, 12:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

It was his first at bat in IPL FGS! The other guys who also failed with the bat today:

EVERYONE other than virtual Bangali Tiwary and Abdulla. A little perspective here can do some of us a lot of good and not appear too impulsive and stupid.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 21, 2011, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

considering the situation the way he got out was nothing but misfortune, tell you why, because he came into situation where he has hurry for the quick runs before settling up his eyes, so you hit I miss type of things happened there. I don't blame Shakib, KKR should put him bit up of the order where he can have little time to settle then go for shots. We all know he is capable of biggies..

I found these days our some forum brothers so easily dismiss a person's credit and easily tag him like a crap or whatever..

you don't judge him from one first innings, if you blame then blame Ghambir, Kallis..they had enough time to settle and go for shots..

Shakib will do better (we all know his capability, pls patient) in his batting from the next matches, note my words !!
Old April 21, 2011, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
considering the situation the way he got out was nothing but misfortune, tell you why, because he came into situation where he has hurry for the quick runs before settling up his eyes, so you hit I miss type of things happened there. I don't blame Shakib, KKR should put him bit up of the order where he can have little time to settle then go for shots. We all know he is capable of biggies..

I found these days our some forum brothers so easily dismiss a person's credit and easily tag him like a crap or whatever..

you don't judge him from one first innings, if you blame then blame Ghambir, Kallis..they had enough time to settle and go for shots..

Shakib will do better (we all know his capability, pls patient) in his batting from the next matches, note my words !!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 21, 2011, 03:26 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan

1st of all regarding the position he bats he'll akways come in a situation where "he has hurry for the quick runs before settling up his eyes" so i wouldn't give that an excuse..and why should we give every time our players fail at something?..its not good

and yes its was just an innings..judging him based on this is not right
Old April 21, 2011, 03:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
that 54 off 29 was in a preparation match for the world T20 in England, and the aussies scored so much runs, it didnt matter.

it was like imrul kayes's 93 against Australia, in not much of a pressure situation, and match always lost. thats when we scored 180 chasing 220. and people were praising our batting. like people praised our batting when we scored 283 chasing 370. insignificant and misleading.
Runs are runs whether made in a winning or losing cause. Credit's due where it's due, ashraful's 94 (52) was in a losing cause, but I still rate it as perhaps the greatest attacking innings played by a Bangali esp considering it was in england

Bangladesh's batting was praised because their batting was good, their bowling let them down, the batsmen performed the bowlers didn't-that doesn't take away from how our batsmen played. They didn't steal the runs, there were no under the table dealings and as far as I know Al Pacino wasn't involved either, as George would say "Do not misunderestimate" what our batsmen have done during these individual innings.

Shakib is a decenttwenty twenty batsman-he's been doing enough with the ball-his shot selection was silly but in t20 who doesn't make a mistake or two? Mr Morgan has hardly set the IPl on fire and Dan Christian for all his money is turning out to be another KP or Flintoff or Lara in the ICL.
Old April 21, 2011, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

FFS ! the guy had one bad innings and got a good ball. at least let him play a couple more innings before you pass judgement.
Old April 21, 2011, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
If shakib performs well like this, he will get laid a lot in the ipl after parties

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Nah man. I Don't think he would. Shuvo would beat him up.
Old April 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

shakib is a decent batsman, but his batting hardly matches up the quality of his bowling.

it does matter in what situation the runs came. that 283 chasing 370 gave everyone the impression that our batting was quite well, in fact, powerful. which was not true. it was a flash in the pan for a weak batting line up. i know shakib is one of our top 2-3 batsmen, but he has never proven that he is T20 material. not at the international level. he is still young, and he can prove me wrong, but as i said, i watch him for his bowling. his batting isn't my primary concern. he will play sensibly, build an innings, score some runs in a difficult sensible chase, but he wont explode too much.

ashraful's 94 of 52 was utter dominance, and that was something else. it also came at a pace and point the England team thought they might lose even after scoring 391. of course things fell apart once he was out.
Old April 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Nah man. I Don't think he would. Shuvo would beat him up.
Huh?