facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Are you Jamie Siddons
Did anyone expect the win over Australia? No. But Bangladesh did win, and the optimist in me says:
Just being realistic here, given Pakistan's present form, I'd still back them to win the series. Winning an ODI and drawing a test would be a great achievement though.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Why they always start from Dhaka? Why don't they start from Chittagang.

These schedules are all same for any home series. First 2 ODIs in Mirpur, 3rd in Chittagang. 1st Test in Chittagang, 2nd in Mirpur. Last few years e ami er kono betikrom dekhini.
Chittagong first. Ok I am bit confused how would be fixture like.

e.g. is it like

First test @ ZACS

First ODI @ ZACS

2nd ODI @ SBNS

3rd ODI @ SBNS

2nd Test @ ZACS

Looks a bit joga kichuri to me. and dont forget you need 2 foreign umpire for test.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

going into a home ODI series (vs. Anyone) at this point anticipating losing all three is unacceptable!

My expectation is a competitive series. Would like to see a win in the T20, an attempt to win the series in the ODI and play competitively in the Test series.

So far, I have enjoyed the WI series given the intention of the team as a whole (of course there are and always will be those individual brain farts). Mushy/Law combination in strategy/approach, Mushy's batting with captaincy responsibility, Nasir/Sunny, the T20 win, 1st Test, 3rd ODI trouncing have all been good.

I was not heavily disheartened by the 1st two ODIs given the early powerplay in the 1st ODI and the innings building in the 2nd ODI. Shakib seems to be shaking his cobwebs off and as soon Tamim gets over his loss of vice captaincy and his chief excuse maker (JS) and starts performing to his capability, we should be able to give PAK a run for their money.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Now Bangladesh cricket is change, i think they will do something in Pakistan series.
Good luck Bangla tiger.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapu
Now Bangladesh cricket is change, i think they will do something in Pakistan series.
Good luck Bangla tiger.
I agree, I see this being our penultimate of the year.
Old October 26, 2011, 04:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

I was hoping more of the series would be during the winter holidays in England, not during the time I have my exams.
Old October 26, 2011, 06:16 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I want to win the ODI series, although I would not be too unhappy with a 1-2 result. I don't know if we can avoid defeat in any of the tests, though.
Old October 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

I was really hoping this series will start somewhere in the middle of December, but I understand playing cricket in late December-early January gets challenging with all the dew and fog.

As for the expectations for this series, if we won the ODI series agains WI it would have been different, but its really hard to expect anything other than a ODI victory against pak. As Asif bhai said, they play spin very well and we struggle against pace.... so that pretty much sums up the series...

sigh... bijoyer mashei ei series ta korte hoilo.... jaihok.... if everything goes according to plan inshAllah, 2nd test er 3rd day te dhakay land korei ekdom direct mirpur.... khela 3rd day te jak ar na jak....
Old October 26, 2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Hope bangladesh going to win by showing awesome performance!
Old October 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Im happy for anyone to play Bangladesh at cricket at any time, in any venue.
Old October 26, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
I was really hoping this series will start somewhere in the middle of December, but I understand playing cricket in late December-early January gets challenging with all the dew and fog.

As for the expectations for this series, if we won the ODI series agains WI it would have been different, but its really hard to expect anything other than a ODI victory against pak. As Asif bhai said, they play spin very well and we struggle against pace.... so that pretty much sums up the series...

sigh... bijoyer mashei ei series ta korte hoilo.... jaihok.... if everything goes according to plan inshAllah, 2nd test er 3rd day te dhakay land korei ekdom direct mirpur.... khela 3rd day te jak ar na jak....
I'm sorry, but this is just a game...not politics/war......I don't understand why do people always keep mixing these two things. I remember during WC semis, when I was supporting Pakistan, all my Indian friends were asking the same question.."why do u keep supporting them...can't u remember '71?" My reply was a game's a game. I always been a fan of Pakistan bowling. Please keep cricket above anything else.
Old October 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

it will be a difficult series for us

on the other side, BCB has a modhur problem with selection in this series.

razzaq is back with his superb form. sunny already shines in his first appearance. shakib is evergreen. nasir is rising. would be difficult to keep some one out of squad. plus naeem, riad, nafees, rakibul all are in good touch. tamim is always a performer. and last but not the least MR captain mushfiq is all we need at this moment.making him captain is the best decision ever.
Old October 26, 2011, 09:53 PM

Its time for BD to win SOMETHING against Pak, BD boys should believe they can.
Old October 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Batsmen better get their **** together, since Pakistan's bowling attack is leagues ahead of the past teams BD have played recently.
Old October 27, 2011, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I'm sorry, but this is just a game...not politics/war......I don't understand why do people always keep mixing these two things. I remember during WC semis, when I was supporting Pakistan, all my Indian friends were asking the same question.."why do u keep supporting them...can't u remember '71?" My reply was a game's a game. I always been a fan of Pakistan bowling. Please keep cricket above anything else.
We had lots of debate, argument, fight, war among ourselves on this very issue. Lets not go there. Now, as Bangladesh is playing against Pakistan, hopefully, all Bangladeshi will support Bangladesh. [ i know i know, there will be some people who would say, 'i want Bangladesh to win, but i want Younis khan to whack few sixes too]
Old October 27, 2011, 01:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

Pakistan is in good form. Their batting and bowling are clicking together. I hope we play our best cricket to ensure we win a match or two.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 27, 2011, 02:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
We had lots of debate, argument, fight, war among ourselves on this very issue. Lets not go there. Now, as Bangladesh is playing against Pakistan, hopefully, all Bangladeshi will support Bangladesh. [ i know i know, there will be some people who would say, 'i want Bangladesh to win, but i want Younis khan to whack few sixes too]
Not a chance.

There will be plenty of Pakistani flags, and people screaming their undying love for our fellow muslim brothers, and the sisters...well, they'll be a bit upset, players like Salman Butt aren't a part of the team, but now that Afridi has unretired yet again, who knows, maybe they'll get an opportunity to scream his name out.

:thumbsdown:
Old October 27, 2011, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
but you cant expect everyone to think like you when it comes to pakistan..
To be honest.. Me neither cant...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 27, 2011, 02:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Used to be a big fan of Pakistan cricket...still am, when they're pacers are on song (not the current bunch). But I can never imagine rooting for anyone over and against Bangladesh, no matter how much we suck. If we suck so bad, I might stop following alltogether, but I can't root for anyone else other than the land of my parents.

Similarly, I highly doubt any sane Bangladeshi can be rooting for Pakistan and against Bangladesh in a bilateral series (I too rooted for PAK in this year's WC semis).
Old October 27, 2011, 02:33 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
So how exactly does quoting zinatf help your cause when it was ialbd's comment that took the thread off tangent?
Old October 27, 2011, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Wow there are Bangladeshis who'd support Pak in home games? I mean its upto them but still - I thought BD and Pak were rivals like Ind and Pak? (No offence intended, just curious)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 27, 2011, 02:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
apu i wholeheartedly agree with u..but saying this i never saw 71..i only hear stories of 71 from my father mother..and when i see the pics of all those genocides..all those mass graves..all those sufferings i at my heart find it very difficult to support Pakistan at anything not only just sport

I have a friend who's father lost everything in 71..he saw his father and mother being killed in front of his eyes..he hates pakistan to his core..obviously he has his reasons..wont u agree?..Like him there are many more people who lost everything in 71

so when we say dont mix sports with politics,ethically we are right but we have to honor these people's sentiments..
Old October 27, 2011, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
So how exactly does quoting zinatf help your cause when it was ialbd's comment that took the thread off tangent?
Until we have closure, comment's like those are NOT off tangent. We have often failed our own Tebbit test in our own backyard.

No going for a ride on the other tangent, my hopes for series win or draw in the ODI/Test series'. I will give them a T20 win for the privilege of a win and a draw in the two series'.
Old October 27, 2011, 03:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I have quoted Zinatf's comment ONLY to refrain her from making any controversial issue in this thread as She is relatively new in this forum and i know her little more than i do ialbd. If i had any other intention, i would have expressed my view's on that 71 issues. But i deliberately avoided that to stay on the topic.

Man, why do you always find double meaning of every post ? Seems like you are researching on titkiri too much.

@ Zinatf, hopefully you understand what i wanted to say. I did not pick you to offend you rather to stay out of unnecessary jhamelas. You see, even if you want to make harmless comment, people are ready to jump on you.
Old October 27, 2011, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

achcha shob bujhchi ekhon chup shobai

ashen amra ei doa kori jatekore amader rubeilla/shafiul/shahrukh/nazmul/sunny/borofbaba ra jeno oder gul/riaz/ajmal der tulonai aro bhalo kheluk ar amaderke gorbito koruk...well jetar shopno ke na dekhe...kintu jodi jetar kachakachio jai tahole khub beshi khushi hobo....provided we have lost nearly all the matches whenever we played against them.....