facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
200 taka is still a big amount for young people. Probably most are saving for the semis and final.
One dyle costs more than that....
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old February 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Yeah, SBNS is a really big ground, in international matches the boundary range in Mirpur is 78-85 meters, and the whole ground is approximately 85-105 meters long as it was a football stadium before. Hence, from my experience of watching international matches in Mirpur it seems the boundary range for BPL would probably be around 68-75 meters. That's not bad at all, cause in IPL most of the boundary ranges are between 55-65 meters. The smallest boundary I ever saw was at Firoz Shah Kotla in Delhi, where the boundary range was 52-58 meters, now that is small even for school cricket. The thing is that IPL may have much bigger venues in terms of stadium capacity than SBNS but most of their grounds are pretty small as a result it doesn't reflect the smaller boundary lines much, whereas Mirpur is a huge ground and if the boundary ropes are pulled up a bit it looks small to the eyes.

Well said and fully agree with a smaller boundary for T20,,, why do we have,so much complain about the boundary size......? It should be ok, so long it's same for all teams...!!!
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old February 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
where is domestic performers?

why i see only foreign players? 5 top order batsman and all 5 bowlers

how that will help our cricket/
Have patience.... What you are saying is current performance... Wait for our guys to break into it in 2/3 years..... That's when u will see improvement.....

If we already have all in top five.... That wouldn't talk of improvement..... That's current isn't it?..
Old February 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
One thing I liked about this match was that they seemed to playing a lot of Bangla music during the over intervals, wicket falls, etc. (Besides the team anthems I mean) Heard some songs that I haven't heard in ages. Better than playing Bollywood all the time.

Did the authorities intervene and force a reduction of the price of the tickets too? Good move
That had to be.... After all, who are the spectators?.? It has to be bangladehis.....

Playing Bollywood music in Dhaka is just a sign of not knowing bangladesh and it's people..... We may have never missed a Bollywood super hit, but when it comes to public show ... We need our own music.... Infact, music is never so important for a movie in BD. ... We look for stories... In a movie ...not music...you can always have gorom masala collection of music later on if u like.... I personally have always used a FF button for music / song while watching a movie...
Old February 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
Allowing 5 overseas players in a match was a wrong decision..... our local players aren't getting any chance
Its a good decision for the time being. we don't have so many top class players to match those internationals at the moment. allowing 7 locals could have worsen the quality of the matches. let few years go by, youngsters will fight hard in the domestics to get a team in BPL. that will only improve their performance to force their way into a team.
Also the higher the number of internationals the better for the promotion of the league. the non-bangalees will only watch BPL for the foreign players. without them its no different than a BCB cup with Bangladesh Red, green & yellow playing each other and who would want to watch that. BCB did a smart thing by allowing 5 internationals. at least they didn't copy ipl exactly in this.
Old February 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That had to be.... After all, who are the spectators?.? It has to be bangladehis.....

Playing Bollywood music in Dhaka is just a sign of not knowing bangladesh and it's people..... We may have never missed a Bollywood super hit, but when it comes to public show ... We need our own music.... Infact, music is never so important for a movie in BD. ... We look for stories... In a movie ...not music...you can always have gorom masala collection of music later on if u like.... I personally have always used a FF button for music / song while watching a movie...
True and inadvertently, a lot of our music is also exposed internationally. Off-topic but relatively speaking, I think Bangladesh's rock music scene is much more developed than India's. Despite India being a much bigger country, in my time living there, I noticed far fewer stand-out rock bands than in BD. Even the ones they have are mostly from Kolkata, like Mohiner Ghoraguli and Nachiketa.

They may more money to spend and thus can draw big names like Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, etc. but that's a different issue. I've noticed foreigners are very often impressed when they hear our music
Old February 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
True and inadvertently, a lot of our music is also exposed internationally. Off-topic but relatively speaking, I think Bangladesh's rock music scene is much more developed than India's. Despite India being a much bigger country, in my time living there, I noticed far fewer stand-out rock bands than in BD. Even the ones they have are mostly from Kolkata, like Mohiner Ghoraguli and Nachiketa.

They may more money to spend and thus can draw big names like Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, etc. but that's a different issue. I've noticed foreigners are very often impressed when they hear our music
oh yeah. we are way ahead in rock music than india. my previous flat mate was a musician and he found some Bangladeshi rock band in youtube. he was quite surprised with the quality.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
oh yeah. we are way ahead in rock music than india. my previous flat mate was a musician and he found some Bangladeshi rock band in youtube. he was quite surprised with the quality.
This is something I have been blowing my trumpet on since ages. Our rock music is HUGE but alas little they get exposure in the media. It seems like bands are there to perform in occasional universities and that's about it. I had many paki friends who listen to bands like artcell.They brought miles and LRB for the opening concert but I would have liked some of todays band to play alongside them in these big events.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
This is something I have been blowing my trumpet on since ages. Our rock music is HUGE but alas little they get exposure in the media. It seems like bands are there to perform in occasional universities and that's about it. I had many paki friends who listen to bands like artcell.They brought miles and LRB for the opening concert but I would have liked some of todays band to play alongside them in these big events.
Which current bands do you think deserve international exposure?
Old February 11, 2012, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Which current bands do you think deserve international exposure?
From my limited knowledge of the Bangladeshi band scene, my vote for Nemesis.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

^^ Their music video for 'Kobe' is quite a hit with my non-Bengali friends. And clearly the lead singer can sing in English too. Time for them to do a tour to UK and US cities with big expat communities i.e. London, New York, etc.?
Old February 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

i am a die hard artcell fan. I mean this a band who has so much potential and guess they are not even taking music as their profession. Tells the story that they dont make enough money with music.

Nemesis,aurthohin,shunno,shironamhin are all mainstream but what i mean is that they don't get anough exposure in terms of media.

some underground bands are recall,sign of cross, auleek.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:

True that. If there is a single band like Warfaze, Artcell or even Nagar Baul in India, I will eat a horse.
Old February 12, 2012, 12:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Okay all you Getal fans please take the discussion to the Getal thread. Thank you.

-As Lil Wayne fan
Old February 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
From my limited knowledge of the Bangladeshi band scene, my vote for Nemesis.
Unfortunately their recent album was a flop. Still they are one of the most talented BD bands out there.
Old February 12, 2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I'm sure this has been mentioned and discussed already, but I can't be bothered sifting through 34 pages of posts.

Why are there no post match interviews/awards? I don't mean $500 rewards for most sixes, best catch, best hair...but the standard, MoM and chat with the winning captain?
Old February 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Why are there no post match interviews/awards? I don't mean $500 rewards for most sixes, best catch, best hair...but the standard, MoM and chat with the winning captain?
There's been a post-game ceremony in every single match...
Old February 12, 2012, 01:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
For reals?!?!? I too also thought there was no presentation ceremony. Delayed then...eh?
Old February 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Serious...I knew the contacts were failing, and I've booked myself in for LASIK, but I didn't realize things were THIS bad.

My bad.
Old February 12, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I'm sure this has been mentioned and discussed already, but I can't be bothered sifting through 34 pages of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
As Mahir said, there was post-match presentation in every game with $1000 for MoM and $500 for 'Most Sixes in an innings'.
Old February 12, 2012, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

BTW, can anyone clear the rules on foreign players in BPL? Is it mandatory to play 5 of them in every single match or is it just the highest number a team can play in a XI? In IPL, although the quota is of 4 foreign players but when teams had limited foreign players due to international commitments they played less than that and took local players instead.
Old February 12, 2012, 03:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Think its max 5, but not mandatory.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

As far as i concern, none our deshi batsman will make the top 10 run scorer, and except shakib, none of our deshi players will make the top 10 wk taker list.

It's not coz we crap. It's because overseas players seems getting more opportunity than deshi players on everything
Old February 12, 2012, 05:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিমকে ২৫ হাজার টাকা জরিমানা করা হয়েছে। বরিশাল বার্নার্সের বিপক্ষে ফিল্ডিংয়ের সময় আম্পায়ারের সিদ্ধান্তে অসন্তোষ প্রকাশ করায় তার বিরুদ্ধে এই সিদ্ধান্ত।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...21201231488196

and what does umpire gets??? that was a howler....shalara shob chagol
Old February 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

mushy gets fined? grrrrrrrrrrrrr