facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Default Countdown to The New Captain Thread

It was supposed to be decided today. now there are reports saying the BCB meeting has been shifted tomorrow. again there are other reports saying that the meeting will go on as usual today.

so today or tomorrow we are gonna get Our New Captain of Cricket team. or will BCB keep the decision pending ????

will we get a new captain or some ex-captain be given the chance again ????

will we get one of the front-runners for the post or will be it a surprise package ????

will we get a single captain for all forms or different captains for different forms ???

all your speculations until the appointment of new captain here

Old September 18, 2011, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Old September 18, 2011, 09:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Old September 18, 2011, 09:53 PM
Cricket Savant

my assumptions

Multiple Captains .....

ODI: mushfiq

Tests: Mahmudullah

T20: Tamim
Old September 18, 2011, 11:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

I don't see how it can be anyone but the wicketkeeper, Mushfiqur Rahim, and here lies a problem. In my opinion asking the 'keeper to captain on a regular basis is a big ask. Wicketkeepers have the most difficult job on the field already. I do think 'keepers make excellent vice-captains since they've got the best seat in the house for observing what the bowler and batsman are doing however. I don't think Mahmudullah is ready quite yet, but I think he's future captaincy material as long as he keeps performing enough to be selected. I like his gritty approach.

This is what happens when you sack the only really viable captain on a whim without having considered the alternatives fully. I don't think Shakib is a great captain yet, but remember he's still young and besides, he's one of the few players in the team who can be certain of being selected. To me it just emphasises the lunacy of getting rid of him simply because he seems to have annoyed some administrator. You wouldn't jump out of an aeroplane without checking whether you had a parachute, but I think that's exactly what the BCB have done. Crazy! Absolutely nuts!
Old September 19, 2011, 12:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mushfiq it should be.
What's been most encouraging is since the talks of his captaincy begun, Mushfiq's performance in the BCB cup has gone up few notches.
As the old saying goes, it is the chair that makes a man.

Riyad should be the VC.

So, it would be the MR-MR pair for us.
Masud Rana, the ultimate hero.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 19, 2011, 12:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hero Heralal Tutul're captain banano hok. Ore onek din'er shok Bangladesh'er captain howa. We play with 10/9 most of the time. What difference would it make to play with one less?
Old September 19, 2011, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

My new captain is AHM Mostofa Kamal.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 19, 2011, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Hopefully a new captain will be decided before announcing the team, so that the captain has a say in final team selection
Old September 19, 2011, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Mushy is the next captain, for sure !!
Old September 19, 2011, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Hopefully a new captain will be decided before announcing the team, so that the captain has a say in final team selection
in his prothom-alo interview Shakib said akram khan gave him a call to tell the names of squad members, not to discuss. and after Shakib's complaint about that they are even trying to reduce captain's authority. so I don't think selector are eagerly waiting to consult with the captain.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 19, 2011, 02:07 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I have a feeling the naming of the captain will be yet another drama filled event just like the squad naming of the WC.
Old September 19, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Mushfiq No Doubt in it. I just home he doesnt over try to perform as a captain and spoil his game. He just needs to be himslef and he has some experience now to handle it well. I am 99% confident he will not mess it up.

If he can lift his game a bit, there can be nothing better ... with 3/4 consistant performers we should give us much better chance to win many more matches in future. As we thought we would after the WC 07 which didnt happen due to many reasons.
Old September 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
Cricket Savant

if mushfiq becomes captain .... at least we will have a good english speaking captain during the toss and post match presentation
Old September 19, 2011, 07:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

but as cric fans we will have to be very patient if Mushy becomes the captain cause if sometimes we were mad at Sakib I wonder how will we cope with Mushy.
Old September 19, 2011, 07:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Khub poolokito poolokito lagtese...peter shurshuri lagtese...khub moja....!
Old September 19, 2011, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Ahhare!! If Mushy becomes the new captain...bechara to gaali taali shojjo korte giye...kede na fele...:P
Old September 19, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

I still remember Prothom alo published an article back in 2005 when Mushy first got selected for National team. At that time PA took an interview of a BKSP coach and that coach told to reporter that mark my words Mushfique will be the Captain of Bangladesh cricket team one day. So i guess the coach was right... finally Mushfique becoming Captain.. Congrats to him. here is a photo while he was playing cricket with friends in Bogra

Old September 19, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
I still remember Prothom alo published an article back in 2005 when Mushy first got selected for National team. At that time PA took an interview of a BKSP coach and that coach told to reporter that mark my words Mushfique will be the Captain of Bangladesh cricket team one day. So i guess the coach was right... finally Mushfique becoming Captain.. Congrats to him. here is a photo while he was playing cricket with friends in Bogra

wasn't it bit obvious when he was the captain of U-19 team(Shak,Tamim was in the team). So, I was bit shocked and wondering when they gave away straight to Shakib the captaincy for national team ignoring Rahim(who was ready made captaion material back then compare to Shakib).

kemon jeno 'gura dingiye ghas khawar moto'.. but I liked Shakib as captain too, he was dynamic, now I'll be happy to see Rahim as a captain. I was so eagerly following that time U-19 world cup of this batch with great passion.. At that time since I realized that how gritty Shakib and Rahim was. These two did very good partnership in some typical collapse and did the repairmen job with great skill. I from that time liked Rahim's captaincy and his batting temperament, though he was scoring some 30's and more but on consistence base !!

A retrospect:
Quote:
ICC Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka

Bangladesh target U-19 World Cup semi-finals
Cricinfo staff
February 1, 2006
Text size: A | A

Mushfiqur Rahim will lead Bangladesh's campaign at the U-19 World Cup © Getty Images
Enlarge
Allister de Winter, the Bangladesh Under-19 coach, believes his side have a good chance of making the semi-finals of the ICC Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka.

"This group (of players) has been together for seven months training solidly and in that period of time we have had a lot of competition," de Winter told reporters in Colombo. "That has allowed us to work on our simple but effective game-plan and we are happy with the way that has gone."

In four previous attempts, Bangladesh have yet to make the Super League stage, but de Winter remained optimistic following Bangladesh's recent performances. In last November's Afro-Asian U-19 Cup in India, they secured a key win over Pakistan before tasting further success in a tri-series at home featuring Sri Lanka and England. "We have performed well in this competition and that has meant we have a high expectation of ourselves and the country also has high expectations of us now, and rightly so," he added. "We expect to, at best, make the Super League and if we can do that then we are confident we can reach the semi-finals."

Bangladesh begin their World Cup campaign against New Zealand on Sunday. If they harbour hopes of making the semi-finals they will have to secure a top spot in their group, which also include Pakistan and Uganda. "Every match will be tough for us ... and that first match against New Zealand is the one that really matters to us," said de Winter. "We know a little about Pakistan, having played them in the Afro-Asian U-19 Cup but we know nothing about New Zealand and we will be making efforts over the next few days to make sure we gather a bit of information on them. Uganda are also in our group and they will provide a different challenge for us." Mushfiqur Rahim, the Bangladesh captain, echoed de Winter's words. "Our preparation and our game-plan is definitely super and that is why we feel we can do well in this tournament."

Bangladesh's run-up to the World Cup included two one-day victories against the United Arab Emirates. Among the runs were Rahim, Mohammad Shamsur Rahman, Sirajullah Khadem and Sakib Al Hasan, a fact de Winter cited as key to Bangladesh's efforts. "I am confident we can pick any (combination) of our 14 players on any given day and play very good cricket," he said. "Everyone is fine, we have had a few days to rest and recuperate (after the UAE matches) and now we are ready to go."

Bangladesh U-19 squad: (from) Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Mehrab Hossain (vice-capt), Nabil Samad Chowdhury, Sakib Al Hasan, Roqibul Hassan, Kazi Kamrul Islam, Rezaul Islam, Sirajullah Khadem, Tamim Iqbal Khan, Dollar Mahmud, Md Shamsur Rahman, Md Sohrawardi, Mehedi Hasan Siddiqui and Ishraq Sonnet.

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
Old September 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Looking at pics he looks a normal school kid playing cricket. Now, he is the next captain of national team. Congrats to him. I don't think we have any one else beside Mushfiq.
Old September 19, 2011, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^ it has been announced?
Old September 19, 2011, 09:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus
I don't see how it can be anyone but the wicketkeeper, Mushfiqur Rahim, and here lies a problem. In my opinion asking the 'keeper to captain on a regular basis is a big ask. Wicketkeepers have the most difficult job on the field already. I do think 'keepers make excellent vice-captains since they've got the best seat in the house for observing what the bowler and batsman are doing however. I don't think Mahmudullah is ready quite yet, but I think he's future captaincy material as long as he keeps performing enough to be selected. I like his gritty approach.

This is what happens when you sack the only really viable captain on a whim without having considered the alternatives fully. I don't think Shakib is a great captain yet, but remember he's still young and besides, he's one of the few players in the team who can be certain of being selected. To me it just emphasises the lunacy of getting rid of him simply because he seems to have annoyed some administrator. You wouldn't jump out of an aeroplane without checking whether you had a parachute, but I think that's exactly what the BCB have done. Crazy! Absolutely nuts!
Good points. Who was the last effective WK captain in international cricket?
Old September 19, 2011, 09:26 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Khub poolokito poolokito lagtese...peter shurshuri lagtese...khub moja....!
khaichhilen ki kaal? gas-er oshudh khaiya lon...
Old September 19, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Raqibul?
Old September 19, 2011, 02:25 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Rubel captain hobe ami vice captain
[size=1]dreaming[size]