facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Ashraful play against WI and Pak?
No 81 65.85%
Yes 42 34.15%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 25, 2011, 10:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Should Ashraful play for Bangladesh?

It seems like there are tons of Ashraful fans who refused to see how poor a batsman Ashraful is. The media is always hyping him and selectors keep on picking him. Look up his stats to see just how pathetic they are. Let's see how many people here want him to be picked for West Indies and Pakistan series?

Old September 25, 2011, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Not only our media, Ash is also the hot in BC.
Old September 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

WI series, yes. He got picked.
For pak series, we gotta wait and see how he and the others perform in the WI series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old September 25, 2011, 10:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ very old and boring formula by now...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old September 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Ashraful performs, Ashraful gets picked.

Ashraful fails to perform, Ashraful does not get picked.

the equation should be this simple now. With his potential, with his chances, with his freebies, I think he has used up all of them to be left with only performance. He performs, he will get a chance. but if he doesnt, if its the same bull story, he should not be picked. period.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
Ashraful performs, Ashraful gets picked.

Ashraful fails to perform, Ashraful does not get picked.

the equation should be this simple now. With his potential, with his chances, with his freebies, I think he has used up all of them to be left with only performance. He performs, he will get a chance. but if he doesnt, if its the same bull story, he should not be picked. period.
Odi Average for 2010: 18.33 with Strike rate of 58.98
Odi Average for 2011: 7.00 with Strike rate of 38.88

Test average for for 2010: 15.70

I agree with you if he fails again in this series their is no excuses left for him
Old September 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Ash should be allowed to play this series. However, it should be monitored as the series progress and following indicator can be used:

T20 is warm up
3 ODI > 25 average, he should be allowed for Test
2 Tests > 30 average per innings, he should be picked for next series.

Anything less than adios Ash.
Old September 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Ash should play because nobody is doing better than him.Where is the replacement in no 4.Name somebody.......
Old September 25, 2011, 11:31 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I was a huge Ash fan and defended him vigorously in many occasions. But, his pattern never varied. His average would hover around his lifetime mark and he would play those occasional ("Eid") innings, ensuring his position in the team for a few more games. In terms of raw ability, he is probably the best batsman Bangladesh has ever produced. However, he has a vacuum over his neck. Since he has not learned after 150+ ODI, I don't think he will ever learn.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Ash already fooled me many times over. Drop the idiot (Fool!) and keep him out!
Old September 25, 2011, 11:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
Ash should play because nobody is doing better than him.Where is the replacement in no 4.Name somebody.......
Junaid averages better than him in tests, 26.91 compared to 23.02
Old September 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

No comment. (Seriously? Kono comment er ki dorkar o achhe?) :|
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 25, 2011, 11:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

should ash play for bd?...NO....would ash play for bd?..YES
Old September 25, 2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Idk wat to say i like ash but hate to see him do bad! doing bad hurts him even more so i just dont kno i say its stuart laws pick
Old September 25, 2011, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

If he somehow manage to reincarnate himself from ash to be that Mohammad Ashraful he used to be I would be proud to pick him for any series. To be honest personally I have no hatred for him nor for any cricketer. I used to clap like a baby when he used to play those marvelous strokes. But his continuous failure hurts more than Tamim/Shakib's failure cause I know those two got enough potentiality to come back anyway. But Ashraful's failure hurts like watching someone dying without proper treatment in front of my eyes. A talented cricketer getting wasted away. May be he needs special treatment/care like those inattentive students instead of bullying,bashing,avoiding. He is still young, may be not vital for the team but neither less useful than his competitors for that role in the team. You know what an inform Ashraful is able to do and you are also watching what inform others can do too. Comparing to Ashraful's inform performance Roquibul, Nafees, Kapali, Junaed, Imrul's inform performance still less effective for winning a match. I cant remember when did these mentioned on everybody's 11 listed players single handedly won historical matches for Bangladesh.Remember winning against Zimbabwe is now just daal-vaat and this winning habit was also introduced by Mohammad Ashraful after a 4/5 years long drought of win. So this man has definitely something which you can get from others expect Shakib/Tamim. No one even from pre-Ashraful history of Bangladesh cricket had this sort of unexplainable impact(don't call fluke!) in the game. The fact is this guy has been wrongfully treated by us since his debut. His being a never_seen_before_tremendous_Bangladeshi_Batsman fame attracted newly test playing nation's mass fans of less cricketing knowledge that we unconscious started to worship like Indians does with Sachin. Problem is inexperienced Ashraful failed to take the immense pressure unlike Indian team full of 10 more talented players except Sachin. Whereas Mr. Ashraful has been being the scapegoat for not single handedly winning every match even though 10 others of the team had less or not effective contribution. Since the lime light was upon him so the reaction of whole team's failure costs more ill treatment for him. I know his unforgivable stupidity but then again bashing him only makes no sense. Its been a culture. God forbids soon its going to be another Chuck Norris thingy. But please lets understand he is no superman nor he is less effective than mentioned players above. If he can do well that's good for our country. Let us all hope that Ashraful_Tamim_Shakib_Mushfiq_Riyad and etc will be playing good cricket for Bangladesh and make us prouder than others. We are a very poor country with lots of financial,political,natural calamities and cricket is one of the fewest thing we can be united and enjoy for. But at the same time we are also brainwashed by politics. we like to create political drama in every good thing related to Bangladesh. There are few guys behind the scene playing game with these players too. So if we follow and act like those villains' bizarre politics we will see the pathetic demise of our Cricket

Stop hating the puppet instead of protesting against the master of the puppet.

goodnight.

-mb
Old September 25, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Ki je bolsen apnara..ash Ekhon ageyr theke Beshi sonde ase..ar kisu din dhore run passe na..peye jabe..
Old September 25, 2011, 01:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Ki je bolsen apnara..ash Ekhon ageyr theke Beshi sonde ase..ar kisu din dhore run passe na..peye jabe..
he used to get runs sometimes but generally he never gets runs
Old September 25, 2011, 01:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Emon, I agree with you in most cases, but in Ashraful's case, I just can't agree.

I think the time has come to treat ashraful like any other player for selection purposes. He performs, he stays. he does not, he goes. it should be that simple now.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

I did not vote for the poll.

because selection for Against Pakistan should be based on WI series performance. Someone like Ashraful, Nafees, and a few others, who do not have an ensured place in the squad, should get into the team only for a series by series basis. until they cement their spot in the team. so for the WI series, Ashraful should be in the team, based on his performance from Zimbabwe test, and BCB cup performance. but he should not be assured of a place in the Pakistan series squad, unless he performs with the bat in the WI series.
Old September 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Massive NO!!!
Old September 25, 2011, 02:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

still ash deserve to play for bd
Old September 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

To be honest we don't have any better player than this broken Tela ghari aka Ashrafail. They are all nearly same tomatoes.So I guess he will be select again and again until he becomes Mumtaz 4th husband.lol

Old September 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

His stats? Our stats are just. . . . Only 4 players with 75+ SR, two not active at the moment....
Old September 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Since sources (although not quite reliable) say that Law likes Ashrafuke, I would support the idea of giving him one more chance (but that has to be the last one in a long time) to test out the new chemistry. But if he fails we shouldn't be too upset as it would be expected.
Old September 25, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hell no. Its a damn joke that he's still in the team for his sporadic "eid innings". If you're done with the regulars, give youngsters a chance.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 25, 2011, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Kufa hot'hao, kiriket bachao!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)