facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Ok. We've seen Rubel at his best and we've seen Rubel at his worst. The question is what it is we (or the powers that be) can do to get the to get us the not only the hero he can be, but also the hero we need.

I charted his performance since the beginning of his career. There are two phases in his career where he has been magnificent (to us). An earlier phase and a more recent revelatory phase.

I notice two common themes that underlined his performance. Rather than than sharing what I think it is, I would like to ask you guys what you think brings us the Rubel we want as you look art the following.

Attached Images
File Type: png rubel1.PNG (75.8 KB, 136 views)
File Type: png rubel2.PNG (75.8 KB, 135 views)
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

One is presence of NZ. Not sure about the other.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
One is presence of NZ. Not sure about the other.
Why would presence of NZ make Rubel perform? Flip your thinking - ask what would or did make Rubel perform?

I may not be right in my inference but I notice two common themes.
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Cricket Sage

I guess those are the only time Sakib asked Rubel to bowl for his own life. Other times none of the senior players asked him to do so, so he didn't do that.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why would presence of NZ make Rubel perform? Flip your thinking - ask what would or did make Rubel perform?

I may not be right in my inference but I notice two common themes.
High pressure situation?

A good bowling coach to guide him as a mentor(Ian Pont and Heath Streak can be two good examples)?
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
High pressure situation?

A good bowling coach to guide him as a mentor(Ian Pont and Heath Streak can be two good examples)?
The second one was one of my inference. A coach who can make Rubel stick to a script seems to be a common theme.

And the other, IMHO (rare example of me being humble, doesn't happen often so don;t bank on it), three pacer attack where they fed off of each other as they hunted in packs.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^Was a big fan of Ian and still am. People claim he brags a bit but the proof is in the pudding. The stunning improvement in the performance of our pacers during his reign is indisputable, and if I'm not mistaken it came on the back of a string of weak performances.

I guess I always believed in these two factors ever since Ian was in charge but the stats make it even more deterministic and conclusive in my mind. Very excited about having another world class pace bowling coach in Heath. Unless we're playing on spinning tracks and the opposition is proven to be deficient against spin, I always favor a 3 pronged pace attack. It is absolutely necessary to reach the desired ranking of 5-7 in the next few years.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

One thing that often doesn't get mentioned as much is that Mashrafee is Rubel's ideal bowler(Mortaza in his prime), so most of matches where Rubel bowled alongside with Mashrafee i am sure he himself took a lot of inspiration to be better, and stats will prove that. Imagine how Sehwag was inspired to be playing alongside Tendulkar.
In sha Allah a day will come when Bangladesh will defy all types of odds to win everything. (ICC, BCCI, umpires, Ramij Raja, Boycott, Sidhu) Nothing will stop Bangladesh. Bangladesh will keep winning match after match after match after match.That day may not be very far...