facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 9, 2012, 06:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Pretty disheartening jobs report - that will put a damper on any potential bounce from the convention for Obama.

But as long as he hangs on to Michigan and Ohio, Romney has almost no chance.
You know what's pathetic? The republicans were praying for a poor jobs report.. even if it's affecting lives of their fellow countrymen as long as they have something to benefit from it, their mentality is no different from the village politics of BD where politicians actually thrive in creating problems just so they can benefit from it.. I guess nobody bothered to tell these right wing nut jobs who created this job mess in the first place.
Old September 9, 2012, 06:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bill Clinton delivered what was probably the best Political speech I have heard in a long time, no BS..feel sorry for the fools who would rather listen to the rubbish spewed out by Clint Eastwood and Paul ryan
Old September 9, 2012, 06:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Got my cup. Plan to use it in office.

Get yours at BarackObama (looks like this coffee mug is not in stock).

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_1305.PNG (618.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: png IMG_1306.PNG (670.3 KB, 127 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 9, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Bill Clinton delivered what was probably the best Political speech I have heard in a long time, no BS..feel sorry for the fools who would rather listen to the rubbish spewed out by Clint Eastwood and Paul ryan
Man I can't never change my channel when clinton speaks....He is by far I think one of the, if not the best president US ever had. This speech is not any different from his many other speeches... it just feels so good because we been hearing sub par speeches from current leaders... that includes Obama as well, even though Obama is known for his oration skills...

I don't think any one can connect with people of alll walks like the way Clinton does....He sounds so genuine. I sometimes feels sad that we could have had this man for past 12 years.... but constitution I suppose protect us from bad *** well just like it denies us good sometimes.

How did clinton not get the nobel peace prize but obama got, i didn't quiet get.

Lemme tell u man, you put obama and clinton run against each other, and have black ppl vote for who can connect with them more.. I bet Bill Clinton will come out top.
Old September 9, 2012, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i think you can obviously tell I have man love for Clinton, similar to Nasif bhai love for Obama... :
Old September 9, 2012, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i think you can obviously tell I have man love for Clinton, similar to Nasif bhai love for Obama... :
I like Clinton too. His speech at DNC was just too good! Right stuff at right time. Always has my vote.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 9, 2012, 09:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Man I can't never change my channel when clinton speaks....He is by far I think one of the, if not the best president US ever had. This speech is not any different from his many other speeches... it just feels so good because we been hearing sub par speeches from current leaders... that includes Obama as well, even though Obama is known for his oration skills...

I don't think any one can connect with people of alll walks like the way Clinton does....He sounds so genuine. I sometimes feels sad that we could have had this man for past 12 years.... but constitution I suppose protect us from bad *** well just like it denies us good sometimes.

How did clinton not get the nobel peace prize but obama got, i didn't quiet get.

Lemme tell u man, you put obama and clinton run against each other, and have black ppl vote for who can connect with them more.. I bet Bill Clinton will come out top.
Spot on, Bill Clinton's speech presented Obama as the next President better than Obama himself could.
Old September 9, 2012, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I am not ashamed to agree with Orphy here. One of the smartest men to ever be the President of the US. He was a true liberal and drove his agenda as much as he could navigating the political exigencies of his times. He learned very quickly after his healthcare initiative floundered on the rapids of partisanship but he wisely shifted slightly to the center while still not sacrificing his ideals.

And as they say, he (not Obama) was the first Black president.

I was reading somewhere about his charisma and his oratorial ability. Someone commented that Bill speaks to your left and right brain at the same time. While he is spouting stats and numbers on one hand, he is speaking to your emotions on the other. He is a wonk with a common touch.

His one speech at the DNC eviscerated each and every false claim of the Reps more than any statement or ad from the Obama camp.
Old September 9, 2012, 10:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I am not ashamed to agree with Orphy here. One of the smartest men to ever be the President of the US. He was a true liberal and drove his agenda as much as he could navigating the political exigencies of his times. He learned very quickly after his healthcare initiative floundered on the rapids of partisanship but he wisely shifted slightly to the center while still not sacrificing his ideals.

I was reading somewhere about his charisma and his oratorial ability. Someone commented that Bill speaks to your left and right brain at the same time. While he is spouting stats and numbers on one hand, he is speaking to your emotions on the other. He is a wonk with a common touch.

His one speech at the DNC eviscerated each and every false claim of the Reps more than any statement or ad from the Obama camp.
Nailed it. That DNC speech was just amazing when you take everything into consideration.
Old September 9, 2012, 10:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

The reason why Bill Clinton didn't get a Nobel Peace Prize is because he is now a global statesman on such a level, that he doesn't require such an award to be widely recognized, respected, influential etc.

People get Nobel Peace Prizes on HIS recommendation. He's above the fray.

The Nobel Committee once even mentioned him by name when Dr. Yunus got the Prize in 2006:

"In 2002, Bill Clinton put it this way: "Dr. Yunus is a man who long ago should have won the Nobel Prize and I'll keep saying that until they finally give it to him." Now Clinton will no longer need to remind us. " (Source)
Old September 9, 2012, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The DNC speech came too naturally. Compare that to the obvious political drama scripted by Michelle a night before and you know why one was, as Orphy put it, one of the best Presidents of the USA, whereas the other is and will always be just another First Lady.
Old September 10, 2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Another fan here...

Clinton is called first black president of USA per Times - he did so much for the American black community, all the previous presidents altogether couldn't do it!
Old September 10, 2012, 02:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I'm traditionally a democrat, but I so wish Dr. Paul would get elected. I expected so much more from Obama. He has become the "food-stamp" president.

Peace out,

Roey

Food-stamp president eh...how quaint.

Because after all it was his fault the entire western world was in recession(bar maybe Australia and a couple of other places). It was his fault, the housing bubble burst and banks went under, again before he took office.

He was the one that ran up the debt to record levels in the previous 8 years, by engaging in war mongering....

Does he deserve criticism, absolutely...I think he's shown very little backbone as president, but catch phrases like 'Food Stamp President' are downright stupid.
Old September 10, 2012, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Food-stamp president eh...how quaint.

Because after all it was his fault the entire western world was in recession(bar maybe Australia and a couple of other places). It was his fault, the housing bubble burst and banks went under, again before he took office.

He was the one that ran up the debt to record levels in the previous 8 years, by engaging in war mongering....

Does he deserve criticism, absolutely...I think he's shown very little backbone as president, but catch phrases like 'Food Stamp President' are downright stupid.
I think Bill said it best:

Quote:
You got to get one thing — it takes some brass to attack a guy for doing what you did.
Old September 10, 2012, 02:34 AM
Banned

The republican party is basically like our political parties now(like BrianLara7 says...). Their need to govern and be right trumphs the good of the country...all the while, they keep talking about how the people are with them.

Sound familiar?

AL goes to clean up BNP mess - Khaleda says they are illegitimate and the people want them gone(she wants them gone).

BNP takes over, and AL says they're destroying everything and the people can't handle another day of this rule, govt has to be overthrown immediately and at any cost(so they create a ton of mess in every way imaginable).

All the while, none of them did anything wrong while in power, and the other side did nothing right. Not to mention the millions and millions of people who voted them into power, all of a sudden don't matter.
Old September 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
Administrator

^^

Yup and that's why Bill Clinron's speech was a cut off in how he acknowledged the contributions of Republican presidents of the past - starting off with Eisenhower sending in the troops to assist in the integration of the Little Rock schools. He mentioned the spirit of cooperation and both presidents Bush in the same breath.

He said:

Quote:
And so here’s what I want to say to you, and here’s what I want the people at home to think about. When times are tough and people are frustrated and angry and hurting and uncertain, the politics of constant conflict may be good. But what is good politics does not necessarily work in the real world. What works in the real world is cooperation. What works in the real world is cooperation, business and government, foundations and universities.
While Bangladesh's perverse and broken political system is solely driven by the politics of confrontation. Both the major political party's leadership is stuffed with venal and corrupt yes-men and women who kowtow to the women whose inner drive is predicated by vengeance and not by a desire to do good.
Old September 10, 2012, 03:27 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Speech: my reaction
--------------------------------
Barack: Inspiring, strong, powerful
Michelle: Poignant
Bill: [after getting past the informal southern drawl, wit and humor: so did you or not?]
Old September 10, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Romney Campaign FAIL! Jobs where, Mitt? Oh yeah, that would be in China.

"Believe in America, but made in China' !

EPIC FAIL !!!!!

Collected from FB
Old September 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

After DNC, Obama is leading Romney by 4 points now. Its not a lot given the margin of errors. I am looking forward to Presidential debates in October. Obama is expected to crush Romney in them while I think Paul Ryan will dominate over Biden.

P.S. The only Republican from the Primary I admired was Jon Huntsman from Utah. He is not divisive and has bipartisanship skills. I believe he was the ambassador to China and speaks fluent Mandarin. Sadly, he has been ostracized by Republican base and was not even invited to RNC.
Old September 11, 2012, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
After DNC, Obama is leading Romney by 4 points now. Its not a lot given the margin of errors. I am looking forward to Presidential debates in October. Obama is expected to crush Romney in them while I think Paul Ryan will dominate over Biden.

P.S. The only Republican from the Primary I admired was Jon Huntsman from Utah. He is not divisive and has bipartisanship skills. I believe he was the ambassador to China and speaks fluent Mandarin. Sadly, he has been ostracized by Republican base and was not even invited to RNC.
Think Biden will surprise you...his folksy style has a way of connecting with people. Ryan is young and good looking, but he is a liar. It's easy to look good and sound good when preaching to the choir, but when you get asked questions, and your opponent has the opportunity to respond to your lies immediately, things are a lot tougher.

Biden will make a couple of gaffes( ) and he will ramble on at times...but he'll get his point across and come across as the more likable person in the end.
Old September 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Yes, even though Ryan has the charm, he is a liar. His RNC speech failed fact-checking terribly and his mention of Wisconsin plant closing was an epic fail. Next day his office published a release saying "Well, Obama could have opened the plant", or something like that. Such a cheap shot. The Republican core is full of disgusting people this year from Romney/Ryan, Boehner, Reince Preibus and many more.

I watch Hannity (FOX) at 9 and Daily Show at 11 almost everyday. The difference is stark and shows how polarized the country has become.
Old September 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Romney Aide On Middle East Protests: If Mitt Were President Instead Of Obama, 'You'd Be In A Different Situation'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1882970.html

I would love to know how genius President Romney could have avoided this situation?

If I want to keep my job I should be supporting Romney, if Obama gets elected again there will most likely be a defense budget cut. I received an email the other day at work, saying I should call my local rep and tell them about my concern over the defense budget cut that might be coming up in Dec/Jan. If this goes through GD will most likely have to lay off people, and considering I have only been working there for 4 months who knows I might be getting axed.
Old September 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
Administrator

A new video has surfaced where Mitt Romney said:
Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the President no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax ...
"My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Romney campaign is in damage control mode. Already had a press conf. an hour ago! lol
Old September 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

He's done...

When he says 47% don't pay income tax...that includes students/retirees and people that don't make enough money to pay income tax...

Quote:
For what it’s worth, this argument isn’t true. Among the Americans who paid no federal income taxes in 2011, 61 percent paid payroll taxes — which means they have jobs and, when you account for both sides of the payroll tax, they paid 15.3 percent of their income in taxes, which is higher than the 13.9 percent that Romney paid.
BOOM!

Quote:
Part of the reason so many Americans don’t pay federal income taxes is that Republicans have passed a series of very large tax cuts that wiped out the income-tax liability for many Americans. That’s why, when you look at graphs of the percent of Americans who don’t pay income taxes, you see huge jumps after Ronald Reagan’s 1986 tax reform and George W. Bush’s 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. So whenever you hear that half of Americans don’t pay federal income taxes, remember: Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush helped build that.

So notice what happened here: Republicans have become outraged over the predictable effect of tax cuts they passed and are using that outrage as the justification for an agenda that further cuts taxes on the rich and pays for it by cutting social services for the non-rich.
Breakdown of the Romney speech by Ezra Klein of the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hy-it-matters/
Old September 18, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Romney is pretty much done for. This one will be a dagger - if Dems don't mess it up.