facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 28, 2011, 02:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default VERY worrying

Bangladesh has not played a Test Match for more than a year. With just 30 odd days to go until they embark on an important Test Series, away from home, they are still yet to even start batting, bowling or fielding in practice.

There has been no 4 -day cricket let alone 5-day Test matches recently either. Shakib is playing T20 (and a few 4-days), Tamim is only playing T20 as preparation for Test Matches. No other player is even playing any form of cricket.

Zimbabwe by contrast have been in their National Cricket Training camp (not fitness camp) for more than a month. They are well prepared and well drilled to made a big impression back into Test cricket. The entire nation realises the importance of this series.

My fear is that there has been no regard for the series in Zimbabwe and the players will be underprepared and lacking in any sort of match practice. Law doesn't arrive to coach until a week or two before they leave.

If Bangladesh LOSE the Test series to Zimbabwe it will be a complete disaster. Anything less than a full comprehensive win in the series for Bangladesh will set things back badly. Am I the only one who has worries over this?

Old June 28, 2011, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

after the fitness camp ends, a skill based training camp (batting, bowling, fielding) will start. then there is plans of BD vs BD a 4-day and 1 day matches. also BCB is trying to arrange a BD vs SA academy 4 day matches.

so not that much worrying
Old June 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
after the fitness camp ends, a skill based training camp (batting, bowling, fielding) will start. then there is plans of BD vs BD a 4-day and 1 day matches. also BCB is trying to arrange a BD vs SA academy 4 day matches.

so not that much worrying
And who exactly is coaching the batters, bowlers and fielding? There are no international standard coaching staff there, only domestic.

Secondly a game or two against the Academy is going to prepare for a TEST SERIES? Are you serious?

Zimbabwe have been planning for months for this series. BD hasn't started. What has been going on Since April?????
Old June 28, 2011, 02:23 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

batting is the big worry for me...dont think zim can do very good vs shakib in this form
Old June 28, 2011, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
And who exactly is coaching the batters, bowlers and fielding? There are no international standard coaching staff there, only domestic.

Secondly a game or two against the Academy is going to prepare for a TEST SERIES? Are you serious?

Zimbabwe have been planning for months for this series. BD hasn't started. What has been going on Since April?????
until LAW finishes his Sl mission and formalities he wont join. also appointment of bowling and fielding coaches will be now appointed after discussion with LAW.so probably we will now have no other option but let sarowar imran do the coaching.

and whatever preparation we are getting is not enough we all know that. its BCB's fault that they did not think earlier. anyway this under preparation is happening these days to lots of countries due to busy schedules and very little chance to get some rest.

at least our players got some rest and then gone under an extensive conditioning camp which will be useful in the long run.

also most of the teams are busy now except teams we played very recently and teams we will play soon
Old June 28, 2011, 02:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
until LAW finishes his Sl mission and formalities he wont join. also appointment of bowling and fielding coaches will be now appointed after discussion with LAW.so probably we will now have no other option but let sarowar imran do the coaching.

and whatever preparation we are getting is not enough we all know that. its BCB's fault that they did not think earlier. anyway this under preparation is happening these days to lots of countries due to busy schedules and very little chance to get some rest.

at least our players got some rest and then gone under an extensive conditioning camp which will be useful in the long run.

also most of the teams are busy now except teams we played very recently and teams we will play soon
We had April, May, June and July to play teams by arranging matches and training 6 months ago or earlier. Nothing.....

Regardless of whether Siddons was still here or a new coach, this is not an excuse.

If you sack the head coach you have to still organise cricket.

I am sorry "at least the players got some rest????????" These are professional cricketers and play less than any other Test team.
Old June 28, 2011, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Sarwar Imran will be the interim coach.

And also, we will get match practice on those type of wickets when we tour SA for a four day match against SA A. So all is fine.
Old June 28, 2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Sarwar Imran will be the interim coach.

And also, we will get match practice on those type of wickets when we tour SA for a four day match against SA A. So all is fine.
1. Sarwar Imran's coaching
2. A single 4-day match in South Africa in their winter, against an A side (not on ZIM's different pitches or any of Zim's bowlers)

Brilliant preparation. I feel much better now.
Old June 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, so do I. I mean, we are good enough to beat Zimbabwe not question, and this training Luden is providing is top notch stuff. Your being pessimistic
And most players are in good form, so inshallah, they will carry it on
Old June 28, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Also our cricketers aren't practising with bat and ball. Only physical practice is taken. I posted before about that players need batting and bowling practice at the side of physical. But some of our members criticised me.
Old June 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, so do I. I mean, we are good enough to beat Zimbabwe not question, and this training Luden is providing is top notch stuff. Your being pessimistic
And most players are in good form, so inshallah, they will carry it on
My posting was ironic... yours isn't.

I highlight what you said above as a point about understanding cricket. How can any player not playing cricket since April 'be in good form''?

With this attitude to cricket, and Stuart Law's messy appointment, the BCB not arranging practices after Siddons had gone, the media's lack of understanding on cricket - compared to Zimbabwe's national training program for the past two months, regular matches at home and coaching, a settled, stable staff, and a country determined to put Zimbabwe cricket back on the ICC map with a comprehensive win over Bangladesh.... and I see a complete disaster unfolding here. BD is sleepwalking into a disaster.

Let's return to this after that series if we can but what a shambles
Old June 28, 2011, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I think we are taking Zim series very lightly. Remember we are the one not practicing. Zim players have been training very hard for this series. They will give their best at this series. This wont be a walk in the park for us...
Old June 28, 2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I think we are taking Zim series very lightly. Remember we are the one not practicing. Zim players have been training very hard for this series. They will give their best at this series. This wont be a walk in the park for us...
In the same way BD prepared for NZ for 2 months and won 4-0. the Kiwis came in underprepared and only played one warm up match.

This is the exact reverse... worrying
Old June 28, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

We are stronger and our ranking is better than Zimbabwe for this our supporters are thinking Bangladesh will win easily. But ranking cann't bring result if it is possible we never win against better ranked teams. Zimbabwe will try with their best to win this test and ODI series. So without practising bowling, batting and fielding, we shouldn't dream to win easily.
Old June 28, 2011, 10:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

as far as Test preparation is concerned,ya we hv been out of Tests for a year but Zim have been out of Tests for a decade
Old June 28, 2011, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
My posting was ironic... yours isn't.

I highlight what you said above as a point about understanding cricket. How can any player not playing cricket since April 'be in good form''?

With this attitude to cricket, and Stuart Law's messy appointment, the BCB not arranging practices after Siddons had gone, the media's lack of understanding on cricket - compared to Zimbabwe's national training program for the past two months, regular matches at home and coaching, a settled, stable staff, and a country determined to put Zimbabwe cricket back on the ICC map with a comprehensive win over Bangladesh.... and I see a complete disaster unfolding here. BD is sleepwalking into a disaster.

Let's return to this after that series if we can but what a shambles
Lol, if I can't put my faith in Allah, then who shall I put it in? Pffft.

And your talking like this is a must win series against India or something.
Old June 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol, if I can't put my faith in Allah, then who shall I put it in? Pffft.

And your talking like this is a must win series against India or something.
I am afraid Allah doesn't coach the team. May as well not bother with coaches or practice if we cannot except responsibility ourselves for what we do.

And yes this IS a must win series if BD are serious about showing they are making progress. To lose to ZIMBABWE and slide down the rankings would be shocking. We are not in the same league as India. Our must win matches are against sides that we are meant to be better than, in the way Australia put BD to the sword.
Old June 28, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Nothing to be worried about. We have a 4 day game against Bangladesh A team before flying. 4 day game against SA A/Academy team. 3/4 day game against Zimbabwe A team before the only Test game.

This is more than enough for a one-off Test series.
Old June 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
as far as Test preparation is concerned,ya we hv been out of Tests for a year but Zim have been out of Tests for a decade
Zimbabwe have been out of Tests for 6 years as a self exile. But before this test they are taking preparation properly.
Old June 28, 2011, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am afraid Allah doesn't coach the team. May as well not bother with coaches or practice if we cannot except responsibility ourselves for what we do.

And yes this IS a must win series if BD are serious about showing they are making progress. To lose to ZIMBABWE and slide down the rankings would be shocking. We are not in the same league as India. Our must win matches are against sides that we are meant to be better than, in the way Australia put BD to the sword.
No, I meant that this is a must win series, but is merely Zimbo, not India (more difficult, unrealistic). And Allah guides who he wills, so the talent given is by Allah, and sorry, nothing on earth will change my stance on that.
Old June 28, 2011, 06:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
Zimbabwe have been out of Tests for 6 years as a self exile. But before this test they are taking preparation properly.
don't worry,we will attack with our spinners as usual
Old June 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

ekhon amader ki hobe LB bhaiaa... ekhon ki hobe??
Old June 28, 2011, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I do not think the players have been out of the game for that long that it would dramatically change results.. many of these players just concluded the NCL and properly being conditioned now after a hectic season.. It really isnt only the practice that will win for Zimbabwe.. its also the class of players they have, experience they have and the applicaiton of their skill sets under an international match that would matter. It didnt matter how much we practiced or prepared, we will still lose 7times out of 10 to Australia or South African because of the class of players they have... and the same thing goes for Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

These players are professionals and have been playing international cricket for a long time. They'ave been preparing after a break but players like Shakib, Tamim is in competitive cricket and wont be out of sorts when it matters... in fact, i dont think BD team will suffer that much because they will play against Rajshahi, BCB XI or South Africa team before they face Zimbabwe.

BTW: Coach Sarwar Imran is the best coach we have and under his guidance Bangladesh posted 400 runs in first innings on our fist test. He is a respected coach and was part of Pace Hunt programs, A team for many years. He is by no means less of a coach than other certified coaches around..Don't under-estimate him.
Old June 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
I do not think the players have been out of the game for that long that it would dramatically change results.. many of these players just concluded the NCL and properly being conditioned now after a hectic season.. It really isnt only the practice that will win for Zimbabwe.. its also the class of players they have, experience they have and the applicaiton of their skill sets under an international match that would matter. It didnt matter how much we practiced or prepared, we will still lose 7times out of 10 to Australia or South African because of the class of players they have... and the same thing goes for Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

These players are professionals and have been playing international cricket for a long time. They'ave been preparing after a break but players like Shakib, Tamim is in competitive cricket and wont be out of sorts when it matters... in fact, i dont think BD team will suffer that much because they will play against Rajshahi, BCB XI or South Africa team before they face Zimbabwe.

BTW: Coach Sarwar Imran is the best coach we have and under his guidance Bangladesh posted 400 runs in first innings on our fist test. He is a respected coach and was part of Pace Hunt programs, A team for many years. He is by no means less of a coach than other certified coaches around..Don't under-estimate him.
If Imran is the best coach in the entire country, then I look forward to witnessing many high quality players outside of the national team pushing through any moment. However, Jamie Siddons didn't think so.

Anyway, let's assume you are correct about BD cricket in safe hands with Imran. Let's assume you are right that the BD players are 'professional'. Let's assume that all the players have only just finished playing NCL. And let's assume that it doesn't matter who they play before Zimbabwe or how many matches they get.

If all the above is true, then there is not much point in paying foreign coaches, playing warm up matches against strong opposition, or practicing your cricket skills. That's because "It didnt matter how much we practiced or prepared'' according to you.

How DO you think players become better players then? Oh, to live in your innocent world!
Old June 29, 2011, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
No, I meant that this is a must win series, but is merely Zimbo, not India (more difficult, unrealistic). And Allah guides who he wills, so the talent given is by Allah, and sorry, nothing on earth will change my stance on that.
No point in any coaching then. It's all out of our hands. At least it explains why people don't accept responsibility for their results. I must remember to use that excuse next time I mess up and don't want to admit it.