facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

An acute and correct understanding of the match situation, that's what I love about NasHos. Not as naturally gifted as Shakib, he always compensates with intelligent application of what he has in all 3 formats. He'll hit out or get out when needed and won't stick around just to up his average. A true tiger and a great find for Bangladesh.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Nasir is not a finisher, if he is to bat somewhere he shud bat at no. 3 or 4 because he is a good runner and looks for runs. Thats where we failed yesterday, lack of intent on taking the singles. 6 is too low esp. when some1 like riyad comes at 5, infact, riyad shudnt even be in the team
Old June 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
An acute and correct understanding of the match situation, that's what I love about NasHos. Not as naturally gifted as Shakib, he always compensates with intelligent application of what he has in all 3 formats. He'll hit out or get out when needed and won't stick around just to up his average. A true tiger and a great find for Bangladesh.
Why do you think he has had more immediate success at this level than Mushy? He also seems to be an able and hard working batsman but has struggled to be consistent in the international arena.
Old June 17, 2012, 11:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Why do you think he has had more immediate success at this level than Mushy? He also seems to be an able and hard working batsman but has struggled to be consistent in the international arena.
I feel most players of his generation have a more positive and wise outlook to begin with, and think he's more focused than Mushfique, is always looking to rotate the strike when getting his eye in rather than getting his eye in and then start rotating the strike, and plays higher percentage shots when he can while being aware of his limitations. He can also keep good to full length deliveries bowled at pace out.

Other than that, both are very brave cricketers and have what it takes character-wise.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

^^ Yeah, I think that's fair. Nasir's abilities to exploit gaps is admirable and coupled with his great RBW, I can only see him get better in the limited overs formats. But I have a feeling that like most of our batsmen he'll have difficulty in Test matches as the frailties in his technique (i.e. slashing at the ball outside of offstump, over-reliance on legside shots) will be exposed by quality Test bowlers.
Old June 17, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
^^ Yeah, I think that's fair. Nasir's abilities to exploit gaps is admirable and coupled with his great RBW, I can only see him get better in the limited overs formats. But I have a feeling that like most of our batsmen he'll have difficulty in Test matches as the frailties in his technique (i.e. slashing at the ball outside of offstump, over-reliance on legside shots) will be exposed by quality Test bowlers.
Give him time. The boy has the genuine desire to sustain success at this level and the talent for learning from his mistakes quickly. I feel he'll become a batting mainstay in 3 years max. Of course we'll need to play more tests and genuine FCs before his long game gets better.
Old June 18, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Nasir, like Shakib, is a player. He's a game-maker, conventionality goes out the window. By comparison Mushfiq is very much a proper cricketer, a proper batsman. He's far more orthodox, and as such has followed a more orthodox rise to his career. Nasir and Shakib are one of those geniuses who will shine brighter as time goes on.
Old June 18, 2012, 02:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I feel that he needs to bowl more! He can be a very effective partnership breaker if developed correctly, or even more than that!
Old June 20, 2012, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

I feel he is not T20 material OR he is still raw and lacks sufficient exposure in this format . Didn't have a great BPL and his bowling isnt anything special . Unless he improves drastically with the bat in the upcoming matches , I wouldnt be suprised if he isn't on the plane to Sri Lanka for the T20 WC.
Old June 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
I feel he is not T20 material OR he is still raw and lacks sufficient exposure in this format . Didn't have a great BPL and his bowling isnt anything special .
Umad bro? He had the third highest average behind Shak and Mushy in BPL. Besides he did get like 29*(15) in the first match. Just sayin'.

HE didn't get to ball unfortunately, although I don't rate his bowling much either (perhaps almost as good as Mullah) - although he did bowl some rippers in ODIs.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:00 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
I feel he is not T20 material OR he is still raw and lacks sufficient exposure in this format . Didn't have a great BPL and his bowling isnt anything special . Unless he improves drastically with the bat in the upcoming matches , I wouldnt be suprised if he isn't on the plane to Sri Lanka for the T20 WC.
But who could replace him? Despite having a 'below-average' BPL, he still has a batting average of 25+ and a SR of 107 in 17 innings. Most of the Bangladeshi players have an SR between 100-120 with a lower average. (Only Ash has a 141 SR in T20Is) That coupled with his great fielding makes him an indispensable asset for the immediate future. For him to be replaced, someone on the fringes like Junaid/Jahurul/Farhad Reza/Anamul would have to make a real bang, so that the whole batting order is reshuffled.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:48 AM
Banned

this is probably the 3rd of 4th time only that nasir failed to score 5 or more runs
Old June 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

this is ike he 2nd time not 3rd or 4th..
Old June 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Nasir is in a lot of ways like Shakib when batting. They both have unorthodox ways of scoring but they get the job done in the end. Also both of them can take singles at ease and have good temperaments.I'm very confident that him along with Anamul and Mominul will end up being very good players for us in the near future.
Old June 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default Latest Hot news

Nasir is very fine. He is future of Bangladesh. He can beat any team any time. I hope more success in her life.
[]
Old June 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

How did you forget nasir's previous innings of 29 from 15 balls? only for one innings failure,you say nasir isn't a t20 material! ridiculas supporters!!! dhat! mshfiq valo na,tamim valo na,nasir kono player e na,ashraful khelai jane na! du din por south africa r sathe match jitle ederkai abar world bitter bolben! tar chaite bangladesh cricket team ta kai bad kore den!
Old June 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by advanced891
Nasir is very fine. He is future of Bangladesh. He can beat any team any time. I hope more success in her life.
[]
এইসব পাগল ছাগল আইল কই থিকা?
Old June 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[]
Old June 20, 2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
[]
hmmmm...i agree bro...
Old June 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuDarda
bhai ektu respect dhekaye kotha bolen..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 20, 2012, 02:11 PM
Banned

abu darda bhai, eirokom koriyen na. Amader playerder je English amra to oderkeu pagol sagol koite partam. Ekhon abar boliyen na je eta ekta Forum hen-ten, amader playerra jodi eto poor English skill diyeu shara jaigai khela-dula korte jai amader fan-der o problem ki?

Advanced891 bhai ekhane kintu unar opinion share korar jonno ekhane ashche And he is allowed to do that.

Advanced891: Apnar jodi Engrejite kotha bolte oshubidha hoi apni banglai likhte paren. But ekta jinish, dua kore Nasirke bhobisshot banai feilen na, ebong o ekta meye na. Ar ekta player eka kono teamke harate pare na, karon cricket mathe team-proti 11 jon khele
Old June 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuDarda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
bhai ektu respect dhekaye kotha bolen..

Lol, while I agree but it would be funny if you are defending a robot.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Nasir is improving. However, I think he should concentrate on being a batsman and forget about his bowling. With Shakib, Raj, Sunny, Riyad in the team, he has no chance to bowl.

As a batsman, he has more responsibility with the bat and therefore must improve accordingly
Old June 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Lol, while I agree but it would be funny if you are defending a robot.
is he?

Old June 21, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
[]
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]