facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 1, 2016, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Hi i have never actually done it but researched about it loong time ago. If you want to do this from USA you have to go through Bangladesh embassy to open a foreign bank account and buy it from there. YOu can call them and find out the process.. Another way of doing this would be on your next visit to bangladesh, go directly to the bank and open FCY account and buy bond from there. I would not worry about the hacking but I would personally not put significant amount of money just because of the sheer bureucracy, money being tied down, and I think i can do much better here in USA.

When I said Safe investment i was talkin about "low risk" investments not "safe" in the sense that ur money is safe from theft lol. I don't think young ppl should buy bonds.

I don't know how you gonna achieve a million bucks in 10 years - one thing for sure you can not save your way even with compounding to that level.... you need income and you have to create that via successful business. Simple as that.

Unless you work in very high paying fields... Programming with top companies or upcoming companies where u get stock options, hedge fund manager, top notch surgeon/physician..

You can also maybe achieve that if you marry another high paying person..ie two physician couple with similar saving mentality would be able to do that....

apart from the above scenarios.... Real Business/properties are the only way.... It is impossible for you to compound save your way to that level with average income in 10 years... very possible in 20 yrs however. Most successful ppl I know have multiple businesses and multiple sources of income..

If you want a simple life and great retirement 35 years from now, you are in great shape already the fact that u are ready to jump in. But if you have a different mindset like being a baller at young age - forget about these stupid bonds.

Ofcourse all this assuming you are like me.. rising up from a broke *** family on minimum wage.. but if you have inheritence.. don't worry about anything..waste ur daddy's money and sure buy some bonds with those...
Old July 1, 2016, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

btw the market recovered well after brexit... i am stunned! i did not expect such a quick recovery - I have a significant UK exposure with National Grid - was about to dump everything .. thanks for work lol
Old July 1, 2016, 10:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Hi i have never actually done it but researched about it loong time ago. If you want to do this from USA you have to go through Bangladesh embassy to open a foreign bank account and buy it from there. YOu can call them and find out the process.. Another way of doing this would be on your next visit to bangladesh, go directly to the bank and open FCY account and buy bond from there. I would not worry about the hacking but I would personally not put significant amount of money just because of the sheer bureucracy, money being tied down, and I think i can do much better here in USA.
Thanks for the info

Quote:
When I said Safe investment i was talkin about "low risk" investments not "safe" in the sense that ur money is safe from theft lol. I don't think young ppl should buy bonds.
I know. That's why I said that's not what I meant when I said safe. I wasn't talking about my portfolio but about how secure the bank is.

To me, diversification is very important, so I'll invest some % in bonds that are generating 6.5%. Not US bonds which are offering very little. I'll invest a bigger chunk in stocks and property.

Quote:
apart from the above scenarios.... Real Business/properties are the only way.... It is impossible for you to compound save your way to that level with average income in 10 years... very possible in 20 yrs however. Most successful ppl I know have multiple businesses and multiple sources of income..
Yeah, I'm planning on building multiple income streams. Did some research on passive income and have a couple of ideas. In terms of having a startup business, I'm interested in building one on the side but have no idea yet as to what it will be.

Quote:
btw the market recovered well after brexit... i am stunned! i did not expect such a quick recovery - I have a significant UK exposure with National Grid - was about to dump everything .. thanks for work lol
It was going to recover at some point anyway, at least some. I wish I was already investing. Could've made big bucks on Forex. You knew pound will go down and dollar will go up.
Old August 25, 2016, 01:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
where is G-man, he had the chance to become rich last night. I don't understand this londoni ppl... why are there weird votes like this....?
hello friends..idumb..

it's been a while. is this about the brexit?!? i looked at the gbpusd puts that day..but alas, it was so expensive, even so far far out of the money strikes, would have broken all my risk limits. but also would have been ginormously rich!!! but here i am..same old..pissing away theta on my options...

sigh..
Old September 23, 2016, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
\

And the biggest question of all: with just market cap of 12 billion, can Twitter be BOUGHT by someone? Facebook paid 19 billion (much higher) for whatsapp... So obviously the visionaries see social trend going elsewhere not in tweets --- But it's possible.... Maybe microsoft will buy another failing company
Quote:
but you made me look at the chart... I think you can buy it... there is actually a bottom base that formed around 15 dollars.. so the recent spike is off of that and second resistence was at 17..which is crossed on average volume.. next hurdle at 19.. so short term it can easily go to 19 which is about 8% return. You can take the risk that risk..

Either you can wait for it to go to 15 and buy if you think over all market will go down.. then that's a better move but if overall market if you think will go up next month you can purchase it and sell it above 19..

btw it has also crossed the 50 day moving avg which is a good sign.
So since post in april Twtr has been trading between 14 change bottomg and 20 oscillating.....Today finally broke out on BUY OUT rumor.

Crazy how both charting and speculation both fits and play out :p