facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 15, 2011, 03:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default TOP ORDER - No feet movement

Just watching the 2nd ODI and at 36-4 it is evident YET AGAIN the technique of the batting line up is not good enough for International cricket success.

The three left handers just threw their bat at the ball and got caught. NO FOOT movement. The rest of the world knows this and bowls there (as happened in Zimbabwe with Vittori and Jarvis). Ash played a shocking and unprofessional shot by opening the face of the bat to GIFT a catch to slip - it almost looked deliberate for some reason?????

And finally now, Alok Kapali - he just has no clue against anything bowled short. He doesn't move his feet and is just not International standard. At the time of writing this he is still batting, but it is by more luck than judgement. Even if he goes on and scores 100 from here he has such a bad technique that there is a serious problem.

How many more times are we going to sit and watch this garbage batting by the TOP 5?

The answer is clear - coach batting technique Law bhai or face an early exit as coach. The coaches OWE it to us fans to deliver on their role of coaching the relevant departments. I feel strongly it is time to stop being so 'nicey nicey' and get on with teaching the correct technique to be a success at this level.

If Law bhai and the others don't know how to do that then bring someone in who does.

Bangladesh fans deserve better than this.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:35 AM
Cricket Sage

I think our top order batsman's feet is moving alright.... roach aar Rampal's bouncer-er bhoyee tou paa kapbeyee.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Amla, Azhar, Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Just watching the 2nd ODI and at 36-4 it is evident YET AGAIN the technique of the batting line up is not good enough for International cricket success.

The three left handers just threw their bat at the ball and got caught. NO FOOT movement. The rest of the world knows this and bowls there (as happened in Zimbabwe with Vittori and Jarvis). Ash played a shocking and unprofessional shot by opening the face of the bat to GIFT a catch to slip - it almost looked deliberate for some reason?????

And finally now, Alok Kapali - he just has no clue against anything bowled short. He doesn't move his feet and is just not International standard. At the time of writing this he is still batting, but it is by more luck than judgement. Even if he goes on and scores 100 from here he has such a bad technique that there is a serious problem.

How many more times are we going to sit and watch this garbage batting by the TOP 5?

The answer is clear - coach batting technique Law bhai or face an early exit as coach. The coaches OWE it to us fans to deliver on their role of coaching the relevant departments. I feel strongly it is time to stop being so 'nicey nicey' and get on with teaching the correct technique to be a success at this level.

If Law bhai and the others don't know how to do that then bring someone in who does.

Bangladesh fans deserve better than this.
Yes, because thats what International head coaches do right...teach the basics...

Whats domestic cricket there for then? Age group cricket? Whats experience there for then? If a player with 150 odd matches doesnt learn, dont blame the teacher, blame the student.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

team combination rightly utilise na korle ki r hobe?? Ashraful who is still a stupid cricketer after 170+ odi...shafiul lagatar mair khai tao badh porena...tamimer khela theke baire monojog beshi...why again n again same stupids?? Shoja kotha hoilo jara barbar fail kore tara kano ato chance pai?? Amake bolen teamer bipode ashraful konodin bachaise?? Shey shobshomoy early wicket porake fast kore.
Old October 15, 2011, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Pi pu fi shu...(Pit pure gelo fire shui)....
Old October 15, 2011, 07:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Just watching the 2nd ODI and at 36-4 it is evident YET AGAIN the technique of the batting line up is not good enough for International cricket success....
My my, are we talking about Tamim here? The agun'er gola Ashraful? Our version of wall Kayes. Ex-World #1 alrounder Shakib? (this one is the bomb) The sensation, the savior, the gifted, the potential, teen averaging, Rubu's hero Kapali?

LBW103 needs to start a petition for BD to withdrawal from intl cricket to ICC. Feet movement will not be there in near future. Live with that.
+++
I do not know whom to call "cat" after this game.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; October 15, 2011 at 09:02 AM..
Old October 15, 2011, 08:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Tamim's game is lacking these days. But, I think he will come around. Our opening partnerships used to give us solid starts not too long ago. I think, once again, it will. Just a bit patience.
Old October 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I cant see any input from Law in the team. The same old story as if Law is in charge to monitor JS unfinished job.
Old October 15, 2011, 09:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I don't see anything!
Old October 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
The answer is, Ian Pont.
Old October 15, 2011, 09:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
The answer is, Ian Pont.

Chapbazi bhondo koren

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

trust me there is nothing much a coach can do if players make the same mistakes over and over again....
Old October 15, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Chapbazi bhondo koren

chapabaj der loge chapabaji ee kora lage
Old October 15, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I think Its not the coach..We have hired many coaches over the years. Still our fielding is terrible and pace bowling is like sere de ma kede bachi.Still those same Khocha. We have hired Whatmore who made SL World Champ. Did we improve under him?..Its definitely not the coach, Blend in all the coaches in the world and spoon feed the players but the results will be same..

its our player's lack of capability to learn..aar Pont er kotha bolsen? WC e Sehwag er baari ki vule gelen eto taratari???
Old October 15, 2011, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Just hit their feet with a 'laati' a la BD style and you'll see the greatest feet movemen in cricket

Old October 15, 2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
..aar Pont er kotha bolsen? WC e Sehwag er baari ki vule gelen eto taratari???
WC er aage pont onek kisu bolse- ei korbo sei korbo. aar result jokhon kharap hoilo tokhon- player der nijeder o chesta korte hobe- ei excuse sei excuse. duniyar shera coach anleo je kisu hobena eita amra sobai jani karon jaati goto vabei amra sincere na.

Old October 15, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

eder ke Bhorotnattom (or wharever it is) er upor ekta course deya hok.

Old October 15, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

lawre keu ekta bet gift koren toh. eigulare prettkedin practicer por paaye koyekta beter bari dilei pa automatic nora shuru korbe!
Old October 15, 2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by y-factor
Yes, because thats what International head coaches do right...teach the basics...

Whats domestic cricket there for then? Age group cricket? Whats experience there for then? If a player with 150 odd matches doesnt learn, dont blame the teacher, blame the student.
If the basics are lacking my friend then the coach HAS to coach them. Fountain said he had to do exactly that. The Head Coach is being paid US$ 225,000 per year or US$ 18,000 each of the 4 months he has been here so far. Do you think it is beneath him to actually coach things that the team needs?

The problem is that NONE of the batting coaches is coaching the basics because they all think it is someone else's job. That's a poor excuse and simpler to blame the players who are just not being corrected.

If the coach teaches and then the students don't listen, you change the students. If you don't teach the students, then you change the teacher.
Old October 15, 2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think our top order batsman's feet is moving alright....
"Playing recklessly on a track hardly offering any seam movement, Bangladesh wasted little time in registering their second-worst ODI start, 1 for 3. Imrul Kayes, usually guilty of getting stuck in chases, cut and edged the third delivery he faced, the fourth of the innings. Tamim sliced the second ball he faced to third man. Both had to make an effort to reach the ball. Mohammad Ashraful found an innovative way to apply for the assistant coach's position when he decided to give perfect catching practice to second slip off the fifth ball he faced. He did that almost stylishly, leaning back, opening the face late, guiding the ball straight to second slip, off the face. No batsman tried to get his eye in, none moved his feet closer to the line of the ball, but all tried to attack." - CricInfo

No evidence of the smart cricket Law bhai promised
Old October 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I think Its not the coach..We have hired many coaches over the years. Still our fielding is terrible and pace bowling is like sere de ma kede bachi.Still those same Khocha. We have hired Whatmore who made SL World Champ. Did we improve under him?..Its definitely not the coach, Blend in all the coaches in the world and spoon feed the players but the results will be same..

its our player's lack of capability to learn..aar Pont er kotha bolsen? WC e Sehwag er baari ki vule gelen eto taratari???
Before Pont and Fountain..BD 27 losses in 29 matches (win ratio 7%)
During Pont and Fountain..BD 10 wins in 14 matches (win ratio 72%)
After Pont and Fountain..BD 8 losses in 11 matches (win ratio 27%)

This is basically the same group of players but the difference was the coaches that actually coached fielding and bowling. The batting appears to never have been coached well and continues the downward decline.

We did not retain Pont and Fountain.

Work the answer out yourself.
Old October 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Before Pont and Fountain..BD 27 losses in 29 matches (win ratio 7%)
During Pont and Fountain..BD 10 wins in 14 matches (win ratio 72%)
After Pont and Fountain..BD 8 losses in 11 matches (win ratio 27%)

This is basically the same group of players but the difference was the coaches that actually coached fielding and bowling. The batting appears to never have been coached well and continues the downward decline.

We did not retain Pont and Fountain.

Work the answer out yourself.
Can we forward this to BCB?
Old October 15, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

achcha feet mvmnt diya ki hobe,erato ar foot baller na!
Old October 15, 2011, 05:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

I must say I am beginning to agree with LBW103 and many of his points....Law seems pointless to be there.....things looking very bad, his whole porpose(spell) of being here as the head coach, what is going on?! I know it's early, but it is still long enough to see and observe someones' impact or lack of after being appointed as a head coach. So far what has been seen is to say the least very very clueless for BD cricket team. And I know it is also BCB's responsibility and they take a lot of the blame for this DOWNWARD DROP!
Old October 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Can we forward this to BCB?
Wate of time in forwarding this. BCB is the only cricket body who doesn't believe in stats but combination.