facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Unless Razzak picks it up, he shouldn't be in the team for the Asia Cup. The other SLA's have looked better then him. Shuvo has also been really poor. Enamul, Arafat, Elias have been a lot more impressive.

There is at least 3 SLA bowler who deserves to play for the NAts atm ahead of Razzak. It's not just based on BPL, also based on DPL and ncl. They are Elias sunny, MH Rubel, Enamul JR.
SAQLAIN SHAJIB and Arafat sunny r not too far either. So Shuvo and Razzak can say gd bye to nats for long time, and perhaps forever...
Old February 16, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
There is at least 3 SLA bowler who deserves to play for the NAts atm ahead of Razzak. It's not just based on BPL, also based on DPL and ncl. They are Elias sunny, MH Rubel, Enamul JR.
SAQLAIN SHAJIB and Arafat sunny r not too far either. So Shuvo and Razzak can say gd bye to nats for long time, and perhaps forever...
Agreed. Razzak even in this tournament has continued to slip his deliveries down leg side. We gotta face it that Razzak isn't the same bowler he used to be. After he changed his action he's not as good anymore. I don't think Shuvo is a bad bowler but he's certainly not anything special. He's more of a darter then a spinner and is also not even accurate. Can't have those type of bowlers in the team.

I actually disagree on Saqlain. He hasn't really impressed me all that much. He doesn't turn the ball all that much and doesn't seem that accurate, he does like to give the ball flight, I'll give him that but don't see him being all that special.

I forgot about MH Rubel. He's been pretty good as well. Along with him, Arafat and Enamul have been impressive. Nazmul Islam also has looked good but seems he needs time before he can be ready for the national team. Shakib and Sunny obviously have proved once again why they are the best SLA's in the country at the moment. I would be happy if the selectors take either Enamul, Arafat, or MH Rubel for the Asia Cup.
Old February 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

HI Friends, I have been inactive so long. Where can I follow BPL? any youtube links for live matches.

Also please recommend a team to follow, whichever is playing the most exciting cricket (Doesn't matter whether they win or not).
Old February 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
HI Friends, I have been inactive so long. Where can I follow BPL? any youtube links for live matches.

Also please recommend a team to follow, whichever is playing the most exciting cricket (Doesn't matter whether they win or not).
Welcome back

There are 6 teams. You can find most of the info in BPL Schedule and Match and Fan Threads (Post # 1 --> updated daily & # 17)

The Barishal Burners (Chris Gayle's team)
The Chittagong Kings (Tamim, Mahmudullah, bravo's team)
The Dhaka Gladiators (Mashrafe, Ashraful, Afridi's team...though Afridi ditched us)
The Khulna Royal Bengals (Shakib's team) Our former captain of BD
The Duronto Rajshahis (Mushfiq's team) Our current captain of BD
The Sylhet Royals (Alok Kapali, Peter Trego, Kamran Akmal's team) --> Our head-coach Mr. Law is their coach!

**I would say the most exciting team at the moment is Duronto Rajshahi 'cause they lost the first 2 games and then won 3 games in a row. Another good team at the moment is Chittagong Kings. Dhaka and Khulna are powerful too. Barishal without Chris Gayle looks ordinary. Sylthet is yet to win a game.

Here is the nice summary of the game/team performances so far: Midpoint Review : Team by Team Key points (Post # 1)

No youtube links for live matches. But here are a couple of links to watch the game live:
http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209
http://criccrazy.net/
and many more.

For Live score:
http://digicricket.marssil.com/Default.aspx
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...es/547342.html

-----

Hope it helps

Last edited by idrinkh2O; February 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM..
Old February 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman

You can watch it here: http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209

and about supporting a team... mmm support Khulna Royal Bengal ...
Old February 16, 2012, 09:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
Welcome back

There are 6 teams. You can find most of the info in BPL Schedule and Match and Fan Threads (Post # 1 --> updated daily & # 17)

The Barishal Burners (Chris Gayle's team)
The Chittagong Kings (Tamim, Mahmudullah, bravo's team)
The Dhaka Gladiators (Mashrafe, Ashraful, Afridi's team...though Afridi ditched us)
The Khulna Royal Bengals (Shakib's team) Our former captain of BD
The Duronto Rajshahis (Mushfiq's team) Our current captain of BD
The Sylhet Royals (Alok Kapali, Peter Trego, Kamran Akmal's team) --> Our head-coach Mr. Law is their coach!

**I would say the most excited team at the moment is Duronto Rajshahi 'cause they lost the first 2 games and then won 3 games in a row. Another good team at the moment is Chittagong Kings. Dhaka and Khulna are powerful too. Barishal without Chris Gayle looks ordinary. Sylthet is yet to win a game.

Here is the nice summary of the game/team performances so far: Midpoint Review : Team by Team Key points (Post # 1)

No youtube links for live matches. But here are a couple of links to watch the game live:
http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209
http://criccrazy.net/
and many more.

For Live score:
http://digicricket.marssil.com/Default.aspx
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...es/547342.html

-----

Hope it helps
WOW great .

Complete info , thank you very much.

Going to follow -> Duronto Rajshahi

@ oronnya

Thank you , All the best for Shakib's team but I have a habit of choosing one team and sticking throughout. I think Rajshahi will win the tournament
Old February 17, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
even the discarded or "yet to play" Pakistani players are better than our superstars, specially in T20s
Correct.We are far behind the other test teams.Their discards are far better than our superstars in any format.
This tournament is poking us our quality.None of our local boys are performing better than retired or national discards of other test country.
Old February 17, 2012, 12:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

SO I had to learn from fb that Moahmmad Isam...sorry Sami scored a hattrick? The hell y'all promoting if you are scared as chicken--- to open threads highlighting main events. Or has it been overlooked because he's a Pakistani dude? Watever. A hattrick is a hattrick.
Old February 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

And all 3 of em were clean bowled out.. can you believe it?
Old February 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

so when are they coming back to Dhaka, i mean how many matches will be played in CTG?
Old February 17, 2012, 07:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
so when are they coming back to Dhaka, i mean how many matches will be played in CTG?
Here's the complete updated schedule of the BPL :

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...30&postcount=1
Old February 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^thank u Mahir bh.
Old February 17, 2012, 07:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

After seeing the Rajshahi Vs. Dhaka match, i figured out 3 fun facts :-

1. Mushy >>> Ashraful
2. Samuel > Pollard
and off course
3. Digital Autocare > Europa Grp.
Old February 17, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

First round completed.Most of the team has compleated 5 matches.Some analysis can be done regarding performance.
Our local bowlers are not doing bad.Sunny is the heighest wicket taker followed by Enan jn.Total 3 bowlers at top ten,Shakib at no 7.But no local pacer.Only mash at 11.
Batting was a total failure.None at top 10.Kapali,Riyad,Mushy and Junayed at 13-16.It is a complete failure of our local heros.Unknown paki batsman are doing better than our local heroes.How come all WI batsman doing better than local heroes?
To me this tourney is an eye opener of our quality in comparison to international standard.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Angry Darren Stevens offensive twitter insult

Anyone seen this comment from Darren Stevens on twitter?

Stevo208 Darren Ian Stevens @

@Shreck they sorted u accom out? Bangerland is going ok pal.

14 Feb

I find referring our beloved country as 'Bangerland' insulting, disrespectful and offensive. If he doesn't like our country then don't come here. He is getting paid a lot of money for 3 weeks' work and has been offered accomodation at a nice hotel. The least he can do is refer to our country as Bangladesh. In fact I would say it sounds borderline racist. This comment is unacceptable and Ian Pont should ask him to remove it from his account.

Source: http://twitter.com/stevo208
Old February 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Anyone seen this comment from Darren Stevens on twitter?

Stevo208 Darren Ian Stevens @

@Shreck they sorted u accom out? Bangerland is going ok pal.

14 Feb

I find referring our beloved country as 'Bangerland' insulting, disrespectful and offensive. If he doesn't like our country then don't come here. He is getting paid a lot of money for 3 weeks' work and has been offered accomodation at a nice hotel. The least he can do is refer to our country as Bangladesh. In fact I would say it sounds borderline racist. This comment is unacceptable and Ian Pont should ask him to remove it from his account.

Source: http://twitter.com/stevo208
Grow up!! There is nothing offensive....
Old February 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Meh...no biggie.

England - Ingurland!
Old February 17, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Canada - KKanada :P
Old February 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have a thick skin. Uncalled for negative comments only shows the person's standard and upbringing.
Old February 17, 2012, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Can't believe why they had to make Friday the day off. Seriously, this is the best day to bring in crowds. I understand the Jumah part. So why not make a late start around 3. Or just play one game.
Old February 17, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Can't believe why they had to make Friday the day off. Seriously, this is the best day to bring in crowds. I understand the Jumah part. So why not make a late start around 3. Or just play one game.
Travel and rest. Very much needed. They are not robots. Rest gives them to sort out things internally (and heal the nicks and bruises) and perform better in the coming days. Preparation is at least half as important as the game itself.
Old February 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Rest is obviously important. My question is then, why not rest them on Wed or Thurs. Crowd attendance has been poor so far and the only day we can get them in big numbers, we don't have any matches.
Old February 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Rest is obviously important. My question is then, why not rest them on Wed or Thurs. Crowd attendance has been poor so far and the only day we can get them in big numbers, we don't have any matches.
Fair point. And they could start the match at 3pm instead of 2pm. MGMT marketing may have issues that we may not think of - just saying.
Old February 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I never said it was gonna be easy. I know it's not an option atm, but they will have to make it happen within few years. Or else BPL will stay as an exhibition
league. People won't come to watch exhibition matches in couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dillu, it is not the distance. It is the roads and traffic. Do you know how long it takes to travel from Radisson to Mirpur? Heck making it back? It would take a whole day just to recover from the intercity travel Dhaka to Bogura, Raj to Khulna, etc. Decreasing the number of game would reduce revenue. TV revenues and others things; not an option.

I agree with you on decentralization and rivalry 110%. That is only how our cricket will improve and remain at that level. Not just a bump and then go back down. But we don't have the infrastructure or the trust (faith on people who would run autonomy shows).
Old February 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Yesterday would've been a good day to host an all* game.

Let's make our xi's?