facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 21, 2011, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Only if we could played 15 more overs and scored 50 more runs !!! so close to draw this match
mushy debacle was turning point. screwed up shot-what did he drink at lunch. oh well there is always next time right?
Old December 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
mushy debacle was turning point. screwed up shot-what did gee drink at lunch. oh well there is always next time right?
When is the time that comes 'right' after the 'next'?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 21, 2011, 05:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
mushy debacle was turning point. screwed up shot-what did gee drink at lunch. oh well there is always next time right?
Yes brother. Next time

A good match we had, to be frank. Good performance by Shakib, SN, Nasir, Mushy. I thought we would lose this match by lunch time. Happy to stretch it to final hours of the day.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang
When is the time that comes 'right' after the 'next'?

right after next is I guess next-no?
Old December 21, 2011, 05:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

We might have lost the game, but I'd be pretty happy with this performance after the what we have seen in the whole series.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 21, 2011, 05:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Man of the match: who else other than the wonder boy Shakib Al Hasan.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Shakib deserved to be in the wining side..if this was any other team..even Zim he would have been either in the wining side or at least draw
Old December 21, 2011, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Younis is the Man of the Series: It's hardto play back to back series but in the end it was a happy ending. Bangladesh are improving, all they need is to play more Tests and stick with the same guys."

Nice words from Younis.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Shakib deserved to be in the wining side..if this was any other team..even Zim he would have been either in the wining side or at least draw
Well he should have picked up another 5 wicket in the second innings. Or scored another hundred. The team should be renamed to Shakib Al Hasan instead of BD if none of the other sissies are of any use.

And yes, sad but true. Still fuming at Rahim for playing that retarded shot and his pathetic keeping vs Shak.
Old December 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
The team should be renamed to Shakib Al Hasan instead of BD if none of the other sissies are of any use.
i totally agree with you..just read my sig
Old December 21, 2011, 06:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Alhamdulillah, we played till the end. It could've been worse!

Positive things to take away from this match are... Shakib's superb all-round perfomance, Nafees and Nasir's performances with the bat and Nazmul's with tha ball. Also, with horrible fielding, biased umpiring, and our faltu top-order batsmen performances, I'm glad we fought till the end. We just started to shine in the test series...I wish, if we had one more test match to play, we could've won it! This is what happens...when our boyz get in the groove, they have to wait another 2/3 months and start all over again and hence they struggle with the new team. It's a vicious cycle... Hope BCB will do something about it!...so, our top performers for this match are...

Shakib!

Good job Nafees for your batting performance (only)!

Good job Nasir!

Good job Nazmul!

bowlers (excluding SRK)!

Finally, thanks everyone for contributing to the thread! You guys are awesome!

MashAllah, SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar!
Subhanaka Allahumma Wa Bihamdik. Ashhadu al laa ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk!

^^(closing dua' for the gathering!)
Old December 21, 2011, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Agree...Nasir won't stop i guess like Shakib
Nasir blindly follows Shakib.. Whenever I see Shakib on the TV screen Nasir Nasir is always around him ... ha ha ha... it's good that he idealizes Shakib but don't want him to repeat Shakib's mistakes... even if he becimes half of what Shakib is. we have a future in cricket...
Old December 21, 2011, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if mushy gives sahadat the ball i'll personally go in the stadium and stone him
and it looks like he did that.. I think Mushy is deeply in love with Shahadat... I don't know why would you use your most crappy bowler while defending such small total
Old December 21, 2011, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
International Bachelors' Association (IBA)
It's Institute of Business and Administration if you are talking about DU, IBA..
Old December 21, 2011, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
mushy debacle was turning point. screwed up shot-what did he drink at lunch. oh well there is always next time right?
Yes want a report on that now... he have to explain in front of the media just like Shakib did ,...
Old December 21, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
It's Institute of Business and Administration if you are talking about DU, IBA..
ooopss....i did not know that. thanks mate
Old December 21, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

We were a batsmen short. They should have picked Naeem in place of Rajib or Robiul. Both were borderline pathetic in this test. The tail failed to wag in both innings.
Old December 21, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

When is our next test?

Old December 21, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Most welcome Paniwala bhai, your MT gave us better moments than the previous MT (don't remember who opened that MT though)

anyway,slept after the tea break, good to see we took 2 more, sad that we couldn't draw it.
Old December 21, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Picking an extra batsman wouldnt ahve changed anything unless that batsman and the tail have had 'longer version cricket playing mindset'.

Robiul, Shahadat and Nazmul's stats look bad because of the 7 dropped catches we had. Our top order batsmans batting average looks bad because of some umpiring decisions but more so due to their lack of mindset. Period.

We were outclassed by Pakistani players clear and absolutely clear mindset of playing test cricket to a point that even zaheer Abbas is annoyed with the Pak captain. If you see how even players like Asad Shafique batted versus Tamim Iqbal batted,, we see the sheer difference. And for that, I would say Asad Shafique is a better player than hyped up Tamim Iqbal.

All in all, I think this series was one of the most learning series for Bangladeshi players. They all seemed to have good relationship with the Pakistani players ( even Akmal admitting in stump mike about his own LBW out that wasnt given to bangladesh or Yunis asking Nasir to complete his century etc.). Pakistani players showed significant respect to Bangladesh cricket and the players( as opposed to Indian or other teams) which I hope the players will learn from.

At the end, too bad we don't have any upcoming series against a Test side where we can see how the team evolved around the newly finds of Nazimuddin ( thank God, Imrul is now not the abosolute option anymore), Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny and Nazmul Hossain... I think we accomplished something in forming the team for future with these players. We still need to fix the #3, #4 but we are very close in having the team we always wanted where Tamim and Shakib are part of it but not all of it!!
Old December 21, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
and it looks like he did that.. I think Mushy is deeply in love with Shahadat... I don't know why would you use your most crappy bowler while defending such small total
Did you miss the bit when Shakib told Mushy to give the ball to Shahadat?
Old December 21, 2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Shakib asked Mushy to give it to Shahadat so that the batsmen would have trouble watching the ball in the dwindling light. But of course, the idiot had to throw it away by bowling knee-high bouncers at 120 kph.
Old December 21, 2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Draw kora akta match hayra gelam
Old December 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Bangladesh v Pakistan, 2nd Test, Mirpur, 5th day
I let my team down - Mushfiqur
Mohammad Isam
December 21, 2011

The shots played by Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah, Bangladesh's captain and vice-captain, were dreadful examples of leading from the front. The captain getting out with his team just a session away from safety was the bigger offender. Pakistan eventually beat the clock and the fading light, chasing down the target of 103 to win the series 2-0.

With bad light being so much of an issue in the second Test in Mirpur, it was likely to come into play as Bangladesh fought for a draw. Mushfiqur had done the hard work of keeping the two-hour morning session wicketless, with 86 runs in 29 overs. He added 107 for the sixth wicket with Nasir Hossain, who batted without trouble against a Pakistan attack that waned at times.

The pair surged along, knocking off Pakistan's 132-run lead, and both batsmen reached half-centuries. However, Abdur Rehman found a way through Nasir Hossain's defences after lunch, and it was all down to Mushfiqur and the tail. What the captain did next is another example of how Bangladesh implode all of a sudden. After batting nearly three hours, Mushfiqur skipped down the wicket and, in his effort to attack Rehman, ended up lofting one to Saeed Ajmal at mid-off to depart for 53.

"Of course I will take the blame. If I didn't get out, we could have batted 30 minutes more," Mushfiqur said after the defeat. "I feel guilty for my shot as I let my team down.

"I was set so I thought if I take a chance, I could score 20-30 more runs. My plan was correct but execution was wrong. They only had square-leg back. I tried it earlier but couldn't get to the ball."

The timing of Mushfiqur's dismissal was a sickening blow to Bangladesh's pursuit for safety. It was all over in 25 minutes.

On the fourth evening, Mushfiqur's deputy, Mahmudullah, had committed a similar blunder. After Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees suffered poor decisions, Mahmudullah's shot was hard to comprehend. He chased a wide delivery from Aizaz Cheema and top-edged to deep point to be dismissed for 32 off 50 balls.

"He [Mahmudullah] knows it well that when he got out, it was a bad time. He was having good partnerships with Nazimuddin and Nasir," Mushfiqur said. "We have to cut down on some shots in such situations.

"Ever since I started playing for Bangladesh, this has happened. This is the fact. We make mistakes in situations and we can't recover. If we had taken all the catches, they wouldn't have taken the 130-run lead. It would have been a different ball game if we took a 250-280 lead."

Mushfiqur, however, believed his team had improved with every innings during this Test series against Pakistan. "Overall batting-wise, we have gradually improved. Some of our batsmen could bat for a long time, which was our goal. We often get out after a quick 30-40. These are the positives.

"If we lose four, five wickets in a session, or they score 100 for 0, it becomes difficult to come back. Our bowlers created a lot of chances in this game, but we couldn't capture it."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mushfiq, it's ok that you made mistakes...learn from it & please don't repeat 'em in the future!
Old December 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Shakib asked Mushy to give it to Shahadat so that the batsmen would have trouble watching the ball in the dwindling light. But of course, the idiot had to throw it away by bowling knee-high bouncers at 120 kph.

Shahadat, what an idiot he is.