facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 4, 2011, 10:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin
Default Why is our bowling getting worse??

Our bowling strength is going downhill, it was same in aussie series after world cup. Was our bowling this bad the last time we toured zimbabwe?? It was just awful to watch today. Ian pont was with this team for 7 months but im sorry to say i cant see any improvement to our bowling attack, its actually getting worse.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Old August 4, 2011, 10:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Without a coach, u can't ask to more. Wtg bcb

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 4, 2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We never really had any good bowlers other than Mashrafe in his prime, Rafique and now Shakib. Shahadat is a bowling version of Ashraful, Shafiul and Rubel were always going to be ordinary for at least a while given how raw they were when first brought into the squad. Actually, scratch that, they were always going to be ordinary regardless, because Mashrafe started with very little experience and was much better than these guys. Keyword "was" - he isn't any more.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old August 4, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ Sarwar Imran is working as a bowling/Assistant coach AFAIK...
Old August 4, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Not enough first class cricket. And if you think Im continually hammering that point, you're right.
Old August 4, 2011, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

when you miss key performers and spearheads (masrafe and shahadat).......

when you keep playing on players unfit for a certain format (Abdur Razzaq)

when you depend on three newish players (shafi, rubel and robiul) who still dont have any good track record in test matches, only some glimpses of performances once in three months which makes us rate them as broad anderson bresnan, but we have to realize they are not even half close to the likes of ishant praveen sreesanth. seriously, except few matches here and there i have mostly seen shafi and rubel bowling wrong lines and lengths depending on pitch, thats why they have high Econ in ODI's and very low SR and AVG in tests.

finally when best key bowler (shakib) goes flop

all these happened together

and finally well done Zimbabwe. Test cricket is all about playing with the correct mindset. zimbabwe had the correct mindset , they were determined to implement their plans and they were successful. can our batsman do that ???? that will be interesting to see
Old August 4, 2011, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Just imagine if it was against Shewag or other attacking Batsman. Zimbabwean batsman left many balls but Shewag and others would punish both good and bad delivers
Old August 4, 2011, 06:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

so much for that dyeing that hair theory
Old August 4, 2011, 06:54 PM
Street Cricketer

Yeah, terrible. They haven't played much competitive cricket. If your not getting wickets you should be building pressure. There was no pressure because after a few dot balls there would be a loose delivery.

Academies and training won't make a difference, they have to increase the volume of QUALITY cricket they play. Test tours may not be possible however send them on 3 "A" tours a year - England, South Africa/Australia and India/Sri Lanka - even if its the national team dressed up as an A team. I know they did this to South Africa, which is good, but every 3-4 months I would like to see the A team plating either home or away.

The BCB should see it as an investment, even if its expensive, as they play better opponents they will get better, then they will attract more sponsors and more money, also it will encourage other countries to play against them, hence more TV rights

Look at Zimbo's preparation against South Africa A and Australia A.

Lets be brutally honest, there are better bowlers playing club cricket in all the other countries then the ones in the bangladesh team, they wouldn't make first class teams anywhere, except shakib of course.
Old August 4, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Lack of talent , willness to work hard

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 4, 2011, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its pertty simple as this: In our NCLs, fast bowlers are not used. They bowl only few overs and spinners come in. Hence, you see that Rasel, Shahadat like key players dont even get teams in the premier leagues and get the lowest pays amongst national players. Mashrafee is diffefernt. Add to that our low bounce pitches..

When our system dont allow you to bowl full quotas, you cannot expect these bowlers to be experienced in Test Cricket. However, you have to accept the fact that Shahadat was going to be a ky bowler and he is out, Rasel has been unfit for some time and Mashrafee is pretty much retired from Test Cricket... We have 3 of the primary bowlers not available and for a country like Bangladesh,, thats pretty much all we had. Shafiul will not be able to continue his run as his physique is probably the worst amongst today's fast bowlers,, even Shreshanth has better body than him!! Rubel and Robiul are learning but I am not too optimistic about how much cricketing brain they really have to make an international impact..

All in all, wait for Alauddin Babu like next generation to come over who can take over. We will be suffering for the next couple years like India or Zimbabwe..
Old August 4, 2011, 11:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

You can't play a test match with all rookies.

Yet, I'm sure Shafiul and Rubel will set HSC on fire today. Stamps and catches will be all over the stadium.

By the way, we missed three chances yesterday. if fielding is poor, what can the bowlers do?
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 4, 2011, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You can't play a test match with all rookies.

Yet, I'm sure Shafiul and Rubel will set HSC on fire today. Stamps and catches will be all over the stadium.

By the way, we missed three chances yesterday. if fielding is poor, what can the bowlers do?
Bowl more consistent line, length thats what they can do! Not give the worst short pitched deliveries, thats what they can do, have some pace variation, thats what they can do
Old August 4, 2011, 11:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Bowl more consistent line, length thats what they can do! Not give the worst short pitched deliveries, thats what they can do, have some pace variation, thats what they can do
Yes, all those will create chances, but what if you drop catches?
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 5, 2011, 01:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Some people are saying that bowling coach is not there. That's the reason for going downhill for the bowlers. I really don't agree.

They had Ian Pont for quite a few months. Lawson worked with them for a few days apart from working with the academy boys. Where did the learning go?

Shafiul and Rubel has been playing for quite a some time for the national side. I don't see they are using their experience at all. You are meant to improve when you are playing and getting experience. No coach can stand beside you all the time tell you how to deliver each ball.
Old August 5, 2011, 01:22 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Not enough first class cricket. And if you think Im continually hammering that point, you're right.
this is a key factor.

In one day cricket you only have to bowl 10 overs in two spells. As the batsman wants to score runs they take a lot of chances and hence the bowlers have to work less hard for their wickets. Bowlers like Rubel and Shafiul have come to grips with ODI cricket... they no how to keep the runs down with a spread out field and get the occasional wicket.
But test cricket is entirely different. You have to play a patient game here bowling a consistent line and length and force the batsman to make the error. Simple doa durut bowling won't help here. Shafiul probably thought if i consistently bowl wide of off stump sooner or later zimbabwe batters are going to flash at one. That didn't happen. Did we have a plan B? we didn't because the bowlers aren't used to earning wickets through patient spells

all this boils down to lack of domestic 3 day, 4 days games where the bowlers really learn their skills for the longer version
Old August 5, 2011, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

it wasn't bad. they kept the runs in check. and they have come back well today
Old August 5, 2011, 12:07 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Our bowling strength is going downhill, it was same in aussie series after world cup. Was our bowling this bad the last time we toured zimbabwe?? It was just awful to watch today. Ian pont was with this team for 7 months but im sorry to say i cant see any improvement to our bowling attack, its actually getting worse.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Hang on a sec... while I was there there was HUGE uplifts in the bowling attack buddy.

You cannot blame me for what's happened after I left. I left April 1st which was 5 months ago. You gotta blame the coaches that followed me, or haven't carried on my work.
Old August 5, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Hang on a sec... while I was there there was HUGE uplifts in the bowling attack buddy.

You cannot blame me for what's happened after I left. I left April 1st which was 5 months ago. You gotta blame the coaches that followed me, or haven't carried on my work.
My observation is this is due to lack of match practice for longer version and players not following what they learned!!!

Last edited by WarWolf; August 5, 2011 at 04:31 PM..
Old August 5, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
My observation is this is due to match practice for longer version and players not following what they learned!!!
Yeh at the very least, if they carried on the training drills that Pont introduced, they would not be in this mess.

Our management is complete dud, they just want to leave everything to the next coach.
Old August 5, 2011, 07:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

BD bowlers should learn from malinga and his variation.Bowlers aren't just to bowl at batsman.They needs to find out batsman weakness and change their variation according to situation.Most of the Bd bowlers just bowls out side off stump,leg side ,middle stump and sometimes easy short pitch balls.Which doesn't bother batsman once they get used to with pitch.
A good bowler should be able to ball aggressive short pitch balls,YORKER,slow delivery,in swing , out swing and straight middle stump delivery chance to get LBW . This should be done in an over and continiously in few overs so batsman can't get settle.Test match isn't ODI or T20.In test match you don't expect batsmans to make too many mistakes BUT you made them to make mistakes and BD is poor at it.Untill our bowlers learn those technique we will never able to take 20 wickets consistantly against G8.

This is my personal analysis about BD bowlers and a good bowlers.Exp : Shafiul vs Malinga
Old August 6, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwide
Lets be brutally honest, there are better bowlers playing club cricket in all the other countries then the ones in the bangladesh team, they wouldn't make first class teams anywhere, except shakib of course.
Nahh, the Bangladesh slow bowlers are better than anyone in Australia (lol Beer. Lol Krezja. Lol Hauritz). Shaiful and Rubel are about Sheffield Shield level in my opinion.

But, yeah, a nice long tour of anywhere, involving half a dozen first-class games, would do them good.
Old August 6, 2011, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Without a coach, u can't ask to more. Wtg bcb

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
How can one slide downhill? R u telling me these bowler are so stupid that they forgot whatever was taught to them and they need constant supervision like a toddler?
Old August 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

Also its clear that Shafiul is NOT a strike bowler material. Didn't learn anything from the World Cup debacle.
Old August 6, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Also its clear that Shafiul is NOT a strike bowler material. Didn't learn anything from the World Cup debacle.
All of these young bowlers will learn. Some will learn fast and some will a bit slow. Dont worry bro.