facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2011, 02:42 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Default Profiling Pakistan: A team discussion thread

I, unlike many back at home, cannot get to follow cricket, obviously because of lack of satellite and not caring to look for links for their matches interspersed with annoying ads. So for those of who followed the team, I hope, will enlighten me/us on their team and get a discussion going.

I don't even know their squad. All the recent vibes we got from media were about their guilty parties. So who does it leave them with?We need to take advantage of another relatively weakened Pakistani side unlike the one we could with West Indies. If you were Pakistani selector what's the strongest team you would select?

Last edited by Zeeshan; November 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM..
Old November 4, 2011, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

they look strong bhai........no matter who plays they seem to have a good bowling attack.....
Old November 4, 2011, 09:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Let's see...

1. Saeed Ajmal 2. Younis Khan 3. Umar Gul 4. Misbah-ul-Haq - these four are obviously in and well-known. Can anyone sketch profile of other players?
Old November 4, 2011, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Umar Gul -

Lots of people here may remember his play on 2003–04 home series against Bangladesh, making his Test debut and taking 15 wickets in the three Tests. He was retained for the ODIs against Bangladesh, taking a List A best five for 17 in nine overs in the third match, and ended with 11 wickets in the 5–0 series win." (source: Wiki). Amago KaEdge, Kotcha SN, Akram 2.0, Chokka Nayeem, notun jamai will see is his entire 10 over quota in one day.

key armory: late reverse swing, swing bowler, economical

Zunaid Khan:

Came us replacement of Shohail Tanvir, but already becoming spearhead of their pace department. He is continuosly clocking 140 to 142 (no relation with Shahdat Shahrukh Khan). Lots of people already telling him the new Wasim Akram. He can bowl good yorker and knows about swing and seam unlike our superstar para moholla type bowler.
Old November 4, 2011, 10:02 PM
Test Cricketer

From what I've read in the last few days, against Srilanka newcomers like Mohammad Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar - technically not a newcomer nevertheless not as experienced as some - have done really well in the batting department and Junaed Khan in the bowling dept.
Old November 4, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

1. Mohammad Hafeez - has been in great form offlate with the bat and more tgan decent with the ball.
2. Toffee Kumar - again, been in good form. These two openers are themselves hard to dismiss.
3. Azhar Ali - a good find for Pak - excellent temperament and scors run consistantly.
4. Asad Shafique - same as the above, though slightly worse.
5. Adnan Akmal - chips in with a few runs, decent wk.
6. Junaid Khan - left arm pacer - bowled terrific on debut vs SL.They never run out of great pacers.
7. Abdur Rahman - SLA, not a great turner of the ball, but pretty accurate.
8. Aizaz Cheema - Yet another top left arm pacer.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 4, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Cheema..if he plays will make us keema...even in 31 one he has more stamina than our 21 or 22 young togboge torun bowlers...

Saeed Ajmal...
Ready for doosra...how short our innings will last in middle overs only Allmighty knows
He is no our part time bhua offies who can't take any wicket or spin in spinning track
Old November 4, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Umar Gul -

Lots of people here may remember his play on 2003–04 home series against Bangladesh, making his Test debut and taking 15 wickets in the three Tests. He was retained for the ODIs against Bangladesh, taking a List A best five for 17 in nine overs in the third match, and ended with 11 wickets in the 5–0 series win." (source: Wiki). Amago KaEdge, Kotcha SN, Akram 2.0, Chokka Nayeem, notun jamai will see is his entire 10 over quota in one day.

key armory: late reverse swing, swing bowler, economical

Zunaid Khan:

Came us replacement of Shohail Tanvir, but already becoming spearhead of their pace department. He is continuosly clocking 140 to 142 (no relation with Shahdat Shahrukh Khan). Lots of people already telling him the new Wasim Akram. He can bowl good yorker and knows about swing and seam unlike our superstar para moholla type bowler.
Old November 4, 2011, 10:51 PM
MLC World Series I

Their most improved player over the course of the year has been Hafeez, the way he has make a comeback and cemented his place in the starting XI has been impressive.. excellent with the bat and does it with the ball as well..

Their two new finds Azhar and Asad has also got to be mentioned.
Old November 4, 2011, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Been looking at their batting for the last two tests, and their avg SR is like around 30-45, and they all go on to make decent scores, they'll out-tire our lethargic players.
Old November 5, 2011, 01:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Gopal da, you should open a psychological type you know what I meana,= thread in FC section called, "Self Profile Yourself"
Old November 5, 2011, 02:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

put any fast bowler in front of us and we will make him look like WASIM AKRAM OR WAQAR YUNUS.
Old November 5, 2011, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

We are always vulnerable against pace bowling. This Pakistani attack looks dangerous. It will rip us apart
Old November 5, 2011, 06:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no doubt they r a better side than WI but I personally give a **** of how good Pak are,
What worries me is our own players, we gift our wickets,our WKeeper is too generous, our pace bowling have dudh er daat, we make Vitori,Samuels,Simmons,even Bishoo look like superCricketers.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 5, 2011, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't know mych about them either, except tey kicked SL's back pretty hard in the last test match.
btw, does anyone know whats up with wahab riaz?
Old November 5, 2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

They've got a couple of new batsmen in, who refuse to get out and think block, block, block, maybe get a run, no block some more..... God help us, if Pakistan win the toss, we'll be in the field for 160-180 overs.
Old November 5, 2011, 08:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Pakistan will look to give rest some of their key players like hafeez, umar gull,younis khan,saeed ajmal and riaz so that they are ready and fresh against England.I percieve saddaf hussain will get a chance to play against Bangladesh.Umar akmal will make a comeback for sure.raza hassan left arm spinner may also be considered.
Old November 5, 2011, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I doubt that.. Pakistan will not risk losing against Bangladesh and they will play full team. Pakistan rarely rests their players. And their team is still gelling and the XI is not complete yet with the new coach/selector..

Regarding the players to watch out for...I would say Sayeed Ajmal, Rehman and Hafeez. Gul and Julkarnain will get their 3 wickets but the spinners are pretty good in this track. Asad Shafique is a very promising player like Shakib quality and can also become the unlikely hero. And Dhaka favorite, Afridi is back in the fold too to cause some damage with his sly bowling..

Once, I heard from an interview either it was Waqar or Inzamam or a senior player,, that 'nobody wants to lose against Bangladesh and that's their inspiration to trounce them and believe that they can't possibly lose against Bangladesh'... I only wish our players had that mindset against the Pakistanis!!
Old November 5, 2011, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Heard Riaz/ajmal is pretty good....other than that, when it comes to batting Umar Akmal/Misbah will be pretty dangerous...
Now thaqt Afridi's back...oh Lord don't want to even think of the fate of BD team against Pak
It's a relief that the cheating duo (Asif and Amir) are not there anymore....
Old November 5, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

If Misbah and Younis get together at the crease, Bangladesh won't take another wicket.
Old November 5, 2011, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I don't even want to start with younis....oh Allah please give the BD selectors some"buddhi-shuddhi" and let them select anamul huq bijoy as an opener/wk with tamim and nazmul hossain as a 3rd pacer instead of sharapova....
I know this thread's for pak team, but I'll still post my team for bd xi
Tamim
Anamul huq bijoy (wk)
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mushy (c)
Shakib
Naeem
Nasir
Sunny
Shafiul (would have LOVED to see Mashrafe instead)
Nazmul
Rubel
Old November 5, 2011, 08:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thanks for the input everyone. I do feel spin from Ajmal would be a threat just like Bishoo, Vettori et al poses to the batsmen.

Hope Miraz bhai puts the squad soon...
Old November 5, 2011, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I actually thought we handled Bishoo well. First time that the standout spinner from the other team was not really a threat. Taking a fiver by mopping up the tail doesn't count much in my book when almost all top order wickets were gifts as well. Bishoo bowled one or two short balls per over and rarely bowled a genuine wicket taking delivery. If Sohel bhai was here he'd summarily call him out as getting wickets due to "unforced batting errors" with minimal "scripting".

In short, I thought all the pre series hype about Bishoo was much Adoo [sic] about nothing.
Old November 5, 2011, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I don't know about you, But i think Nazmul Has done enough to play All the ODI's in the next series? what do you think?
Old November 5, 2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I don't even want to start with younis....oh Allah please give the BD selectors some"buddhi-shuddhi" and let them select anamul huq bijoy as an opener/wk with tamim and nazmul hossain as a 3rd pacer instead of sharapova....
I know this thread's for pak team, but I'll still post my team for bd xi
Tamim
Anamul huq bijoy (wk)
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mushy (c)
Shakib
Naeem
Nasir
Sunny
Shafiul (would have LOVED to see Mashrafe instead)
Nazmul
Rubel
Exactly my team. I would let Mushy bat before Mullah though.