facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Rate Bangladesh batting
Terrible 13 34.21%
Poor 13 34.21%
Decent 7 18.42%
Very Good 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 15, 2011, 04:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bangladesh test batting

Our batting has been our biggest weakness in my opinion, along with Zimbabwe this is the weakest test batting lineup. Let's look at the averages.

Tamim: 39.55
Imrul: 17.42
Nafees: 26.29
Ashraful: 23.02
Mahmudullah: 34.11
Shakib: 31.32
Mushfiqur: 27.15

This batting lineup is very fragile and this time West indies has a strong bowling lineup, they bowled out India for only 200 runs three times in the recent test series. And we all know how strong Pak's bowling is, Imrul, Nafees and Sir Ashrafool are the biggest weakness, who should replace them or should they stay?

Old September 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Imrul Kayes isn't Test material. He has been given enough opportunities, Imrul is Ashrafool in the making for Test. I say drop Imrul, Junaid or Nafees can open with Tamim in test. Also, Ashrafool shouldn't be anywhere near our Test squad, after 50+ Tests he averages below 25, disgraceful.
Old September 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Imrul Kayes isn't Test material. He has been given enough opportunities, Imrul is Ashrafool in the making for Test. I say drop Imrul, Junaid or Nafees can open with Tamim in test. Also, Ashrafool shouldn't be anywhere near our Test squad, after 50+ Tests he averages below 25, disgraceful.
After 28 innings Imrul has only 1 half century, i agree with u he must be kicked out from the test team. Ashraful is the unmovable object, even tamim will be removed but ashraful will stay since according to selectors and bangladeshi media he is the bradman of bangladesh.
Old September 15, 2011, 08:28 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
After 28 innings Imrul has only 1 half century, i agree with u he must be kicked out from the test team. Ashraful is the unmovable object, even tamim will be removed but ashraful will stay since according to selectors and bangladeshi media he is the bradman of bangladesh.
He is better than Bradman. Bradman could not bowl or dance!
Old September 15, 2011, 09:29 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
I don't like the idea of Ash staying in the team either but the fact is his replacements haven't done any better and that is the main reason he keeps making a comeback. With the way the academy side is performing, our hopes of finding suitable future replacements looks even slimmer now.

Ashraful's Primary problem is shot selection and in addition he has a secondary problem of having no brain. Despite all that he seems to be the only one who looks comfortable facing genuine pace bowling.

The question is who do we pick in our top order for positions 2,3,4 : Tamim, X, X, X, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah.
Old September 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Our biggest problem is tests is the fact that we don't score 400 rarely. Actually we don't even consistently get 300 let alone 400. I believe that's a par score in test cricket but we just seem to lack the technique, application, temperament, and cricketing intelligence to get to that kind of a score. And the scary thing was, Ash looked the best technique wise in the past series. Just goes to show how after 11 years of test cricket, BCB is still failing to instill a proper system where these players can learn the right way to bat from a technique standpoint.

i think for short term, Imrul needs to go. Giving him a chance over Junaid in the last test was a joke. The guy was scoring 50's on a consistent basis and Imrul was given the go? Junaid might not have a great technique as his front foot and bottom hand technique are well documented but his hand-eye coordination ability at least is superior compared to Imrul. I'm still not sold on Ash at all even though he impressed last test. The rest should be here to stay. Junaid, Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Riyad have all done a pretty good job over the last year in tests and there's no real need to discard them.
Old September 16, 2011, 12:09 AM
Street Cricketer

ashfool did well in the practice match yesterday against second string bowling. Contrary Nayeem did a great job against front line bowling. Judge who should stay in the team?
Old September 16, 2011, 12:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't like the idea of Ash staying in the team either but the fact is his replacements haven't done any better and that is the main reason he keeps making a comeback. With the way the academy side is performing, our hopes of finding suitable future replacements looks even slimmer now.

Ashraful's Primary problem is shot selection and in addition he has a secondary problem of having no brain. Despite all that he seems to be the only one who looks comfortable facing genuine pace bowling.

The question is who do we pick in our top order for positions 2,3,4 : Tamim, X, X, X, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah.
If we cant get replacement for a guy who averages 20 and doesnt have a brain then we are in big trouble
Old September 16, 2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Our biggest problem is tests is the fact that we don't score 400 rarely. Actually we don't even consistently get 300 let alone 400. I believe that's a par score in test cricket but we just seem to lack the technique, application, temperament, and cricketing intelligence to get to that kind of a score. And the scary thing was, Ash looked the best technique wise in the past series. Just goes to show how after 11 years of test cricket, BCB is still failing to instill a proper system where these players can learn the right way to bat from a technique standpoint.

i think for short term, Imrul needs to go. Giving him a chance over Junaid in the last test was a joke. The guy was scoring 50's on a consistent basis and Imrul was given the go? Junaid might not have a great technique as his front foot and bottom hand technique are well documented but his hand-eye coordination ability at least is superior compared to Imrul. I'm still not sold on Ash at all even though he impressed last test. The rest should be here to stay. Junaid, Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Riyad have all done a pretty good job over the last year in tests and there's no real need to discard them.
I think Imrul was given a chance in Zim simply due to the way he played in ODIs in 2010-11. He is seriously out of form at the moment but lets not forget how consistent he was last year.
A lot of members here seem to have faith in Junaid. To me he is worse than Ash because he is equally inconsistent and has never played a match winning/saving innings
Old September 16, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhorol
ashfool did well in the practice match yesterday against second string bowling. Contrary Nayeem did a great job against front line bowling. Judge who should stay in the team?
obviously Naeem but whenever sir Ash scores a 40+ it makes headlines everywhere
Old September 16, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I think Imrul was given a chance in Zim simply due to the way he played in ODIs in 2010-11. He is seriously out of form at the moment but lets not forget how consistent he was last year.
A lot of members here seem to have faith in Junaid. To me he is worse than Ash because he is equally inconsistent and has never played a match winning/saving innings
This is the mindset that's gonna hold us back. Imrul got a chance in tests just because he was consistent in ODIs? Tests and ODI's are completely different games and selectors should've known that. Also I agree with Junaid being inconsistent but again that's associated with ODIs and not tests. Junaid's average was a 34.66 with 1 century and 3 half centuries while Imrul's was a mere 20 with just 1 half century. So Junaid's been pretty good in tests for our standards while Imrul has been poor. So to me it's a no brainer as to who to pick for the test squad.
Old September 16, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Zunaed is a must for Tests. Naeem too deserves a recall. Kick Imrul and Ash out. Give one last chance to SN.

My XII v WI:
Tamim
SN
Zunaed
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq+*
Elias Sunny/Shohag Gazi
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel
12th Man: Shuvagoto
Old September 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Zunaed is a must for Tests. Naeem too deserves a recall. Kick Imrul and Ash out. Give one last chance to SN.

My XII v WI:
Tamim
SN
Zunaed
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq+*
Elias Sunny/Shohag Gazi
Shafiul
Shahadat
Rubel
12th Man: Shuvagoto
That's a very good lineup bro. I think that lineup would work very well.
Old September 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
That's a very good lineup bro. I think that lineup would work very well.
why have u kept hom as the 12th man?
Old September 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
obviously Naeem but whenever sir Ash scores a 40+ it makes headlines everywhere
And there is a reason for it. He handle those pace bowlers with finesse. It is unfortunate that I/we can not see that for long at a time.
Old September 16, 2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
This is the mindset that's gonna hold us back. Imrul got a chance in tests just because he was consistent in ODIs? Tests and ODI's are completely different games and selectors should've known that. Also I agree with Junaid being inconsistent but again that's associated with ODIs and not tests. Junaid's average was a 34.66 with 1 century and 3 half centuries while Imrul's was a mere 20 with just 1 half century. So Junaid's been pretty good in tests for our standards while Imrul has been poor. So to me it's a no brainer as to who to pick for the test squad.
Under normal circumstances I would say your point is valid about not mixing test and ODI performances. Our schedule however is far from a balanced one. One only has to look at how many tests we actually played in the last 12-15 months. Look at the gap between the test in England and the Test in Zimbabwe.

All other teams play regular test matches as it is included in every series so their selectors can very well decide who to pick based on each format performances alone.

We on the other hand do not have that luxury because we hardly play any tests. Imrul had an abysmal start to his test career and then didn't play any tests for a long period but during that time he improved and shined in ODI and hence the selectors went with batting form rather than test record of a distant past. Same way Junaid played well in Tests but then had a horrid, long spell of poor scores in the international games that followed. So I think it was fair to give Kayes a second chance in tests in Zimbabwe to see if he could transform the calm and patient knocks he played in ODIs into test also. Now that he has failed we should definitely look at giving Junaid an opportunity to partner tamim
Old September 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Under normal circumstances I would say your point is valid about not mixing test and ODI performances. Our schedule however is far from a balanced one. One only has to look at how many tests we actually played in the last 12-15 months. Look at the gap between the test in England and the Test in Zimbabwe.

All other teams play regular test matches as it is included in every series so their selectors can very well decide who to pick based on each format performances alone.

We on the other hand do not have that luxury because we hardly play any tests. Imrul had an abysmal start to his test career and then didn't play any tests for a long period but during that time he improved and shined in ODI and hence the selectors went with batting form rather than test record of a distant past. Same way Junaid played well in Tests but then had a horrid, long spell of poor scores in the international games that followed. So I think it was fair to give Kayes a second chance in tests in Zimbabwe to see if he could transform the calm and patient knocks he played in ODIs into test also. Now that he has failed we should definitely look at giving Junaid an opportunity to partner tamim
Ya you do have a point with us not playing enough tests to really make complete judgments. The reason why I rate Junaid higher as a batsman is because of his ability shown compared to Imrul. Sure Imrul was very consistent last year and he improved. The thing is, when you watch his innings closely, it's just really scratchy and it takes forever to get himself settled and then once he's settled, he continues to struggle rotating the strike. I'll give it to him that he's got temperament but he's got poor technique and footwork. Junaid on the other hand doesn't have a hard time settling in. At least he has an easier time then Kayes has. You don't see him fishing outside the offstump as much. The problem with him mainly has been that his lack of concentration to get to those bigger scores. With ODI's, it's getting those scores from 20's to 50's and in tests, it's 50's to 100's. I agree Junaid has been frustrating but in my opinion, at least he's got the ability to succeed at this level which I just can't say about Imrul with all his issues he has.
Old September 16, 2011, 12:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Mosht eshkelent but this ought to be the best-test team.

1. Rajin Saleh (Ishpinar allrounder)
2. Mysukur Rahman (Batman)
3. Rokibul Hasan (Batman)
4. Ehsanul Haq Sejzeyan (C-Ishpinar allrounder)
5. Foisal Hoshen Decyanzjdt (VC-Ishpinar allrounder)
6. Mosharrof Hoshen Mosha (Ishpinar allrounder)
7. Sajjad Kadir (WK)
8. Aftab Ahammok (Fashballer allrounder)
9. Nabil Samad (Ishpinar)
10. Anowar Hoshen Monir (Fashballer)
11. Alomgir Kobir (Fashballer)

12th Man: Golam Mabud (WK-batman)

Coach-Jaime Sidonez
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

somewhat agree..why not Kapali play one or two tests, i wonder
Old September 16, 2011, 09:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

View Poll Results: Rate Bangladesh batting

This poll will close on July 12, 2013 at 05:27 PM

Terrible 10 34.48%
Poor 10 34.48%
Decent 6 20.69%
Very Good 3 10.34%

Voters: 29.
Old September 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^ lol!
Old September 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Mosht eshkelent but this ought to be the best-test team.

1. Rajin Saleh (Ishpinar allrounder)
2. Mysukur Rahman (Batman)
3. Rokibul Hasan (Batman)
4. Ehsanul Haq Sejzeyan (C-Ishpinar allrounder)
5. Foisal Hoshen Decyanzjdt (VC-Ishpinar allrounder)
6. Mosharrof Hoshen Mosha (Ishpinar allrounder)
7. Sajjad Kadir (WK)
8. Aftab Ahammok (Fashballer allrounder)
9. Nabil Samad (Ishpinar)
10. Anowar Hoshen Monir (Fashballer)
11. Alomgir Kobir (Fashballer)

12th Man: Golam Mabud (WK-batman)

Coach-Jaime Sidonez
ehsanul haque was a fashbaler allrounder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition