facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2011, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am saying this for a while like a broken business. The selectors should recognize by now that this recycle business (of old reject) too soon is not working.... it didn't worked .... and it will not work unless we do the following:

1. When someone if dropped from the team of 14/15 due to performance issue, there should be some when they should bring them back. There should be some waiting period, and there should be some clear sign that he regained his form back for extended period of time.

2. When they bring a new player (or old player who regained form) in the final 14, that means they have confidence that that player gained his right in the team. In that case the selectors should be more patient with that player for couple of series before sacking him again.

3. When (more or less)the whole team is not performing . scapegoating the new player in the team is dead wrong.

4. We need substitute player now... for each and every player.

5. There is no need for a permanent VC for our team. that will give us more flexibility.

Finally and more importantly,

5. Desperate time requires desperate steps. Selectors need to take more risk and bring more new blood in the team. When all establish players are struggling (Tamim, Rahim, Riyad, Sakib, Imrul) and when all recycle rejects are failing to take the opportunity (Ashraful Alok, SN), and on the other hand when most of the new players are getting some kind of success (Nasir, Nazimuddin, Sunny) the choice should be pretty straight forward.

Otherwise we are all screwed.... the team, the coach, the players, the selectors...the BCB, the fans... the entire Bangladesh cricket community will continued to be screwed.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

fazal mamu ekdom thik bolsen! ei desher cricketer ki keu bhalo chay na (barring the fans)?
Old December 9, 2011, 09:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
fazal mamu ekdom thik bolsen! ei desher cricketer ki keu bhalo chay na (barring the fans)?
amar-o mone hoy setai...He hit it right on the head.
Old December 11, 2011, 05:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

I have a doubt that they have actually any process to select the team. They just go after the name.
Old December 11, 2011, 05:50 AM
Test Cricketer

By the way, Who select the selctors in Bangladesh ?? BCB, I know, but who is the person or person's to give appoinment of selectors ?? Board president ??
Old December 11, 2011, 05:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

+1 for bringing in Nazimuddin. No one was expecting him to play against Pak. Job well done here otherwise sucked badly so far

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 11, 2011, 06:13 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
+1 for bringing in Nazimuddin. No one was expecting him to play against Pak. Job well done here otherwise sucked badly so far

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
i wouldn't even give the credit of nazimuddin to them..nazumudin was a long shot by them which worked,i dont think even they believed it would work..This selectors are totally clueless..they have been long servant of BD cricket and without any of them BD cricket wouldn't have been here but there is a time when you should forget about ur past work and start a new one..they should stay 500 miles away from Bangladesh cricket..
Old December 11, 2011, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

oi nadz, they only brought in nazimudddin because ar kono opener nai and nazimuddin was also in form. na parte korse, it wasn't a work of genius
Old December 11, 2011, 09:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

i have no respect left for these guys since the selection of Ashraful... that was a pathetic example of selection inconsistency... now they will drop him again for second test only to pick him after two more series. This cycle of dropping and picking has continued long enough. It's high time to look for another batsman.

Sending Nasir up the order was a mistake as well. This guy is a kid so the best option would have been to let him settle down lower down the order and when he matures to push him up the order.
Old December 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
i have no respect left for these guys since the selection of Ashraful... that was a pathetic example of selection inconsistency... now they will drop him again for second test only to pick him after two more series. This cycle of dropping and picking has continued long enough. It's high time to look for another batsman.

Sending Nasir up the order was a mistake as well. This guy is a kid so the best option would have been to let him settle down lower down the order and when he matures to push him up the order.
You have to be a complete and utter moron to keep selecting Ashrafool

1 pathetic run in 2 innings, im sure we have 16 year olds who can score a lot more
Old March 5, 2012, 11:44 PM
Test Cricketer

নির্বাচকদের দল বদলে দেওয়ার কাজটাও করেছেন স্বয়ং বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মুস্তফা কামাল। বিসিবির দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার পর থেকেই কামাল নির্বাচকদের কাজে হস্তক্ষেপ করাটাকে ‘নিয়ম’ বানিয়ে ফেলেছেন। নির্বাচকেরা কাল সকালে দল জমা দেওয়ার পর সারা দিন কেটেছে বোর্ড সভাপতির অনুমোদনের অপেক্ষায়। নিরাপত্তাব্যবস্থ দেখতে পাকিস্তানে গিয়েছিলেন, সেখান থেকে ইংল্যান্ডে চলে গেছেন কামাল। সূত্র নিশ্চিত করেছে, পাকিস্তানে থাকার সময়ই তামিমকে বাদ দিতে বলেছিলেন। নির্বাচকেরা রাজি না হওয়ায় ইংল্যান্ড থেকে নিজেই দল বদলে দেন তিনি।

Source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...06/news/230337
Old March 5, 2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I don't buy this bullshit....

If this is true, why haven't Akram, Nannu or Habibul resigned in protest?
Old March 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

In my opinion, Selectors should be given full freedom to select the team. If board president interfare everytime, in that case we donot need to pay these selectors.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
In my opinion, Selectors should be given full freedom to select the team. If board president interfare everytime, in that case we donot need to pay these selectors.
Where is the proof the Board President interfered? All I see are rumors. None of the three selectors is exactly hard up for cash, so if they are being ignored, why haven't they quit?

They aren't young cricketers afraid of losing their livelihoods....so I don't buy it.
Old March 6, 2012, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Where is the proof the Board President interfered? All I see are rumors.
It's a known fact that Kamal interferes with the selection. It came out for good during the whole 'Rock Quit Scene'. The reason Selectors had to wait so long to declare the squad is because Kamal was away in Pakistan, so the final squad could not be announced without official approval from Kamal.

Quote:
None of the three selectors is exactly hard up for cash, so if they are being ignored, why haven't they quit?
That may be true but they still are working along side our cricket. And until Kamal is gone if they want to continue working for Bangladesh cricket, they will have to play by his rule. Bashar walked out on Bangladesh cricket once and he had to suffer, you really think he's going to do that again?
Old March 6, 2012, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

^^ If one or two news papers wrote something and other doesn't then I'll tell it may be false or misleading information. But if the news comes from many sources including, Prothom-alo , daily star, ESPNCricinfo and so on ..... I will take it as "something happend". They all quoted telephone discussion with Chief selector. Akram khan yet to claim it's false.

The kind of person Mostafa Kamal is, he is capable of altering "selectors team".

Just my thoughts.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

So I'm going to believe what you guys are saying, and instead of cursing Kamal - I'm going to go after the real culprits in all this, the 3 selectors.

Selling out the country to protect their own patch - and enabling Kamal. Why not hold a press conference and speak the truth? If the truth is too hard, why not resign on principle - but give some bullshit excuse...yet they've said and done NOTHING.

You guys are probably right, it's just I think journalists in this country are the lowest of the low. Worse than politicians.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:23 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

+1 for droping ash
Old March 6, 2012, 01:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I don't buy this bullshit....

If this is true, why haven't Akram, Nannu or Habibul resigned in protest?
If they resign protesting Kamal's decision, then they will be called Sissy by fans and critics. That's what I gathered.

"Onnai er prothibad koratai Onnai"
Old March 6, 2012, 02:13 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
+1 for droping ash
+1 for dropping Nafees
Old March 6, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

why will they be called sissies MoC bhai? they will be called brave
Old March 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

The selectors should address Bodna's interference and might as well call a press conference. BCB has given them the title of selectors and they should have ultimate authority to choose the squad, of course with the consultation of the coach and captain. But the ultimate decision should come from the selection panel. Akram and co. should speak out.

As President, Bodna has no right in modifying the squad. I believe his job is to oversee finances, development and organization of cricket. Not selecting squad.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

akram khan is the worst chief selector we've ever had. rafqiul alam ke faltu bolsilam but ei beta tar cheye aro onek beshi faltu. kothar sathe kajer kono mil nai. eta naki abar test cricket khelse.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

we need 3 different panels for 3 formats. amader selectorra Test ar ODI er difference ta bujhe na. T20 to matro koyekdin aagei shuru holo.

T20 bhalo korle Test e chance dei. Test e bhalo korle abar ODI te chance but dekhena otar List A performance kemon.
Old March 6, 2012, 01:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib & Tamim

Disappointing to not see Tamim in the mix. Surely it was just a matter of patience from selectors and fans in a revitalisation of his form. Another question. Why was Junaid Siddiquie not selected. He played well with a few good knocks in recent BPL? He was in good nick and probably gained much needed confidence from the tournament.