facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2004, 08:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default I don\'t belive there r no talented fast bowlers in Bangladesh

We need a fast bowler who can bowl atleast 146 kmh. Otherwise it is very dificult to win in a test match. We have to search for it all over the area of Bangladesh. We have to arrange a bowling speed competition by using bowling speed meter all over the place of Bangladesh. This way we can manage to find out the talented fast bowlers who can bowl 146kmh per hour.
Old March 2, 2004, 08:45 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default speed

see, even though fast speed in intrigrated in the name (fast bowler) its not always necessary to have speed. in fact speed is not a very crutial factor in winning a test. compare glen mcgra (spell) and shoeb akter. jason is slower but better than shoeb. in fact, shoeb could be the fastest but not the best. thats one point of whether we need it or not. its ofcourse good to have one but i don't believe we can't win a test without one. second is about searching. by nature we are not physically huge. and fast bowling needs that. looking for a bowler like that would be "khorer gathai shuch khoja". i just hope murtoza comes back safe and sound.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by AgentSmith]
Old March 2, 2004, 08:47 PM
Banned

Why, what happens at 146 kmh ? Is the sound barrier broken ?

89 mph is just as good as 90 mph , ain't it ?
Old March 2, 2004, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

well i dont think in fast boling the speed is only the main issue. i dont think the speed is the only tool for a fast boler. even with extreme speed a boler can still be bad. for example shoaib akhtar. he has extreme speed but sometimes he gets beaten like hell. so actually speed is not the main issue here. instead it is the line and length and variation. wasim is much slower than shoaib but he is much better than shoiab because he has variation and line and length which makes him a better boler. dannabad.
Old March 2, 2004, 10:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Default unfortunately u have to believe

Mr. Arafat you have to believe that...we are physically not big enough to produce that much speed..but it requires time and planning...may be next generation will produce more taller, strong and faster pacers for us like Pakistan or now even India and Sri lanka. It should be a lengthy process from early childhood to give enough support, nutrition, and coaching to the youngsters to make them a fast pacers i n their early ages. Otherwise, it'z hard to even get good fast pacers right now.
Old March 2, 2004, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

dannabad bangladeshcricket bhai,
chomotkar akti boktobbo dawar jonno kintu apnake antorik dhonnobad. ashole kintu apni thiki bolechen. speed kintu hotat korai ashe na. eta kintu akta long process ebong it starts from childhood. and you need proper nutriution and fitness from childhood. kothata kintu apni thiki bolechen.
Old March 2, 2004, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Whats with the 146?

y not 145 or 140???

Old March 2, 2004, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

lol asif bhai,
joke ta kintu chomotkar chilo.
Old March 2, 2004, 11:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think we have to wait much longer. In my last few visits back home - I've noticed that most young kids these days are taller/healthier than what it used to be. (especially in the villages)
Unnoticed by most, our villages have become much better economically - in the last 10 -15 years. I believe if our villages can sustain this development for few more years - we are going to get a much larger pool of athletes.

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshCricket
Mr. Arafat you have to believe that...we are physically not big enough to produce that much speed..but it requires time and planning...may be next generation will produce more taller, strong and faster pacers for us like Pakistan or now even India and Sri lanka. It should be a lengthy process from early childhood to give enough support, nutrition, and coaching to the youngsters to make them a fast pacers i n their early ages. Otherwise, it'z hard to even get good fast pacers right now.
[Edited on 3-3-2004 by say]
Old March 3, 2004, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

well say that's the best news to come out of bangladesh in a long time!!
Old March 3, 2004, 06:01 AM
Club Cricketer

basiya can hold his head high after this test series.
Old March 3, 2004, 08:18 AM
Cricket Guru

they wont be able to bowl that fast because of physical structure and stamina..but if they try they can bowl cleverly!
Old March 3, 2004, 09:53 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

There are so many talented players (either batsman, bowlers or fast bowlers) in all over Bangladesh, that you cannot choose one over another.

However, the big hurdle is, NONE OF THEM ARE HARD WORKERS, so ultimately it turns out that only a few of them can actually shine in the big league, Tapash Baisya for an example.
Old March 3, 2004, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Bangladeshis are some of the fittest people in the world!

I don't agree with the "lack od physical strength/stamina" arguement!!! Have you seen the 60 year old rickshaw pullers toiling under oppressive humid conditions. These guys must have some of the strongest calf muscles, backbones, arms, and abs in the whole world. Not an ounce of fat on them! The rickshaw pullers in Bangladesh are the supreme example of strength, stamina, and hardwork that Bangladeshis are capable of if they put their minds and bodies to it.
Old March 3, 2004, 11:28 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

well said
Old March 3, 2004, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

dannabad,
ashole hoito amader bhalo peleyar royeche. tobe jeta akta problem sheta hochhe tader khuje ber kora ebong arki problem jeta amar age akjon bolegechen sheta hochhe tara khatte chai na. kothata ami puropuri shikar korbo na. karon amader deshe a jatiyo doler player chara onnoderke kintu jibikar jonno kichu na kichu korte hoi. ar fole tara cricket ar proti shompurno monojog dite pare na. e charao onek poribar theke to badha achai. dannabad.
Old March 4, 2004, 09:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default Bujhar chesta koren BangladeshCricket and FaltuRidwanBhai

Without any fast bowler it is always difficult to win a match. The success of Sohaib Akhter is too much than the failure. He made his name as a match winning bowler so many times. Pakistan is still depending on him. Yes, it is true height is benificial to become a genuine fast bowler. But it is not necessary all the time. Sohaib and Shan Bond is not as tall as Ambrose, Walsh, gillespie, Mcgrath. They r under 6 feet. I don't think Sohaib was trained to become a fast bowler since his childhood. Training is necessary after the talent not before that. A fast bowler should bowl more than 145 kmh otherwise a bowler will not be concidered as a genuine fast bowler except fast medium bowler like Mahrafee. BCB has to search for fast bowlers from now all over the areas of Bangladesh.
Old March 4, 2004, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

arafath apni jokhon bolchen je height is not always necessary tokhon kintu amar mone akta prosno jaglo. tahole ki shujon akhon jodi take train kora hoi tahole she ki parbe shoaib ar moton bol korte. dannabad.
Old March 4, 2004, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Bangladeshis are some of the fittest people in the world
Really pompous?? So we should start looking for cricketers among rickshawpullers....

It's not healthy to conclude something based on some rickshawpuller from the City! You know that better than me.
Old March 4, 2004, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Africans have the most stamina
Old March 4, 2004, 11:34 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default 2 type of people

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
I don't agree with the "lack od physical strength/stamina" arguement!!! Have you seen the 60 year old rickshaw pullers toiling under oppressive humid conditions. These guys must have some of the strongest calf muscles, backbones, arms, and abs in the whole world. Not an ounce of fat on them! The rickshaw pullers in Bangladesh are the supreme example of strength, stamina, and hardwork that Bangladeshis are capable of if they put their minds and bodies to it.
if u don't mind pompous vai, i'd like to disagree with this point regarding cricket. what u said is true no doubt about it. and i really have respect for all those people. but think of it, would that old guy u describe would do it if he didn't HAVE TO? he needs to do it for his hunger. thats his dedication. our players unfortunately lacks this dedication. there is another aspect of it: there are 2 types of people in our country. who work hard and who doesn't work hard at all. unfortunately, those people who works hard spend their entire life on whiles or in agriculture. they don't play cricket. other type, namely modho birtto and uch-cho britto comes to cricket. don't get me wrong, but we never had any player who came from poor family who needed to work hard for food. and those non hard working people (may be i should say the non hard working children of modho bitto and uch-cho britto) are who plays cricket. how many of them starts to exercise regularly from childhood? how many of them gets balanced meal? u have to remember, having lots of food doesn't mean balanced. i remember once akib jabed said something like this that to make a fast bowler children need more meat than rice in the childhood. we simply don't have anything like that. and this is why we don't have any fast bowlers.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by AgentSmith]