facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2011, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Default Shakib expects home advantage.

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh allrounder, has said the conditions in Mirpur would favour his side more than West Indies in the series starting this week. Shakib, who last month was relieved of the captaincy, was also bullish about Bangladesh's chances during the series.

"I don't see many problems in Mirpur," he said after training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium. "We have played in England and also against Australia here, so I don't think the short ball is much of a problem for us."

Back from Kolkata Knight Riders' Champions League T20 campaign, Shakib insisted that there was no question of burnout. "I'm very relaxed. I can think more about myself [now that I'm not captain]. I think I'm quite fresh. It's not like, 'Oh I'm mentally tired'. There's nothing like that."

Shakib also called for more international Twenty20 matches for Bangladesh. His side has played only 16 international T20 matches so far, the same as Zimbabwe, but less than half the amount other Test nations have played. "No matter how much we work on it, the best way is to play lots of matches. We play international T20s after three-six months. It becomes difficult to adjust. If we play them regularly, at least play one every series, it would do us a lot of good."

Bangladesh lost both the Test and the one-day series against Zimbabwe, their previous international engagement, but Shakib said the team was better prepared for this series. "I think the preparation has been very good. We played lots of matches, there was a tournament [BCB Cup]. We've all been working hard during the practice sessions."

The last time Bangladesh took on West Indies was in the World Cup when they were bowled out for 58. Shakib said that defeat wasn't playing on the batsmen's minds. "It is a challenge for our batsmen; if we could do well against them our confidence will be much better. But I think our batsmen have the confidence to produce the goods.

"Our batting group has to be careful and disciplined against their pace bowlers, if they want to do well. I think 150-160 is a good total here, on an average that's a good score. Making a big score is difficult in this ground as it is quite big. One needs a lot of strength to clear the rope here."
Source.
Old October 9, 2011, 04:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

thanks for not being brainless enough to shove it under shakib thread....
Old October 9, 2011, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
thanks for not being brainless enough to shove it under shakib thread....
Your welcome.
Old October 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"They [West Indies batsmen] are inexperienced, but they have good batsmen. Obviously we have to do perform in all departments if we want to do something good against them," he said.
Source.

Good to see he is not taking them lightly like they did with the Zimbo's.
Old October 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ shikkha hoise na koy din age?
Old October 10, 2011, 01:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

i am afraid if it's a turning pitch it will harm us more than them, we only have one world class spinner and so does wi but our batsmen are worse than theirs...
Old October 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
i am afraid if it's a turning pitch it will harm us more than them, we only have one world class spinner and so does wi but our batsmen are worse than theirs...
One is enough, with the back up Shakib has, at home, trust me, these guys are good.