facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Rate Bangladesh batting
Terrible 13 34.21%
Poor 13 34.21%
Decent 7 18.42%
Very Good 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 15, 2011, 04:25 PM
TIKBoss TIKBoss is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 14, 2011
Posts: 571
Default Bangladesh test batting

Our batting has been our biggest weakness in my opinion, along with Zimbabwe this is the weakest test batting lineup. Let's look at the averages.

Tamim: 39.55
Imrul: 17.42
Nafees: 26.29
Ashraful: 23.02
Mahmudullah: 34.11
Shakib: 31.32
Mushfiqur: 27.15

This batting lineup is very fragile and this time West indies has a strong bowling lineup, they bowled out India for only 200 runs three times in the recent test series. And we all know how strong Pak's bowling is, Imrul, Nafees and Sir Ashrafool are the biggest weakness, who should replace them or should they stay?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old September 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
munnabhai's Avatar
munnabhai munnabhai is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 19, 2010
Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z
Posts: 1,141

Imrul Kayes isn't Test material. He has been given enough opportunities, Imrul is Ashrafool in the making for Test. I say drop Imrul, Junaid or Nafees can open with Tamim in test. Also, Ashrafool shouldn't be anywhere near our Test squad, after 50+ Tests he averages below 25, disgraceful.
__________________
Homework Homework Homework
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
TIKBoss TIKBoss is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 14, 2011
Posts: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Imrul Kayes isn't Test material. He has been given enough opportunities, Imrul is Ashrafool in the making for Test. I say drop Imrul, Junaid or Nafees can open with Tamim in test. Also, Ashrafool shouldn't be anywhere near our Test squad, after 50+ Tests he averages below 25, disgraceful.
After 28 innings Imrul has only 1 half century, i agree with u he must be kicked out from the test team. Ashraful is the unmovable object, even tamim will be removed but ashraful will stay since according to selectors and bangladeshi media he is the bradman of bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 15, 2011, 08:28 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
After 28 innings Imrul has only 1 half century, i agree with u he must be kicked out from the test team. Ashraful is the unmovable object, even tamim will be removed but ashraful will stay since according to selectors and bangladeshi media he is the bradman of bangladesh.
He is better than Bradman. Bradman could not bowl or dance!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 15, 2011, 09:29 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
After 28 innings Imrul has only 1 half century, i agree with u he must be kicked out from the test team. Ashraful is the unmovable object, even tamim will be removed but ashraful will stay since according to selectors and bangladeshi media he is the bradman of bangladesh.
I don't like the idea of Ash staying in the team either but the fact is his replacements haven't done any better and that is the main reason he keeps making a comeback. With the way the academy side is performing, our hopes of finding suitable future replacements looks even slimmer now.

Ashraful's Primary problem is shot selection and in addition he has a secondary problem of having no brain. Despite all that he seems to be the only one who looks comfortable facing genuine pace bowling.

The question is who do we pick in our top order for positions 2,3,4 : Tamim, X, X, X, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Our biggest problem is tests is the fact that we don't score 400 rarely. Actually we don't even consistently get 300 let alone 400. I believe that's a par score in test cricket but we just seem to lack the technique, application, temperament, and cricketing intelligence to get to that kind of a score. And the scary thing was, Ash looked the best technique wise in the past series. Just goes to show how after 11 years of test cricket, BCB is still failing to instill a proper system where these players can learn the right way to bat from a technique standpoint.

i think for short term, Imrul needs to go. Giving him a chance over Junaid in the last test was a joke. The guy was scoring 50's on a consistent basis and Imrul was given the go? Junaid might not have a great technique as his front foot and bottom hand technique are well documented but his hand-eye coordination ability at least is superior compared to Imrul. I'm still not sold on Ash at all even though he impressed last test. The rest should be here to stay. Junaid, Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Riyad have all done a pretty good job over the last year in tests and there's no real need to discard them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 16, 2011, 12:09 AM
Bhorol Bhorol is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 25, 2010
Posts: 12

ashfool did well in the practice match yesterday against second string bowling. Contrary Nayeem did a great job against front line bowling. Judge who should stay in the team?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 16, 2011, 12:11 AM
TIKBoss TIKBoss is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 14, 2011
Posts: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't like the idea of Ash staying in the team either but the fact is his replacements haven't done any better and that is the main reason he keeps making a comeback. With the way the academy side is performing, our hopes of finding suitable future replacements looks even slimmer now.

Ashraful's Primary problem is shot selection and in addition he has a secondary problem of having no brain. Despite all that he seems to be the only one who looks comfortable facing genuine pace bowling.

The question is who do we pick in our top order for positions 2,3,4 : Tamim, X, X, X, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah.
If we cant get replacement for a guy who averages 20 and doesnt have a brain then we are in big trouble
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 16, 2011, 04:03 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Our biggest problem is tests is the fact that we don't score 400 rarely. Actually we don't even consistently get 300 let alone 400. I believe that's a par score in test cricket but we just seem to lack the technique, application, temperament, and cricketing intelligence to get to that kind of a score. And the scary thing was, Ash looked the best technique wise in the past series. Just goes to show how after 11 years of test cricket, BCB is still failing to instill a proper system where these players can learn the right way to bat from a technique standpoint.

i think for short term, Imrul needs to go. Giving him a chance over Junaid in the last test was a joke. The guy was scoring 50's on a consistent basis and Imrul was given the go? Junaid might not have a great technique as his front foot and bottom hand technique are well documented but his hand-eye coordination ability at least is superior compared to Imrul. I'm still not sold on Ash at all even though he impressed last test. The rest should be here to stay. Junaid, Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Riyad have all done a pretty good job over the last year in tests and there's no real need to discard them.
I think Imrul was given a chance in Zim simply due to the way he played in ODIs in 2010-11. He is seriously out of form at the moment but lets not forget how consistent he was last year.
A lot of members here seem to have faith in Junaid. To me he is worse than Ash because he is equally inconsistent and has never played a match winning/saving innings
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 16, 2011, 04:11 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhorol
ashfool did well in the practice match yesterday against second string bowling. Contrary Nayeem did a great job against front line bowling. Judge who should stay in the team?
obviously Naeem but whenever sir Ash scores a 40+ it makes headlines everywhere
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 16, 2011, 09:18 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I think Imrul was given a chance in Zim simply due to the way he played in ODIs in 2010-11. He is seriously out of form at the moment but lets not forget how consistent he was last year.
A lot of members here seem to have faith in Junaid. To me he is worse than Ash because he is equally inconsistent and has never played a match winning/saving innings
This is the mindset that's gonna hold us back. Imrul got a chance in tests just because he was consistent in ODIs? Tests and ODI's are completely different games and selectors should've known that. Also I agree with Junaid being inconsistent but again that's associated with ODIs and not tests. Junaid's average was a 34.66 with 1 century and 3 half centuries while Imrul's was a mere 20 with just 1 half century. So Junaid's been pretty good in tests for our standards while Imrul has been poor. So to me it's a no brainer as to who to pick for the test squad.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 16, 2011, 09:27 AM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Posts: 8,561

Zunaed is a must for Tests. Naeem too deserves a recall. Kick Imrul and Ash out. Give one last chance to SN.

My XII v WI:
Tamim
SN
Zunaed
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq+*
Elias Sunny/Shohag Gazi
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel
12th Man: Shuvagoto
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Zunaed is a must for Tests. Naeem too deserves a recall. Kick Imrul and Ash out. Give one last chance to SN.

My XII v WI:
Tamim
SN
Zunaed
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq+*
Elias Sunny/Shohag Gazi
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel
12th Man: Shuvagoto
That's a very good lineup bro. I think that lineup would work very well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
That's a very good lineup bro. I think that lineup would work very well.
why have u kept hom as the 12th man?
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
ahms ahms is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2006
Location: Dominica, West Indies
Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful
Posts: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
obviously Naeem but whenever sir Ash scores a 40+ it makes headlines everywhere
And there is a reason for it. He handle those pace bowlers with finesse. It is unfortunate that I/we can not see that for long at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
This is the mindset that's gonna hold us back. Imrul got a chance in tests just because he was consistent in ODIs? Tests and ODI's are completely different games and selectors should've known that. Also I agree with Junaid being inconsistent but again that's associated with ODIs and not tests. Junaid's average was a 34.66 with 1 century and 3 half centuries while Imrul's was a mere 20 with just 1 half century. So Junaid's been pretty good in tests for our standards while Imrul has been poor. So to me it's a no brainer as to who to pick for the test squad.
Under normal circumstances I would say your point is valid about not mixing test and ODI performances. Our schedule however is far from a balanced one. One only has to look at how many tests we actually played in the last 12-15 months. Look at the gap between the test in England and the Test in Zimbabwe.

All other teams play regular test matches as it is included in every series so their selectors can very well decide who to pick based on each format performances alone.

We on the other hand do not have that luxury because we hardly play any tests. Imrul had an abysmal start to his test career and then didn't play any tests for a long period but during that time he improved and shined in ODI and hence the selectors went with batting form rather than test record of a distant past. Same way Junaid played well in Tests but then had a horrid, long spell of poor scores in the international games that followed. So I think it was fair to give Kayes a second chance in tests in Zimbabwe to see if he could transform the calm and patient knocks he played in ODIs into test also. Now that he has failed we should definitely look at giving Junaid an opportunity to partner tamim
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Under normal circumstances I would say your point is valid about not mixing test and ODI performances. Our schedule however is far from a balanced one. One only has to look at how many tests we actually played in the last 12-15 months. Look at the gap between the test in England and the Test in Zimbabwe.

All other teams play regular test matches as it is included in every series so their selectors can very well decide who to pick based on each format performances alone.

We on the other hand do not have that luxury because we hardly play any tests. Imrul had an abysmal start to his test career and then didn't play any tests for a long period but during that time he improved and shined in ODI and hence the selectors went with batting form rather than test record of a distant past. Same way Junaid played well in Tests but then had a horrid, long spell of poor scores in the international games that followed. So I think it was fair to give Kayes a second chance in tests in Zimbabwe to see if he could transform the calm and patient knocks he played in ODIs into test also. Now that he has failed we should definitely look at giving Junaid an opportunity to partner tamim
Ya you do have a point with us not playing enough tests to really make complete judgments. The reason why I rate Junaid higher as a batsman is because of his ability shown compared to Imrul. Sure Imrul was very consistent last year and he improved. The thing is, when you watch his innings closely, it's just really scratchy and it takes forever to get himself settled and then once he's settled, he continues to struggle rotating the strike. I'll give it to him that he's got temperament but he's got poor technique and footwork. Junaid on the other hand doesn't have a hard time settling in. At least he has an easier time then Kayes has. You don't see him fishing outside the offstump as much. The problem with him mainly has been that his lack of concentration to get to those bigger scores. With ODI's, it's getting those scores from 20's to 50's and in tests, it's 50's to 100's. I agree Junaid has been frustrating but in my opinion, at least he's got the ability to succeed at this level which I just can't say about Imrul with all his issues he has.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 16, 2011, 12:57 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

Mosht eshkelent but this ought to be the best-test team.

1. Rajin Saleh (Ishpinar allrounder)
2. Mysukur Rahman (Batman)
3. Rokibul Hasan (Batman)
4. Ehsanul Haq Sejzeyan (C-Ishpinar allrounder)
5. Foisal Hoshen Decyanzjdt (VC-Ishpinar allrounder)
6. Mosharrof Hoshen Mosha (Ishpinar allrounder)
7. Sajjad Kadir (WK)
8. Aftab Ahammok (Fashballer allrounder)
9. Nabil Samad (Ishpinar)
10. Anowar Hoshen Monir (Fashballer)
11. Alomgir Kobir (Fashballer)

12th Man: Golam Mabud (WK-batman)

Coach-Jaime Sidonez
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
AhmedN AhmedN is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2011
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't like the idea of Ash staying in the team either but the fact is his replacements haven't done any better and that is the main reason he keeps making a comeback. With the way the academy side is performing, our hopes of finding suitable future replacements looks even slimmer now.

Ashraful's Primary problem is shot selection and in addition he has a secondary problem of having no brain. Despite all that he seems to be the only one who looks comfortable facing genuine pace bowling.

The question is who do we pick in our top order for positions 2,3,4 : Tamim, X, X, X, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah.
somewhat agree..why not Kapali play one or two tests, i wonder
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 16, 2011, 09:37 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

View Poll Results: Rate Bangladesh batting

This poll will close on July 12, 2013 at 05:27 PM

Terrible 10 34.48%
Poor 10 34.48%
Decent 6 20.69%
Very Good 3 10.34%

Voters: 29.
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

^^ lol!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
frd's Avatar
frd frd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2009
Location: DHAKA
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib
Posts: 1,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Mosht eshkelent but this ought to be the best-test team.

1. Rajin Saleh (Ishpinar allrounder)
2. Mysukur Rahman (Batman)
3. Rokibul Hasan (Batman)
4. Ehsanul Haq Sejzeyan (C-Ishpinar allrounder)
5. Foisal Hoshen Decyanzjdt (VC-Ishpinar allrounder)
6. Mosharrof Hoshen Mosha (Ishpinar allrounder)
7. Sajjad Kadir (WK)
8. Aftab Ahammok (Fashballer allrounder)
9. Nabil Samad (Ishpinar)
10. Anowar Hoshen Monir (Fashballer)
11. Alomgir Kobir (Fashballer)

12th Man: Golam Mabud (WK-batman)

Coach-Jaime Sidonez
ehsanul haque was a fashbaler allrounder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket