facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2016, 10:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul
Default Bangladesh T20 side: The right formula needed?

Soumya, Tamim, and Mushy, needs so much more work to be a good T20 players.

Mithun, Nurul, Kayes not good enough,( Many more to add to the list)

We need to get T20 line up sorted, Batting is major concern, there is quite few players not suiting to our plans for the T20 format.

Our bowling is fine for T20'S and will get better. But the batting is a big concern, going forward, trust me not every match Sabbir and Mahmudullah can bail us out. Opening position has to be sorted, I'm utterly disappointed with the batting of Soumya Sarkar so far in his overall T20 career. he is someone who definitely has the capability to click very well in this format and has to for Bangladesh, an explosive opener is need.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; March 6, 2016 at 04:42 PM..
Old February 28, 2016, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Anamul and someone like Muktar can do well in this format

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 6, 2016, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Can the mods plz change the title to. 'Bangladesh T20 side: The right formula needed?'
Old March 6, 2016, 04:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Mushfiq is living on thin ice. Am afraid. I won't be surprised he is dropped form t20 side after the world t20 providing he has poor campaign
Old March 6, 2016, 04:55 PM

I can count months, when everyone said Mahmudullah should be out of BD T20 team.
Old March 6, 2016, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Batsmen of Mushy's type if you look around or in the recent past have batted up at the top. They are not big hitters, need bit of time to adjust, for example Mahela Jayadena. I dont see why we can't try mushy at 3, Sabbir bit down as he can come whack it from word go if needed, but mushy is quite limited t20 player. Either, he bats in the top 4 or he has not got a slot in the side elsewhere. Taking example from Mahela's later stages of his career, he opened the batting in t20's, I don't see what is wrong with trying Mushy as an opener and Soumya at 4.

- Sabbir can float a bit up and down tbh, although he has been in good form at #3. Sabbir can well be the number 5th, Sakib 4th, Soumya number 3.

- Batting positions can be changed around in the top 5 to suit each players accordingly, IMO. Keep in mind that most places, T20 wickets are flat; Mushy batting at top won't be much issue he has the right technique. It will also give him some time to settle into the innings, start with a anchoring innings, then playing how he has played many a times in ODI's; packing the right punch after being set and knowing the condition well.

- Mahmudullah at #6 is going well atm, I would not change his position, he is our new finisher, but could be given number #5 depending on situation.

- #7 is the concern in the batting department. Can Nasir step up? Will wait and see. Really hoped Mash himself could have filled up one of #7 or #8 with some decent hitting somewhat often than not. Nasir will be getting this position (#7) for now, but something tells me he won't be the answer. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; March 7, 2016 at 12:24 AM..
Old March 6, 2016, 07:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Let's not lose our heads over one loss. Indian batting lineup did it. What Bangladesh needs is a solid number 7. Otherwise perfectly balanced team.
Old March 6, 2016, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
What Bangladesh needs is a solid number 7. Otherwise perfectly balanced team.
If you line up Soumya, Sabbir, and Riyad at 2,3, and 4, only other power hitter left in the team is Mash. IMO, he is capable enough to be a give go at the slot for qualifying matches.

So, my line up would be -

Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mash
Nasir/Sunny
Taskin
AA
Mustafiz

Wish we had a better back up option than Mithun.
Old March 6, 2016, 08:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If you line up Soumya, Sabbir, and Riyad at 2,3, and 4, only other power hitter left in the team is Mash. IMO, he is capable enough to be a give go at the slot for qualifying matches.

So, my line up would be -

Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mash
Nasir/Sunny
Taskin
AA
Mustafiz

Wish we had a better back up option than Mithun.
I sort of agree with this lineup, though the question becomes what happens in chases then? Mahmudullah was steadying the chase till now, you can't strengthen one part and weaken the other. That's why I said the number 7 is crucial and we need someone there, the immediate thought is Saifuddin needs to be trained and trained fast. He is the strongest contender for that spot right now in the whole of Bangladesh, but is still probably too young so the next BPL will be crucial for him and for BD.

Shakib, Mushfique didn't fire at all in the Asia Cup, but you can't keep out quality for too long, they will show their class.

Problem with Bangladesh T20 is we need power hitters, whichever way you look at it our batting is very very weak in this format. We can't score or chase more than 160 atm, and that is our best score now. We need to click as a batting unit. We need atleast 2 batsmen who can score a 40 from 15 balls. Until and unless we play more T20s we won't improve which is why BPL is so important for Bangladesh, the game is becoming more modern and tbh our resurgence can be attributed to BPL a lot. We need to make this our primary source of T20 cricketers or ODI cricketers (atleast batters). Let's not just look at the match's result to derive a conclusion, we gotta have a bigger vision.

Realistically, our ODI team should challenge the 2017 champions trophy in England, this T20 WC target to win all the qualifying round matches, and then semi finals will be a big accomplishment if we can beat NZ and Pak and cause an upset against Aus/India then semi finals is very much achievable.

So I am saying that we need to strengthen our batting yes, but I am also saying we are a good enough team to beat NZ and Pak in the group stages and maybe Aus in Indian conditions. We won't become the best overnight, there are some holes in the batting lineup that needs to be fixed for sure. I still feel the best 4 pacers in Bangladesh are Mustafizur, Taskin, Rubel and Rony atm. We are not playing 2 of them due to injuries or whatever so we aren't at our best anyways.

The last thing I want to add is that our biggest match in 2015 was the WC Quarter Finals, where were our big performers? Where are the experienced players when we need them the most? Till now, it seems we fight till we drop to reach where we want to be but right when it matters we can't win the damn match. Fact is, we need a calm head when we are playing these big finals and hopefully with experience and winning close matches in high voltage matches we become immune to the pressure and instead of wilting we thrive under it, which hasn't been the case so far, we are not going to become a true world class team. Our team is right at that stage where it is neither a minnor nor a team to beat. It is not going to be anyways till it reaches the Finals or wins a major ICC tournament, only then people will sit up and really notice Bangladesh.

And Mashrafe's leadership cannot be debated but what i will say is if Mash doesn't win the T20 WC or the Champions Trophy as I am more than confident that will be his last hoorah, then the next captain who comes in will reap all the hard-work he has done with the team, and let's say Mahmudullah wins a major ICC trophy then Mashrafe will be forgotten as the best ever Bangladeshi captain, so he has to make it count and win a major ICC trophy to leave his legacy written with gold in the Bangladesh cricket history. With the Under 19s and domestic first class improving and the BPLs happening it is only a matter of time Bangladesh reaches the finals and wins a trophy, I am not sure if it will have Mashrafe's name written as the captain. So yah, I want to see him as the greatest captain from Bangladesh of all times, but if he doesn't win one all the blood, sweat and tears will go in vain.
Old March 6, 2016, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Well, what we have seen in the last BPL, the shortage of power hitters not going away anytime soon. Also, with our traditional low-slow wickets, even guys like Soumya and Sabbir will struggle to time their shots well.

Also, with those sort of wickets, low skilled SLAs will continue to dominate the domestics, giving management no incentive to gamble on better skilled bowlers like Jubair.

So, unless nature of wickets change in BPL, it will provide us little benefit. Same goes for other domestics in other formats.
Old March 6, 2016, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont think we need to make any dramatic change. Yesterday's team was almost perfect, perhaps Mustafiz in place of Rony-would be our best XI.

But what we achieved this Asia cup was the result of some focused, meticulous training-we started after the Zimbabwe series. T20 is a game which requires a completely different skill set. Not very often that our guys to work on such skills. We did the work and got the result.

The more we hone our T20 skills, more we play competitions like BPL, we ll get better. And in future, BCB shouldnt hesitating hiring a guy to come in as a T20 consultant. Maybe someone like a Mahela or Hodge.
Old March 7, 2016, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Well to me yesterday team was perfect team combination, only thing they need more time play with such combination, once players realise their role in position surely they can adapt the skill to perform. Only mustafizur was the one missing yesterday, he should be in ahead of rony when fit. Mind you india is beast in t20, even yesterday they beat Australia in their aussie backyard easily so losing to uno team is not big deal really, offcourse toss was factor too but our team is moving on right direction.
Old March 7, 2016, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Bring back Anamul. He is a crossover player as well, meaning he's someone who can be selected for ODIs too,if he does well in T20s.
Old March 7, 2016, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

And don't be scared to bench experienced under performing players once in a while. Will keep them on their toes, while giving youngsters a chance.