facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

Welcome Law. Hope you can make us proudy.
Old June 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Welcome and Good Luck on your new venture with Bangladesh Cricket.
Old June 27, 2011, 12:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Welcome and good luck!

Warning: we are a tough crowd.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old June 27, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Arreyy Merhavaa Merhevaa!
My personal salaam and greetings to coach Stuart Law!
Welcomen to Banglaar mati!
Old June 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Totti, De Rossi, Pizzaro

Throughout the whole coach hiring circus, ive been quite skeptical about you. Now that you are here, I wish you prove me wrong and take us another step closer to glory.

Welcome to BD, Stuart Law & best of luck with your job
Old June 27, 2011, 01:55 PM
Test Cricketer

I dont know why but Im getting good vibes about this! I feel like this man will not take any bull***** and also slap the sissyness out of some our players silly. Even his name conveys dictatorship and diciplined qualities..Stuart Law. Good luck to the guy
Old June 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Am I reading you correctly? Less pressure? And no one will complain??? In Bangladesh??????? It is the most pressurised job in world cricket and needs someone who knows what they are doing...

Within a few weeks the press, fans and everyone else will savage a coach who produces poor results. They won't say "oh well, he is learning" or "oh never mind, he has no experience"

There are just 9 Test Team head coaching jobs in the world. This is not an experiment. You'd better be good or you will be gone before the two years is up. BD cannot afford to slip backwards here. There is HUGE pressure on... It's exactly why coaches like Fountain and Pont were so good. They produced instant results in their own departments starting with the 4-0 Tiger wash.

If Law doesn't win the series in Zim comprehensively, or worse still LOSES it, the media will not be very kind.
See, now you are getting somewhere. He needs to win Zim series cause BD is EXPECTED to. Same way, our expectation from him is not as much, hence he will have more space to get his act together.

It is NOT the most pressurized job in world cricket. Siddons stayed here with constant vacation and being drunk half of the time. In fact, in BD, coaches have more say than most countries.
Old June 27, 2011, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Welcome to the land of Tigers coach!!!
Enjoy your stay with the most friendly people in the world. Best of luck.
Old June 27, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
See, now you are getting somewhere. He needs to win Zim series cause BD is EXPECTED to. Same way, our expectation from him is not as much, hence he will have more space to get his act together.

It is NOT the most pressurized job in world cricket. Siddons stayed here with constant vacation and being drunk half of the time. In fact, in BD, coaches have more say than most countries.
Like Siddons said : ''I get more attention in this country than everyone except Hasina''.
Old June 27, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Law will not call for a IPL window

Full name: Stuart Grant Law
Born: October 18, 1968, Brisbane, Australia.
Teams: Australia, Chennai Superstars, Derbyshire, Essex, Lancashire and Queensland.
Nickname: Lawman; The Judge The most successful captain in Australian domestic cricket
Went past 1,000 runs in every English season from 1999 to 2003
Began his coaching stint with Sri Lanka in 2009
Sports Reporter
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officially confirmed on Monday that former Australian cricketer Stuart Law will be instated as the next head coach of the Tigers.

BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus announced at a hurriedly called press conference yesterday that they had appointed the 42-year old Australian, who has played one Test and 54 one-day internationals, as the head coach for the next two years starting from July 1.

Law, who had served as Sri Lanka's assistant coach under Trevor Bayliss since 2009 and took charge of the team on a temporary basis specifically for the tour of England, will succeed his compatriot Jamie Siddons, whose contract was not renewed after the World Cup.

The official announcement of the appointment of Law as head coach came not before much drama. The board was apparently forced to make the early announcement yesterday after Law himself disclosed it in a leading Bengali daily, Prothom Alo.

It was all but confirmed after board's executive committee meeting on June 4 that Law was to become the new head coach but the board had been dilly-dallying with the announcement as they waited for a final agreement.

It seemed that the board was embarrassed by Law's announcement as there was a mutual commitment to jointly make the announcement. Jalal however was diplomatic when asked whether they were upset by the first act of Law.

“There was supposed to be a joint announcement. I can't say why exactly it happened. It might be because of the time difference. I wouldn't say we are embarrassed. May be the early announcement came from him because he was excited,” explained Yunus.

“After May 30, it was almost confirmed because he (Law) was quite interested to take the job and as well as he made the commitment. We have some bitter experience in the past that's why we were waiting for the signing of the agreement. What I can assure you is that he signed the paper,” he added.

Yunus informed that Law will quit the position of Sri Lanka's interim coach after the five-match ODI series against England and will join the Bangladesh team as soon as possible.

“After July 9, he will go to Sri Lanka to complete all the formalities and after that he will come back to England where he is settled with his family.

“We are expecting him to join the team before the Zimbabwe tour and if it's not possible than he will join the team directly there. It may not be possible for him to join the team here as you know the Tigers are all set to go to the South Africa on July 18 to play a practice match,” informed Yunus.

Tigers will play a Test and five one-day internationals in their monthlong tour in Zimbabwe.

In response of a question of terms and condition of the agreement, Yunus said that it was a win-win situation.

There was a win-win situation. There has been no window for IPL or any other T20 tournaments and without board permission he will not be able to do any other job during his two-year tenure.

“The financial package is more or less the same as Jamie Siddons,” said Yunus adding that they will confirm the appointment of the support staff soon after the arrival of the new head coach.

Yunus said that the leadership quality of Law impressed them the most. “Law was far ahead on our shortlist for the new coach. We were on the lookout for someone with passion, drive and international pedigree to lead the Bangladesh team to greater heights and in him we believe we have found a coach who is highly motivated and also committed towards achieving goals. The most important thing which impressed us most is his leadership quality during his playing career.

“He has had a distinguished playing career and his coaching experience with a world class side like Sri Lanka would be very beneficial for the Bangladesh Team. The negotiations took some time but we are delighted to finally have him on board” continued Yunus.

Law said he was relishing the challenge of working with the youthful and talented Tigers squad: “I'm really excited by this opportunity the BCB has presented me with. It's a great honour. To leave Sri Lanka Cricket is not a decision that was taken lightly. My time with them has been a most enjoyable journey and I'd really like to thank everyone involved there for their support. I have made so many friends there and had some fantastic experiences.

“A new challenge awaits me now in Dhaka, which I believe I'm ready for. To coach a national side, I think is any coach's goal, so to get the opportunity to work with what I think is a very talented bunch of cricketers, is particularly exciting. I look forward to the times ahead and taking Bangladesh to the next level,” said Law.

Like his predecessor, Law, the fifth foreign coach of the Bangladesh Test team, also promised to improve the ranking of the Tigers from the current ninth position.

Source

He'll also get pretty much the same Jamie Siddons did.
Old June 27, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Law not a stranger to Tigers
Font size:

Bangladesh players Shahadat Hossain (L) and Mohammad Ashraful do some weightlifting during the national cricket team’s five-day conditioning camp in Cox’s Bazar on Monday. — New age photo

Staff Correspondent

Newly-appointed Bangladesh national team coach Stuart Law is not quite an unknown figure to the players as some of them already have the experience of playing against him.

Law, currently working as the interim coach of Sri Lanka, was named as the new head coach of the Tigers on Monday, replacing compatriot Jamie Siddons.

The announcement created ripples in the national team’s conditioning camp in Cox’s Bazar, where they are undergoing rigorous fitness training under Law.

‘Oh yes, many of us know Law,’ said an excited all-rounder Naeem Islam when he was contacted over phone from Dhaka.

‘When we were in England playing for the A team he played for MCC against us. Tamim, Sakib and me played against him,’ said Naeem.

Top-order batsman Shahriar Nafees and discarded wicketkeeper Dhiman Ghosh even have the experience of facing Law in competitive cricket in the rebel Indian Cricket League.

Shahriar, who played for Dhaka Warriors in the ICL, played a game against Law, who was representing Chennai Superstars in the league.

‘He may not be a very prominent figure in international cricket but he has a substantial track record in the domestic circuit,’ said Shahriar.

‘It only suggests his good ability in cricket,’ said the southpaw.

‘He will be a fighter and I am eagerly waiting to start our new journey with him,’ he said.

Abdur Razzak, the experienced left-arm spinner, had a chance to meet the Australian while he came to Dhaka with the Sri Lanka team.

‘I saw him once when he came to Dhaka with the Sri Lanka team. However, we did not talk much other than exchanging greetings,’ he said.

‘He had played cricket at the highest level, so he knows what is needed to be successful. I am sure he will try everything possible to take us to the next level,’ he said.

Not every cricketer, however, is familiar with Law, a member of Australia’s 1996 World Cup team, who played a Test and 54 one-day-internationals.

Imrul Kayes is the one, who admitted he has got very little idea about the new coach. Kayes improved his game heavily under the previous coach, Jamie Siddons, and is expecting the same sort of assistance from Law if not better.

‘Though I don’t know much about him, I am sure he would likely want to see a great commitment in us and encourage us to work hard,’ he said.

‘I am ready to give everything as I can to fulfil his demand,’ said Kayes, who missed a century against Law’s countrymen in Bangladesh’s last international match

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/24100.html
Old June 27, 2011, 05:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Welcome coach! Wishing you best of luck....
Old June 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

So, when he (Law) is coming to BC?
Old June 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by riankhan
So, when he (Law) is coming to BC?
My request to admin and boss please don't bring him in BC like you did to Julien and Ian. Occasional interview in BC will be appreciated but please say no to public forum.
Old June 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

the era of Stuart Law begins in Bangladesh cricket.

lets hope for the best.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old June 27, 2011, 08:12 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
My request to admin and boss please don't bring him in BC like you did to Julien and Ian. Occasional interview in BC will be appreciated but please say no to public forum.
Well, there are always pros and cons of bringing them in BC. But I believe they are professional enough to understand our emotionally driven cricket fans! Besides, they (coaches) can easily see BC's post if they want to.

For a good example, one of our member shared the inspiring video with Ian through BC, which, according to several cricketers, helped them on the field (shown by Ian in pre-match session).

I also saw members posting inappropriate comments to a particular coach.

But at the end, BC will be always a good place for them to get interesting info, such as stats, info about new players, about our culture and many more. And eventually, the fans are the ones who'll get more interesting associates
Old June 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Why MoC bhai ? Isn't it always good share views and opinions if he wants to ? I am sure Ian has learnt many things about our game after coming to BC and interacting with fans. Don't be afraid to criticize (in a positive way) if it helps to correct that person.
Old June 27, 2011, 10:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old June 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
Club Cricketer

well lets hope that this new coach takes Bangladesh"s Cricket to new heights wish you guys all the best
Old June 27, 2011, 11:15 PM
Cricket Sage

welcome new coach ... STUART LAW

i hope u are successful intially for the first twio years and then u can continue our progess and success for decades,

i hope slows and steadily and progressively u can increase our rank in all formats of cricket .....

i wish u get enough support from our board
Old June 28, 2011, 03:42 AM
Banned

Whats with the fielding coach? Do we have one or not?
Old June 28, 2011, 03:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Whats with the fielding coach? Do we have one or not?
the other coaching staff will now be appointed in consultation with LAW
Old June 28, 2011, 04:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Old June 28, 2011, 04:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Old June 28, 2011, 06:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Three Aussie coaches in a row :P. Welcome Stuart Law Wishing him all the best and hopefully through his guidance, we'll be able to see Bangladesh winning more consistently * fingers crossed* .