facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 16, 2011, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

আসলে মোস্তফা কামাল আই সি সির ভাইস-প্রেসিডেন্ট হওয়ার জন্য পাকিস্তানের সমর্থন প্রয়োজন। আর তাই এর জন্য যেকোন কিছু করতে প্রস্তুত। এ জন্য ক্রিকেটারদের বিপদে ঠেলে দিতেও তার কোন দ্বিধা নাই।
Old November 16, 2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Pakistane gele ami sudhu chaibo amar playerra safe thakuk !!!! joi chai na kintu safety chai.
Old November 17, 2011, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Since we don't want & afraid for security so it would be better not to be sent our passionate players in danger.
Old November 17, 2011, 04:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
আসলে মোস্তফা কামাল আই সি সির ভাইস-প্রেসিডেন্ট হওয়ার জন্য পাকিস্তানের সমর্থন প্রয়োজন। আর তাই এর জন্য যেকোন কিছু করতে প্রস্তুত। এ জন্য ক্রিকেটারদের বিপদে ঠেলে দিতেও তার কোন দ্বিধা নাই।
Its a give and take relation.
You want something, you will have to give something back in return.

Bangladesh wants the top post of ICC, Pakistan wants international cricket to be returned to their country. Fair deal.

Going to Pakistan gives us two plus point, compared to One for them.
We get an overseas international tour AND the top post in ICC.

Pakistan just gets a gateway for international cricket to return to their country, and even is not confirmed.

If the Pakistan govt ensures top level security, I see no point why we should not go, given the circumstance.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Its a give and take relation.
You want something, you will have to give something back in return.

Bangladesh wants the top post of ICC, Pakistan wants international cricket to be returned to their country. Fair deal.

Going to Pakistan gives us two plus point, compared to One for them.
We get an overseas international tour AND the top post in ICC.

Pakistan just gets a gateway for international cricket to return to their country, and even is not confirmed.

If the Pakistan govt ensures top level security, I see no point why we should not go, given the circumstance.

The current situation of Pakistan isn't out of danger because in pakistan it is a regular affair blasting bombs anywhere and anytime.

They also said to SL giving security firmly but they failed.

It is more important safety of our cricketers than being ICC President. I don't find any cause to push our cricketers into danger. If anything causes like SL team, who will take the responsibility?

I also want to see international cricket in Pakistan as soon as posible when there will be safe. But not for personal interest.
Old November 23, 2011, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Bangladesh could tour Pakistan in 2012

Umar Farooq and Mohammad Isam
November 23, 2011

Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A

Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, is determined to bring international cricket back to Pakistan © Associated Press
Enlarge
Related Links
Teams: Bangladesh | Pakistan
Sites: Cricinfo ICC Site

The resumption of international cricket in Pakistan, which stopped after the attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore in March 2009, could be the by-product of a deal between the PCB and its Bangladesh counterpart over choosing the next ICC vice-president. The nomination rests with the two countries and Pakistan are reportedly ready to concede its right for an expected tour by Bangladesh in 2012.

The deal, however, is being explained in official circles as the conclusion of a gentleman's agreement that resulted in Pakistan's Ehsan Mani becoming the ICC president in 2003.

The ICC executive board, at its meeting in October, had asked the PCB and BCB to nominate a candidate for the vice-presidency for the 2012-14 term, in keeping with the rotational system. The nomination has to be firmed up by December 31, the ICC will discuss it in January and the appointment will be effective in June. The two board chiefs, Zaka Ashraf of the PCB and the BCB's Mustafa Kamal, have already held one - reportedly inconclusive - meeting in Dubai. They are due to meet again in Dhaka on the sidelines of Pakistan's tour in December.

For Pakistan, the benefits are clear: they are keen for international cricket to return to the country and Ashraf, barely a month into his job, has set that as his primary target - even at the cost of what will lead to the top job in international cricket. To that end, he has repaired relations with Bangladesh to an extent, from the frosty ties under his predecessor Ijaz Butt. The ties were strained after cancelled junior cricket tours to Pakistan and by Bangladesh not supporting Pakistan over the staging of matches during the 2011 World Cup.

On the face of it the deal is a formality. When, in 2003, the two boards agreed on Mani's candidature for the president's post, it was on the understanding that the next cycle would go Bangladesh's way. Even the mooted tour is not expected to be a problem; Bangladesh don't have any problems with travel to Pakistan - the national football team went there earlier this year for a World Cup qualifier - and the series is part of the ICC future tours programme, scheduled for April 2012.

Pakistan, however, has reportedly sought written assurance from Bangladesh that it will not backtrack from the understanding.
The bigger issue, however, seems to be a lack of clarity in Bangladesh. The BCB hasn't discussed it, nor has Kamal spoken to his directors about his meeting with Ashraf. BCB officials say they are wary of commenting since the decision will be taken at the highest political levels. Nor is there any unanimity on candidates for ICC vice-president, with several hats in the ring.
Kamal leads the way and seems to have his sights firmly on the job. A political appointment, like all his predecessors, he's also a Minister of Parliament (MP) and reasonably in favour with the top bosses of the ruling Awami League. Kamal's closest contender seems to be Saber Hossain Chowdhury, the former BCB president. Chowdhury, also an MP, has immense credibility as a cricket administrator - he ushered Bangladesh into Test cricket after overseeing their ICC Trophy win and securing their ODI status, and also brought in Gordon Greenidge as coach. However, his political clout has waned in recent times; he was once a close aide of the Prime Minister's but has been kept away from a ministerial role.

Also doing the rounds are the names of two Pakistanis - Mani, and former captain Majid Khan. Mani told ESPNcricinfo he had been contacted by officials from Bangladesh but it is believed the PCB has made no serious attempt to make contact with either; despite their strong CVs they remain long shots.

"I have no interest in seeking the post for a second time," Mani told ESPNcricinfo. "There are other very good people in Bangladesh and Pakistan and I am sure that if the right person is selected he would be a credit to both the countries.
"The important thing is that the two boards should ensure that their nominee has the right qualification and standing in the game and will act in the best interests of the game."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS
Old November 23, 2011, 05:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The candidate issue was an gentleman's agreement.
So Pakistan won't be doing a huge favour by accepting our guy.

As for tour is concerned, we should bargain a bit harder.
Fine with me if the boys go to Pakistan, given written assurance from the Pak Govt to provide Top VVIP security protocol.
In return, get another full home-away series from Pakistan outside the current FTP. That means 2 series, each of 3 tests, 5 ODIs and 2 T20.

We got a raw deal in the proposed FTP and its upto us to make sure we increase the number of games.

Then make Saber H Chowdhury the Cricket Supremo.
Him at the top of the helm, we can be rest assured of the diplomacy part of our cricket development.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 23, 2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
The candidate issue was an gentleman's agreement.
So Pakistan won't be doing a huge favour by accepting our guy.

As for tour is concerned, we should bargain a bit harder.
Fine with me if the boys go to Pakistan, given written assurance from the Pak Govt to provide Top VVIP security protocol.
In return, get another full home-away series from Pakistan outside the current FTP. That means 2 series, each of 3 tests, 5 ODIs and 2 T20.

We got a raw deal in the proposed FTP and its upto us to make sure we increase the number of games.
Agree.
Quote:
Then make Saber H Chowdhury the Cricket Supremo.
Him at the top of the helm, we can be rest assured of the diplomacy part of our cricket development.
Won't happen! Mr. Kamal is our PM's fav, not SHC.
I rather want Saber bhai as BCB boss
Old November 23, 2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Amader playerder kichu hiole to mostofa kamaler ki hobo!!!!!!!!!
Old November 23, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Pakistani extremists would really have it against BD for reasons known.
Old December 29, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

As far as i know we have a due test match against NZ.Matches were suppose to held before WC.When the test will happen?Can any one answer me?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 29, 2011, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Pakistani extremists would really have it against BD for reasons known.
That I disagree with. However, any visiting team can be a high value target, and these terrorists don't care what religion their victims are as long as they get their frag count up.
Old December 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
As far as i know we have a due test match against NZ.Matches were suppose to held before WC.When the test will happen?Can any one answer me?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I'm taking a guess here. I believe it'll be in May/June of this year. I read it in cricinfo some time back.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 9, 2012, 04:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Fear pervades Pakistan tour
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh cricketers are concerned about the proposed tour of Pakistan due to security fears.

"When all the teams have turned down the offer to tour Pakistan because of ongoing security concerns, then why are we showing interest?" questioned a national cricketer on condition of anonymity.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Sunday requested the government to send a security team to Pakistan to evaluate the security arrangements ahead of Bangladesh's tour planned for April, but the players believe that the board should talk with them first before making a decision, since it is their safety that is at stake.

"We are really concerned, especially our family members are very keen to know what is going on with this tour. You know we have been getting bad news almost every week from Pakistan. If I'm not wrong, an attack even took place on a naval air force base near Karachi's National Stadium, so how can you feel comfortable with this proposed tour," said another cricketer.

"It would be really nice if the board took the opinion of the cricketers which many countries have done," he added.

A senior member of the national team however wants to see what will actually happen in the end.

"It is true that security is a big issue when you think about a tour to Pakistan but I think it's too early to say anything right at this moment. Let's see what happens," he opined.

Sources close to the board informed that the foreign staff of the national team also harbours reservations about the proposed tour to Pakistan but they were also waiting for official confirmation before making a comment.

"I don't know what the reason is behind the tour but security must come first. How you can play cricket with fear in your mind?" queried another concerned player.

Since the attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in 2009, Pakistan has failed to persuade any Test team to visit their country and that's the reason the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is desperately looking to revive international cricket in their country with the visit of Bangladesh.

Pakistan has not hosted international cricket since 2009 as their team have been playing their 'home' series either in the United Arab Emirates or England or New Zealand.

The BCB however promised to send a security team when PCB president Zaka Ashraf visited Dhaka last month and after that news have been coming from Pakistan that they are all set to give full-proof security to the Bangladesh cricket team.

"Since we have a scheduled tour on the Future Tours Programme, that's why we promised to send a security team before making any decision. We are more concerned than the players about their security and safety. I think it's too early to say anything because we are yet to decide anything," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus.

Source :- The Daily Star
Old January 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

Allah amader playerder bachao...
Old January 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Glad the player(s) are speaking up.
Old January 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

If the players don't tour Pakistan, will they still tour the UAE as per the FTP?
Old January 25, 2012, 03:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
If the players don't tour Pakistan, will they still tour the UAE as per the FTP?
Just putting A$$ between U and Me .. ***-U-ME

Since, this is a part of FTP, the series should continue in UAE, even if we refuse to go Pak.

But I thought you were the master of FTP ...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old January 25, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

If I was the master of the FTP, I would ensure Bangladesh played 15 tests a year, 30 ODI's a year, and tour England every 6 months

Old January 25, 2012, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
If I was the master of the FTP, I would ensure Bangladesh played 15 tests a year, 30 ODI's a year, and tour England every 6 months

is it cuz u live there or because u think we can whoop them
Old January 26, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
is it cuz u live there or because u think we can whoop them
I live here, and I would love nothing more than to be able to watch them every so often in action live
And I believe Bangladesh can beat England, it's just a matter if the players themselves believe

Old January 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Good to see several players all expressing and verbalizing their fears. They are absolutely right. I think in the end sanity will prevail, and the BCB will pull out of this. Especially if Loitta's candicacy gets shut down.

In any case, should BCB give a green light, the players should refuse to go. BCB will have no choice but to back out.
Old February 17, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Good to see several players all expressing and verbalizing their fears. They are absolutely right. I think in the end sanity will prevail, and the BCB will pull out of this. Especially if Loitta's candicacy gets shut down.

In any case, should BCB give a green light, the players should refuse to go. BCB will have no choice but to back out.
Do you think our players have that much of freedom in our kind of hierarchy??
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 18, 2012, 05:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

5 ODI's against SL in March 2012. Is it postponed? Or is it gonna take place?
Old March 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
5 ODI's against SL in March 2012. Is it postponed? Or is it gonna take place?
It's been postponed or cancelled, SL play England starting 26th march.