facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 21, 2011, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players
Thumbs up BCB Challenge Cup

Tigers to start training for WI series on September 8

The Bangladesh Cricket Board, heavily criticised for failing to provide the national players enough practice hours before the calamitous Zimbabwe tour, has decided to start the training camp on September 8, a month before the Tigers play the next series.

Bangladesh will face West Indies in October to defend their Test and one-day series they won in 2009.

The Tigers have already surrendered the other Test series that belonged to them when they were beaten by Zimbabwe by 130 runs on the just-concluded tour.

The BCB was widely criticised for not being able to give enough opportunities to the players to train before the Zimbabwe tour. They were also unable to convince South Africa for a brief tour and decided against paying an additional $30,000 demanded by Zimbabwe for the team’s arrival in Harare two days earlier.

‘We don’t want to leave any stone unturned

regarding preparation for the West Indies series,’ Sabbir Khan, cricket

operation manager of the BCB, told New Age on Sunday.

‘The camp will start shortly after the Eid vacation on September 8 and it will be followed by the BCB Challenge Cup, a one-day tournament, to be contested by the national team, the Bangladesh A team and the GP-BCB Academy side from September 14-23,’ said Sabbir.

‘This will provide the players of the national team with an opportunity to play five one-day practice matches. In between we will also hold an the skills training camp so that the players can make maximum preparations,’ he added.

‘Apart from that we have asked coach Stuart Law to submit his plans for the team so that we can also arrange one or two four-day games before the series,’ said Sabbir.

Skipper Sakib al Hasan is likely to miss a large chunk of the preparation camp as he is expected to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament from September 23 to October 9.

As there is no flight from Bulawayo due to the pilots’ strike, the Bangladesh team is expected to return home via Harare on August 24 at 3:00am without their foreign coaching staff who will be off on holiday.

Coach Stuart Law and fielding coach Jason Swift will go back to Manchester while conditioning trainer Grant Luden will return to South Africa where he is expecting to get married.

Physio Bibhav Singh will also go to South Africa. All members of the coaching staff are expected to return before the training camp starts.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/30821.html

This is a great step BCB is taking here. It gives all the players a chance to showcase their skills and push each other for spots on the team. Hope coach Law also brings up some players if he feels they're ready. Looks like we'll be more prepared for the WI tour.
Old August 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Finally! This is something that India has done on a few occasions in the past as part of its preparation for international series. We should do it every year.
Old August 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

this is great..we should sometimes also arrange A tours in our country like what Zim did with aus and Sa A...and shakib why man?...give urself a little rest
Old August 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

this is really good trying by bcb to get south africa to play in bangladesh , bnagladesh should try more these with team like england , south africa these teams also they should invite ireland to play in bangladesh or in ireland ,
Old August 21, 2011, 06:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Finally! This is something that India has done on a few occasions in the past as part of its preparation for international series. We should do it every year.
every year? we should do it every series...what else would we do? oh yeah i forgot, play soccer so that our lead test pacer can get injured again.
Old August 21, 2011, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I mean the Challenge Cup should be a regular fixture. Sure, we need practice matches before every series, but they need not be official and a formal tournament may not be financially feasible assuming that there's enough prize money thrown into such a fixture. I'm guessing that isn't the case here though.
Old August 21, 2011, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I mean the Challenge Cup should be a regular fixture. Sure, we need practice matches before every series, but they need not be official and a formal tournament may not be financially feasible assuming that there's enough prize money thrown into such a fixture. I'm guessing that isn't the case here though.
my vote is for every series...BCB should market this. With the top three levels of cricket, this represents the best players in the country. I think they should throw the U-19 team in there and make it a quadrangular. U19, A team, Academy all play less than they should. It also gives the coaches and selectors a chance to see all of the top 50 players in the land in a context as good as you can get it.

i'm sure sponsors can be found out and the games televised locally.

i'd rather have a tournament of 4 day games instead of 5 relatively meaningless 50-over affairs.
Old August 21, 2011, 07:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The A team won't be available in november because they have a series against the WI A and in january they play the England Lions. So they won't be available all the time. But whenever they do get opportunities, they should play each other whenever all the teams are free.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old August 21, 2011, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

good initiatives ............

we must include some three days or at least two days game
Old August 23, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

it took them a loss against zim to figure this out? anyways, it's good that we will have enough preparation before the wi tour to bd
Old August 23, 2011, 10:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I am with ATMR this should be a regular fixture in September. And should be televised as this will put some added pressure on players so they will play proper cricket not picnic cricket if you know what I mean.
Old August 23, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Super like this idea..I hope that Law gets to see other talents that we have to offer..
Old August 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Super like this idea..I hope that Law gets to see other talents that we have to offer..
Like Rokibul
Old August 23, 2011, 10:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Like Rokibul
God forbid
Old August 23, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

what about Mash? When he will be available again?
Old August 23, 2011, 12:34 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
what about Mash? When he will be available again?
He supposed to get back in December (various newspaper sources).
Old August 23, 2011, 12:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Like Rokibul
Drama r talent naki onno kichu?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Tigers to start training for WI series on September 8

The Bangladesh Cricket Board, heavily criticised for failing to provide the national players enough practice hours before the calamitous Zimbabwe tour, has decided to start the training camp on September 8, a month before the Tigers play the next series.

Bangladesh will face West Indies in October to defend their Test and one-day series they won in 2009.

The Tigers have already surrendered the other Test series that belonged to them when they were beaten by Zimbabwe by 130 runs on the just-concluded tour.

The BCB was widely criticised for not being able to give enough opportunities to the players to train before the Zimbabwe tour. They were also unable to convince South Africa for a brief tour and decided against paying an additional $30,000 demanded by Zimbabwe for the team’s arrival in Harare two days earlier.

‘We don’t want to leave any stone unturned

regarding preparation for the West Indies series,’ Sabbir Khan, cricket

operation manager of the BCB, told New Age on Sunday.

‘The camp will start shortly after the Eid vacation on September 8 and it will be followed by the BCB Challenge Cup, a one-day tournament, to be contested by the national team, the Bangladesh A team and the GP-BCB Academy side from September 14-23,’ said Sabbir.

‘This will provide the players of the national team with an opportunity to play five one-day practice matches. In between we will also hold an the skills training camp so that the players can make maximum preparations,’ he added.

‘Apart from that we have asked coach Stuart Law to submit his plans for the team so that we can also arrange one or two four-day games before the series,’ said Sabbir.

Skipper Sakib al Hasan is likely to miss a large chunk of the preparation camp as he is expected to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament from September 23 to October 9.

As there is no flight from Bulawayo due to the pilots’ strike, the Bangladesh team is expected to return home via Harare on August 24 at 3:00am without their foreign coaching staff who will be off on holiday.

Coach Stuart Law and fielding coach Jason Swift will go back to Manchester while conditioning trainer Grant Luden will return to South Africa where he is expecting to get married.

Physio Bibhav Singh will also go to South Africa. All members of the coaching staff are expected to return before the training camp starts.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/30821.html

This is a great step BCB is taking here. It gives all the players a chance to showcase their skills and push each other for spots on the team. Hope coach Law also brings up some players if he feels they're ready. Looks like we'll be more prepared for the WI tour.

Bravo BCB. Calling LBW...

can't really observe if you have to submit plans.. can you?!!
Old August 23, 2011, 12:40 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Posting again,

I am with the academy boys. For the first time in my life, I want the NT boys to lose badly!
Old August 23, 2011, 12:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Drama r talent naki onno kichu?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Kun diner khobor

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

It's a good initiative but we should take place this type of tournament before Zimbabwe tour rather than play football in sea beach where our players got injured. It would be better to schedule four day matches where every teams play against each other and finally take place a final. This is how it will be a competative tournament and our player can prepare for Test matches.
Old August 23, 2011, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

It's an excellent initiative and I hope it happens before every series...with proper sponsors and also telecasted on national channels....this will actuallly give an opportunity to ALL the players to compete and prove themselves and who knows we might get more players like Shakib Al Hasan or even better....a pacer cum batsmen allrounder.....hope this is executed well....

I would have been happier if Mash got better before the WI series....then with Rubel/Shafiul/Mash....it would have been great!!
Old August 23, 2011, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
every year? we should do it every series...what else would we do? oh yeah i forgot, play soccer so that our lead test pacer can get injured again.
playing soccer or swimming or whatever else are important activities in our preparation. what would you rather have. our players sitting and collecting bhuris because they are all too soft. our players just need to play and train with more skill to avoid injuries. unfortunately, they grow up learning bad habits or maybe we Bangladeshis are just softees.
Old August 23, 2011, 01:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
It's an excellent initiative and I hope it happens before every series...with proper sponsors and also telecasted on national channels....this will actuallly give an opportunity to ALL the players to compete and prove themselves and who knows we might get more players like Shakib Al Hasan or even better....a pacer cum batsmen allrounder.....hope this is executed well....

I would have been happier if Mash got better before the WI series....then with Rubel/Shafiul/Mash....it would have been great!!
alaudin babu is our greatest hope of a pacer allrounder but we need to nurture him for a couple more years to prepare him.
Old August 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
alaudin babu is our greatest hope of a pacer allrounder but we need to nurture him for a couple more years to prepare him.
hope he becomes one!