facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 27, 2016, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jason Day

I'm not a financial person..but some common sense will tell me not to 'invest' 75% of my salary into a stock whose fate I am not certain about...
Old April 27, 2016, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Well, than the chance of one becoming rich is less, as your diversifying your risk, you are also making comprise to gain less more than you would expect, if that single stock takes off, your in business, if it doesn't of well, that's game over.
The purpose of financial markets isn't to make people rich and that too by chancing luck. That's what the lottery is for.
Old April 27, 2016, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I'm not a financial person..but some common sense will tell me not to 'invest' 75% of my salary into a stock whose fate I am not certain about...
You can minimise your risk by diversifying your portfolio. But than with whatever little you invest, you would earn/gain much less. However, if you take a greater risk and invest in a company that is stable but has potential for gain/ loss, if it hits.. You become the winner.
Old April 27, 2016, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
You can minimise your risk by diversifying your portfolio. But than with whatever little you invest, you would earn/gain much less. However, if you take a greater risk and invest in a company that is stable but has potential for gain/ loss, if it hits.. You become the winner.
English please...
Old April 27, 2016, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
The purpose of financial markets isn't to make people rich by chancing luck. That's what the lottery is for.
I don't plan to be a full time trader. If a full time trader or someone who has enough money and made his investments expecting good returns every year from dividends, than that is a different issue. You would need to have good amounts of money invested if your expecting a good return from dividends.. I don't actually know why someone becomes a trader? If anyone could explain or tell me their motivation, it would be really helpful.
Old April 27, 2016, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
English please...
I tried the West Indies way of writing, but clearly failed
Old April 27, 2016, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I know what shamim is talking about. No risk no gain. Either you make it or you don't. But unfortunately so far what I have seen, his risk tolerance is very minimal or zero. He is still writing that he wants to give twitter more time... Bro you can't have better entry point than today when all negativity is priced in... technically also at resistence at 15 that we already talked about before.... But the problem is your analysis is very suspect... your vision for the company is very questionable at best.

Also there is nothing wrong with investing 75% of your salary.. you are not doing it in one year. Infact you should have money in the market equivalent and then some multiple of your salary as years go by....

But given shamim zero risk tolerance I think he should invest somewhere else not the market... rentals, tiny business where the loss isnt as dramatic or quick. I mean being a sylheti, you should have some uncle with successful business - shadow them.
Old April 27, 2016, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I don't plan to be a full time trader. If a full time trader or someone who has enough money and made his investments expecting good returns every year from dividends, than that is a different issue. You would need to have good amounts of money invested if your expecting a good return from dividends.. I don't actually know why someone becomes a trader? If anyone could explain or tell me their motivation, it would be really helpful.
Markets aren't perfectly efficient in practice, in that stock prices aren't always at their fair value so there is money to be made through analysis and market timing. If you can beat the market by a few percentage points and you are working with big money, either yours or someone else's, that can translate to very attractive income. Although a lot of studies argue beating the market is more luck than skill.

Even if you don't plan on being a full-time trader investing a portion of your income is recommended. Just don't expect it to make you a multimillionaire. If your risk appetite is low you can look at purchasing exchange traded funds linked to the FTSE 100 for example.
Old April 27, 2016, 02:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I agree with Equinox. Don't expect to become rich through stock market. If you only have some dispensable income and want your money to grow for a long term plan, then stock market is a good choice. Other than that it is an extremely risky platform esp. for the people who have no understanding of the market.
Old April 27, 2016, 02:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
English please...
high risk = high reward

and vice versa
Old April 27, 2016, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
For me, I have always said it before in this thread and in another... the only social paltform i endorse and invest in would be Facebook. nothing else... no twitter, linkedin all those crap... I don't understand twitter and not a user--- so i don't go for it.

And I continue to be right.. FB up 7% AH whie earnings happening. These are simple common sense investing... and ppl waste so much time. FB controls the world with a billion active monthly user and have average of an hour of user engagement... Twitter doesn't have even 300 m active users and user engagement is like a minute...

and ppl got the audacity to put these two together... tsk tsk. Oh also FB run by Zuckerberg not some dorsey morsey porsey idiot.
Old April 27, 2016, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
high risk = high reward

and vice versa
Got it...