facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2011, 07:05 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly
Arrow Finally iceman falls From the heavens but not without some pride

Finally Shakib Al Hasan Bangladesh's Premiere allrounder Has been Outclassed from his #1 place in the Icc odi All rounders Ranking...Shane watson has deservedly taken the #1 spot

Shakib Rose to that #1 spot on 23 jan 2009!..So that makes 809 day(115 week and 4 days) straight on the top(shakib lost the #1 spot after the second match)..Thats some achievement by International standard not only Bangladesh standard..if you go to the icc ranking page and search premiere allrounders (like kallis,hadly etc..and yes they have ranking for don bradman too..so u'll find garfield sobers ranking too) of present and past u will see on the ranking graph that only they held on to the #1 spot for more then 2 years..i am not puting shakib in their spot i am just showing his achievements in ranking terms

Before the WC started shakib was Ranked #1 for straight 299 matches(follow this link to see) and WC being of 49 matches and with 2 matches in the aus series that makes shakib's tally 350 match straight on #1...when shak was 278 match straight on #1 only 3 guys kapil dev,kallis and pollock has done this feat..see thie below quote from the icc 2010 ranking review

Quote:
Two all-rounders continued their form from 2009 to lead their respective tables for all twelve months of 2010. Jacques Kallis has spent more matches as the top-rated all-rounder in Test cricket than anyone else – 421 in total. He showed no signs of slowing down as he finally made his maiden Test double-century to occupy top spot for the fourth complete year on the trot. In ODI cricket, Shakib-al-Hasan continued to shine with both bat and ball and even at the tender age of just 23 has already spent a total of 278 matches in top spot – a number only surpassed by Kapil Dev, Kallis and Shaun Pollock.
http://reliancemobileiccrankings.blo...in-review.html

since then he added (350-278=)72 more matches...may be one ore 2 of these 3 have gone bellow him now..we'll have to wait for the next news to verify that

and people who always say that its Because of zim read this from the FAQ in icc rankings website:
Quote:
Is it harder to score points against some of the weaker teams than it might be to score points against the likes of Australia and South Africa?

Because the ratings take account of the opposition strength, there shouldn't be any obvious advantage to playing against any particular team. Of course that's not to say that certain individuals do seem to play better against certain opposition or on certain types of pitch.
Another record he embraced during this period is that He scored the Most runs And took the most wickets in a series vs the Nz..He is only the 3rd man in history to do that in a two team series..before him only Sourav Ganguly Vs pak in 1997 and Jack kallis vs Windies in 00/01 did this feat..
follow this link, this provides the list of persons who scored at least 200 runs and 10 wickets in a 2 team series..if u right click and go to each series home u can verify that only shakib,kallis and sourav did this feat

Shakib Thanks for this Wonderful period of time which No Bangladeshi has been able to give us(in ranking and all round)..and we hope u will again rise to #1 spot very soon..not Because of Zim but Because of ur abilities

Best of Luck

Last edited by Night_wolf; April 14, 2011 at 07:43 AM..
Old April 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Sad news indeed. In my book, Shakib is a more useful player than Watson. Playing in a weaker team does not help. I am sure he will bounce back and claim the #1 spot again.
Old April 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Nevermind, I'm not sad he lost it to watson at all. But I would sure be happy if he gets it back too
Old April 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

after 1st match shakibs rating were 401 and watsons were 379...after the 2nd match sakib went down to 384 and watson rose to 416!....that brutal innings by watto made all the difference
Old April 14, 2011, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Shameful. What a disgrace!
Old April 14, 2011, 08:19 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
why?

Last edited by Night_wolf; April 14, 2011 at 09:04 AM..
Old April 14, 2011, 08:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

now his feet will be on the ground.

its sad that he lost his ranking but its matter of time--he will regain

now he should concentrate on cricket rather than nasty politics and foul mouthing.
Old April 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

I am happy bcuz now he will lose some arrogance. Great! He will get it back! InshaAllah.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 14, 2011, 09:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
you are shameless...
Old April 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well he was going to lose it sooner or later...
Old April 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Gret work adnan bhai.. ya.. Surely shak will be back at num 1 insallah..
Old April 14, 2011, 09:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

2011 is not going well for BD cricket. Shakib's performance has deteriorated drastically and his bad patch has just started. Lets see how long it takes him to regain his form.
Old April 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
now his feet will be on the ground.

its sad that he lost his ranking but its matter of time--he will regain

now he should concentrate on cricket rather than nasty politics and foul mouthing.
What gives you the idea that his feet were not on the ground? And even if they weren't, why do you think the ranking had anything to do with it?
Even if Shak is arrogant in his own way that's not because of his ICC ranking, it's because of his role (as captain), performance and the contribution for our team. I don’t support anyone being too arrogant but his (arrogance) didn’t stem from his #1 ranking as an all rounder. In fact, when someone is a captain of a team that’s consistently losing, ICC ranking doesn’t mean jack.
Old April 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Old April 14, 2011, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Don't worry! He will be back to heaven by 2012 Joy SHAKIB
Old April 15, 2011, 02:27 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Gret work adnan bhai.. ya.. Surely shak will be back at num 1 insallah..
thanks ahnaf...insallah he will
Old April 15, 2011, 03:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin

I hope iceman wont go to Hell before going to heaven again. Captaincy burden is just starting to show on him

Old April 15, 2011, 03:51 AM
Test Cricketer

it was a proud thing that he was there for such a long time......he was bound to loose it one day since in cricket your form can dip and someone else can be in a zone.....but the important thing is when can he get it back....
Old April 15, 2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

SAH has been deteriorating for quite a while now. His bowling has been out of sorts and his batting has been dropping away. Tamim has been the same for the past 12 months.

I know people here are full of praise for the outgoing head coach but just reflect on the fact that the two 'stars' of BD are not shining as brightly as they once did. Results are results. And instead of improving and going onto average 35-40, or if you are world class 40-45, we see averages falling away.

Some good old fashioned coaching is required and some good old fashioned humble listening is required by the 'superstars'. You cannot just think you will stay at the top by not improving. SAH is somewhat lucky that we are not in an era with the likes of Botham, Hadlee, Kapil Dev and Imran Khan, who were TRUE world class players all around at the same time.
Old April 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i am a little sad but this maybe a blessing in disguise. shakib may learn a thing or two from this and improve on his lackings. but hey, we have got zimbabwe later this year and he can make it to no. 1 then!
Old April 15, 2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Am I shocked of why Bengalis hype Shakib so much!

He plays for his stats and this was illustrated against Aus when he took a negative approach in the games and ddnt go for total.

I prefer Tamim as hes positive and plays for the team rather for himself.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 15, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i am a little sad but this maybe a blessing in disguise. shakib may learn a thing or two from this and improve on his lackings. but hey, we have got zimbabwe later this year and he can make it to no. 1 then!
I don't know why people are sad about individual rankings. I don't really think anybody cares about these rankings. Only BD commies mention it every time Shak comes to bat or bowl, most people were probably oblivious to his #1 position anyway. What matters is his consistent performance in leading BD and where Bangladesh it self is ranked, which is at the bottom right now.
Old April 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't know why people are sad about individual rankings. I don't really think anybody cares about these rankings. Only BD commies mention it every time Shak comes to bat or bowl, most people were probably oblivious to his #1 position anyway. What matters is his consistent performance in leading BD and where Bangladesh it self is ranked, which is at the bottom right now.
And dnt forget, the commies always mention the 4-0 whitewash. -_-

Old April 15, 2011, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING-KHAN
Am I shocked of why Bengalis hype Shakib so much!

He plays for his stats and this was illustrated against Aus when he took a negative approach in the games and ddnt go for total.

I prefer Tamim as hes positive and plays for the team rather for himself.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Shakib has grown a bit of arrogance and self-centeredness now. But I hope it soon goes away. He deserves to get hyped!

Old April 15, 2011, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Watson gets more advantages from his team mates (a good catch of his ball,a good 4 saving fielding, good partner while batting and what not) Shakib never gets these extra support from his 9 ranked team. this is like meritorious son of rich family vs brilliant son of average family. Moreover Shakib has burden of captaincy along with political conflict in BCB.Considering these facts he is a real hero beyond silly ranking. a true WELL-rounder.So Shakib is much better than Watto.period