facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old October 30, 2014, 08:42 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
anyways i bought some nke, mastercard for my 1 year old investor ...
VIsa beats street estimates due to increased card swipes which in turn dragged up Mastercard as well..... 1 year old made more money than me last week .. ~ 10% gain in a week why not... NOt a bad start
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old October 31, 2014, 05:51 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
haha LAKE crashed today. these are momentum stocks, it doesn't go up and down based on earnings or cash balances. just pure speculation..
LAKE acuteally surged 25% yesterday and up premarket as well. It reported orders of 1 million.. It makes sense, the ebola fear it self would cause increase in demand as all the hospitals would need to be equipped with the gear just in case.... You don't necessarily need to have a widespread of the disease, which I don't think will happen. SO regardless they make money..

I didn't do enough research or thinking and misread... just did a late night look up.


I call any stock with <100 million market cap a penny stock as they tend to unreasonably fluctuate on thin news...

Would I personally buy the stock.. NO.. is there significant money to be made for the bold and reasonable ... YES...

I will still be following it time to time....

Overall the premarket suggest today will be an up day.. Market will reach all time high..... my plan was to sell at this point but fed fear has been neutralized, so I am not so sure.... I have in the past made costly mistakes when I am home doing nothing and was trigger happy trying to time everything....still having hard time being disiplined...

Regretting not putting more money during that mini panic crash, somewhat foresaw the sell off coming, rebound was too quick to go all in, was planning to get in incremently. I think I am not aggressive enough, sometimes too conservative... will go no where in life with that. No risk no reward...

__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old October 31, 2014, 07:03 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
anyone long the USD?
hey G man making money? USD on fire

teach us... engage us......
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old October 31, 2014, 10:00 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
LAKE acuteally surged 25% yesterday and up premarket as well. It reported orders of 1 million.. It makes sense, the ebola fear it self would cause increase in demand as all the hospitals would need to be equipped with the gear just in case.... You don't necessarily need to have a widespread of the disease, which I don't think will happen. SO regardless they make money..

I didn't do enough research or thinking and misread... just did a late night look up.


I call any stock with <100 million market cap a penny stock as they tend to unreasonably fluctuate on thin news...

Would I personally buy the stock.. NO.. is there significant money to be made for the bold and reasonable ... YES...

I will still be following it time to time....

Overall the premarket suggest today will be an up day.. Market will reach all time high..... my plan was to sell at this point but fed fear has been neutralized, so I am not so sure.... I have in the past made costly mistakes when I am home doing nothing and was trigger happy trying to time everything....still having hard time being disiplined...

Regretting not putting more money during that mini panic crash, somewhat foresaw the sell off coming, rebound was too quick to go all in, was planning to get in incremently. I think I am not aggressive enough, sometimes too conservative... will go no where in life with that. No risk no reward...
agh orphy what a miss this was. A lot of stocks became so cheap during that time and now only 2 weeks later they all gained at least 5-6% and some even more. But I don't know how long this rally will last. I became green in most of my holdings but don't want to sell yet coz it keeps going up everyday.

But I will set aside some money now for the next dip. It has been a wild market.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old October 31, 2014, 10:38 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

It is only a miss beacause i wasnt aggressive enough. Even if i am 100% convinced about something, I would never go all in, thats my inherent personality problem

I didnt think market would recover in a V like that, hence gone in slowly, would have brought more slowly and it actually surprised me market went up with tapeing of QE which only means market don't give F about QE, it's all stellar earning driving market up.... that was the only hindrance/doubt...

Next driving down market fear will still be interest rates, otherwise it's all clear, no reason for stocks to not keep going higher with majority of company's beating earnings...

I will buy on pull backs.... and again I will not go all in cuz I just can't get my self to do it.... it's a mental block.

but hey something is better than nothing....
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old November 5, 2014, 11:37 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Since I have all the time in the world now with my unemployment, i will occsasionally post my trigger happy trades when I am idle. For a kid friendly portfolio.

I got lucky with Mastercard. There are some chart activity going on today, pattern suggestive of a break out, I think this is the reason why it is higher today than index, if it sustains, great, if not then I will sell and later try to buy it again in pull back.. yeah i know i know trying to time things.... 17% unrealized gain so far in a very short time ...need to lock that.

Nike : was a dumb purchase, laggin market, up at 4% so far since my purchase, I don't need to free up cash so i will leave it there...

Contemplating buying disney prior to earning, I know it will be positive, only thing is will it be positive enough to justify the valuation, personally i think it will. Lot of good things going on with this cool company. Resistence at 85 and 80..so downside potential of atleast 5% (80) if market dont like what they hear...to 11% (unlikely at 80). Down today due to profit taking prior to earnings from recent run up.
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old November 5, 2014, 04:13 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Since I have all the time in the world now with my unemployment, i will occsasionally post my trigger happy trades when I am idle. For a kid friendly portfolio.

I got lucky with Mastercard. There are some chart activity going on today, pattern suggestive of a break out, I think this is the reason why it is higher today than index, if it sustains, great, if not then I will sell and later try to buy it again in pull back.. yeah i know i know trying to time things.... 17% unrealized gain so far in a very short time ...need to lock that.

Nike : was a dumb purchase, laggin market, up at 4% so far since my purchase, I don't need to free up cash so i will leave it there...

Contemplating buying disney prior to earning, I know it will be positive, only thing is will it be positive enough to justify the valuation, personally i think it will. Lot of good things going on with this cool company. Resistence at 85 and 80..so downside potential of atleast 5% (80) if market dont like what they hear...to 11% (unlikely at 80). Down today due to profit taking prior to earnings from recent run up.
got milk? er price ekhon kombe. (not chiruni) karon milk khawa ekhon nished. yeah it's dangerous now. so...
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old November 6, 2014, 01:50 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Ok bought disney at 2 dollars higher than the entry point i could have had yesterday contemplating too much.. My motto now is... F it, and Do it, don't think it..... Earning call end of market close today.

rash decision like this usually results in pain but it's disney for God sake, what's the worse that's gonna happen 10% loss? will see... Will likely average down my cost of purchase with more should it go down....

only fear is expectation is too high and element of surprise is not there so upward swing will be minimal if any.... it's actually upon disney to beat the already significantly higher earning estimate set for them from a year prior.

But hey this is how i see it if i am gonna go see every marvel movies and all disney affiliated movie and then spend thousands of dollars visiting their park i wanna piece of that..for years to come.
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old November 6, 2014, 04:53 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

disappointed didnt go the way i wanted.... ah well....

also should have bought baba as a momentum play, was thinking of that too... 1 week return of 11% already. . i reckhon baba might go up to 120. but ami kinlei its gonna reverse...

such is life..
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old November 18, 2014, 02:52 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
also should have bought baba as a momentum play, was thinking of that too... 1 week return of 11% already. . i reckhon baba might go up to 120. but ami kinlei its gonna reverse...

such is life..
Baba reversed after going guess what to exactly 120. Look at the 52 week high. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BABA

the one that i don't play is the one that works out the way i think...(and apparently everyone else).

anyways US market doing well,rest of the world doing poorly...... USD is stronger than ever... oil prices are cheaper than ever ... US is rich again..

I sitll have some money on the sideline, can't find a single stock that I like at these prices...

Stocks research now feels a lot like looking to purchase a house near my area... they are all over valued POS..

Recently bough Michael Kors (kors) .. I see everyone carrying MLK bag, only problem is CEO recently said sales down due to low foot traffic in Malls (excuses), stock was punished a bit... Betting on it to stay relevant in fashion....

Women fashion is a very profitable place to be if the trend can be caught early. For example coach bags (COH), was a great stock, now it is garbage as the brand is falling out of fashion. I think same maybe happening to Michael kors but what else are women buying?? L Brand (victoria secret) is stil relevant and will be but they are all time high....
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old November 18, 2014, 02:56 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

I wanna know what women are buying, what's cool and what company makes them.....Help me out all the player of BC.
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Recently bough Michael Kors (kors) .. I see everyone carrying MLK bag, only problem is CEO recently said sales down due to low foot traffic in Malls (excuses), stock was punished a bit... Betting on it to stay relevant in fashion....

Women fashion is a very profitable place to be if the trend can be caught early. For example coach bags (COH), was a great stock, now it is garbage as the brand is falling out of fashion. I think same maybe happening to Michael kors but what else are women buying?? L Brand (victoria secret) is stil relevant and will be but they are all time high....
I live in an island that is fully detached from the modern world you live in. Suckiest place to live in as retail investors here!

Anyway interesting point re: Michael Kors. Lately been seeing Michael Kors and Raymond Weil to rebound as high street brands. (Raymond Weil has always been there, but their brand value is rebounding compared to before). If Michael Kors is down today because of the market punishing it, maybe get in on the stock and stick with it for a bit still. Christmas season is just starting out, and in the next one year revenues from China and Asia will dictate how the brand is performing. Wait till they declare quarterly profits after January.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I live in an island that is fully detached from the modern world you live in. Suckiest place to live in as retail investors here!
.
Dude you are always moving, where do you live now? Australia right? UGG boots? There are other sector than retail, airlines doing well.

Thank you for your reply. Retail sector that relies on Mall traffic aren't really doing that well actually. The mother of all retail Macys recently cut its future outlook. Urban outfitters just crashed yesterday due to poor sales.

There are few companies still doing well despite this phenomenon, shift of generation that do not go to the malls to hangout anymore instead they are on facebook, twitter and instagram.

The company that can stay relevant in this change of generation psyche/behavior will only do well. There are only two ways of doing that

1) Make people come to your store with user experience ..
2) Dominate Online (figure out a way to be cool in the online space).

Every single stock on earth is at their 52 week high, the ones that are lagging are these type of stocks with some problems. So my thinking was similar to yours, KORS is my retail play during this shopping season but over long term, I am not too bullish on them.

Given what I wrote above, the retailer that dominates online is amazon. I almost pulled the trigger on Amazon as my retail play, when it was down after quarterly report at 290. I am 1000 percent bullish on amazon as a retailer. What I don't like about them is that the think they are a technology company. I am 90% bearesh on them as a technology company. Their only success so far was I think kindle, and then apple came and kicked their ***. Their cloud service made sense, but microsoft I think is kicking their butt in that sector. Fire phone has been a failure. Now they came up with ECHO, which i am certain will be a failure too. I was waiting for it to come down a little more but stock like always have started to recover and now is up close to 15% since that level. So in hindsight i should have pulled the triggr. But it will shed off again after next earnings call

anyways don't get me excited, I might start writing essays like vladmamu...

and where is ajfar, he vanished after mentioning the greatest stock of 2013 in this thread....Quit while u are ahead...?
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old Today, 09:49 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,712

I should have documented this yesterday but I made a trade yesterday. Didn't cuz not too much interest here.

Yesterday morning when target, lowes and staple reported, they all beat and each stock went up on average 5 to 10%.

So I looked up all the earnings report for companies yesterday and today... And looked for companies that I can recognize.

I recognized quiet a few but I decided to gamble on best buy (somewhat beat up) , good company, bad timing for brick on mortar...gambled on holiday projection.


Bought shares at 35.1 yesterday. Saw the price this morning, logged in and sold at 38 dollars with a nice 8% gain.

It's still rising however... went past 38 now... ah well...

boyaaahhhh....
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket