facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 21, 2011, 08:31 PM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096
Default Remembering Bangladeshi cricketers

This thread is dedicated to players who once played in the National team , have retired or were discarded and forgotten.
Everyone is welcome to add a player ( pic + cricinfo link ) and then others can talk about the last player mentioned.

I'll start :



Manjurul Islam
Before Mashrafe came, Manjurul and Shanto spearheaded our pace attack.
INACTIVE since 2004

Last edited by Crisis; August 22, 2011 at 06:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 21, 2011, 08:45 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is online now
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,723

oh how i dearly want to add this cricketer into this list
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 21, 2011, 10:36 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
This thread is dedicated to players who once played in the National team , have retired or were discarded and forgotten.
Everyone is welcome to add a player ( pic + cricinfo link ) and then others can talk about the last player mentioned.

I'll start :



Manjurul Islam
Before Mashrafe came, Manjurul and Shanto spearheaded our pace attack.
when i first started watching BD criket it was GM nowsher prince, Jahangir Talukder Dulu and a young Saiful Islam the bowlers for BD.

Dulu and Prince were at the end of their career and soon anisur rahman become saiful's opening partner. also Khaled mahmud was knocking around

at that time bd had one of their best u-19 team that had players like Biddyut, Opi, Rokon, Sajid hasan, Zakaria (akram khan look a like), Atiar Rahman, Mustadir litu, Hasibul Hossain Shato, Morshed ali khan sumon, Sajal chowdhury, Rahul etc.

Sajal chowdhury first made a breakthrough and he and anis partnerd saiful in a tournament where BD played the subcontinent A teams ..... we beat india by 1 run where rafique bowled an excellent last over.

sajal chowdhury could not prolong his career as shanto broke into the side. he and saiful was now our main bowlers. Morshed ali khan sumon also played some games.

the next batch of pacers came from the next batch of u-19s ...... monjural islam, shafiuddin babu and bikash ranjan das. when saiful's career was over monjural made his mark. also bikash and shafiuddin babu had their time. also alamgit kabir, mofizur rahman munna were some other names.

then we saw the intake of tapash and mushfiq babu followed by mashrafe, talha jubair and shahadat ............

well its a long long story
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 21, 2011, 10:58 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,773

damm offstump u have good memory...
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 21, 2011, 11:43 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Didn't we have a pace bowler name Aminul Islam Bhola or something like that? I think he played just 1 or 2 ODI's and that was it.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 22, 2011, 12:26 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
when i first started watching BD criket it was GM nowsher prince, Jahangir Talukder Dulu and a young Saiful Islam the bowlers for BD.

Dulu and Prince were at the end of their career and soon anisur rahman become saiful's opening partner. also Khaled mahmud was knocking around

at that time bd had one of their best u-19 team that had players like Biddyut, Opi, Rokon, Sajid hasan, Zakaria (akram khan look a like), Atiar Rahman, Mustadir litu, Hasibul Hossain Shato, Morshed ali khan sumon, Sajal chowdhury, Rahul etc.

Sajal chowdhury first made a breakthrough and he and anis partnerd saiful in a tournament where BD played the subcontinent A teams ..... we beat india by 1 run where rafique bowled an excellent last over.

sajal chowdhury could not prolong his career as shanto broke into the side. he and saiful was now our main bowlers. Morshed ali khan sumon also played some games.

the next batch of pacers came from the next batch of u-19s ...... monjural islam, shafiuddin babu and bikash ranjan das. when saiful's career was over monjural made his mark. also bikash and shafiuddin babu had their time. also alamgit kabir, mofizur rahman munna were some other names.

then we saw the intake of tapash and mushfiq babu followed by mashrafe, talha jubair and shahadat ............

well its a long long story
Excellent, and thanks for reminding all the old memories.
Jahangir Shah Badshah is one pacer, who had the right attitude on field and very hard working. Although he wasn't exposed to all these modern day coachings, served us very well. Together with Prince...
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Excellent, and thanks for reminding all the old memories.
Jahangir Shah Badshah is one pacer, who had the right attitude on field and very hard working. Although he wasn't exposed to all these modern day coachings, served us very well. Together with Prince...
actually i never saw him playing .......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:14 AM
habfreak's Avatar
habfreak habfreak is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid
Posts: 1,456

Darn Offstump. good memory! Now Can you do a similar recap with our spinners? Start with Sharfuddoulah Shoikot and Plabon LOL
__________________
Fast bowling is all about character and attitude. You have to have the attitude of bowling fast and hitting people. So for most of the Sub-continent the problem remains in the attitude." (Aqib Javed)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:33 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Md. "All-rounder" Sharif was considered to be a top prospect after his tour of Southern Africa with the team, that's how much we sucked in the pace department, until Mashrafe debuted against Zimbabwe. I was there live.

Ekei baule "bhat-mara" ...
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:38 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118


http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56074.html
what a start he had to his international career but alas!! he is only 27 but discarded , his SR got better of him
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:48 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Half-volley and full-toss blockers like Rajn are always there to infect our team right alongside brain-farters like Ashraful and Aftab. Rkibul was Rajn 2.0 and "prospect" Myskur is Rajn 3.0.

GOD have mercy on us so that we may NEVER see players like Saleh in top flight ever again!
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:50 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Half-volley and full-toss blockers like Rajn are always there to infect our team right alongside brain-farters like Ashraful and Aftab. Rkibul was Rajn 2.0 and Myskur is Rajn 3.0.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:54 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118


http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56255.html
played only one ODI scored 42 vs wi THEN CALLED UP FOR A TEST AND DISCARDED after failure
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 22, 2011, 02:57 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

^ ... I remember this bhodai well. Add Alamgir Kabir and Mushfik "All-rounder" Babu to the list.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:02 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
oh how i dearly want to add this cricketer into this list
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:03 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is online now
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
^ ... I remember this bhodai well. Add Alamgir Kabir and Mushfik "All-rounder" Babu to the list.
yeah i also remember..he played in the same game where alok kapali scored that majestic 89
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:05 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118


http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/55982.html
KHALED MASUD"S replacement after 2003 WC failure
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:06 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Guys I'd like see in this thread ASAP:

1. Motin

2. Mofees

3. Imroze

4. Imrul

5. Nayeem

6. Rokibul

7. Razzak

8. Mysukur (oops, he's not in the team yet).
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Guys I'd like see in this thread ASAP:

1. Motin

2. Mofees

3. Imroze

4. Imrul

5. Nayeem

6. Rokibul

7. Mysukur
MAN !! IMRUL is just out of form.be kind to him.

mysukur?? dont discard him before seeing him
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 22, 2011, 03:16 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
MAN !! IMRUL is just out of form.be kind to him.

mysukur?? dont discard him before seeing him
I've seen too much of both already. Imrul Kaedge has HaBatitis without the luck, and Mysukur has fatal and contagious Rajinitis.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old August 22, 2011, 06:24 AM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

I don't remember Mohammad Salim at all! He must have been in and out of the team rather quick

Don't remember Anwar Hossain either. It seems he had a good knock of 42 in his first and only ODI. Shouldn't have been disacrded that quick!

Yeah, I remember the shaved-headed Rajin Saleh. His average in Tests look good m should have let him stay in the Test team only.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old August 22, 2011, 06:37 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,862

Talha Jubair... What happened to him?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old August 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,685

First ever i saw any Bangladeshi in action was Jahangir Dulu with his left arm pace.He was a mediocre but i was impressed with Golam Nowsher Prince.He was a real swinger of the ball.He just came to bangladesh in wrong time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old August 22, 2011, 06:59 AM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096


Hasibul Hossain Shanto
Shanto is one of the fatest ballers we have produced. I particularly remember his heroics during the Test match we had vs MCC in which he was close to wrapping up the match and winning it for us. His line and length suffered badly later on in his career and he was dropped.
INACTIVE since 2004
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 22, 2011, 07:52 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Md. "All-rounder" Sharif was considered to be a top prospect after his tour of Southern Africa with the team, that's how much we sucked in the pace department, until Mashrafe debuted against Zimbabwe. I was there live.

Ekei baule "bhat-mara" ...
thanks Sohel bhai .... i could not remember Sharif's name he talha and mashrafe were the trio of pacers in our u-19s which also had another extremely talented player named ashraful.

i went to watch an india u-19 vs bd u-19 game. india u-19 hade, dhawan, uthappa, raina, vrv singh, piyush chawla in their team. although i felt mashrafe and talha were better bowlers sharif along with ashraful made the national team very soon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket