facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2011, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Sunny's bright start is a great story for many reasons. Here are some that I think are big.
1) It's a sign of our maturation as a cricketing nation. We are not throwing some 18-19 year old on the Test arena. Rather a seasoned professional. We need a balance of these pros and the precocious talents (like Nasir) for us to be successful.

2) It sends a great message to the mid, late 20s cricket players that their ship has not already sailed. That if they do the hard yards in domestic cricket, international glory is still possible. Old pros are the incubators of new talents and we need the likes of Nafis Iqbal, Tushar Imran, Faisal Hossain to play long in the domestic circuit. And if they do consistently well, they can bring their game to the Tests.

3) It somehow shows that despite ALL the odds stacked against our domestic cricket, the standard is ok enough to breed _some_ international class players. Let's not forget, Imrul Kayes is also a output of domestic cricket and not some academy.

4) Sunny's fearlessness in flighting the ball should shake Shakib out of his limited-overs overdose induced, Bhajji-esque, flatness. Recently Shakib has been firing the ball in too much and a little too full. Witness how Sunny was causing the batters to lunge forward while Shak they could defend just by getting a little forward. Shakib is a competitor and a good thinker of the game. He's going to be sleeping on his lack of wickets and the success of Sunny and tomorrow I'm optimistic that he'll be bowling slower and and with a bit more of an intent to attack rather than contain.
These are all fantastic points, and the most important one being it[Sunny's inclusion] shows we do not rely on 'promising' young players, rather are going for tested players with loads of experience.

Can't remember who wrote this, but someone in this forum mentioned how much difference the number of wickets you have taken/runs you have scored makes. With every single wicket you get, you learn something and there are no substitute to it. With already a fair few wickets at various level under his belt Sunny already knows how to get a batsman out and that is a crucial skill to have.

I also love the way he flighted the ball, if I were part of the management, I would just lock him for tests for the time being. I hope overdose of limited over cricket does not ruin his flight and trajectory.

Also, it shows that a test cap is not a laughing matter anymore. I still remember in early 2000s when we were giving away test caps to any jodu-modu. It's tremendous to see that players realize that wearing a test cap is the highest honor a cricketer can have. I can see Sunny partnering Shakib and getting us 10-12 wickets each game for the next 6-7 years. Hope Sunny doesn't make me eat my words.
Old October 25, 2011, 07:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
He already has better bowling figures in an innings than Rubel, Shafiul and Razzak
Shafiul and Rubel are over hyped bowlers, they are the bowling version of Imrul Kayes in Test. Doodbath bowlers, we need bowlers who are suitable for the longer version, more importantly pacers who can back Sunny and Shakib.
Old October 25, 2011, 08:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

wery happy for Sunny but hope he does this often, i mean hope he gets 6+ wickets in every test.
Old October 25, 2011, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

আমি আমার মতো বোলিং করতে পারিনি: ইলিয়াস সানি

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
ছবি: বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
চট্টগ্রাম: ফিল্ডিংয়ের আগের দৃশ্যে ক্রিকেটাররা সার বেঁধে দাঁড়িয়ে। প্রধান কোচ স্টুয়ার্ট ল সাজঘর থেকে নেমে এসে নাসির হোসেনের হাতে টেস্ট ক্যাপ তুলে দেন। আপ্লুত নাসির হোসেন। ইলিয়াস সানিকে ক্যাপটা পড়িয়েই দিলেন সাকিব আল হাসান। টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে এটাই হয়। অভিষিক্ত ক্রিকেটারদের হাতে দলের পক্ষ থেকে ক্যাপ তুলে দেওয়ার নিয়ম।

প্রতীকি অর্থে মহামূল্যবান এই ক্যাপ। খেলতে খেলতে অনেক ক্যাপই তারা পাবেন কিন্তু এটি ব্যতিক্রম। অভিষেক টেস্টে ক্রিকেটারদের চেষ্টা থাকে ভালো কিছু করে দেখানোর। ইলিয়াস সানি বোলিংয়ে আলো ছড়াচ্ছেন আর নাসির হোসেন ব্যাট হাতে মোটামুটি সাইজের একটি ইনিংস খেলেছেন। যদিও সানি বড় সাফল্যের অপেক্ষায়।

ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের যে পাঁচটি উইকেট পড়েছে তার চারটিই সানির দখলে। এটাকে পাঁচ বা ততোধিক উইকেটে নিয়ে যেতেও পারেন বাঁহাতি এই অলরাউন্ডার। সোমবার ১৬ ওভারে ৫৬ রান দিয়ে চার ব্যাটসম্যানকে ফিরিয়েছেন তিনি। উইকেটের তুলনায় রান বেশি দেওয়ায় প্রত্যাশিত বোলিং হয়নি বলে দাবি করছেন সানি। কারণটা তার মুখেই শোনাযাক,“চার উইকেট নিয়ে খুশি কি না ঠিক বলতে পারছি না। আমি আমার মতো বল করতে পারিনি।”

তার মতো বলতে উইকেট কিনতে হয়েছে চড়ামূল্যে। তবে ক্যাচ না ফেললে হিসেবটা অন্যরকম হতে পারতো। চতুর্থ দিনের খেলা শেষ হওয়ার আগেই পাঁচ উইকেটের বেশি হয়ে যেতো। যদিও উইকেট হাত ফসকে যাওয়াকে খেলার অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ হিসেবে মনে করেন জাতীয় দলের এই ক্রিকেটার,“ক্যাচগ লার কথা বলতে গেলে খেলার অংশই বলতে হবে। মিস হইতেই পারে।”

৫৫টি প্রথম শ্রেণীর ম্যাচের অভিজ্ঞতা নিয়ে টেস্ট খেলার সুযোগ পেয়েছেন সানি। ২৭ বছরে এসে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট খেলার সুযোগ পেয়ে বেজায় খুশি,“প্রত্যেক ক্রিকেটারেরই স্বপ্ন থাকে টেস্ট খেলার। যে সময় সাকিব ক্যাপটা পড়িয়ে দিচ্ছিলো সেই মুহূর্তটা ভাষায় প্রকাশ করতে পারবো না। অনেক ভালো লেগেছে।”

অভিষেক ম্যাচ খেলতে গিয়ে অনেকে ভরকে গিয়ে নিজেকে মেলেই ধরতে পারেন না। অনেকে আবার বাজিমাত করেন। সাকিব, নাঈমদের অভিজ্ঞতার সামনে বাজিমাতই করতে যাচ্ছেন সানি।

আরেক অভিষিক্ত ক্রিকেটার নাসির হোসেন টেস্ট ক্যাচ হাতে পেয়ে আনন্দে ভাসছিলেন। “যখন ক্যাপটা আমাকে দেওয়া হলো তখন কোচকে জড়িয়ে ধরার ইচ্ছে হয়েছিলো। তা তো করা যায় না। এত আনন্দ আগে পাইনি।”

আনন্দের মাঝেও চোড়াবালুর মতো লুকিয়ে আছে কষ্ট। নাসির বললেন,“আমি ভালো খেলতে পারিনি। বড় ইনিংস খেলার ইচ্ছে ছিলো। অপরাজিত থাকতে চেয়েছিলাম পারিনি। খারাপ লাগা তো খুব স্বাভাবিক।”
Old October 25, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Sunny is a great found from the test. I did not expect this much from him. Good job Law!
Old October 25, 2011, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Sunny's bright start is a great story for many reasons. Here are some that I think are big.
1) It's a sign of our maturation as a cricketing nation. We are not throwing some 18-19 year old on the Test arena. Rather a seasoned professional. We need a balance of these pros and the precocious talents (like Nasir) for us to be successful.

2) It sends a great message to the mid, late 20s cricket players that their ship has not already sailed. That if they do the hard yards in domestic cricket, international glory is still possible. Old pros are the incubators of new talents and we need the likes of Nafis Iqbal, Tushar Imran, Faisal Hossain to play long in the domestic circuit. And if they do consistently well, they can bring their game to the Tests.

3) It somehow shows that despite ALL the odds stacked against our domestic cricket, the standard is ok enough to breed _some_ international class players. Let's not forget, Imrul Kayes is also a output of domestic cricket and not some academy.

4) Sunny's fearlessness in flighting the ball should shake Shakib out of his limited-overs overdose induced, Bhajji-esque, flatness. Recently Shakib has been firing the ball in too much and a little too full. Witness how Sunny was causing the batters to lunge forward while Shak they could defend just by getting a little forward. Shakib is a competitor and a good thinker of the game. He's going to be sleeping on his lack of wickets and the success of Sunny and tomorrow I'm optimistic that he'll be bowling slower and and with a bit more of an intent to attack rather than contain.
Very good post RazabQ.Yes in test cricket bowling in partnership is very vital.Pakistan had Double W.I hope we are going to give double S to the world cricket.
In recent past we gave test debut to Jahurul,Naeem and Sunny.This 3 have played a lot in domestic level before coming to international.To me all of them have a decent standard.So we can not ignore our domestic performers who perform years after years.All 3 players played 4to 5 reasons of domestic FC before entering international area.You are correct though its a picnic cricket still it can produce few players but it is taking around 5 seasons to shape a player.So our new mission should be to shape the NCL is such a manner that it can produce players in around 3 to 4 years.And the simple answer should be just to increase the number of matches by home and away.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I haven't seen Sunny's Day 4 bowling. But I saw most of the Day 5 bowling and I wasn't that impressed. He still lacks accuracy. He stopped in the middle of the run up, bowled some dead balls where it reached the batsmen after like 10 bounces.There were occasional loppa short deliveries. He needs to be more consistent otherwise batsmen will wait for the bad deliveries and score runs. WI are poor against spin bowling and their technique yielded him lots of wickets. But nonetheless he is much better than Raz in Test. He has potentials just like Enam jnr.

Shakib is still miles ahead of him. He has accruacy and variations. Lately he has been darting the ball in too fast but throughout the ODI Series he bowled well.
Old October 25, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I haven't seen Sunny's Day 4 bowling. But I saw most of the Day 5 bowling and I wasn't that impressed. He still lacks accuracy.
Uhmmmm, watch the highlights and then say he isn't accurate.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I don't need to see the highlights coz I saw the match live. He is a good bowler but he still bowls those occasional short deliveries and too much flighted loppas
Old October 25, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
I don't need to see the highlights coz I saw the match live. He is a good bowler but he still bowls those occasional short deliveries and too much flighted loppas
You said you didn't see Sunny's bowling on the 4th day.
He was extremely accurate, and maintained it nearly all day long.
And all bowlers bowl short occasionally, yes Mufi bhai, because they are human. And those ''Loppas'' are a sign of aggression, and wanting to get wickets.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
This was his first match. So i would give him some room to breathe. And Mushy said that Sunny is capable of bowling way better than what we saw in CTG.

I am eagerly waiting to see how he does in Mirpur where the ball wont turn much like it did in CTG. Should be interesting.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

He bowled a lot better in the first innings. Don't know what happened to him in the 2nd. The ball kept splipping out of his hand; he kept erring on his line. Hopefully it was just jitters.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Sunny may struggle in Dhaka's slow spinless pitch, but he'll only get better by time

I want to follow him closely for next few months before jumping to the conclusion. hmm
Old October 25, 2011, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Shakib and Sunny will rock !! I am delighted.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

His true test will be against Pakistan, if he does get selected. WI is not strong against spin and everyone knows that... If he can spin PAK players of Misbah, Youni, Hafeez with his wizardy, you will know a real gem is finally unearthed...But he has been performing with bat and bowl in domestic cricket for some time now,,, I am hopeful he is no Narendra Hirwani!
Old October 25, 2011, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Hope he continue like this. This guy has a bright test career.
Old October 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

He will be quite useful against Newzeland,England or WI but against India,Srlanka or Pak I am doubtful but he is much better test bowler than Razzak.
Old October 25, 2011, 12:02 PM
BC Editorial Team

Sunny bowled with a little less control on the 5th day. He seems to have a problem with sweating. He has short stubby fingers (a bit of a negative if you are a spinner, or a concert pianist). And what happened with the short ones was in trying to give the ball a good 'ole rip, he kept pulling it down. Any of you who have played mostly tennis ball cricket and then tried to bowl a proper cricket ball will know this

He can be a good foil to Shak in that when on song he bowls wicket to wicket, drifts/dips the ball nicely and keeps things simple. This makes _him_ the containing bowler which means Shak on the other end can try his various angles, sliders, etc.
Old October 25, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Good point Razab bhai. Another thing is Sunny doesn't seem to be comfortable with new ball. He did most of the damage once the ball got a bit older.
Old October 25, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

well stated.

Anyone who just saw Sunny bowl yesterday would be doing tremendous injustice if thats all they saw of Sunny. The difference in his bowling day 4 and 5 was like night and day (sorry for the pun). Sunny bowled beatifully on day 4. On day 5 he bowled much more like a debutant and how I expected him to bowl from the beginning.

But that being said, overall, he did superbly and thoroughly deserved his MoM.
Old October 25, 2011, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

We should prepare pitch of SBNS like Chittagong which will favoure to our spinners most.
Old October 25, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hate how they are making him look like a Jim Morris! Again, he is ONLY 26!!

Idk how mid 20s people are in Bdesh, but by the look of things I am guessing they act like life is over and they are OLLDD? Or may be they don't but people make them feel old?
Old October 25, 2011, 11:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

সানির অনেক পাওয়ার ম্যাচ
আরিফুল ইসলাম, চট্টগ্রাম থেকে | তারিখ: ২৬-১০-২০১১

ইলিয়াস সানি: স্মরনীয় অভিষেক

অন্য কেউ বললে বিশ্বাস করতেই কষ্ট হতো। টেস্ট অভিষেক নিয়ে কোনো স্বপ্ন-লক্ষ্য নেই—এটা হয় নাকি! কিন্তু ইলিয়াস সানি যখন বললেন, মনে হলো সত্যি। টেস্ট দলে থাকাটাই যাঁর স্বপ্নের সীমানা ছাড়িয়ে গেছে, অভিষেক ম্যাচে তাঁর হারানোরই বা কী আছে!
জাতীয় দলে খেলার আশা ছেড়ে দিয়েছিলেন বছর দুয়েক আগেই। দলে জায়গা পেয়েই বিস্ময়ের চূড়া দেখে ফেলা সানি তাই অভিষেক ম্যাচে বড় কিছুর স্বপ্ন দেখেননি, ক্রিকেট বিধাতার কাছে চাননি কিছু। কিন্তু ক্রিকেটকে ভালোবেসে এত দিন ধরে দেশের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে গভীর একাগ্রতায় খেলে গেছেন যিনি, তাঁর নিষ্ঠার প্রতিদান ক্রিকেট বিধাতা না দিয়ে পারেন! ক্লাব আর প্রথম শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেট খেলেই এক জীবন কাটিয়ে দেওয়াটা যিনি মানসিকভাবে মেনে নিয়েছিলেন, সেই সানি আজ তাই ইতিহাসের অংশ।
৪ উইকেট নিয়ে কালকের দিন শুরু করেছিলেন, ৫ উইকেট ছুঁয়ে ফেলেন সাতসকালেই। একটু পর পেয়ে যান ৬ নম্বরও। ৭-৮-৯...দেশের রেকর্ড তো বটেই, বিশ্বরেকর্ড গড়ে ফেলাটাও এক সময় অসম্ভব মনে হচ্ছিল না। সেটা হয়নি, কিন্তু যা হয়েছে, তা-ই বা কম কী! অভিষেক ইনিংস আর অভিষেক ম্যাচে দ্বিতীয় সেরা বোলিং—এই হলো দেশের হয়ে কীর্তি। এক গণ্ডা ক্যাচ না পড়লে বা আম্পায়াররা বিমুখ না করলে দুটোতেই শীর্ষে থাকতেন। তবে শুধু দেশের রেকর্ডে নয়, সব মিলিয়েও রেকর্ডের আরেকটি পাতায় সেরার খুব কাছাকাছি সানি। অভিষেকে বাঁহাতি স্পিনারদের মধ্যে তাঁর চেয়ে ভালো বোলিং আছে আর মাত্র দুজনের!
১৯৫০ সালের ইংল্যান্ডের কাছে ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ড টেস্ট ২০২ রানে হেরেছিল ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ। তবে ওই ম্যাচেই একসঙ্গে অভিষেক হয়েছিল এক বাঁহাতি আর এক ডানহাতি অফ স্পিনারের, যাঁরা জুটি বেঁধে পরে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজকে এনে দিয়েছেন দারুণ কিছু জয়। আলফ ভ্যালেন্টাইন ও সনি রামাধীন। অভিষেকে হারা ম্যাচেও দুজন নিয়েছিলেন ১৫ উইকেট। এর মধ্যে বাঁহাতি ভ্যালেন্টাইনই ১১টি, প্রথম ইনিংসে ৮টি। ৬১ বছরও পরও ভ্যালেন্টাইনকে ছাপিয়ে যেতে পারেননি কেউ।
ভ্যালেন্টাইনের কীর্তিটাকে বলা যায় ১৭ বছর আগের এক প্রতিশোধ। ১৯৩৩ সালে ওই ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ডেই ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে ৫৬ রানে ৭ উইকেটে পেয়েছিলেন ইংলিশ বাঁহাতি স্পিনার জেমস ল্যাংরিজ। ক্রিকেট ইতিহাসে ল্যাংরিজ জায়গা পেয়েছেন শুধু ওই অভিষেক কীর্তির কারণেই। পরের ৭ ম্যাচে উইকেট পেয়েছিলেন মাত্র ১২টি! সানি ছাড়া আর একজন বাঁহাতি স্পিনারেরই অভিষেকে ৬ উইকেট আছে। সেই একজন, দিলীপ দোশীর অভিষেক হয়েছিল আবার ৩২ বছর বয়সে!
সানি তো এটা আশাই করেননি। পরশু ৪ উইকেট পাওয়ার পর অবশ্য একবার তাঁর মনে হয়েছিল ৫ উইকেট পেলে মন্দ হয় না। সেটা পেয়েছেন, সঙ্গে ম্যাচ-সেরাও। ‘প্রথম ম্যাচেই ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচ হওয়াটা অনেক বড় ব্যাপার। অনেক ভালো লাগছে। এ রকম কিছু হবে—এটা ভাবিনি। তবে ইচ্ছা ছিল ভালো বল করব’—সানির উচ্ছ্বাসটা তবু পরিমিত।
পরশু নিজেই বলেছিলেন, কাল অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিমও বললেন, এর চেয়েও ভালো বোলিং করতে পারেন। সেই ভালোটা দেখার অপেক্ষায় থাকবে সবাই। কী ভাবছেন, এখনই চাপে ফেলা হচ্ছে? ধ্যাত, যাঁর কিছুই হারানোর নেই, তাঁর জন্য চাপ আবার কী, যা পাবেন সবই তো বোনাস!
----------------------------------------
Walton Test Series 2011
Bangladesh-West Indies
Sunny in a select left-armers' club
Mohammad Isam from Chittagong

Debutant left-arm spinner Elias Sunny (L) is being congratulated by skipper Mushfiiqur Rahim after he was named man-of-the-match in the Chittagong Test against West Indies at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium yesterday. Photo: Anurup Kanti Das

Elias Sunny has joined a few clubs during the course of his breakthrough performance in the first Test against West Indies, but only one has put him in the same bracket as a mystical figure from the Caribbean, an English run machine from the 1920s and an aging Indian who had all but given up on his dream.

Sunny's first innings figures of 6-94 is the third best in Test history by a left-arm orthodox spinner on debut after Jamaican Alf Valentine and the Sussex man James Langridge.

Famous for being part of the spinning pair with Sonny Ramadhin, Valentine took 8-104 in the 1950 Old Trafford Test against England, and that too on the back of playing only two first-class matches where he picked two very expensive wickets.

Valentine was a tall man who bowled quicker than most left-arm spinners with a whirling action. He ripped the ball savagely: one of his team-mates thought he could probably turn the ball on glass. He and Ramadhin were key in West Indies eventually winning the 1950 series though they lost the first game.

Langridge, the man with 31,716 first-class runs with 42 centuries for Surrey and England, was initially a batsman when he started in 1924. A bit later in his career, the Chailey-born developed as an accurate spinner. When pitches became treacherous due to rain followed by sunshine, he could be difficult to play and in six seasons between 1930 and 1937, he took 100 wickets.

On his Test debut, Langridge took seven second innings wickets including those of the great West Indian George Headley, whom the 27-year-old caught and bowled.

Compared to Valentine, Sunny has 56 first-class games under his belt but the Bangladesh left-arm spinner has nothing close to the batting record of Langridge, who is 52nd in the all-time run-getters list in first-class cricket.

But Sunny's wait is quite comparable to Dilip Doshi, who made his Test debut at the age of 32 in 1979. He had lived in the shadows of the doyen of left-arm spin Bishan Singh Bedi and it was only after his retirement (a week before) that Doshi finally got a chance at the top eleven years after his first-class debut.

He took 6-103 against Australia in Chennai and bolstered the Indian attack over the next few years and went on to take 114 wickets in 33 Tests (second only to Clarrie Grimmett to take 100 wickets among those debuting after 30).

Doshi's late rise would be encouraging to Sunny who has played his first Test seven years after his first-class debut. While Valentine never reached the high of 1950, Langridge was ultimately more of a batsman than a left-arm spinner. The unique grouping simply shows how Test cricket has a place for everyone, especially those who are ready to wait for the opportunity.

Sunny however bowled quite a few poor deliveries in the game, but that will be his challenge in the next Test where the West Indies will look for those 'four' balls. A tight bowler in the first-class arena, he would want to replicate his control in the game's highest version.

How a man who almost gave up on his dream ended up being grouped with three distinct figures of the game is just another example of Test cricket's enormity.

Old October 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

First of all, well done Sunny!! The selectors should realize that as because Razzaq did well in ODI matches for a long time does not mean that he is also good in Tests. The selectors gave too many chances to Razzaq. The selectors have stupid ideas of sepecting same players for all 3 formats. They simply ignore that these are 3 differnet formats, hense need different skills and mind sets. They are also wasting time with Imrul, who is exellent in ODI but lousy in the Tests- just look at his first class matches. There are a lot of spinners in BD who can replace Razzaq for Test matches. It was a very late acknowledgement from the selectors, but again well done to Sunny.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

28 players won Man-of-the-Match awards in their first Test. Elias Sunny, who won the prize against West Indies in the Chittagong Test, is the third from Bangladesh, after Javed Omar and Mohammad Ashraful.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition