facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2011 News

BC Coverage of tour:

BD in ZIM, 2011

Bulletins | News | Squads | Schedule/Results | Articles | Statistics | History

Please post the related news and pictures in this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Zunaid; June 29, 2011 at 04:33 PM..
Old May 18, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Thursday, May 19, 2011Sports

Nat'l camp from June 4

Sports Reporter

The national cricketers will start their fitness training from June 4 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

The Akram Khan-led new national selection committee will pick a 30-member preliminary squad for the camp in their first assignment. The camp will be conducted under the guidance of trainer Grant Luden for the Tigers next assignment against Zimbabwe in July-August.

“We will consider the performers for the camp, especially the national league performance will come under consideration. But we will focus on those players who have a chance to play for the national and A team,” said Akram.

Shakib Al Hasan's men will play one Test and five one-day internationals during their month-long tour in Zimbabwe.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=186270
Old May 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Zimbabwe switch focus to fast bowlers
ESPNcricinfo staff
May 17, 2011

Zimbabwe are re-adjusting the focus of their bowling attack from spin to seam in preparation for their return to Test cricket against Bangladesh in August. Spinners have increasingly become Zimbabwe's mainstay in limited-overs cricket, but national coach Alan Butcher believes that in order to be successful in Tests good fast bowlers are a necessity.

"We are working with about 14 fast and medium-fast bowlers hoping that they will be fine-tuned to get them ready for the Test matches," Butcher told The Independent in Zimbabwe. "In the limited-over games we would get away with playing three or four spinners and one fast bowler but for the Tests we will need more of the fast bowlers.

"We have a number of young bowlers that we have brought in and we will have to fast-track some of them so that they are ready for our first Test against Bangladesh. It is a big challenge and Test matches are more challenging but we are confident we can get them ready well in time."

Before the series against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe will face Australia A in two four-day matches and a one-day tri-series also involving South Africa. Butcher pointed to the first-class games, in particular, as being vital to Zimbabwe's preparations for home Tests against Bangladesh, New Zealand and Pakistan.

"If we win those matches then it means we will be well ready for the Bangladesh Challenge. They [Australia] selected a very strong squad, never mind the 'A' tag, and if we can win against such a team I am sure we will be able to beat Bangladesh. We will also play a triangular 50-over series that will include South Africa and it will be important that we compete because these are two very strong teams that we will be facing."

Chris Mpofu, Shingi Masakadza and Ed Rainsford are Zimbabwe's senior fast bowlers, but they were away on national duty for much of last season and in their absence a younger crop of largely untested seamers has come to the fore, some of whom could well feature in Zimbabwe's Test plans.

Tendai Chatara, a 20-year-old seamer with both pace and movement at his disposal, topped the Logan Cup wicket tables with 55 scalps at 17.69. Chatara has already played for Zimbabwe - in a Twenty20 against India last year - but it is his commendable first-class record that will grab the selectors' attention.

Also in the running for a Test debut is Matabeleland Tuskers allrounder Keegan Meth, who does not have Chatara's pace but whose control and ability to move the ball brought him 54 wickets at the eye-catching average of 13.31 in nine first-class games last season, culminating in the extraordinary match figures of 13 for 109 in the Logan Cup final, won by Tuskers.

Ian Nicolson, probably one of the fastest bowlers in the country, appeared out of his depth against South Africa in October but had a strong domestic first-class season. Tuskers' Njabulo Ncube has developed into a skiddy, attacking fast bowler and, though he did not play any first-class cricket last season, Kyle Jarvis could yet force his way back into national reckoning. Jarvis, 22, bowled with impressive pace before picking up a stress fracture in his back before Zimbabwe's trip to the Caribbean early last year. After a lengthy rehabilitation, Jarvis secured a club contract with Burwell in the East Anglian Premier League and was then picked up by Essex to play in their Second XI, starting impressively against MCC's Young Cricketers.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/515628.html
Old May 18, 2011, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Thursday, May 19, 2011Sports

Nat'l camp from June 4

Sports Reporter

The national cricketers will start their fitness training from June 4 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

The Akram Khan-led new national selection committee will pick a 30-member preliminary squad for the camp in their first assignment. The camp will be conducted under the guidance of trainer Grant Luden for the Tigers next assignment against Zimbabwe in July-August.

“We will consider the performers for the camp, especially the national league performance will come under consideration. But we will focus on those players who have a chance to play for the national and A team,” said Akram.

Shakib Al Hasan's men will play one Test and five one-day internationals during their month-long tour in Zimbabwe.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=186270
Well this is a good sign by the selectors, focusing on new talents...
Old May 18, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Hope the likes of Shuvagoto, Nasir, Anamul, Shabbir, Noor are selected in the preliminary squad. Training with the national team players, facilities and the new coaching staff will do them a lot of good.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:04 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Hope the likes of Shuvagoto, Nasir, Anamul, Shabbir, Noor are selected in the preliminary squad. Training with the national team players, facilities and the new coaching staff will do them a lot of good.
According to Akram, they (selectors) are not going to pick Academy players like Anamul. Not sure about others though.
I thought Nasir is with the Academy!
Old May 18, 2011, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

According to Kaler Kantha Akram Khan said that he is worried about #4.That means isnt Riyad interested to play at #4?If so then its a big problem for us.Why Riyad dont want to play at upper middleorder?Is he weak against semi new ball and pace?If Riyad not interested then we can think of:
1.Mushy
2.Kapali
3.Naeem
4.Rock
5.Ash !!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 18, 2011, 09:32 PM
Cricket Sage

^^ I think he was talking about Test. Riyad will be batting at 4 in ODIs.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

my test XI

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Mushfiq
Naeem
A spinner
Rubel
Shahdat
Shafiul

No point taking batsmen like Junayed, Rock, Ash who are waste of space. Nafees recent performance has earned him a chance back to test. Mahmudullah is probably our only original test batsman so he is good. Mushfiq, Shakib, Naeem are more than capable of resistance if needed. Looks like a strong all round attack. We need 3 pacers! Shahadat, Rubel, Shafi will do great together! We can add another spinner maybe Sajib, Enamul. I would even take Razzaq because he is Zimbabwues worst night mare even at day time
Old May 18, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
my test XI

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Mushfiq
Naeem
A spinner
Rubel
Shahdat
Shafiul

No point taking batsmen like Junayed, Rock, Ash who are waste of space. Nafees recent performance has earned him a chance back to test. Mahmudullah is probably our only original test batsman so he is good. Mushfiq, Shakib, Naeem are more than capable of resistance if needed. Looks like a strong all round attack. We need 3 pacers! Shahadat, Rubel, Shafi will do great together! We can add another spinner maybe Sajib, Enamul. I would even take Razzaq because he is Zimbabwues worst night mare even at day time
I actually like that XI and add Enamul in there and that's my test XI. I disagree with you about Zunaed though. In ODIs, yes he's inconsistent but in tests last year the guy hit a 100 against England at home and then hit 2 50s against England in Lord's. SN is the better man at the #3 but at the opener's spot his record is better then Imrul. I wouldn't mind if he's there instead of Imrul at opener. And would rather have Shuvo in there then Sajib.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I actually like that XI and add Enamul in there and that's my test XI. I disagree with you about Zunaed though. In ODIs, yes he's inconsistent but in tests last year the guy hit a 100 against England at home and then hit 2 50s against England in Lord's. SN is the better man at the #3 but at the opener's spot his record is better then Imrul. I wouldn't mind if he's there instead of Imrul at opener. And would rather have Shuvo in there then Sajib.
U know as much as I do they are not gonna drop Imrul. So no point thinking about it. Shuvo is also good I forgot about him. Although it's best if u can shape up Razzaq. He is a very attacking bowler, if he can improve on his test skills it will be beneficial for us

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 18, 2011, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
U know as much as I do they are not gonna drop Imrul. So no point thinking about it. Shuvo is also good I forgot about him. Although it's best if u can shape up Razzaq. He is a very attacking bowler, if he can improve on his test skills it will be beneficial for us

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Well I was responding to your point that Zunaeds a waste of space and I said otherwise. He should be a lock for tests because we still lack quality test batsmen. And if he's a better option for tests then imrul, then why not have him play instead of imrul? And razzaks bowling is gonna continue to be like this. He's always been an ODI type bowler and it won't change. So might as well groom other spinners.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 18, 2011, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Well I was responding to your point that Zunaeds a waste of space and I said otherwise. He should be a lock for tests because we still lack quality test batsmen. And if he's a better option for tests then imrul, then why not have him play instead of imrul? And razzaks bowling is gonna continue to be like this. He's always been an ODI type bowler and it won't change. So might as well groom other spinners.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Imrul will get better. we knew him as a defensive player. Suddenly he turns more aggressive than Tamim! Shows he has the capability in him to play at different style. Junayed had a bad A tour. So it doesnt make sense to include him at all... Give him time, see if Imrul works good, play some early NCL matches, if Junayed improves than we can give him a shot against West Indies or Pakistan.

Well about Razzaq, i guess now is the best time to experiment his test position. I agree, let other player try
Old May 19, 2011, 12:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Dal bhaat ar gorur mangsho'r chorbi gulo khub tara tari jhere felte hobe...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 19, 2011, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Well seen as though SN has a tag of minnow basher, he should go for the hell of it.
Old May 19, 2011, 02:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I'm going to be going for a radical move...my love of youth and the obsession to find a teenage genius means...

my Test XI (XV follows):

Imrul
Tamim
Shahriar
Anamul
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
Mushfiq
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel

Shuvo
Razzak
Junaid
Alok
Old May 19, 2011, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm going to be going for a radical move...my love of youth and the obsession to find a teenage genius means...

my Test XI (XV follows):

Imrul
Tamim
Shahriar
Anamul
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
Mushfiq
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel

Shuvo
Razzak
Junaid
Alok
You basically picked the stock team bar anamul and a few changes to the player roles.
Old May 19, 2011, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Dal bhaat ar gorur mangsho'r chorbi gulo khub tara tari jhere felte hobe...
সুখের দিন খতম!
Old May 19, 2011, 03:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

We should not take them lightly though.
This should be our chance to prove that we are far ahead of those who are below us and the only way to improve is to play with those above us.
Complacency, we could be in trouble.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 19, 2011, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

rinath you can't be serious about Zunaed. After Tamim he was our second best batsman in Tests last season. And he has done enough to get a recall to the ODI squad as well.

ODI XV:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Alok Kapali
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain
Rubel Hossain

Zunaed Siddique
Shuvagoto/Nasir/Dhiman
Sohrawardi Shuvo
Syed Rasel

Test XII:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Shahriar Nafees
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Naeem Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain

Sohrawardi Shuvo
Old May 19, 2011, 07:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Ok, so here's a question to the Bangladeshis here from an interested but not particularly well informed observer, how do you rate your chances in this series? Without wanting to sound complacent or dismissive to the Zimbabwe side you guys should clean sweep this, or at least not lose a game, shouldn't you? Or have I been inhaling too many fumes from passing cars?
Old May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Imrul will get better. we knew him as a defensive player. Suddenly he turns more aggressive than Tamim! Shows he has the capability in him to play at different style. Junayed had a bad A tour. So it doesnt make sense to include him at all... Give him time, see if Imrul works good, play some early NCL matches, if Junayed improves than we can give him a shot against West Indies or Pakistan.

Well about Razzaq, i guess now is the best time to experiment his test position. I agree, let other player try
A bad A team tour? The guy was the highest scorer out of both the teams. He averaged a 53 with a SR of an 82. Yes he could have turned that 96 in to a match winning 1 but then compare him with our other batsmen. Shamsur, Nazim, and Jahurul were lucky to last 10-15 deliveries. And like Equinox said, he was 1 of our best batsmen in tests last year. I believe he should be back in both ODI and test teams.
Old May 19, 2011, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

maybe take shuvagoto, dhiman has put his hand up to get a chance as the keeper batsman. as far as spinners go i prefer looking for someone from the younger generation rather than razzak especially in tests, i guess shuvo or sajib are in line atm, but shaker ahmed has been impressive and it's not unlike selectors to go for someone off just a couple of impressive performances (though i expect shaker to be a long run option in 2-5 years). if they are to bring in a new allrounder then nasir is the choice, the others need more time to develop i.e. sabbir (has an impressive start but hasn't kept it up) and mahmudul (hasn't shown any of his potential really) etc. too early for anamul, i'm sure he will contend for a spot in years to come but let him develop first, we still have rahim and dhiman, let's not forget mithun ali has an impressive start, not to say mithun ali won't be any good but he had a great start and is struggling now.
Old May 19, 2011, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Whatever be the XI, I just want a comprehensive win. Simple as that.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 19, 2011, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

This is my test team

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Zunaed Siddique
4. Shahriar Nafees
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Shafiul Islam