facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of Bangladesh touring Pakistan in 2012
Yes 9 18.00%
No 28 56.00%
May be 8 16.00%
Don't know 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 26, 2011, 03:04 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddaser
Yeah everyones begging to play Bangladesh cause they are great opposition? or maybe its a case of finding someone to thrash.

12 years and absolutely no improvement. ICC probably regrets giving them Test status and rightly so.
54 years after independence and regressing everyday. What a shame! What a shame!

Bangladesh might be poor, but not a failed state like certain other subcontinental nation. If you live in glasshouses, please don't throw stones at others.
Old November 26, 2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Pak wants to prove that their land is safe enough to host other countries, in order to prove it they want BD to tour, but imo BD is not the right "indicateur"
To prove the security Pak need to make India visit them, if nothing goes wrong than others can visit.
Whatever fault BCCI might have, they will not agree to a tour which might be their players in perhaps a top 3 unsafe country in the world. You need BCB to make such dumb decisions.
Old November 26, 2011, 03:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Voted no....
Old November 26, 2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
it's not worth replying to people like mudasser. leave it guys
Perhaps he enjoys the response. If he keeps responding with trash, I'll keep telling him the truth about him.
Old November 26, 2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
True. I forgot it. Just as Dr. Z says "Don't feed the trolls".
Your comment was an insult to the trolls...
Old November 26, 2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Why are you guys getting so worked up over this one guy's post? Do we really need to take things that seriously. So what he called us 'beggers'. If that's what he thinks we are, good for him? does that really make us beggars?
I just looked at the definition of beggars in the dictionary. According to the Dictionary.com:

beg·gar [beg-er]
noun
  1. a person who begs alms or lives by begging.
  2. a penniless person.
  3. a wretched fellow; rogue: the surly beggar who collects the rents.
  4. a child or youngster (usually preceded by little): a sudden urge to hug the little beggar.
Old November 26, 2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Voted no....
I hope BCB does too...
Old November 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

If Bangladesh had any shame they wouldnt send their team to play against Pakistan or any decent team for that matter irrespective of venue.

Lets face it you arent good enough.
Old November 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't know about you, but I just F#$&ing hate that word "YAAR" these Indi-Pak use. I hate how it sounds, I hate how it's used. It pisses me off every time I hear it.
Old November 26, 2011, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

On topic: Where is the HELL NO option.
Old November 26, 2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Remember the rules:

A.1.4: Avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion and gender.

- As admin

I am sad and ashamed so many of us are prone to the same racist attitudes against whole people and nations that we accuse others of.

- As myself
Old November 26, 2011, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddaser
12 years and absolutely no improvement. ICC probably regrets giving them Test status and rightly so.
I also hate how people use that "# of years" next to "no improvement" in our case. I really think they are very stupid. Because that number is irrelevant. It's not like we had the same team for 12 years and they played for that long, and failed to improve. We've had 2 different batch of players, and this is the 3rd one in session. To judge where our team is today, we have to go back to their start point, and that is WC07, not the beginning of time. And in that case the "# of years" = 4.5 Years. And "level of improvements" = moderated at worst. Clearly you won't judge WI, Zim, Aus based on their previous generation. You won't also judge Number one India (lets just say they are truly number one) based on their crappy teams from the past. So why is it any different here? Are they judging the team or the board? So = STHU

On topic: @ Pakistanis - stop being so emotional and hurt and attack our team, just because we don't want to send our players to a dangers place. This has nothing to do with our team's performance level. This is not about CRICKET any longer. It's about their safety. Whether they are horrible cricketers or not, their lives are still very valuable. So, just stop.
Old November 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

i am really astonished that that guy was a member since 2003..survived 8 years..amazing troll
Old November 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i am really astonished that that guy was a member since 2003..survived 8 years..amazing troll
Note, He has also taken down some other BC members with him.

We have ZERO tolerance for bigotry - be it related to race, ethnicity, nationaityl, gender, sexual orientation, religion or any other form. There are usually no STRIKES. You are just out.

Don't feed the trolls. Don't be hateful.
Old November 26, 2011, 09:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

if you want to achieve something big--u have to sacrifice something--- Mostofa kamal believes in this theory. so he doesnt mind to sacrifice national cricketers life for better and bigger achievement like his own VP post. This is called patriotism.

Hope there is not another incidence like srilanka team in pakistan.

pathetic
Old November 26, 2011, 10:19 PM
Test Cricketer

No. Our players shouldn't be guinea pigs for testing the effectiveness of their national security. Only after one or two other countries have had successful tours should we reconsider our position.
Old November 26, 2011, 11:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I want the players' mothers to ground them... Easy fix.
Old November 26, 2011, 11:55 PM

Let us try to get back to the topic in hand. I hope that common sense prevails in this case. I hope someone tells Mr. Kamal that he will be in real hot water if our cricket team is sent to Pakistan without verifying security and something happens.
There are many competent security farms in the world. BCB should use the service of at least one of them to check security arrangements. PCB should pay for the costs associated with this evaluation.

I hope that there is not an incident worse than the one involving the SL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
if you want to achieve something big--u have to sacrifice something--- Mostofa kamal believes in this theory. so he doesnt mind to sacrifice national cricketers life for better and bigger achievement like his own VP post. This is called patriotism.

Hope there is not another incidence like srilanka team in pakistan.

pathetic
Old November 26, 2011, 11:59 PM

I am afraid that irrespective of our feelings, the tour is probably going to happen. (A top ICC post is too much to pass up.) The question is whether BCB will do the smart thing and demand adequate security measures.
Old November 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I've got no problems with our team going to Pakistan. How long has it been since they had a match at home? Their board and govt will be very keen to give us the best security available. Think of it from their point of view, say anything even slightly untoward happens, bye bye any potential for cricket in Pakistan for the next 5 years at the very least.

Absolutely no one would even consider it...

So I understand why some feel, we shouldn't be the test cases and what not...well we don't HAVE to be, but we too are desperate to play cricket, so why not?

Oh and as a slight compromise, the board should give individual players the right to opt out(so if someone truly fears going, they should be allowed to not go, and NOT be penalized for taking that decision).
Old November 27, 2011, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Are you seriously wanting to put up the lives of our cricketers as a test case? If their own head of government can't be protected.....
Old November 27, 2011, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Are you seriously wanting to put up the lives of our cricketers as a test case? If their own head of government can't be protected.....
Benazir? Hard to protect anyone in a conspiracy. Big factions internally wanted her killed, and with them wanting her gone, it was only a matter of when not if.

I'm going to give the Pakistani establishment a bit of credit, that they will want to not further ruin the one thing that is remotely good about their country...the one and ONLY thing that is deserving of any praise or pride(leaving aside the massive cheating scandals, and their Nuke program).

Because even a stray bullet shot in the air, will ensure Pakistan will remain a no-go zone for a long long time.

I honestly think they will provide us with exemplary security. Security that they normally would reserve for say, the Indian team. But like I said, if players were uneasy, and felt unsafe, I would understand, and ultimately if the board decided to back out, I would understand that too.
Old November 27, 2011, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Any other time a BD team visit to Pakistan would not be in anyone's radar but if this tour happens the glare of publicly would be so bright that every extremist group and their cohorts would be wanting to target the team. Even the best security cannot prevent a lobbed grenade here or an RPG attack there - it may not even be a Pakistani group - there are enough across the pass who would relish at the recruiting opportunity at the expense of Pakistan.
Old November 27, 2011, 02:07 AM
Banned

Fair enough. I mean I'm not exactly over the moon at the prospect of touring Pakistan - but thought they would learn the lessons from the SL 'debacle', and would set up an iron clad(as much as you can) security cordon.

But I am in the minority(at least on here) and the funny thing is, I don't even like Pakistan...haha.
Old November 27, 2011, 02:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

hell no...

just think about whats the worst could happen would happen...

there shouldn't be any team touring pakistan let alone Bangladesh...not until there is stability in that country.