facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2015, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Default BPL 3: Should We Have It? Why? How We Should Have It?

Minus the corruption, the scandal, match fixing, non payment, BPL 1 and 2 did have a positive impact on our cricket, and had a role in our success in 2012, 2013.

Its also pretty clear a lot of India's success in recent times could be attributed to IPL. Like the fall of Berlin Wall, IPL removed the fear, raised confidence of young Indian players-allowing them to improve mentally and technically by playing with and against the best in the trade.

Which brings me to the title thread or debate. Should We Have BPL3 ? Why Should We Have BPL 3?

Ian Ponts interview with Cricinfo reveals how easily our cricket can be destroyed by corrupt rich individuals with more interest in their fame than the game itself. BCB also showed its incompetence with regards to payment to players, coaches despite the promises/guarantees it made. There are doubts whether even B or C grade foreign cricketers would think of coming back should there be a BPL 3. In terms of sports administration etc both editions were severely flawed-enough to damage hopes of running BPL in future. Even now we are not sure how equipped or ready BCB is to host such a competition.

If you think we should have BPL 3, what change would you want to see, how would you want it to be run?
Old April 6, 2015, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Imo BPL or any form of Franchise domestic cricket is absolutely essential for the growth of our cricket. Till date both editions of BPL have been by far the most competitive, intense domestic competitions. The NCL and even the Dhaka Premier League lack the competitiveness required to bring out the best in our players. Players play for themselves than their teams, there is no real connection to their sides or one another, no pressure. In BPL in contrast, with the publicity, higher prize money, players stepped up. Younger lesser known faces also knew this was their opportunity for fame. The likes of Mominul, Anamul, Shabbir all took their opportunity.

Re-starting this competition should thus be a high priority task for BCB imo.

How should be run? First thing we musnt try to compete with our neighbours. I dont mind it being run in a smaller, lower budget, less glamorous scale. Entertainment is important, but let it come from the cricket, not the cheer leaders, behind the scene activities. Secondly BCB must screen the franchise owners very carefully, and develop some regulation which requires franchises to pay players up front-this could make or break BPL. Thirdly we dont need big name foreign superstars, or be at the mercy of another cricket board. The priority should be our own players. Even if you just add some associate players, the quality of our domestic cricket will improve. But obviously we should also aim for players from top 8 countries, but not necessarily the big names. Fourth, BPL must be run at a scheduled time everyyear with a plus minus one month variation. BCB has a tendency of running its domestic events as and when it pleases. Sth that has to stop.
Old April 6, 2015, 02:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

yes definitely they should arrange BPL 3 before next year t20 world cup in india , also BPL boost all the players confident , this guy papon is kinda narrow minded don't know what he is thinking , seems lyk this guy have no plan sometimes , lyk last time bangladesh seat home for 6 month but he didn't even manage on series even turned down ireland series
Old April 6, 2015, 03:16 AM

I am in favour of BPL-3, if

-> All the franchisee paid in full to all the participating players in advance
Old April 6, 2015, 04:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Can we get a BC franchise?
Old April 6, 2015, 07:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yh we need one, but pay structure should be better...

Could do a shorter tournament where teams play each other once, could be done in 3 Weeks

About the pay structure, make a maximum payment salary 100k

That way players will get paid, make sure that franchises pay about 75% of the salary to bcb or a bank in a bond, that will increase international player participation, keep it simple, also get a big channel on board like espn, even slpl had that, take less money to get a big TV channel, it will increase viewership and popularity
Old April 6, 2015, 07:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

That's only the solution for non-payment issue. How would you make sure there is no corruption? I guess we need a new cricket board.
Old April 6, 2015, 07:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

May be in a holding account. Players may not get a game or get injured and not get a game. Then the bench whoever, is coming in, will get paid.

If only we could beef our 3/4 day regional games like this. That is where you make players. T20 is bonus entertainment for some.
Old April 6, 2015, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Interesting point regarding TV tiger1000. If one of Star Sports, Ten Sports, Neo Sports or even Sony agrees to cover then the tournament will get a lot of coverage.

But after WC 2015, will Indian media be very interested in covering a Bangladeshi tournament? And also their main audience will always compare with IPL and find faults.
Old April 6, 2015, 12:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I would like to see a BPL before the t20 world cup,it should be managed better,would like oz players involved if its during domestic season then our plain t20 players like blizzard,birt,hodge etc.
Problem if you hold it in april/may can't get english,needs to be in february after big bash which is dec/jan.Can't be during ipl.But yeh accountability and maintaining players paid is the major thing the last 2 haven't done.
Old April 6, 2015, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

BPL can be remodelled in 2 different ways.

1st way: (my ideal solution)

Have it structured like BigBash. So each team will have 2 foreign players as opposed to 4 or 5. Filling out 4 foreign quota along with a few substitutes is very difficult and financially expensive. It also doesnt promote our game very well since a lot of our proven performers dont get the opportunity. Less foreign players means less financial investment/commitment for franchises. Filling our deshi quota is inexpensive barring a handful national XI players. now the 2 foreign player policy can actually improve the standard of the tournament because the franchise can afford to make big buys. get some top class players from Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies and have them come play the whole or part of the tournament. When I mean big buys, it doesnt have to be Maxwell, AB, Morgan, Malinga but could be players like Lakmal, Elliot, Rossow, Bravo, Wahab, Milne, Ryan Ten and so on. These players arent necessarily t20 stars but they are better T20 players than most if not all of our players. with proper payment, the league can attract some top players too as many top batsmen like Hales, Morgan, Gayle, Finch are looking to get experience in subcontinent conditions. Get more good seamers and get them to partner up with our seamers and get some top orders to partner up with ours. Also, avoid getting retired big names as it doesnt interest their respective countries. Who would u be more interested to see in foreign conditions? Tusher Imran or Liton Kumar? It works the same way with other countries. You pick players like Rossow, Milne you generally draw an interest from their serious followers as they try to identify the adaptability in foreign conditions for these young players. No one from South Africa cares how well Justin Kemp will do in Bangladesh.

the second solution:

Well with good relationships with ZIM, WI, SL and now hopefully PAK boards... it should be easy to fill up the quota with mid grade players from WI, SL, PAK and some top players from the lower nations like ZIM, IRE, AFG, NTH and so on. This will result in a low profile but possibly thrilling tournament of equally talented foreign and locals. The tournament will also strengthen the relationship with these boards and manage to draw supporters from the respective countries. But the salary structure will have to be carefully structured and ensure the large pool of foreigns are paid properly. But again, to me, having Morgan come and play is better than having Sikandar, Stirling, Shenwari combined.

I dont need to mention payment issues because its that obvious but the franchises need to do a better job promoting their teams and create a sense of passion. Its not hard and certainly not in a country like Bangladesh. BCB will do better to take the game out of Dhaka and assign home grounds.

for example,

Dhaka- Shere Bangla
Chittagong- Zohur Ali
Barisal- M.A Aziz
Syllet- Syhllet Divisional
Khulna- Khulna
Rajshahi- Fatullah
Rangpur- Dhaka/ Fatullah/Khulna/Chandu
Old April 6, 2015, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know exactly they going to do it. But next BPL is must have for us or our cricket going no where. We basically don't have good structure so only tournament like BPL can help us, or soon we will see our team going backwards.
Old April 7, 2015, 01:37 AM
Banned for 1 month

Favorite Player: The Champion

Am confident BPL is gonna happen again. Yes, there were controversies, but BCB knows it that even after embarassments, BPL is still a potential cash-cow. Or else, BCB wouldn't even think about it. But they've always talked about staging BPL 3.
Old April 7, 2015, 01:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: maxwel,miler-ryder-warner

hire lolit modi--he has master plan for this kind of tournament.
Old April 7, 2015, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Agree with rinathq. I think the 5 foreigner per team needs adjustment. We had guys like Ahmed Shehzad batting high up and then bowling full quota, whereas he never even bowls in international cricket. More foreign players we have, the less our guys will be given opportunity with bat, ball or in the field.

Make it 4 like IPL, perhaps 3 from test teams one from associate.

Also it would be great to see the franchises have local captains. Captaincy is sth you need to learn through experience. No benefit if someone like a Brad Hodge or some County cricketer comes and starts captaining.
Old April 7, 2015, 08:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Make the Dhakaites thief owner pay the players first.

I remember in the last BPL Dhakaya fans were boasting how rich their team is, buying Gayle for few games paying such amount and other big players like Dilhsan, and how others are poor. WE knew after their owner was a chooor and had been robbing others of Payments

why buy big platyers when you havent gopt the money?

This is my view:

NO BPL again for the next few years. SORT IT OUT first. Organise it. DONT want nations cricket to be disgraced again with such poor organisation. Make the org, competent, organise, home and way fixtures, improve the divisional stadiums, that way more fans get to support their local teams. Even if it will take another few years, be it. One of the most importantly organise the payment system of players salary PROPERLY, ensuring players get their due right on time, no delays.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

BPL 3rd edition is going to be held in December this year.

Source: Ekattor TV
Old May 10, 2015, 11:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Can we get a BC franchise?
The name of the team will be Banglacricket Tiger teethers, captain by the immovable object Zeeshan, others in the team :

Tigers_eye
Kalpurush
bujhee Kom
Mas_UK
dilscoop
Naim
RinaTh
I dumb
ZuNaid
ace of BD

It will be managed by the one and only shamim chowdury , while AAK will be the coach.

More to come...
Old May 10, 2015, 02:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Kamal Mustafa will make BPL-3 happen at any cost! I am happy for the players...

Youngsters like Liton, Anamul, Soumya, Mustafizur, Abul, Taskin et all, will get a chance to showcase their talent.
Old May 10, 2015, 02:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

By this we will get chance to see players like litton or shadman in future. I am really dying to see this two bats because I have doubt if litton is domestic bully like tushar or shadman is like super slow naeem..
Old May 10, 2015, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Definitely tournaments like BPL, CPL etc. has an encouraging value for a cricket team to uplift their game and it was proven. Though, current BD team has achieved lot more than usual expectation. So, although as a fan I may like the idea of having such a high profile tournament, the inherent risk and whether it is a necessity or not for the current situation of the players and team is a vital question to answer.
Old May 10, 2015, 05:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

They risk getting lesser overseas players this time with the unpaid wages.maybe this time they will get players from Kenya,Nambia,Canada and USA.
Old May 10, 2015, 05:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I hope it happens, enjoyed seeing Stirlo smash some sixes. That guy needs exposure, t20 is made for him
Old May 10, 2015, 06:23 PM
Banned for 1 month

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
They risk getting lesser overseas players this time with the unpaid wages.maybe this time they will get players from Kenya,Nambia,Canada and USA.
....such t20 tournaments have all had their share of problems, from IPL fixing saga to ICL's failed attempts.....SLPL also stopped...PSL couldn't even kick off from ground....as for BPL, yes they've been rocked by scandals...but even 25-50% of payments which the cricketers got from the last two editions is good enough incentive for them to keep coming back....the biggest proof is that the 2nd edition still managed to attract the same number of international stars as the first edition....keep dreaming for the failure of Bangladesh cricket..but if you live on that hope...get ready for disappointment...watch BPL 3 come back stronger......
Old May 10, 2015, 06:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was kidding ACE my sense of humour.
Wonder who they can get middle of most summers.
They will get european players and afghanistan,nepal has some good cricketers.
Oz players have swarn off BPL.
So maybe English and Pakistanis i guess,mnaybe sri lankans.
I get it something is better than nothing,but the board needs to guarentee payments.