facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Narine isnt as dangerous as he is made to look. I would see how he fares against the likes of De Villiers , Sehwag , Dhoni etc .

He is no doubt a better version of Mendis but will be 'decoded' in the coming days.

Is it only me or does a KKR loss (without shakib) makes you as happy as a Bangladesh win ?

It's everyone
Old May 7, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

https://twitter.com/#!/KKRiders/stat...ib NOT playing
Old May 7, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

MMWs: David Warning to score a 100. Ty.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Narine isnt as dangerous as he is made to look. I would see how he fares against the likes of De Villiers , Sehwag , Dhoni etc .

He is no doubt a better version of Mendis but will be 'decoded' in the coming days.

Is it only me or does a KKR loss (without shakib) makes you as happy as a Bangladesh win ?
It's only you and zinatf apparently. None of the results in this mickey-mouse tournament compares to a Bangladesh win.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

And Kallis takes care of Sehwag. No need for Narine to be handled.

Last edited by zsayeed; May 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old May 7, 2012, 09:57 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Shakib to play today: MoC

Shakib not to play: fantasy master Riankhan, Maysun,Zinatf (RMZ)
Score update:
RMZ (World 11) 1 - MoC (England) 0
Old May 7, 2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:

Patriot bhai amra khushi hoi but BD win-er shonge compare koratar kono mane nai

BD jitle amra shirt khule nachi, chilachilli kori, hattali di, bondhure phone kori, status mari

KKR harle amader kieba asha jai

BTW, ON TOPIC: I think Sunil Narine is resp. for sakib's exclusion. If narine wasnt there I cud gurantee sakib wouldve played at least 10-12 matches. Sakib took 6 wickets and at a RR of less than 6 which is excellent. If he played all the matches he wudve gotten 20 wickets by now, same cudve been told about sakib last year.

He fell in the wrong team without a question, not because of the competition but because the team management hardly shows any respect to Sakib. A guy that crowns the no. 1 spot in both tests and ODIs with hardly much contention and in sublime form as shown in Asia Cup and you prefer to keep him sitting in the dugout?

Sakib did well and he should be given the respect he deserves, nowadays ive seen him getting a lot of attention by the media. This shows that the cricket world finally accepts that he is a class act. Wether he peforms in IPL or not, he is still a World Class player in the jersey that really matters. At the end of the day, performing agains mediocre players here and there doesnt really show the class of a player
Old May 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
I loose
Old May 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Patriot bhai amra khushi hoi but BD win-er shonge compare koratar kono mane nai

BD jitle amra shirt khule nachi, chilachilli kori, hattali di, bondhure phone kori, status mari

KKR harle amader kieba asha jai

BTW, ON TOPIC: I think Sunil Narine is resp. for sakib's exclusion. If narine wasnt there I cud gurantee sakib wouldve played at least 10-12 matches. Sakib took 6 wickets and at a RR of less than 6 which is excellent. If he played all the matches he wudve gotten 20 wickets by now, same cudve been told about sakib last year.

He fell in the wrong team without a question, not because of the competition but because the team management hardly shows any respect to Sakib. A guy that crowns the no. 1 spot in both tests and ODIs with hardly much contention and in sublime form as shown in Asia Cup and you prefer to keep him sitting in the dugout?

Sakib did well and he should be given the respect he deserves, nowadays ive seen him getting a lot of attention by the media. This shows that the cricket world finally accepts that he is a class act. Wether he peforms in IPL or not, he is still a World Class player in the jersey that really matters. At the end of the day, performing agains mediocre players here and there doesnt really show the class of a player
Exactly !!! I really don't care about IPL and their selection but the fact that they are not showing any respect to Shakib is bothering me..Look how they treat YP.. o jodi Indian or kinba shada chamrar keo hoto or proshongsha korte korte fataye felto management r commentator ra..Look how they treat jadeja..Anyways amader BD der nijer naam nijekei orjon korte hobe.. ekjon dujon shudhu #1 hole hobe na.. puro team ke #1 hote hobe..
Old May 7, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Yes yes as if the quality of every spinner in the world is determined after he faces De Viliers, Shewag, Dhoni etc. Had it been a BD spinner instead of Narine and if someone said what you just said that person would have been labeled as a BD hater. Why is it so hard for people to give credit to Narine just because shakib is not playing for KKR. It's not Narine's fault, is it?

Shakib jodi Narine re credit dite pare, amader dite khoti ki?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Yes yes as if the quality of a spinner is determined after he faced De Viliers, Shewag, Dhoni etc. Had it been a BD spinner instead of Narine I can bet my life if someone said what you just said that person would have been labeled as a BD hater. Why is it so hard for people to give credit to Narine just because shakib is not playing for KKR. It's not Narine's fault, is it?
True, I do think Narine is pretty awesome.. The batsmen does look pretty clueless as they don't know which way it's going.. Shakib is a fine spinner but not as lethal as Narine..
Old May 7, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

^ I don't know about lethal but I think for now Narine is very good at containing batsmans. This helps other bowlers pick up wickets because players decide to play him out carefully and attack other bowlers and maybe edge one up in the air.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:18 AM
MLC World Series I

One wonders why wasn't Narine picked up for the WI test squad against Australia!
Old May 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
One wonders why wasn't Narine picked up for the WI test squad against Australia!
narine opted out thats why he didn't get selected. I think he made a really bad decision, selectors might think WI is not his number 1 priority
Old May 7, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Narine wanted to play IPL !!
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
narine opted out thats why he didn't get selected. I think he made a really bad decision, selectors might think WI is not his number 1 priority
Maybe it isn't and there's nothing wrong with that. He could become a freelancer like Gayle or Flintoff if he's good enough. To each his own right?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I think it's pretty immature and pathetic the way people have been reacting to Shakib and Tamim being left out. KKR and Pune are free to pick who they please and if they don't think either of them fits into their playing combinations, then so be it. There's really no sense in trying to go smell conspiracy in everything or accuse the captain of racism. These are simply ridiculous accusations.

The truth is, these teams are getting what they would have out of these two players from other guys. Not getting picked for your IPL XI doesn't mean anything as far as your abilities are concerned. It doesn't belittle Tamim or Shakib at all, but all this whining from the fans does.

I look at KKR and I see a struggling team finally getting on their feet under new leadership after a couple of seasons of failure. Narine has been a great addition and Gambhir has led from the front/with the bat. Some of the local batsmen (e.g. Das) have been good. There is still a lot more work to do and they probably still haven't figured out their best combination, but they have done extremely well considering their past in this tournament; not to mention the way they have bounced back after a couple of initial hiccups this year.

So for a team that is almost topping the table, they seem to be getting most things right and the management will only do what they feel is best for the team.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
MLC World Series I

Rejection is a part of life, and everyone has got to learn to deal with it. And I'm sure Shakib/Tamim are fine with sitting out, maybe a bit frustrated but they should learn from the experience.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Rejection is a part of life, and everyone has got to learn to deal with it. And I'm sure Shakib/Tamim are fine with sitting out, maybe a bit frustrated but they should learn from the experience.
plus, they are getting paid while warming the bench...there's no harm in it
Old May 7, 2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

funny how people talk about the payment and paid vacation. I dont think these money will do anything to our cricket but more for the interest of the players

What we would really want is that our players get into action, thats why I was so keen on the players like mushy, mash, nasir, tam-sha to play in Big Bash. And mind you, the cricket quality in BBL is much better. IPL is just a tournament for comercialization. I mean seriously, karbon kamaal catch? Even mor hideos, DLF maximum. Citi moment of success? Srsly what are these. In BBL every player that plays are quality players and even the non intl players are way better than the locals in the IPL.

The reason why the fans have been reacted like this is because simply of the lack of cricket. Our fans want the boys to be in action. As we have no intl matches we want to see tamim and shakib in IPL as a replacement, and as the saying goes, Duder shaad ghole metano, is perfect for this situation. If there was some intl cricket going on then we wudnt mind to much
Old May 7, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

High note: Shakib now plays for the number one Indian Premier League team. #komplishment
Old May 7, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
True, I do think Narine is pretty awesome.. The batsmen does look pretty clueless as they don't know which way it's going.. Shakib is a fine spinner but not as lethal as Narine..
how can u say that?
SAkib needs to play as many matches as Narayon to prove your statement either right or wrong.
Who knows how lethal Sakib could hv been if he had that many opportunities and that much support as Narayon got?
Although Narayon has been really good but do remember that he is still a new product, once his techniques get exposed who knows what will happen to him,may be he will become Mendis 2 or he will carry on successfully (that I wish).
Me as a cric fan I rely on those who improve their game match by match & become from average to top class rather than players like Ash,Mendis.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
how can u say that?
SAkib needs to play as many matches as Narayon to prove your statement either right or wrong.
Who knows how lethal Sakib could hv been if he had that many opportunities and that much support as Narayon got?
Although Narayon has been really good but do remember that he is still a new product, once his techniques get exposed who knows what will happen to him,may be he will become Mendis 2 or he will carry on successfully (that I wish).
Me as a cric fan I rely on those who improve their game match by match & become from average to top class rather than players like Ash,Mendis.
I'm not talking about IPL only actually.. Narine looks pretty promising.. ok I'm not a cricket bodhha but what I understand is Narine turns the ball both ways which makes it hard for the batsmen to pick..not everyone is Mendis /Ashraful.. look a Murali.. Narine could reach that height.. Shakib's action is pretty straightforward it's his accuracy and the wise mix of flight and variation which gives him wickets..And what bothers me more is in recent times Shakib's bowling is not going that well.. Razzak did better than him in both BPL and Asia Cup..
Old May 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

For those comparing Narine with Mendis, you're doing a good job of insulting Mendis. Narine other than that 5 wicket haul has done nothing of note. Mendis performed in all forms not just two IPl games but if that's the yardstick then t20 internationals are also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PpLGpdwC9w

I think people have forgotten how talented and successful Mendis was-Narine has been hyped massively and for someone as talented as mendis to go "missing" won't be too surprised if DOuble G's soulmate Narine follows the same route

As it is the vitriol should largely be directed at DOuble G unit not Narine-personally like WI players
Old May 10, 2012, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Here's his debut on a flat track unlike the spin havens of kolkata
Obviously against more technically correct bastmen than some of the clowns and has beens of the IPL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBTW...eature=related