facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Default Dark Knight Rises

First 'Dark Knight Rises' Photo Shows Bane Isn't Messin' Around

by: Tim Grierson

Bring out the gimp. Warner Bros./JoBlo

To make a modern superhero blockbuster, it's not just enough that the movie is good: The campaign to get people excited has to be executed just as perfectly. Why anyone would need to get more excited about "The Dark Knight Rises" (which just started shooting) is beyond The Projector, but we do love the first salvo from the Warner Bros.' publicity people that happened today.

This morning, the movie's official site was revealed (via JoBlo) ... if you call an all-black homepage with some weird chanting an official site. But then some crafty online sleuths discovered a coded message within the chanting, which suggested a Twitter hashtag, #TheFireRises. Tweeting that caused an image to show itself on the site, and thanks to more enterprising web folks, we now know it's a photo of Tom Hardy decked out as Bane, the sequel's principal villain.

Anyone who's seen Hardy in the disturbing "Bronson" knows that he's got a gift for scaring the hell out of you just with a look, and that's what this image does. In the comic books, Bane was equal parts brawn and brain -- sort of like Hannibal Lecter with the physique of a bodybuilder. And he's also the man who famously turned Batman into a quadriplegic by breaking his back in a '90s issue. It's doubtful that will happen in "The Dark Knight Rises," but looking at this photo, you wouldn't put it past the dude.

But beyond just the reveal of Bane, this is some world-class viral marketing that might even top how the studio unveiled the Joker for the last film. What we particularly like about the Bane reveal is how it's straight out of a high-tech thriller: The hero discovers a weird sound file, realizes it has a hidden message, and then cracks the code and saves the day. Fans wouldn't have gone to all that trouble if they weren't excited about "The Dark Knight Rises." But, seriously, who isn't excited about "The Dark Knight Rises"?

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/13...-messin-around
Old May 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Old May 22, 2011, 06:00 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am big fan; both Begins and Dark Knight were awesome! It will be hard to live up to the hype. Lets see if they can top Dark Knight.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old May 22, 2011, 06:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
I am big fan; both Begins and Dark Knight were awesome! It will be hard to live up to the hype. Lets see if they can top Dark Knight.
It certainly IS being hyped. Would love to see it live up to it. Apparently they are shooting in India too.

Quote:
Earlier this week we learned that The Dark Knight Rises would be filming in India. Today, The India Times has many more details to add. According to their report, Christopher Nolan and his main crew will arrive in India on May 1st. Christian Bale is expected to arrive on the 4th or 5th, and filming will take place for two days on May 6th and 7th. They will be shooting at Jodhpur’s Mehrangarh Fort, which is pictured above. No other actors were mentioned… perhaps only Christian Bale is needed for the two days in India?
http://batman-news.com/2011/04/28/th...rt-on-may-6th/
Old May 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Apparently Nolan is also heading the Superman reboot. Both are expected to release next year along with the Spiderman reboot.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:20 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Default Character of Bane

Quote:
Fictional character biography

Bane was born in the fictional Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca, in a prison called Peña Dura ("Hard Rock"). His father Edmund Dorrance had been a revolutionary and had escaped Santa Prisca's court system. The corrupt government however decreed that his young son would serve out the man's life sentence, and thus Bane's childhood and early adult life are spent in the amoral penitentiary environment.[3][4] Though imprisoned, his natural abilities allow him to develop extraordinary skills within the prison's walls. He reads as many books as he can get his hands on, builds up his body in the prison's gym, and learns to fight in the merciless school of prison life. Despite his circumstances, he finds teachers of various sorts during his incarceration, ranging from hardened convicts to an elderly Jesuit priest, under whose tutelage he apparently receives a classical education. Bane murders this priest upon his return to Santa Prisca years later. However, he commits his first murder at the age of eight, stabbing a criminal who wanted to use him to gain information about the prison.[4] During his years in prison, Bane carries a teddy bear he calls Osito (Spanish for "little bear"), whom he considers his only friend.[5] It is revealed that Osito has a hole in his back to hold a knife that Bane uses against anyone who bullies him.[3][4]
Quote:
Powers and abilities

Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[7] In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones. Among these are Spanish, English, Urdu, Persian, and Latin.[7] The Bane of the Demon storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.[7]

Although extremely dangerous at all times, Bane is perfectly sane and in control of his mind and actions—a trait that separates him from many of Batman's enemies. While he generally acts as a villain, Bane has worked alongside Batman at times and developed a great respect for the Dark Knight. He is also one of the few villains of Batman to have learned his true identity. He is also resistant to telepathy as he can think of something so quickly and so intensely that even the Martian Manhunter cannot read what is in his mind.[citation needed]

He is also highly devious and a superb strategist and tactician.[4] In prison, Bane also invented his own form of calisthenics, meditation, and a unique fighting style.[7] Usage of Venom enhances his physical abilities, including his strength, and healing process to superhuman levels.[5][32][33] Although Bane had sworn off using Venom in Vengeance of Bane II in 1995, and his character is actually written as having kept that promise to himself, it is still not uncommon for artists to draw Bane as still wearing the tube leading from his old wrist device to the back of his head. This is likely due to the illustrators only being familiar with that early version of Bane's visual appearance. Writer Gail Simone explained these lapses in the continuity of Bane's appearance in an issue of Secret Six, in which Deadshot remarked that Bane merely kept his old Venom equipment with him out of habit, even though he states that he would sooner die before using any of it again
More in Wikipedia
Old May 22, 2011, 09:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Really looking forward to this. Didn't like any of the Batman movies before 'Begins' came out.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 3, 2011, 11:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Campaigning strong...

Three The Dark Knight Rises Viral Videos Point To An Arkham Asylum Breakout

The Dark Knight remains the gold standard for online viral marketing for a movie, a series of hints and games dropped over the course of months that had seemingly the entire Internet at a fever pitch by the time the movie opened in summer of 2008. And even though the third Christopher Nolan Batman film The Dark Knight Rises has only begun production, the very sly viral campaign has already begun. We got our first look at Tom Hardy as Bane only after some devoted Bat-fans decoded some hints at the film's official site. Now the same YouTube user, The Fire Rises, who uploaded the Bane photo has put three videos online that seem to indicate there's trouble at Gotham's famed Arkham Asylum. Check out the three below.

And a fan video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l692LjkGIY

More

Last edited by Zeeshan; June 3, 2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old June 3, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

The shooting begins in Pittsburgh downtown area next week..
Old June 26, 2011, 11:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i heard befor Cristian bale wont do the movie ...... he will be replaced .... but looks like he is going to continue

after watching bale in Begins and dark night cant think of anybody else in futere
Old July 8, 2011, 04:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Apparently according to facebook fan pages they will show the teaser with Deathly Hallows movie. =)
Old March 15, 2012, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I LOVE Tom Hardy! Waiting impatiently to watch him as "bane".....
Old March 15, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What so special about this movie that it has its own thread? I won't watch it (may be not right away) in honor of Heath.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Then don't dilu
Old March 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

That was a waste of a post. And so is this. And so will be your reply. So DONT.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Old March 15, 2012, 09:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Bronson and now Bane (I think he was in Inception too) - way to start typecasting yourself Tom Hardy. Have to say I enjoyed Bronson though - he was a chilling character. Bane's character profile reads like the wikipedia profile of Sir Mohammad Ashraful PhD (and there, we have the obligatory Ash reference)
Old March 15, 2012, 09:30 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

This one and Prometheus are the two movies i am really looking forward to.
Old March 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Dark Knight is over-rated... last X-Men was the best movie based on a comic ever..
Old March 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Dark Knight is over-rated... last X-Men was the best movie based on a comic ever..
Totally disagree. Dark Knight was the best comic adaptation to date. Nothing beats Heath Ledger's acting, macabre overtone, and the background music. Consider the following dialgoues --

#Alfred – “Some men aren’t looking for anything logical like money. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

#Harvey ‘Two Face’ Dent – “Have you ever had to talk to the person you love most? To tell them it’s going to be alright, when you know that it’s not?”

#The Joker – “Madness is like gravity, all it needs is a little… push.”

#Harvey ‘Two Face’ Dent – “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

#Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say… Ah, come here.

When I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I’m telling the truth. It’s the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know… You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!
Old March 15, 2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
None of Nolan's movies are over-rated.
Old March 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Quote:
LOLOLOL

Good one man. Dark knight > X-Men FC. FC was good but the Dark Knight is on another level.

Holding out on going to movies now. Gonna go bankrupt once Dark Knight, Avengers, Hobbit, Titans, Ghost rider are all out.

Good year for entertaining flicks.
Old March 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
None of Nolan's movies are over-rated.
True but this cant be his best work to date either...

Anyways I guess its all about personal preference... Based on the story and direction I found X-Men first class better than Dark Knight...
Old March 21, 2012, 11:55 AM

^^i loved both x-men and dark knight. My favorite Nolan movie is undoubtedly Inception.
Old May 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team