facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 12, 2015, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I think he makes more money than you...unless he lives in his mother's basement and eats ramen noodles for lunch and dinner...

ideas are dime a dozen, it's the plan and the execution that matters...

Sometimes your posts here are really good and reflects a thinking head on your shoulder but then out of no where you say the most stupidest thing...

Remember it can take only one stock crash to wipe someone out....

Anyways, it's a shame there are so much private money that companies not doing IPOs as soon as before... I wish I was able to buy UBER. It's gonna come out a very matured company by the time it IPOs....
what's his income got to do with me financing his idea? and how do you know how much I earn? such an idiot.

shame I can't say the same about your posts, they're all stupid.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

You are being silly... I was being honest. I have an idea of how much you make it doesnt take a rocket scientist...

Here is why income matters.. if he believes in his idea and he can execute it well and he has the money (more than you can provide), why does he need you? And if his money requirement goes to the level where he can't afford it, he still doesn't need you cuz you can't afford it either...

Clear?
Old May 12, 2015, 12:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
You are being silly... I was being honest. I have an idea of how much you make it doesnt take a rocket scientist...

Here is why income matters.. if he believes in his idea and he can execute it well and he has the money (more than you can provide), why does he need you? And if his money requirement goes to the level where he can't afford it, he still doesn't need you cuz you can't afford it either...

Clear?
that's all well and great, but all I read was a whole lot of Ifs and Buts, which is what your whole investment strategy is based on.

If I can commit as much funds as he can, regardless of income, then your whole thesis is ripped apart, much like your portfolio.

notice how I had a go at your strategy and portfolio without knowing the facts? yeah that's a taste of your own medicine.

keep talking, I can afford a TV,
Old May 12, 2015, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
I can afford a TV,
Good for you. Now all you need is a happy marriage and I will be jealous of you.

Where is Jadukor, this punk is stealing your jokes..
Old May 12, 2015, 01:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

"I merely jest" :P

lol marriage, sound like my parents/aunties/uncles etc

man asian hours are so boring, i'd move to NYC if I got a job... anyone?? flippin burgers??
Old May 14, 2015, 01:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I think he makes more money than you...unless he lives in his mother's basement and eats ramen noodles for lunch and dinner...

ideas are dime a dozen, it's the plan and the execution that matters...

Sometimes your posts here are really good and reflects a thinking head on your shoulder but then out of no where you say the most stupidest thing...

Remember it can take only one stock crash to wipe someone out.... i feel like you are primed for stupid **** like that.

Anyways, it's a shame there are so much private money that companies not doing IPOs as soon as before... I wish I was able to buy UBER. It's gonna come out a very matured company by the time it IPOs....I want it NOW... wanted it a year AGO too...
Let's not take personal jabs at one another I should probably eat ramen every day. I would be able to save another 200-400 more if I control my spending habits

That being said, what kind of books have you guys read and who are some investors you look up to?

I am so weak. I'm unable to take any amount of risk or losses. A lot of stocks I follow made big gains and here I am still at 0% :/
Old May 14, 2015, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_h4x0r
I would be able to save another 200-400 more if I control my spending habits

I am so weak. I'm unable to take any amount of risk or losses. A lot of stocks I follow made big gains and here I am still at 0% :/
I do not support penny pinching ...
People like money because it gives them some freedom to enjoy certain things in life, why would you give that up to just accumulate a number when you are old? Makes no sense.

This is what I support:
1. Make more money that you just don't need
2. Eliminate your biggest expense : Housing

Do not give up on starbucks coffee, night out to dinner, concerts, live ball game, getaway vacations,...any expense that gives you pleasure is worth spending that's all.

Regarding your risk tolerance, unfortunately, is a big problem. you need to be indexed my friend and not worry about day to day swings...

So which stocks have you been eyeing...?
Old May 14, 2015, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
sorry i mis spoke...

2. Eliminate your biggest expense: Wife
Old May 14, 2015, 06:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Let's not take personal jabs at one another I should probably eat ramen every day. I would be able to save another 200-400 more if I control my spending habits

That being said, what kind of books have you guys read and who are some investors you look up to?

jack schawgger's market wizards is a good book
barry ritholtz sometime has good posts on his blog
investing against the tide- andrew bolton

risk is contextual buddy, it's only dumb if you don't know what you're doing.
Old May 14, 2015, 06:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I do not support penny pinching ...
People like money because it gives them some freedom to enjoy certain things in life, why would you give that up to just accumulate a number when you are old? Makes no sense.

This is what I support:
1. Make more money that you just don't need

Do not give up on starbucks coffee, night out to dinner, concerts, live ball game, getaway vacations,...any expense that gives you pleasure is worth spending that's all.

Regarding your risk tolerance, unfortunately, is a big problem. you need to be indexed my friend and not worry about day to day swings...

So which stocks have you been eyeing...?
yeh 100%!
Old May 14, 2015, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is what I support:

Quote:
sorry i mis spoke...

2. Eliminate your biggest expense: Wife
I think both arson and murder are frowned upon here, Orphy

But excellent advice regarding penny pinching.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Just read an article on Morgan stanley coming up with 30 stocks for "long term". Half of the stock here we talked about and been bullish on way back..

Old May 15, 2015, 12:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
I think both arson and murder are frowned upon here, Orphy

But excellent advice regarding penny pinching.
no need to be a criminal- use the markets- sell to the highest bidder
Old May 18, 2015, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Asfar bhai, GMCR is getting pounded and rightly so.... I was contemplating purchasing as price find some sort of support but more I read, I too am disappointed.

Quote:
The “Keurig Kold” will cost around $300 or $369 dollars, depending on the retailer—more than expected and much pricier than even the highest-end product from its rival Sodastream, which costs $199.99. Sodastream’s least expensive machine is just $79.99.
Even at that price, Keurig will be subsidizing the product and losing money on every machine, hoping to make it back with pod sales. The pods will also be substantially more expensive than Sodastream’s concentrate, at between 99 cents and $1.29 for a pod that makes an 8 ounce drink. Sodastream sells concentrate at $5.99 per pack, which is enough to make 33 drinks. Keurig drinks will have a cost per ounce of between 12 and 16 cents, compared with between 1 and 2 cents for Sodastream.
http://qz.com/406139/everything-is-g...g-all-at-once/
Having said the above, they can still be a good stock even if Kold fails as I think single serving coffee market is much larger where they are dominating.. but recent developments suggest they are screwing that up as well....

If it falls down to around 70s, I will probably buy it. Watchin...
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Asfar bhai, GMCR is getting pounded and rightly so.... I was contemplating purchasing as price find some sort of support but more I read, I too am disappointed.

Having said the above, they can still be a good stock even if Kold fails as I think single serving coffee market is much larger where they are dominating.. but recent developments suggest they are screwing that up as well....

If it falls down to around 70s, I will probably buy it. Watchin...
The thing to focus on is how they proceed from here on out. Consumers are pissed about the Keurig 2.0 but I think they still have the consumer trust. They still have brand recognition. I don't think they are just going to ball behind another company all of a sudden. Then again, all of this is talk without any research to back it up.

iDumb bhai, BABA is up another 4% today. I know I shouldn't be too excited but I'm still happy xD I'm planning to hold on to this one for a while.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
iDumb bhai, BABA is up another 4% today. I know I shouldn't be too excited but I'm still happy xD I'm planning to hold on to this one for a while.
Up about 10% since i bought, you are up even more but my trade was a bit safer :p Not bad for two weeks but my problem remains, I didn't buy enough... my second disney purchase was a mistake i think, i don't like their price movements... no steam even on dow up days...

Regarding GMCR, you are right about brand recognition but I am not really worried about the competition... Though I am committing a crime putting Apple's name with them but it's similar, their product blows away anything that's in the market, so far with these type of products you don't really worry about competition. For example, just purely on reading, the Keurig KOLD's price is being compared to some sodastream machine and the cost associated with making soda with that... The comparison is not fair because KOLD is simply better. People will shell out money for good products. That's why I read finance articles to extract easy data, never opinion.

I came across keurig machine in 2011 during my residency where it was in the physician's lounge. And I still remember to this day, I had the thought, wow what a cool machine, must be expensive.. never looked it up however, was too busy. They don't really make money on the machine however most of their profits are from K-cups, Pods etc.. Keurig was in a good position because it's a great office machine and office will always order the K-cups....

Now coming to home .. people probably buy these as gifts and the home consumer don't want to spend money on k-cups and make their own coffee and that's where the problem lies with the company, trying to sell the k-cups to these home users. From a business POV restricting its use for only kcups wasnt such a bad idea but they had to do it from the very beginning. Yes social media is a big deal but I don't buy the excuse that company is faltering because people are upset about not being able to use their own coffee with the machine... My question is when you gonna allow ppl to use their own coffee, how do you make money??

WHich brings me to Keurig Kold. Though people will talk about pods costing more than a can of soda, soda stream competition (this shouodn't even be mentioned), price of the machine - I think it's a great office machine just like the Keurig for coffee was and offices will order the pods... It replaces the vending machine... Again it's also a great Christmas/Wedding gift.

I think it's still a decent company, management does not seem that great, but the real pain is to come up with the right price point. You have plenty of time... Keurig Kold not due till 2016... you can trade the company around the launch time and quarter earnings report after the launch...
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Up about 10% since i bought, you are up even more but my trade was a bit safer :p Not bad for two weeks but my problem remains, I didn't buy enough... my second disney purchase was a mistake i think, i don't like their price movements... no steam even on dow up days...
I think it's not worth looking at the price short term. Buy into a company you believe will grow. So regardless of what investors think about it right now, it will come back and be priced for what it's worth. Which begs the question, is Keurig even worth $90 per share right now?

I read in Warren Buffet's biography on how he bought a credit card company back in the 60s or 70s. I forget the details but Wallstreet gave up on this company because of some scandal but the consumer didn't care and continued using the card. And Buffet invested millions.

Quote:
I came across keurig machine in 2011 during my residency where it was in the physician's lounge.
I've seen you post here for about 5 years now. I thought you were a doctor but then some of the things you said had me second guessing. What are you specializing in? Pretty cool! I wish I had the mental capacity, strength, and patience to carry on with school. I got a degree in the health field even though I'm working in tech :L It would be an understatement to say my family is disappointed..

Quote:
you can trade the company around the launch time and quarter earnings report after the launch...
You can, but you might be buying into it at a higher point.

Not sure if I said this here but have you read any books on investing? I started to read One Up on Wallstreet by Peter Lynch and it's blowing my mind. I would highly recommend it.
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
Street Cricketer

What do you guys think of Shake Shack? Their current valuation is absurd! They have 63 locations and their market cap is 3 billion. That's 48 million per store! (I think that's even more than the valuation of a Wal-Mart location.)

They've been going up 7-8% over the past few days and they are up another 8% today. They could very well continue to grow the way Chipotle did and justify this price but I think the thing standing in the way is their price of their food. A meal at Shake Shack costs about $15 while at Chipotle you could walk out with a box of food $7. And it's more filling/healthier.

Shake Shack itself is a good brand. The restaurants I went to in NYC had a 'hip/cool' vibe and the food was great. Plus, I think people in other areas will be drawn to it because of the novelty of being something from NYC. Idk, I wanna buy it but I'm worried that there will be a market correction which will have me feeling pretty shitty. But I also see it going up even more in the long term just on gut feeling.
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Not sure if I said this here but have you read any books on investing? I started to read One Up on Wallstreet by Peter Lynch and it's blowing my mind. I would highly recommend it.
I read few here and there in high school, early college years to get a grasp of basic fundementals. None since then. Yes there are few classic investing books ppl always talk about and peter lynch is one of them..

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+brief+summary

Advices are sound but times have changed.... so some of those advises do not apply in my opinion....

Funny thing is you mentioned SHake Shack right after peter lynch, I think he would not approve of it...lol

Fundamentals are not the only thing I look at... I am a big believer of charts...

Quote:
What do you guys think of Shake Shack? Their current valuation is absurd! They have 63 locations and their market cap is 3 billion. That's 48 million per store! (I think that's even more than the valuation of a Wal-Mart location.)
I am not 100% sure if that is the right way of looking it. ARe you valuing a store as a whole or their sales? If you are putting values on store then you have to keep in mind that SHake Shack always chooses prime real estate location. THey are always in a big expensive area... So per store valuation in that millions isn't all that crazy...Dare I say it's a real estate company LOL.

Again don't worry about the menu price.... u will worry when shak is opening doors right next to chipotle as their expansino model...

I would trade this company by looking at how recent IPOs trade....

I dont know, I can't make the decision for you..... I thought of buying it during IPO but somehow got lost to follow...
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

shake shack seems like the tesla of burgers. great product, always innovating, investment worthy, who knows.

Edit: I dunno about you guys, but I don't see many attractive buy/hold opportunities in the US- nothing to add to current positions. not even short terms plays, no trend momentum in anything- makes options trading very difficult...

despite large caps making new highs..hmmm
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
shake shack seems like the tesla of burgers. great product, always innovating, investment worthy, who knows.

Edit: I dunno about you guys, but I don't see many attractive buy/hold opportunities in the US
I had shake shack.. it's overrated. NOt that good burgers or fries. But stores are very busy. The only thing i like about the restaurant is its setting/location. It's mixture of fine dining and fast food. I dont know how they gonna recreate that when they try to expand exponentially..

Personally, I wouldn't touch this stock now though, in fact i would be looking to sell at this point had i bought it during IPO. Then again I been known to sell very prematurely... aapl, nflx. fas all >10 baggers since i owned but was trigger happy... But I can't justify this much exuberance over a non-tech company....

Had i not done anything to any stocks that I ever purchased I would be in a very good/envious position now... true.

G-man, there are always opportunities, side way market are the best because it's predictable...
Old Today, 12:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I had shake shack.. it's overrated. NOt that good burgers or fries. But stores are very busy. The only thing i like about the restaurant is its setting/location. It's mixture of fine dining and fast food. I dont know how they gonna recreate that when they try to expand exponentially..

Personally, I wouldn't touch this stock now though, in fact i would be looking to sell at this point had i bought it during IPO. Then again I been known to sell very prematurely... aapl, nflx. fas all >10 baggers since i owned but was trigger happy... But I can't justify this much exuberance over a non-tech company....

Had i not done anything to any stocks that I ever purchased I would be in a very good/envious position now... true.

G-man, there are always opportunities, side way market are the best because it's predictable...

there's definitely opportunities...but the asymmetric type pay-off just isn't there.
Old Today, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

According to cramer, SHAK price is due to short squeeze, too many ppl shorted thinking it was a sure bet and now not enough stocks left to cover... he says it goes higher...

If short squeeze is the sole basis for meteorite rise of the price, more reason to stay the hell out ...

Let's actually use all that investment reading ie peter lynch to use....