facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old October 12, 2011, 03:49 AM
silversurf's Avatar
silversurf silversurf is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2008
Posts: 1,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Cause Nayeem is a waste at lower middle order.

He played throughout his career in top order. Sadly our NAT team management forced him to bat at lower order. His practice match runs also came batting up the order.
Well, Nayeem is a waste at lower middle order, I agree with you, but Mushy was a waste, Mahmudullah was a waste, Ash was a waste, Shakib was a waste, then who will bat at lower middle order ???
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old October 12, 2011, 03:54 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
Well, Nayeem is a waste at lower middle order, I agree with you, but Mushy was a waste, Mahmudullah was a waste, Ash was a waste, Shakib was a waste, then who will bat at lower middle order ???
i have given my batting order in a few post above this one. Probably you missed it.

Tamim
Imrul
Naeem
Ash
Mushfiq
Shakib
Kapali
Nasir
Razzak
Rubel
Shafiul

I don't see any conflict in the order.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old October 12, 2011, 03:58 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
Well, Nayeem is a waste at lower middle order, I agree with you, but Mushy was a waste, Mahmudullah was a waste, Ash was a waste, Shakib was a waste, then who will bat at lower middle order ???
good qus...naseer is also a middle order bat...amader lower middle order e khelar keu nai...we miss Mash
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:00 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
good qus...naseer is also a middle order bat...amader lower middle order e khelar keu nai...we miss Mash
His batting style suits lower middle order too. At least he has been effective there so far.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:02 AM
silversurf's Avatar
silversurf silversurf is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2008
Posts: 1,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
i have given my batting order in a few post above this one. Probably you missed it.

Tamim
Imrul
Naeem
Ash
Mushfiq
Shakib
Kapali
Nasir
Razzak
Rubel
Shafiul

I don't see any conflict in the order.
no conflict. then Shakib, Kapali and Nasir is our lower middle order, right. By the way, is nasir is included as a batsman / bowler / all rounder ??? another thing, Shakib and Kapali is more experienced then Naeem, don't u think so ??
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:08 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
no conflict. then Shakib, Kapali and Nasir is our lower middle order, right. By the way, is nasir is included as a batsman / bowler / all rounder ??? another thing, Shakib and Kapali is more experienced then Naeem, don't u think so ??
Shakib can be played up the order too. He is our best batsman in ODI so far.

Kapali may be more experienced. But he is not a top order material to me. His FC average is 28.79 and List A average is 26.25. It clearly shows he he lacks long time batting temperament. But he has massive hitting ability. So it's better to keep him in the lower middle order if we need to play him.

Nayeem's FC average is 36.92 and List A average is 32.58. He plays in top order for every team except the NAT side.

Kapali's style is more effective in the lower order and Nayeem's style is more effective in the top order. If we have to play them then we should try to utilize them properly.

Probably Nasir is included as a handy all rounder who can be given a few overs with the ball and score quickly in the lower middle order.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:10 AM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

hey everyone! Wanted to make a poll on thursday's match. Want help from the mods/admin...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:12 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
hey everyone! Wanted to make a poll on thursday's match. Want help from the mods/admin...
Just create a thread and PM the MODs about the poll.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:31 AM
silversurf's Avatar
silversurf silversurf is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2008
Posts: 1,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Shakib can be played up the order too. He is our best batsman in ODI so far.

Kapali may be more experienced. But he is not a top order material to me. His FC average is 28.79 and List A average is 26.25. It clearly shows he he lacks long time batting temperament. But he has massive hitting ability. So it's better to keep him in the lower middle order if we need to play him.

Nayeem's FC average is 36.92 and List A average is 32.58. He plays in top order for every team except the NAT side.

Kapali's style is more effective in the lower order and Nayeem's style is more effective in the top order. If we have to play them then we should try to utilize them properly.

Probably Nasir is included as a handy all rounder who can be given a few overs with the ball and score quickly in the lower middle order.
so it is the FC and List A average we are using to set our batting order, right ? then Ash should bat in lower place then Shak and Naeem, right ? Probably Naeem's was also included as a handy all rounder like nasir who can be given a few over's with the ball and score quickly in the lower middle order, but Kapali was introduced as a batsman I think untill he got the hattrick in the test match with his occasional leg spin, am i right ?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:35 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,341

Badly need to win the toss first and make them bat first. Seems like WI bowlers sweat a lot which makes hard to grip the ball
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:40 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
so it is the FC and List A average we are using to set our batting order, right ? then Ash should bat in lower place then Shak and Naeem, right ? Probably Naeem's was also included as a handy all rounder like nasir who can be given a few over's with the ball and score quickly in the lower middle order, but Kapali was introduced as a batsman I think untill he got the hattrick in the test match with his occasional leg spin, am i right ?
Naeem is not a quick scoring solution, unfortunately. His 6 sixes in domestic cricket earned the name for him. But he failed to score quickly a lot of times in the lower order.

About Ash, he tried in all the possible positions and didn't click that much anywhere. If you want to bat him down the order, I have no problem. I really don't expect much from him.

Average and successful position in one's career is definitely something we should look at before deciding someone's batting position. Otherwise we can play Tamim down the order. Do we do that?
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:48 AM
silversurf's Avatar
silversurf silversurf is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2008
Posts: 1,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Naeem is not a quick scoring solution, unfortunately. His 6 sixes in domestic cricket earned the name for him. But he failed to score quickly a lot of times in the lower order.

About Ash, he tried in all the possible positions and didn't click that much anywhere. If you want to bat him down the order, I have no problem. I really don't expect much from him.

Average and successful position in one's career is definitely something we should look at before deciding someone's batting position. Otherwise we can play Tamim down the order. Do we do that?
What is the FC and List A average of the other player's in our team including Tamim and Imrul.
About Naeem, his 6 sixes in domenstic cricket, in which postion he was batting ?
About Ash, don't u think this marry go round with his batting position effected not only his batting also our team combination. Another thing, I come to know that Ash was also included first time in the team as a Bowler who can bat, is it true ?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old October 12, 2011, 04:56 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
My team for tomorrows match.

Tamim: Automatic Choice

Imrul: Automatic Choice

Naeem: He is an innings builder. Need someone like that at #3 who can build the innings and accelerate later on. Very handy off spinner as well.

Ash: Gambling. Can be tried as a partnership breaker bowler.

Mushfiq: Most reliable batsman in the team right now.

Shakib: Hope he gets his form back. Best spinner in the team.

Kapali: 1 T20 innings proves nothing. Needs to give more chances. Can be given few overs with the ball.

Nasir: Best solution for lower middle order.

Razzak: He has lot of offer in the ODIs.

Rubel: Best pacer in the country right now.

Shafiul: Looks to have his rhythm back.
Bro, don't disagree too much.

Ash should be only in the T20 match. His no-responsibility-taken style works only in T20 format. While watching him yesterday, I could only shake my head. No bowler was able to bother him. What a waste of talent!

Kapali should get this entire series. He made it back to the team after a long time and we should assess his performance based on a few matches. I don't know if he would succeed, but we should give him the chance.

I like Naeem at #3. Everyone else failed here. Perhaps, Naeem is the answer. Only time will tell.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:03 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
What is the FC and List A average of the other player's in our team including Tamim and Imrul.
About Naeem, his 6 sixes in domenstic cricket, in which postion he was batting ?
About Ash, don't u think this marry go round with his batting position effected not only his batting also our team combination. Another thing, I come to know that Ash was also included first time in the team as a Bowler who can bat, is it true?
Ash was in the top-order in 100+ ODI matches. He averaged about 23.

That match-winning inning led to his decline, I feel. I don't think BD had a batsman with better eyes and hand-eye coordination. But, something is missing between the ears.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:04 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Bro, don't disagree too much.

Ash should be only in the T20 match. His no-responsibility-taken style works only in T20 format. While watching him yesterday, I could only shake my head. No bowler was able to bother him. What a waste of talent!

Kapali should get this entire series. He made it back to the team after a long time and we should assess his performance based on a few matches. I don't know if he would succeed, but we should give him the chance.

I like Naeem at #3. Everyone else failed here. Perhaps, Naeem is the answer. Only time will tell.
I am in fan of Ash now. I had been a good fan of him in the past.

But there is a saying that JS destroyed him. So I want to give Ash 2 series at least under Law from now on to see if there any improvement. Otherwise drop him for at least 2 years.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:17 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
What is the FC and List A average of the other player's in our team including Tamim and Imrul.
About Naeem, his 6 sixes in domenstic cricket, in which postion he was batting ?
About Ash, don't u think this marry go round with his batting position effected not only his batting also our team combination. Another thing, I come to know that Ash was also included first time in the team as a Bowler who can bat, is it true ?
Tamim: 40.35 and 30.26
Imrul: 25.40 and 33.64
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:23 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I am in fan of Ash now. I had been a good fan of him in the past.

But there is a saying that JS destroyed him. So I want to give Ash 2 series at least under Law from now on to see if there any improvement. Otherwise drop him for at least 2 years.
You must remember what a big fan I was! We had a lot of discussions about him.

What is his excuse before JS? Having said that, I am not opposed to give him a chance. If he can realize even 50% of his capability, he will be one of the best batsman in the world. We'll all be happy with that. But, this should be his last opportunity.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:36 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
What is the FC and List A average of the other player's in our team including Tamim and Imrul.
About Naeem, his 6 sixes in domenstic cricket, in which postion he was batting ?
About Ash, don't u think this marry go round with his batting position effected not only his batting also our team combination. Another thing, I come to know that Ash was also included first time in the team as a Bowler who can bat, is it true ?
Here you go...
Player
No of FC Matches
FC Average
No of List A Matches
List A Average
Tamim Iqbal
41
40.35
121
30.26
Imrul Kayes
36
25.40
74
33.64
Md Ashraful
109
28.28
221
23.94
Shakib Al Hasan
56
33.18
143
32.86
Alok Kapali
86
28.79
134
26.25
Mushfiq Rahim
49
28.62
126
28.44
Nayeem Islam
57
36.92
91
32.58
Nasir Hossain
22
31.29
32
30.22
Mahmudullah
53
34.94
119
32.02
Shuvagata Hom
10
61.26
16
17.61
Jahurul Islam
68
36.36
55
22.56
Shahriar Nafees
49
31.69
97
30.31
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:41 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
You must remember what a big fan I was! We had a lot of discussions about him.

What is his excuse before JS? Having said that, I am not opposed to give him a chance. If he can realize even 50% of his capability, he will be one of the best batsman in the world. We'll all be happy with that. But, this should be his last opportunity.
Bhyia
He will play. Our board and selectors feel that he should play. So it's better to accept the fact and think how to improve him as a player.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old October 12, 2011, 05:51 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,341

Quote:
Can Bangladesh live up to expectations?

The Preview by Nitin Sundar
October 12, 2011


Match Facts
Bangladesh v West Indies, October 13, Mirpur
Start time 1330 (0730 GMT)


Mushfiqur Rahim's challenge begins now © Associated Press
Enlarge
Related Links
Matches: Bangladesh v West Indies at Dhaka
Series/Tournaments: West Indies tour of Bangladesh
Teams: Bangladesh | West Indies




Big Picture

When Mushfiqur Rahim slammed the penultimate ball of the tour opener for a match-winning six, the packed stands in Mirpur erupted as one. It was a spontaneous expression of joy from a crowd that hadn't seen their side winning a Twenty20 international since 2007. But the reaction also underlined the dangerous extremes inhabited by the Bangladesh cricket fan. While their team has struggled to shed the minnow tag - the occasional series wins against West Indies and New Zealand notwithstanding - the fans have tended to look at each victory as a new dawn, and every defeat as a national slight.

Mushfiqur's biggest challenge as he takes over the leadership will be finding ways to manage these unfair expectations. It was a challenge that caught up with Shakib Al Hasan during Bangladesh's roller-coaster World Cup campaign. One day he was joking with journalists, relieved after a hard-fought win against Ireland, only for the video to go viral and earn him brickbats after the crushing loss to West Indies. When Bangladesh somehow scrambled to victory against England in their next game, Shakib was in tears - the reaction of a man forced to live on the edge.

Mushfiqur would have seen Shakib's travails from close quarters, and will have to tread the tricky line now. Tuesday's win has already raised expectations, and a change in form will not be easily tolerated. Mushfiqur must be concerned since West Indies have the personnel to effect a turnaround. The exclusion of Devendra Bishoo caught up with them on the spinner-friendly Mirpur surface, but they are unlikely to repeat the gaffe on the same pitch. The visitors will also be bolstered by the inclusion of Kieron Pollard, who has developed a reputation for minnow-bashing. The biggest worry for the visitors will be their middle order's dodginess against Bangladesh's platoon of left-arm spinners. The in-form Marlon Samuels will remain their point man, but can Darren Bravo and the rest play around him?

Spotlight

With Chris Gayle seemingly out of the picture, Adrian Barath will be expected to take over as the prime mover in the West Indies top order. Barath has the game to do well at the highest level - you don't hit Test hundreds on debut at the Gabba without having serious talent. West Indies' emphasis on youth gives him an extended opportunity at the top and he will want to capitalise when the ball is new.

"Honest trier." "Never-say-die attitude." "Can't be faulted for effort." Darren Sammy's supporters tend to deal in intangibles when they explain his value to the side. If emotions are cast aside, Sammy comes across as a limited, but effective, back-up seamer, while his batting is of the hit-or-miss variety. Questions remain over whether he justifies a spot in the side, potentially at the expense of the pacy Kemar Roach. Sammy will want to lay those questions to rest in this series.

Team news

Pollard should come in for Danza Hyatt in the West Indies middle order, while Bishoo could slot in for Carlos Brathwaite. Given the frailty of the batting line-up against spin, Kieran Powell might feature in team discussions as well.

West Indies (probable): 1 Adrian Barath, 2 Lendl Simmons, 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Marlon Samuels, 5 Kieron Pollard, 6 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 7 Andre Russell, 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Ravi Rampaul, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Anthony Martin / Kemar Roach

Bangladesh are unlikely to alter their combination, though Shuvagoto Hom could push Alok Kapali out of the XI. Mahmudullah's continued absence should give Nasir Hossain another chance to come good.

Bangladesh
(probable): 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Shakib Al Hasan, 4 Mohammad Ashraful, 5 Alok Kapali, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 7 Naeem Islam, 8 Nasir Hossain, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Shafiul Islam, 11 Rubel Hossain

Stats & Trivia

  • Bangladesh have beaten West Indies only three times in 17 attempts, all during their 2009 tour of the Caribbean, against a third-string side
  • Tuesday's T20I win was Bangladesh's first at home against West Indies, across all formats

Quotes

"Since we had three wickets left, I knew that even if I mis-hit the shot and we ran one or two there would still be a chance to win."
Mushfiqur Rahim explains his thought process before hitting the match-winning six in the T20I
I will be highly disappointed if Kapali gets axed.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old October 12, 2011, 06:43 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

ঐ খায়া লামু
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old October 12, 2011, 06:57 AM
SMHasan's Avatar
SMHasan SMHasan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 3,061

I am feeling sad because no satellite channel will cover it. I am disgusted at BCB that they sold the rights to Nimbus who do not care at all.

I have never seen such a spineless sport governing body like BCB.
__________________

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old October 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I am feeling sad because no satellite channel will cover it. I am disgusted at BCB that they sold the rights to Nimbus who do not care at all.

I have never seen such a spineless sport governing body like BCB.
I think PTV Terrestrial will cover it.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old October 12, 2011, 07:27 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,886

Ar wait korte shojjo hocche na....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old October 12, 2011, 07:27 AM
zunaid_bd zunaid_bd is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 14, 2011
Location: dhaka
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 549

yess this is very sad we have to watch it in BTV
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket