facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 5, 2011, 01:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Default CAN iPAD 2 REPLACE MY LAPTOP ?

I need a good internet and portability since I travel a lot. My official work is limited to MS office & Adobe acrobat reader/editor etc. Can iPad 2 fulfill my requirements of routine office work? if yes then I can go for it. Anyone who has a first hand knowledge of using and iPad 2, may please put your honest opinion about it. I have read quiet a few reviews online, but failed to understand if iPad 2 can replace my laptop for all official purposes.

Well for my photo and video editing or other personal heavy duty usage I can use a seperate laptop at home.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 5, 2011, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Not if you want to natively handle MS file formats or you want to edit PDF files (via acrobat). Read only is fine or you'll have to load it in Google doc format, edit, and migrate back. You'll lose some in translation. Then again, since this all depends on having solid internet connectivity, you might want to see if migrating to MS Office Live will suit your office needs. I still do not see a solution to the acrobat issue. Do remember, do not consider the iPad to be a self-standing computing device. It is NOT a computer.
Old August 5, 2011, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Pretty much what Z said.

There are iWork apps which are supposed to be compatible with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But I haven't tested how compatible they are, and I personally can't edit anything worth editing without a real keyboard.
Old August 5, 2011, 01:06 PM
Street Cricketer

No, you will get tired of it after using for a few weeks.
Old August 5, 2011, 05:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

and if u need to write something on a dvd then u r not... lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old August 5, 2011, 11:06 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

i am using ipad 1.... and i can say its really great for internet, emails etc but not for work related stuff. there is no easy way to put files other than going through itunes. Its still an awesome device for entertainment purposes and gaming though
Old August 6, 2011, 12:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Banfan da, you totally can but only if you do the DRM-free mp3s xpz-15 on the motherboard of square root of 65536 is 256 Mb Gigabyte Trillion mega hartz sustem tool Optimum Intel 4 inside with LAN digitech micro fibre DOS microdoft with it which might cost you a little extra but it should work fine with your current IBMkeyboard.
Old August 6, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Something's been bugging me bhais...it's this iPad thing...one more A and it would have been IPaad means ami paad dei....in Bengali...Apple company khub insensetive kaaj-ta korlo ei machine-er naam Ipaad die...Bangladesh/West Bengal market-e ei shobdota grohonjoggo noi. Eta khub kharap/.
Old August 6, 2011, 01:51 AM
Club Cricketer

can iPads play Call of Duty:Black OPs :p ?
Old August 6, 2011, 11:12 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

why would you wanna play black ops on a touch screen portable device?... but there are serious games available though: Dead Space, NFS and Battlefield Bad Company 2
Old August 6, 2011, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

An Ipad can replace your ipod touch, nothing else
Old August 6, 2011, 04:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Something's been bugging me bhais...it's this iPad thing...one more A and it would have been IPaad means ami paad dei....in Bengali...Apple company khub insensetive kaaj-ta korlo ei machine-er naam Ipaad die...Bangladesh/West Bengal market-e ei shobdota grohonjoggo noi. Eta khub kharap/.
One and Only BK bhai
Old August 6, 2011, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

iPad 2 can't do anything but web browsing. That too can not be done with multi browsing ie listen
Infg to YouTube while browsing banglacricket. Cool for web browsing though. I might buy a windows based tablet later for my purposes. This is typed from an iPad 2 btw.

But for travel lung it is not iPad that's cool, it is 4g internee connection. I have Verizon Myfi and it clocks almost 12 Mbps. Anywhere. I carry that in my pocket and use whatever device ie iPad wifi to connect to Myfi. It's Fast!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old August 6, 2011, 09:16 PM
Cricket Legend

With iPad wifi u can connect to Myfi and video chat with your wifey. U can also show her pictures of your girlfriend in iPad.

Old August 6, 2011, 11:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks everyone, then I wait for iPad 3
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 7, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

I hear after the successful marketing of first iPod and then iPaad, Apple is now getting ready to release iPatla just for Dhaka/BD/Kolkata.
Old August 7, 2011, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks everyone, then I wait for iPad 3
How is that gonna help? I think you can do most of the things that u need to but itnwill takensome getting used to thats all.

Old August 7, 2011, 03:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Not if you want to natively handle MS file formats or you want to edit PDF files (via acrobat). Read only is fine or you'll have to load it in Google doc format, edit, and migrate back. You'll lose some in translation. Then again, since this all depends on having solid internet connectivity, you might want to see if migrating to MS Office Live will suit your office needs. I still do not see a solution to the acrobat issue. Do remember, do not consider the iPad to be a self-standing computing device. It is NOT a computer.
Thanks a lot.

Which product can solve that problem of PDF editor and office application? MOTOROLA XOOM?

Or do you suggest sticking to conventional laptops only, for office works? Even that Mac Books will have same problem of PDF editors.
Old August 7, 2011, 03:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
How is that gonna help? I think you can do most of the things that u need to but itnwill takensome getting used to thats all.

If getting used to is the problem, then I would try that. But it seems to have limitations of appropriate programs unlike windows based products.

I hope they will look into this areas in iPad 3...just hoping.......dont know if they will ..
Old August 13, 2011, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Just as Z bhai said. No, its not a substitute for a COMPUTER. Its a fun device. Its fun when you are traveling, browsing, playing games ( if u r into it ). That's pretty much it. I love it though.