facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 6, 2011, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default Gayle named WIPA's Cricketer of The Year

Chris Gayle was voted 'Cricketer of the Year' at the annual Players Association awards, and also took home another honour.

Gayle was named the 2010 West Indies Players Association (WIPA)'s Cricketer of the Year at Sunday night's eighth annual awards at Queen's Hall, St Ann's.

Gayle, who top-scored in the IPL last month with a staggering 608 runs in 12 innings, edged out Shivnarine Chanderpaul, current West Indies captain Darren Sammy and energetic all-rounder Dwayne Bravo for the top award.

Gayle thanked god and his young opening partner in Tests, Adrian Barath.

"I feed off of him a lot and it is a big inspiration for me to see a youngster dominate the bowling at the other end. It inspires me to do well," he said.

Gayle also won the WIPA 'Test Match Player of the Year' award, beating Chanderpaul, Sulieman Benn and Kemar Roach.

All-rounder Kieron Pollard was bestowed the 'One-Day International Player of the Year' trophy. Pollard overcame competition from Gayle, Narsingh Deonarine and Dwayne Bravo in the category.

SOURCE