facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 8, 2011, 10:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Law surprised by Shakib sacking

Stuart Law's first tour in charge of Bangladesh was disappointing © BCB
Enlarge
Related Links
Analysis : Shakib's sacking raises questions
News : Shakib 'surprised but not shocked'
News : Shakib and Tamim stripped of leadership roles
Players/Officials: Stuart Law | Shakib Al Hasan
Teams: Bangladesh

Stuart Law, the Bangladesh coach, has said he was surprised by the removal of Shakib Al Hasan as Bangladesh captain. Law, who joined the team in late July, has had a tumultuous start to his tenure with Bangladesh losing the one-off Test and the ODI series in Zimbabwe last month. Law said he was not consulted about the decision to sack Shakib and vice-captain Tamim Iqbal and that it had been taken not just based on the on-field performance of the team in Zimbabwe.
"It was a surprise," he said. "The cricket board has made a decision so we have got to run with it. I was not [consulted] but I was on leave, so I was not contactable at the time. The board has made a decision not just based on events in Zimbabwe but, from what I understand, some other ongoing situations."
The BCB had said there had been reports of indiscipline surrounding Shakib and Tamim which had been part of the reason for their removal. Shakib had always had an uneasy relationship with the board and selectors, having initially refused the captaincy and later questioned team selection more than once. Law, however, said Shakib and Tamim had the support of their team-mates. "I've observed that the Bangladesh dressing-room is no different than any other I've been involved in. Captain and vice-captain are basically the leaders of the group. They have the respect of the players and they dish out their respect as well.
"What you guys have been told and what is being reported is far from the truth about what's going on inside the dressing room. From what I've seen, they are a very disciplined bunch of boys. They enjoy a good time and they're allowed to. We're dealing with very young men in that dressing room and they should be given their chance to grow up."
Law also said the performance in Zimbabwe did have positives, since Bangladesh won the last two ODIs, and previously uncapped players Nasir Hossain and Shuvagoto Hom both impressed.
"While we didn't perform well in Zimbabwe, it steadily improved. We unearthed two youngsters who came in and did a great job. There's a lot of positive things that came out. The feeling has definitely been good."
Bangladesh have not named a new captain yet, and Law believes it could be any one of "six people". He said whoever the captain was would have the full support of the team and would find having Shakiba around to be an advantage. "Cricket teams run themselves. It is the captain who makes the decisions but very rarely will he make it by himself. He'll consult his players out there. It is great to have a guy like Shakib in your locker for advice in the field. That's going to be a positive."

source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/531598.html
Old September 8, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Dhori maachh na chhui pani. Well that was the right response from the coach.
Old September 8, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Looks like is pa is right.. Only based on the report of head delegation of that series they took that decision..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 8, 2011, 12:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

This chief of delegation (Shafiqur Rahman Munna) is one of the culprit to sack Shakib. He is the chairman of Field and pitch management committee. He should be sacked from BCB due to his failure
to make sporting pitch and turf in the country. Chief of delegates should not be in players lounge during a match!!
Old September 8, 2011, 01:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=201687
=====================================
Stuart Law, much like anyone who would be associated to Bangladesh cricket for less than two months, was left surprised to see Shakib Al Hasan losing his job as Bangladesh captain.
But the Tigers' coach realised that it wasn't just the series loss to Zimbabwe that contributed to the change of guard at the top but a string of events that led to this situation.
“It was a surprise. It is very difficult to see my own reaction but inside I knew I was very surprised with the news. The cricket board have made a decision, we have got to run with it,” he said yesterday, after the national side completed their first fitness session since the end of the Zimbabwe tour, ahead of the West Indies series next month.
Law said that there was a “hypothetical” mention of what might happen if Shakib isn't the captain during the Zimbabwe tour but he didn't find any clear indication that the all-rounder would be sacked from his post.
“You have so many talks and so many discussions. [I am] new to the job, seeing how things work so it was never really mentioned this is what needs to be done.
“There were a lot of hypotheticals, if Shakib wasn't captain who would be captain, that sort of thing regarding injuries. Those were some of the discussions we've had. But this is a total surprise,” said Law.
But the former Australian cricketer confirmed that he wasn't consulted before Bangladesh Cricket Board took the quick call during Monday's meeting. It is often that the coach is asked for his opinion before such a big decision is made.
“I wasn't [consulted] but I was on leave. So I was uncontactable at the time. The board has made a decision not just on events in Zimbabwe but from what I understand from some other ongoing situations,” he said.
Law however was adamant that he had talked about the chief of delegations and selector sitting inside the dressing room during the Zimbabwe tour with the other players, but they didn't force him into taking any action. Rather, Law claims, he was surprised to see the two sitting within the confines of the players' refuge.
“It's not so much that I had a problem with it. I saw the players' reaction when things were being said.
“I'm different but it's the first time I've ever seen head of delegations and selectors in the dressing room for every part of the game and every minute of the day. I think the players need their sanctuary and it's the dressing room.
At the hotel, we're surrounded by press. At the dressing room, we're surrounded by other pressures other than what we have to deal with. The players need some space so that they can gather their thoughts and start planning to go out and play better cricket. Rather than be surrounded by pressure all day everyday. It's unfair in any book.
“It wasn't the fact that the players said, 'Come here, you have got to get them out'. I observed what was going on, I spoke to the players and they said, 'If you can get them out, maybe it'll be better for us.' It was a group decision.
“I have nothing against the guys that were in the dressing room. They have nothing but the best interests of the players at heart. They didn't realise their presence was putting a lot of pressure on them,” explained Law.
While he wouldn't have to deal with this issue for at least another year, Law had other major changes coming up, starting with the new captain, who Law believes could be any among six possible players. “There are a lot of good players, good minds and passion for the game and country. I think you could choose any one of six people to do that job,” said Law.
Shakib and Tamim, removed from their posts as there had been reports of indiscipline surrounding them and questions raised about their lack of involvement with their teammates but Law has a different opinion regarding the issue.
"I've observed that the Bangladesh dressing-room is no different than any other I've been involved in. Captain and vice-captain are basically the leaders of the group. They have the respect of the players and they dish out their respect as well.
"What you guys have been told and what is being reported is far from the truth about what's going on inside the dressing room. From what I've seen, they are a very disciplined bunch of boys. They enjoy a good time and they're allowed to. We're dealing with very young men in that dressing room and they should be given their chance to grow up," explained the Australian adding that Shakib has done good job as a captain

=============
I hope that the truth will come out. BCB made a stupid decision based on a junk report compiled by a moron.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am beginning to like Mr. Stuart Law. He is honest, direct, but also a lot more diplomatic perhaps than his predecessor. But, he is new, and only time will tell how long it is, before he too loses it with the bufoons running BCB.
Old September 8, 2011, 02:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/32522.html

Sakib’s sacking surprises Law

Deposed Bangladesh captain and vice-captain Sakib al Hasan (R) and Tamim Iqbal (L) share a light moment as paceman Rubel Hossain looks on during the team’s training session at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Thursday. — New Age photo

=================

Bangladesh coach Stuart Law said he was surprised to see Sakib al Hasan being sacked as captain but hoped the decision would not hamper progress of the national team. Speaking to reporters at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Thursday after the first practice session of the Tigers ahead of the home series against West Indies, Law also defended his decision of requesting head of delegation Shafiqur Rahman and visiting selector Habibul Bashar to leave the dressing room during the Zimbabwe tour. Law, who arrived in Dhaka on Wednesday, also cleared the smoke about a reported argument between him and now deposed vice-captain Tamim Iqbal over a training session in Zimbabwe. Here are the excerpts of his conversation with reporters.
Q: Were you consulted before removing the captain?
Law: Look, I wasn’t consulted because I was on leave. Probably I was not contactable at the time. The board has made a decision not just for what had happened in Zimbabwe but from what I understand some other ongoing situations. They have made a decision and we just got to get on with it and play good cricket.
Q: When did you hear the news?
Law: I read it on e-mail a couple of days ago.
Q: What was your reaction?
Law: I was a bit surprised. It is pretty difficult to see one’s own reaction but inside I knew that I was very surprised by the news.
Q: How was the dressing room environment in Zimbabwe?
Law: I have observed it’s no different to any other dressing room that I have been involved. The captain and the vice-captain are the leaders of the group. They had the respect of the players and they did share their respect as well. From what you guys were told or what’s been reported it’s far from truth from what’s going on inside the dressing room. What I have seen is that they are a disciplined bunch of boys. They enjoyed good time but they were allowed to and it’s part of growing up. We are dealing with some young men in the dressing room and they got to be given their chance to grow as well. Yes, we didn’t perform well in Zimbabwe but it steadily improved. We got two youngsters who came in and did a great job. There are a lot of positive things that came out of the dressing room. The feeling since I have been involved with the team the dressing room atmosphere has always been good.
Q: What about the head of delegation’s complaint about not letting them enter the dressing room?
Law: I did not have so many problems with it. I just saw the players’ reaction when things have been said and look I am different obviously to a lot of things. This is the first time I have seen the head of delegation and the selector being in the dressing room for every part of the game and every minute of the day. It’s new. I just believe that the players need some sanctuary to get away and the dressing room is their sanctuary. In the hotel we are surrounded by press. At the dressing room when we get there we were surrounded by other pressures other than what we had to deal with. Players just need to have that little bit of space just to get away with what is actually happening so that they can gather their thought and start planning, so that they can go and play better cricket. It’s been unfair for anybody.
Q: Did the players tell you to request them not to enter into the dressing room?
Law: It wasn’t the fact that the players have come and told me that you got to get them out. It wasn’t that. I observed what was going on. I spoke to the players and they said ‘look, if you can get them out maybe it will be better for us’. It was never a fact that someone came to me and said that mate they must go. It was a group decision and I have got nothing against the guys inside the dressing room. They have got nothing but the best interest of the players at heart and they just wanted the boys to play good cricket not quite realising that their presence in the dressing room was putting a lot of pressure on them.
Q: It was reported that the players misbehaved with you in the dressing room. Is it true?
Law: I am not aware that the players were bad with me.
Q: Is it true that Tamim Iqbal had an altercation with you regarding the practice.
Law: It was a dressing room talk and there was no malice. We just had a conversation and it was done and dusted within a very short time.
Q: Don’t you think it’s unusual to change the captain and the vice-captain at the same time?
Law: To be honest in international cricket anything can be tried with injuries and certain decision that has been made can be better for the players as well. At any stage you can change a captain and a vice-captain. I don’t think it’s going to interrupt the progression of the team. You know the new guy who comes in will have the full support of the dressing room.
Q: Do you think you have got the chance to start a new journey with a new captain?
Law: You can look it that way, but with Sakib we could learn a lot as the partnership progresses which had already started. Now we have to start again so you can look at it that way as well. In cricket field basically they run themselves. The captain makes the decision but very rarely the captain is the one who makes the decision all by himself. He will consult his playing partners out there. So that will still be the same, the new guy will ask for a lot of advice and it will be great to have a guy like Sakib in the locker room for the new captain to ask for advice while on the field and that is going to be a positive.
Q: Have you seen anyone with the captaincy material?
Law: There is a lot of good players and a lot of good cricket minds and with lot of passion for the game and for the country. I think you can choose any one from the six people to do that job.
Q: How do you rate Sakib as a captain?
Law: Look, what he has done...his performance has improved and only good players can do so because it’s a tremendous pressure. Specially now being here this probably is the biggest pressure cooker out for a captain in world cricket. After captaincy he took it on and has done a very good job.
Q: Your advice for Sakib?
Law: Enjoy. Enjoy not having to deal with this [press] every five minutes. Enjoy the release of pressure. Go and play even better cricket. That’s what I am going to say to him...just think of it as a great thing. For some people this [captaincy] becomes a burden to have this thrust upon them. Now he is free to play cricket and not have to be scrutinised for everything. It can work that way and it can be positive for him.
Q: Are you embarrassed with the overall situation?
Law: It’s not an embarrassment for me. I am here to make the boys play better cricketer. Let the cricket board do the hiring and firing
Old September 8, 2011, 03:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Wha will bcb do now????

Bunch of yellow journalist Der paile juta diye pitatam.%$&?*$!/&$#&%

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 8, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

^ Inqilab said coach broke code of conduct. Donno whats gonna happen.
Old September 8, 2011, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Nothing surprising, that's what was expected. Coach had to be diplomatic. He didn't have any other options, did he? So he balanced both side by accepting the decision in the same breath.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 8, 2011, 04:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

weather

আবহাওয়া: ঢাকা
তাপমাত্রা: ২৭ সে | আর্দ্রতা: ৮৯% more

muhammad ali
muhammad ali |
সাইন আউট |
bangla font problem
facebook fan page
twitter follow

Banner

প্রচ্ছদ
আজকের পত্রিকা
ফিচার পাতা
বিশেষ সংখ্যা
সার্কুলেশন
প্রথম আলো ট্রাস্ট
সহযোগী প্রতিষ্ঠান
বিজ্ঞাপন
ই-পেপার

শিরোনাম:
• ভারত অদূরদর্শিতার পরিচয়দিয়েছে • ‘সাকিব দায়িত্ব ভালোভাবে পালন করেছে’ • বিনোদন,পড়াশুনা,কম্ পিউটার টিপস এবং ইন্টারনেট এ আয়ের তথ্যের ওয়েবসাইট
Robi

হোম
খেলা
‘সাকিব দায়িত্ব ভালোভাবে পালন করেছে’

‘সাকিব দায়িত্ব ভালোভাবে পালন করেছে’

| তারিখ: ০৯-০৯-২০১১

০ মন্তব্য
প্রিন্ট
পরে পড়ার জন্য জমা রাখুন
ShareThis
Share on Facebook

« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»

স্টুয়ার্ট লর সঙ্গে সংবাদমাধ্যমের কথাবার্তায় অনেকটা জুড়েই থাকল সাকিবের অধিনায়কত্ব। বিসিবি সাকিবের অধিনায়কত্বে অনেক ঘাটতি খুঁজে পেলেও কোচের কিন্তু তেমন কিছু মনে হয়নি...

 সাকিব-তামিমকে অব্যাহতি দেওয়ার খবর শোনার পর প্রতিক্রিয়া কেমন ছিল?
স্টুয়ার্ট ল: আমার জন্য খবরটা বিস্ময় হয়েই এসেছিল। নিজের অনুভূতি পুরোপুরি বলা মুশকিল। আমার জন্য খবরটা বড় বিস্ময় ছিল। তবে আবারও বলছি, বোর্ড সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে। আমাদের সেটা মেনে নিয়েই এগিয়ে যেতে হবে।
 জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে কি কোনো আভাস পেয়েছিলেন?
ল: অনেক কথাবার্তা, আলোচনা হচ্ছিল। নির্দিষ্ট করে কখনোই বলা হয়নি, কী করা উচিত। হাইপোথেটিক্যাল আলোচনা হচ্ছিল, চোটের কারণে সাকিব অধিনায়ক না থাকলে কে অধিনায়ক হবে, এসব নিয়ে আলোচনা ছিল। কিন্তু এই সিদ্ধান্ত পুরোপুরি বিস্ময়কর।
 অধিনায়ক সাকিবকে কীভাবে মূল্যায়ন করবেন?
ল: অধিনায়ক হওয়ার পর ওর পারফরম্যান্স আরও ভালো হয়েছে, ভালো ক্রিকেটারদের ক্ষেত্রেই কেবল এমনটা হয়ে থাকে। রেকর্ড-পরিসংখ্যানই ওর পক্ষে কথা বলবে। অধিনায়কত্ব মানেই ভীষণ চাপ, বিশেষ করে বাংলাদেশের অধিনায়ক হওয়াটাকে তো আমি বলব বিশ্ব ক্রিকেটের সবচেয়ে বড় ‘প্রেশার কুকার’। কিন্তু অধিনায়কত্ব ওর পারফরম্যান্সে কোনো প্রভাব ফেলেনি। সাকিব দায়িত্ব ভালোভাবে পালন করেছে।
 সাকিবের জন্য কোনো পরামর্শ...
ল: সাকিবের জন্য পরামর্শ...স্রেফ উপভোগ করো। চাপমুক্তিটা পুরোপুরি উপভোগ করে আরও ভালো খেলার চেষ্টা করো। কে জানে, এই সিদ্ধান্ত ওর জন্য ইতিবাচকও হতে পারে।
 নতুন অধিনায়ক আসছেন, আপনার জন্য বলা যায় আবারও নতুন শুরু...
ল: তা সেভাবে দেখতে পারেন। সাকিবের সঙ্গে জুটিতে আমরা দুজনই শিখছিলাম, আরও অনেক কিছু শেখার ছিল। এখন আবার শুরু করতে হবে...এভাবেই দেখতে পারেন। ক্রিকেটে আসলে মাঠে নামার পর দলটা অধিনায়কের, সব সিদ্ধান্ত সে-ই নেয়। মাঠের বাইরে সিদ্ধান্ত হয় আলোচনা করে। নতুন অধিনায়কের ক্ষেত্রেও তা-ই হবে। সাকিবের মতো একজন দলে থাকায় তার বরং সুবিধাই হবে।
 নতুন অধিনায়ক কে হতে পারেন বলে মনে করেন?
ল: যে কেউ অধিনায়ক হতে পারে। ভালো ক্রিকেটার অনেক আছে, ভালো ক্রিকেট মাইন্ড আছে। দেশ ও খেলার জন্য আবেগ আছে। অন্তত ছয়জন আছে বেছে নেওয়ার জন্য।
পাঠকের মন্তব্য

মন্তব্য লিখতে সমস্যা হলে এখানে ক্লিক করুন
আমি প্রথম আলোর মন্তব্য প্রদানের নীতিমালায় সম্মতি দিচ্ছি আপনি কি পরিচয় গোপন রাখতে চান এখানে ক্লিক করুন
প্রিয় পাঠক
ছদ্মনাম বা সাংকেতিক নাম ব্যবহার করে লেখা কোনো মন্তব্য প্রকাশ করা হবে না। আপনার প্রোফাইল আপডেট করুন।
অনুরোধক্রমে
প্রথম আলো কর্তৃপক্ষ

আপনার মতামত দিন

সর্বশেষ সংবাদ
সবচেয়ে পঠিত

বিএনপির শেষ সময়ে নজিরবিহীন দুর্নীতি
তিনটি রাজনৈতিক হাসপাতাল
সব পণ্যের দামই চড়া
বাণিজ্যসক্ষমতায় এক ধাপ পিছিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ
নয় বছরের শিশুকে ২২ বছরের যুবক বানিয়ে অভিযোগপত্র

picture galleryছবির গ্যালারি
cartoon gallery
video galleryভিডিও গ্যালারি
galleryসাবস্ক্রাইব

old version

বিশেষ কারণে আর্কাইভ সুবিধা আপাতত বন্ধ রয়েছে,যত দ্রুত সম্ভব আবার চালু করা হবে।
logo

© সর্বস্বত্ব স্বত্বাধিকার সংরক্ষিত
প্রথম আলো ১৯৯৮ - ২০১১

সম্পাদক ও প্রকাশক: মতিউর রহমান
সিএ ভবন, ১০০ কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম এভিনিউ, কারওয়ান বাজার, ঢাকা-১২১৫|
ফোন : ৮১১০০৮১,৮১১৫৩০৭-১০, ফ্যাক্স : ৯১৩০৪৯৬, ই-মেইল :info@prothom-alo.com
Old September 8, 2011, 04:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
^ Inqilab said coach broke code of conduct. Donno whats gonna happen.
Let's fire all! Let's have someone from those idiot directors become the head coach for BD team. Bunch of idiots are playing nasty games! Those idiots are trying their best to make BCB turn into PCB. If it goes on, we will have Dewan Arifin Tutul (Mastan) to become the president of BCB while Shafiqur Rahman Munna (Taklu) to become the general secretary. In that case, M Syedazzuman from Kaler Kantho will be the spokesperson for BCB. That's should be the ultimate goal of those morons.
Old September 8, 2011, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I read on fb that Law said there was no confrontation.
Old September 8, 2011, 06:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I read on fb that Law said there was no confrontation.
If he was offended, he would have included it in his report. We already know that he & HB didn't make any negative comments intheir report, about any player's behavior or on any off field event.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; September 9, 2011 at 02:56 AM..
Old September 8, 2011, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

so...

seems like BCB was just out to get Shakib, and they just used this opportunity for it.

but this shud not change anything. I am still happy Shakib gets a break, and we might actually go forward under Mushfiq.

read a report on bdnews24 or somewhere that Ashraful is well within a chance of getting captaincy. if that happens, Bangladesh cricket will sink below kenyan crickets current status.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 8, 2011, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

so...

seems like BCB was just out to get Shakib, and they just used this opportunity for it.

but this shud not change anything. I am still happy Shakib gets a break, and we might actually go forward under Mushfiq.

read a report on bdnews24 or somewhere that Ashraful is well within a chance of getting captaincy. if that happens, Bangladesh cricket will sink below kenyan crickets current status.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 8, 2011, 08:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Excellent responses by Law. He got his point across and gave honest answers without really being too critical of the BCB...something that is very critical in the sub-continent! Lankan experience has come in handy indeed. I can't see Siddons being this diplomatic if he had been asked the same questions.

Reading through Law's responses I couldn't help but feel angry at the BCB tools and our tabloid journos who have unfairly maligned Shakib and even Tamim. Shame on them.
Old September 8, 2011, 08:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

now now now.....Mr. Law what have you done ? How could you say this in public without consulting with Loitta ? Now get prepared for what Julian, Ian, Shakib, Tamim have gone through. You got yourself in Loitta's blacklist. God Bless all. *

* sarcasm alert.
Old September 8, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
 নতুন অধিনায়ক কে হতে পারেন বলে মনে করেন?
ল: যে কেউ অধিনায়ক হতে পারে। ভালো ক্রিকেটার অনেক আছে, ভালো ক্রিকেট মাইন্ড আছে। দেশ ও খেলার জন্য আবেগ আছে। অন্তত ছয়জন আছে বেছে নেওয়ার জন্য।

who are these 6 players apart from Shakib & Tamim ?
Old September 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
who are these 6 players apart from Shakib & Tamim ?
Law is preferring Ash as a captain as well.
Old September 9, 2011, 02:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

I am delighted at Law Bhai's honesty, but should he be openly criticising the board this way?

Wouldn't it just be better to say 'no comment' or 'it is not my decision' rather than speculating or sounding surprise? This was SidVision's problem too in that he always commented in the press.
Old September 9, 2011, 02:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Kichu Chagol achey jara bujhey kom othoba kichui bujhar khomota nai kintoo raat-diin bhogor bhogor baa baa korey chowal chailai aar kaan-ta pochieye dei...
Old September 9, 2011, 03:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
I am delighted at Law Bhai's honesty, but should he be openly criticising the board this way?

Wouldn't it just be better to say 'no comment' or 'it is not my decision' rather than speculating or sounding surprise? This was SidVision's problem too in that he always commented in the press.
I don't see him criticizing, he was quiet balanced in his answers.
Old September 9, 2011, 03:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't see him , he was quiet balanced in his answers.
In many circles this is viewed as at least questioning the decision: "It was a surprise," he said. "The cricket board has made a decision so we have got to run with it. I was not [consulted] but I was on leave, so I was not contactable at the time. The board has made a decision not just based on events in Zimbabwe but, from what I understand, some other ongoing situations."

This tells us he wouldn't have done it ("surprised")
This tells us he is not happy with it ("have got to run with it")
This tells us he was not asked ("not consulted")
This tells us he had no chance to defend anyone ("was on leave")

The high ups in the BCB note things like this that's all. Better he said very little and didn't comment on the situation and just say it is a matter for the board. Law bhai's first interaction with cricket politics so best to say nothing that can be viewed as disapproval in the media.
Old September 9, 2011, 03:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Kichu Chagol achey jara bujhey kom othoba kichui bujhar khomota nai kintoo raat-diin bhogor bhogor baa baa korey chowal chailai aar kaan-ta pochieye dei...
Boss apnar bujhi kom title ta oi chagol k delei paren