facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 5, 2011, 10:34 PM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789
Default ICC should ban pakistan cricket

I cant help but think what an annoyance they are to world cricket. Sorry this is not hatred, these are the facts.....shoaib, waqar being accused of ball tampering......match fixing bein always associated with these pak cricketers......afridi, who is a role model to all pakis, biting the ball, damagin the pitch..and yet people consider such cheaters loosers....no wonder they keep on prdocing cricketers who sell their motherland...cause they glamorize these things......equivalent to selling their mothers sisters, yet people cry for them,.....salman butt...even after being educated, doing spot fixing..showing these pak cricketers even after receving slight bit of education, have no knowlefgde...and mods, before u think, before u wanna take any action.....just think of those sri lankan cricketers.......and imagine u were sri lnaka...god forbid, if they were killed.....and once pak doing what they are best at...assuring security, but not providing any....mann..if this was bangladesh cricket team, and if a single bullet shot went above our player head, i would call for international ban.......and even then, sri lankans acted very calmly and politely...what abt absolute disgraceful statement s of afrifi "muslims and pakis have bigger hearts"....i hope people do realize....and the earlier they are got rid of, they better it is........
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #2  
Old June 6, 2011, 04:14 AM
riankhan's Avatar
riankhan riankhan is offline
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012
 
Join Date: January 9, 2008
Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool
Posts: 2,037

So, for a moronic cricket administration, and a few culprit and stupid cricketers, you want to punish a whole cricket loving nation? What about those millions of cricket crazy people?
  #3  
Old June 6, 2011, 09:07 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

Yeah, a cricket crazy nation which still wants the country seller Amir to be a part of team, a cricket crazy nation that refuses to give credit when its due, and believing that evry other match pak looses, its because of match fixing....a cricket crazy nation that idolises afridi's ball biting, pitch damaging, learning trades of reverse swinging by ball tampering, yeah, you are actually, right, no wonder they keep on prdocung cricketers of such calibre, crazy both on and off the field, and cricket doesnt need such followers.....lol...only pak think so.....and others just telling for formality.....cricket crazy yeah...hahah, only 12 people turning out for a test match of pak v india in 2004...u call them cricket crazy....even zimbabwe have more test crowds than that......and take it easy...let it get sorted all first, and am all for pakistan cricket........if i had ur logic, then there wasnt any right for sa to be banned...even they loved sports? so why such double standards....this is a major issue, hope icc resolves this soon
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #4  
Old June 6, 2011, 09:20 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

you can't really ban a country for fans supporting aamer. what ICC can do however and which is something a FIFA would most certainly have done it by now, is to ask PCB to clean up its own house or threaten them with a ban. ICC does have the power of not recognising PCB until it starts functioning to its satisfaction.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
  #5  
Old June 6, 2011, 09:55 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
you can't really ban a country for fans supporting aamer. what ICC can do however and which is something a FIFA would most certainly have done it by now, is to ask PCB to clean up its own house or threaten them with a ban. ICC does have the power of not recognising PCB until it starts functioning to its satisfaction.
Good point Neel Here......but lol, i wasnt calling for a ban based on fans supporting aamer, and u will find ample reasons why they should, hell, i really think pak would have been banned if say it was india touring, and if bullets flew over sachin.....bcci would have ensured that....pak is really lucky that it was sl touring them....but by the looks of it, pak is already on a lifeline..not gonna last long...good that some of the ignorant people in our country too wont have pak to support, should have been sent to pak themselves those paks disguising as bangladeshis in our country
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #6  
Old June 6, 2011, 10:48 AM
riankhan's Avatar
riankhan riankhan is offline
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012
 
Join Date: January 9, 2008
Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool
Posts: 2,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Yeah, a cricket crazy nation which still wants the country seller Amir to be a part of team, a cricket crazy nation that refuses to give credit when its due, and believing that evry other match pak looses, its because of match fixing....a cricket crazy nation that idolises afridi's ball biting, pitch damaging, learning trades of reverse swinging by ball tampering, yeah, you are actually, right, no wonder they keep on prdocung cricketers of such calibre, crazy both on and off the field, and cricket doesnt need such followers.....lol...only pak think so.....and others just telling for formality.....cricket crazy yeah...hahah, only 12 people turning out for a test match of pak v india in 2004...u call them cricket crazy....even zimbabwe have more test crowds than that......and take it easy...let it get sorted all first, and am all for pakistan cricket........if i had ur logic, then there wasnt any right for sa to be banned...even they loved sports? so why such double standards....this is a major issue, hope icc resolves this soon
No offense, but it sounded like when: "Bangladeshis" threw stones to WI bus.

"Some Pakistanis" would have sounded much authenticated instead of the term "whole nation". I haven't found my fellow Pakistani students as emotionally driven as you described. There are different people with different perceptions bro.

Last edited by riankhan; June 6, 2011 at 01:01 PM..
  #7  
Old June 6, 2011, 12:51 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim
Posts: 3,780

I have some Pakistani friends. I also worked with Pakistani, Indians and people from some other countries. Among them I feel Pakstani people more friendly and better behavioure. As a Bangladeshi I had a bad conception about Pakstanis. But when I meet with them I have to change my notion. It is normal in a country not all people are good. For some culprit you shouldn't want punishment for whole nation.
  #8  
Old June 6, 2011, 01:06 PM
Avik's Avatar
Avik Avik is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ, USA
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 743

first of all, let me say, banning wont solve anything. but ICC giving pakistan a deadline to get their house in order will be a fine step.

with that out of the way, i want to say that there are many things severely wrong with pakistan cricket. the administration though is the biggest problem for now. couple years back, no punishments or laws would stick to their cricketers, and every punishment given was being uplifted. now they are finding new ways to drive out successful cricketers and leaders out of the team.

another big problem is the player attitude. players like Butt or Amir think that it is okay to take money for spot fixing, as it does not affect the result of the match. as far as they are concerned, it is halal money. nothing could be far from wrong. it is a wrongful act, and until the day pakistani cricketers are taught about that, things will not improve. youngsters like amir will fall easy prey to easy money through spot fixing. I saw that Australia is going to propose capital punishment for spot fixing. Pakistan should get sth like that. then things might improve.

as for fans supporting, fans always support players through hard times. we supported shakib and company after their horrific 58 and 78 all out. it might not be in the same scale and weight magnitude, but supporting is supporting through all times. so wont blame them.

finally, ICC is very weak still, and they need to be strong. Remember when BFF (Bangladesh Football Federation) changed their elected committee out of no where, and FIFA banned BFF? then they followed FIFA regulations, and got back on track. if only ICC was that strong!
__________________
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
  #9  
Old June 6, 2011, 01:26 PM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

dont want to bring in history here, there was a reason for 71' taking place, but sports and political history shouldnt be mixed, fine......its not abt emotional, its abt thought process...even osman samiuddin wrote abt how paks have to think of conspiracy in evry other thing, which is dragging them backwards, and this is like a virus......it spreads......and once again, i reitierate.....there r good people too.....but then again, what abt sa during apartheid era, there were good people in south africa too, they werent emotionally driven, so why they were banned, yes there was a reason, same here, there is a reason for the need of pak to be banned.....ICC come on do it, until they get their act in order
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #10  
Old June 6, 2011, 01:30 PM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
No offense, but it sounded like when: "Bangladeshis" threw stones to WI bus.

"Some Pakistanis" would have sounded much authenticated instead of the term "whole nation". I haven't found my fellow Pakistani students as emotionally driven as you described. There are different people with different perceptions bro.
ha yea....i guess worse things have happened in subcontinent......like pak fans themselves burning their players' houses in 96 quarter looss agasint india....and ind players; houses atacked....thats the passion of cricket here...but NO WHERE compared to freaking bullet shot! we arent calling for a ban because of those? see my complete post.....there r many other reasons.....and yea, my bad, shd have said some pakis shooting the sri lankans......but after all, this took place in pakistan right?
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #11  
Old June 6, 2011, 01:37 PM
Avik's Avatar
Avik Avik is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ, USA
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 743

one thing to clarify: the men who shot bullets werent cricket fans. they were plain terrorists. if this was the spectators, and this happened as a reaction of match result, yes then ur claims will have some ground. but u r comparing the other incident involving cricket match results with this act of terrorism. this whole thing was due to unrest in pakistan, and al kaeda. not the pakistani cricket fans fault. so dnt blame them with ur bullets please.
__________________
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
  #12  
Old June 6, 2011, 10:07 PM
hassan .r hassan .r is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 21, 2011
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
dont want to bring in history here, there was a reason for 71' taking place, but sports and political history shouldnt be mixed, fine......its not abt emotional, its abt thought process...even osman samiuddin wrote abt how paks have to think of conspiracy in evry other thing, which is dragging them backwards, and this is like a virus......it spreads......and once again, i reitierate.....there r good people too.....but then again, what abt sa during apartheid era, there were good people in south africa too, they werent emotionally driven, so why they were banned, yes there was a reason, same here, there is a reason for the need of pak to be banned.....ICC come on do it, until they get their act in order
please brother dont say like that ............. ICC cannot ban Pakistan because if does then it will be proven that ICC is indian cricket council ......... but as i said earlier it wont be long when Bangladesh and Pakistan will be dominating world cricket ............
and if i said something wrong iam sorry brother
  #13  
Old June 6, 2011, 10:09 PM
hassan .r hassan .r is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 21, 2011
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
one thing to clarify: the men who shot bullets werent cricket fans. they were plain terrorists. if this was the spectators, and this happened as a reaction of match result, yes then ur claims will have some ground. but u r comparing the other incident involving cricket match results with this act of terrorism. this whole thing was due to unrest in pakistan, and al kaeda. not the pakistani cricket fans fault. so dnt blame them with ur bullets please.
thanks brother for your support .............. we love you all .................
  #14  
Old June 6, 2011, 10:43 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
you can't really ban a country for fans supporting aamer. what ICC can do however and which is something a FIFA would most certainly have done it by now, is to ask PCB to clean up its own house or threaten them with a ban. ICC does have the power of not recognising PCB until it starts functioning to its satisfaction.
Very sensible post here. Ban is not the solution. Helping them to overcome the problems will be the solution. Besides cricket is the main source of entertainment for the mass people of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Subtracting any of these countries from the picture wont help...
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
  #15  
Old June 6, 2011, 11:08 PM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

roman, ICC had re-recognised US' cricket association for similar reasons. now it is clear that pakistan is too important for world cricket to do that but I personally think ICC should take an active interest in reforming PCB, which is a member board. the first thing to do would be protect PCB from rampant political interference. look at FIFA, they even threatened the football association of france because of political interference ! (sarkozy had made some comments like coach should be sacked)

Avik, but it was PCB and GoP's responsibility to protect them. the lankans were promised presidential security ffs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan .r
please brother dont say like that ............. ICC cannot ban Pakistan because if does then it will be proven that ICC is indian cricket council ......... but as i said earlier it wont be long when Bangladesh and Pakistan will be dominating world cricket ............
and if i said something wrong iam sorry brother
of course you will say that after BCCI bailed out PCB's sorry arses time and again.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
  #16  
Old June 7, 2011, 12:02 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

the attitude of some paks remain disgusting...remember touring them during 2008, and all pakis, literally all pakis..were moaning they are facing bangladesh instead of australia, hell they dont have that much courtesy to thank us for offering to tour their place when australia refused, and malik going on to say playing ipl is better than bangladesh! hinting it was a waste of time....oh yeah, go and suffer in exile pak cricket.....the most ungrateful cricketing nation i have seen....it boiled my blood to see that...no acceptance of any help, how dare they say such stuff! And comments like they gifted us test status by loosing to us in 99....go and play hide and seek all u cheaters, fixers, country sellers.....
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #17  
Old June 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

these are all facts....inzamam showing his ugly behaviour in toronto...there have been worst cases where players are abused, that doesnt mean u go hurling with bat agaisnt someone.....with herschelle gibbs going on to call pak crowd animals....think again people...theres a reason why it happens only with pakistan....if ICC bans them...for sure they will change for good...if not, then they have to be banned permanently.....and let pak recompense forever
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #18  
Old June 7, 2011, 12:14 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

remember the hue and cry in one of Naseer Hussain's statements of 'tamim iqbal better than the whole pakistan team' hahah lol, cant accept and digest the facts of where they truly belong huh.....? they should be reminded of 71, and once again, the sport of a nation just reflects the state of the nation....their government yet to apologise 1971 means they will show the same behaviour towards us in sports too, not surprising, sad that some of people in bangladesh degrade themselves by supporting pak....
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #19  
Old June 7, 2011, 06:26 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

yesterday, I say this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
ICC should take an active interest in reforming PCB, which is a member board. the first thing to do would be protect PCB from rampant political interference.
I open cricinfo today and what do I find ? http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/518030.html

ICC seeks to curb government control over national boards

Quote:
The PCB and ICC could be on a collision course again in a high-stakes case that potentially involves Pakistan's suspension from cricket's governing body. The Pakistan board has sent a legal notice to the ICC raising questions - and threatening legal action - about a proposed amendment to the ICC's constitution, which would allow the governing body to suspend a member in case of government interference in the running of a national cricket board.

Ironically the amendment - which also requires that a member board's executive body include elected officials - is said by some accounts to have been proposed at an ICC executive board meeting in February by the PCB chairman Ijaz Butt himself. What is clear is that he didn't object to the matter at the time.

The PCB is one of the boards directly affected by the amendment. Its constitution states that the President of the country - invariably but not always a political figure - is the Patron of the board and the sole authority in hiring or firing the chairman. Nor are elections of any kind held. A number of members of the governing board - the executive body - are appointed by the chairman and all must be approved by the President. This, the PCB argues in its legal notice, could result in its suspension, even permanent expulsion, for the changes are tantamount to asking the board to throw the Patron out of the constitution.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
  #20  
Old June 7, 2011, 06:34 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,213

it's too harsh,
but I've lost interest long time ago in Pak cricket,and it's getting worse.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
  #21  
Old June 7, 2011, 09:24 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

No probs, let Afridi be sung songs of welcum by their fans, and let them continue dancing, lol, they have nothing else to do..mujra style, their favourite...and suits them
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #22  
Old June 7, 2011, 09:30 AM
Ace of BD's Avatar
Ace of BD Ace of BD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2011
Favorite Player: The Champion
Posts: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
it's too harsh,
but I've lost interest long time ago in Pak cricket,and it's getting worse.
It isnt harsh....they are getting what they deserve...infact...they are getting away with lesser punishments......i can go on talking abt 'good stuffs' by pakistani cricket.....rashid latif dropping the catch..and all the other cheater and gully fielders (actually they should be playing that, near the gullies and gutter) seeing the catch was dropped and rejoicing...to what extent can these stupid creatures cheat?? Multan test was ours, we were surely robbed, but justice is finally prevailing....
__________________
"There is no place for second best" - Ace of BD
  #23  
Old June 7, 2011, 10:48 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 7,795

I like what Neel Here said. I think the PCB should really clean up their board. Pakistan really needs to tighten up their acts. So many instances of cheating is hurting the game. I bet if it was FIFA, they would have harsher penalties and may have been banned a while ago. I really feel for the fans. It must be heart breaking to see your team constantly get in trouble like this.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
  #24  
Old June 7, 2011, 01:02 PM
Avik's Avatar
Avik Avik is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ, USA
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 743

that amendment will affect BCB also. no more political goons like Loitta unless they come through the elections.
__________________
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
  #25  
Old June 8, 2011, 06:43 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: Dhaka Cantonment
Favorite Player: 75 69 29
Posts: 5,175

I disagree. I rather hope Pakistan cleans itself up for the future.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket