facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 19, 2015, 03:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default How optimistic are you about the India series?

I reckon we have a good chance winning a test match against India. But we need to select right players. Mustafiz and Shahid needs to open bowling. India plays spin well. I wouldn't mind having an extra pacer instead of a spinner. Mustafizur is a must in this test. Only thing worries me is Mushy's captaincy. We need to be careful if we win the toss. The pitch should assist our players and should not be a flat track like khulna.

In ODI's, I think it will be closer than Pakistan series. It will be 2-1 in either side's favor. I expect the games to be close. However, we are in great form and confidence is high. That should push us over the line. India isnt sending its best team. If we continue to play the cricket we been playing since the wc, we should be fine.
Old May 19, 2015, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I don't think we have a chance in hell to win the test match but would love to be wrong.

I expect to win the ODI series 2-1 but we will have to play really well for that to happen.
Old May 19, 2015, 03:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I don't think we have a chance in hell to win the test match but would love to be wrong....
This.

The batsmen still don't have the mentality to leave a juicy outside the off, between hip and shoulder ball. They just can't. No fault of theirs'. IT is in their blood stream, I mean that is their cricketing style.
+++
All I want is the first ODI of the series to be a win. We will go from their. #7 is too important for us.
Old May 19, 2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I don't think we have a chance in hell to win the test match but would love to be wrong.

I expect to win the ODI series 2-1 but we will have to play really well for that to happen.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This.

The batsmen still don't have the mentality to leave a juicy outside the off, between hip and shoulder ball. They just can't. No fault of theirs'. IT is in their blood stream, I mean that is their cricketing style.
+++
All I want is the first ODI of the series to be a win. We will go from their. #7 is too important for us.
And this

I would be excited if we can take the test in day 5!

And in ODI, I want to see a series win, but in reality Mijan bhai seems more logical...
Old May 19, 2015, 03:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Looking for a drawn Test and Winning the ODI series, Preferably 3-0
Old May 19, 2015, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am optimistic in a realistic way.
a Test draw & India winning ODI series Ind 2-1 BD
I will be sort of happy
but if we win the ODI series I will be over the moon, I won't care about the Test then.
Old May 19, 2015, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Winning the test would be difficult for both teams. Unless India sends in a heavy bowling lineup, it would be tough to take our 20 wickets. That too in Fatullah. On the other hand, regardless of our bowling attack, I don't see 20 wickets coming our way either. Its not how good they are but how bad our bowling attack is.

In ODI I am sort of thinking a clean sweep by the Indians although we do have an outside chance of winning a game or even 2 if they are focused. Beating top sides regularly may be far fetched at the moment. My expectation is continuing the effort from the last few months
Old May 19, 2015, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Winning the test would be difficult for both teams. Unless India sends in a heavy bowling lineup, it would be tough to take our 20 wickets. That too in Fatullah. On the other hand, regardless of our bowling attack, I don't see 20 wickets coming our way either. Its not how good they are but how bad our bowling attack is.

In ODI I am sort of thinking a clean sweep by the Indians although we do have an outside chance of winning a game or even 2 if they are focused. Beating top sides regularly may be far fetched at the moment. My expectation is continuing the effort from the last few months
It's a 3 match series, not 5 Match you are basically expecting both sides having a clean sweep
Old May 19, 2015, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It's a 3 match series, not 5 Match you are basically expecting both sides having a clean sweep

sorry what I meant was, most likely they will sweep us 0-3 but we are focused than we can win a game or even the series. So it would be 1-2 or 2-1 for us. But thats a tall ask
Old May 19, 2015, 06:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Test - Pitch will be pathetically flat = draw

ODI's - 2-1 India. Ban will definitely run them close but weakened or not this Indian side is still very good and experienced in pressure situations. Should be enough to win the series
Old May 19, 2015, 06:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Test match will be drawn if we are smart. ODI is very hard to say all of em should be close. I think 2-1 in favor of BD.
Old May 19, 2015, 07:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

not optimistic at all..most likely it'll be 3-0 to india in ODI, Test will be drawn if we bat first..if we bowl first most likely innings win for india
Old May 19, 2015, 09:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

100.000 %
Old May 20, 2015, 12:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

100% optimistic as bd has really improved
Old May 20, 2015, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Even vs the main team India
Old May 20, 2015, 01:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

The good thing is that its only one test match. I think our players can focus one just this test match before the One dayers. Fatigue will be an issue for Indian players. Pakistan had a better bowling attack than the indians. Even if we dont win the test, I think we can very well draw this.

Odi's will be very interesting. Ist odi will be a close encounter, if we win that then another Banglawash is possile
Old May 20, 2015, 04:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

I expect 1 win in ODI and draw in TEST
Old May 20, 2015, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Given the Indian bowling line up, Bangladesh shouldnt aim not to lose the Test match.

ODI I think both teams are evenly balanced, and its anybodys game.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

The test match will be a boring draw.

ODI series we will lose 1-2, but that would be enough to keep us at #8 in ranking.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Optimistically pessimistic about the Test.

Reverse for the ODIs.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Bangladesh is playing good cricket in short form. So hoping for a series win. But in test we are not good. So a draw will be good for us.
Old May 20, 2015, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
This.

+++
Playing on merit implies on the fly decision making of the ball (line, length), field setting, match situation, and any other relevant factors. It doesn't mean only hitting a certain ball or bowler.

In basketball, jacking a 30 foot jumper with 15 sec on the shot clock is terrible execution. But going for a lay up with 1 second remaining and trailing by 3 makes no sense either. Same thing in football. It's safe to run the ball, but you don't decide to give your RB a dive between the tackles on a 3rd and 4 with 1 minute to go with the ball on your own 25, trailing by 5.

Thus if the ball is juicy you should go for it, even if you are 4 down in the first session. Difference between Mominul and Ash was execution more than shot selection. One averages 60 the other averages a .

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 20, 2015, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
I expect 1 win in ODI and draw in TEST
Same, this will be a satisfactory performance...ie not great but by no means bad. Anything less will be underperforming on our part.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 20, 2015, 03:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Playing on merit implies on the fly decision making of the ball (line, length), field setting, match situation, and any other relevant factors. It doesn't mean only hitting a certain ball or bowler.

In basketball, jacking a 30 foot jumper with 15 sec on the shot clock is terrible execution. But going for a lay up with 1 second remaining and trailing by 3 makes no sense either. Same thing in football. It's safe to run the ball, but you don't decide to give your RB a dive between the tackles on a 3rd and 4 with 1 minute to go with the ball on your own 25, trailing by 5.

Thus if the ball is juicy you should go for it, even if you are 4 down in the first session. Difference between Mominul and Ash was execution more than shot selection. One averages 60 the other averages a .
have you heard that leaving balls early prolongs your innings? It may help you get a big one. A three digit big one? What's the hurry? Gavaskar always suspected these players have booked tickets for 3 o'clock show. There are 15 sessions, 450 overs, 2,700 balls officially for any player to play.

Mominul is the prime example. He doesn't go for every loose ball he sees. He is the total opposite of most of the star BD players.

Be it Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Sarkar, Nasir, and new addition Riyad. Getting out on a good ball, we all can take it. Getting out on a so called
"4 ball" when actually it was a "trap ball" shows how little our players can think and know.

Finally, juicy ball knee height outside the off, is screaming to be hit. The ball shouldn't get air borne. Going after Juicy ball above waist outside the off, is failing to see the trap of three slip, gully, point, cover and extra cover. Hitting two balls and then the third one is a wicket. This is BD test cricket.
Old May 20, 2015, 04:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
have you heard that leaving balls early prolongs your innings? It may help you get a big one. A three digit big one? What's the hurry? Gavaskar always suspected these players have booked tickets for 3 o'clock show. There are 15 sessions, 450 overs, 2,700 balls officially for any player to play.

Mominul is the prime example. He doesn't go for every loose ball he sees. He is the total opposite of most of the star BD players.

Be it Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Sarkar, Nasir, and new addition Riyad. Getting out on a good ball, we all can take it. Getting out on a so called
"4 ball" when actually it was a "trap ball" shows how little our players can think and know.

Finally, juicy ball knee height outside the off, is screaming to be hit. The ball shouldn't get air borne. Going after Juicy ball above waist outside the off, is failing to see the trap of three slip, gully, point, cover and extra cover. Hitting two balls and then the third one is a wicket. This is BD test cricket.
I get your point but can't resist to ask this. What's Mominul's average outside of subcontinent? He will rarely get juicy ball knee height outside the off outside of subcontinent.