facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2004, 07:38 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default what about shahadat?

Everyone seems to be rather taken with Enamul & Nafis; rightly so too. However, I cannot comprehend the hoopla over Talha Jubair. Yes Andy Roberts mentioned him as a possible 90mph bowler along with Mashrafee Kowshik, but that's about where their similarities end. Koushik has a very consistent action and is accurate as well. Talha, from what I've seen of him, is all over the place and that's probably why he gets injured even more frequently than Mashrafee.

The player from this tournament that I am really intrigued with is Shahadat Rajib. Journalist Rabeed Imam describes him as being 6'2" and one of the fastest of the u-19 championships (" target="_blank">http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...MAR2004.html"> http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...R2004.html</a>).

Has anyone here actually seen him play (on TV or upfornt?) Does he have the physique to grow into a stronger player? Are there enough repeatables in his bowling bio-mechanics to make his action sustainable?

Keo jaanley bhai doya koray bolen. Eikhaney boshay (Cali) amra jey puropuri ondho

Razab

Old March 5, 2004, 10:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

A few days ago McInnes talked about the bowlers in an interview. The interview was posted in this site. He marked Rajib as a certainity for the national team in future. Like you I also think Talha will find it very difficult to get into the national team in future. But I think the reason is fitness. He had the pace and in the few matches we saw him he was alright for test cricket. But unfortunately his frail body can't sustain that pace.
Old March 5, 2004, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Thanks for bringing this point up.
In one of the pictures the tallest guy hugging Nafis looks big. You can see his face only and I swear its as big as Akram Khan. I wonder if thats Rajib.

Its the second picture on the picture thread.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by pagol-chagol]
Old March 5, 2004, 01:56 PM
Banned

He took the most valuable wicket in the final.
Old March 6, 2004, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

sorry guys, i'm bit confused.
Is Shahadat Rajib and Nazmul same person?
Old March 6, 2004, 04:01 PM
Banned

Shahadat Hossain (Rajib) and Nazmul Hossain are two different bowlers for BD U-19.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default a clarification on shahadat

Hmm.. my main question I think needs further clarifying. We all agree that Enam Jr. and Nafis are great prospect for the sr. team.

I'm just trying to figure out if in Shahadat we just might have found the long term opening ball partner for Mashrafee. That's why I was asking if anyone who had seen him play had any comments.

I am convinced Talha is not the answer. Talha is probably what Americans call a "coach-killer": Blessed with talent, always promising something great, but never able to put it all together for sustained success.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Waqar Iunus was very wild in the beggining. It is Imran khan who helped him to get his line and length. So Talha should not be ruled out for future contribution based on his wild side now. If he can convince himself to change, he might be a good fit in future.
Old March 9, 2004, 07:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

In a World Cup that lacked firepower, Bangladesh's Shahadat Hossain Rajib was a notable and extremely welcome exception. He was discovered during a talent-spotting camp in Narayanganj and whisked away to the Bangladesh Institute of Sports (BKSP) for refinement, and after being given his first international exposure this month, he has now been called up for the Bangladesh A team. Shahadat has all the necessary attributes for a genuine fast bowler. He is tall, comes in off a smooth run-up, and doesn't put unnecessary pressure on his body with his slightly open-chested angular delivery position. He has a strong frame and endurance in abundance. He is naturally aggressive and above everything, has raw pace. If he maintains his development, he could be a godsend for Bangladesh in the coming years.

Cricinfo.

I have not seen this player but the reporter rates him very highly. He is also included in the A team to face zim A.
Old March 9, 2004, 12:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default I\'m now officially on the shahadat bandwagon

My prediction? Mashrafee & Shahadat to open the bowling sometime late next year with Taposh Boisho or Md. Sharif coming 1st change
Old March 9, 2004, 01:10 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default a new hope

6'2"
A bangladeshi
I can't think of any I've seen in bangladesh.
And, if he is fit to ball and has the skill what else do we need!
No doubt he can be an asset. And thats the problem.
Assets are always delicate by nature. We have to make sure we don't destroy him. Physically, by putting more pressure on him or calling for extra service before we make him ready for it. and also mentally, by giving him to much attention (i think thats what happend with asharaful).
hay guys check it out: just imagine a team like this (everyone is informed and physically fit):

Shahrier Hossain/Nafis Iqbal
Hannan Sarkar
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Mohammad Ashraful
Manjural Rana
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Taposh Boisha/Mohammad Sarif (Or some one else here a new discovery as the first change bowler)

Shahadut
Mashrafee

Give me this, all informed and fit, i'll give a close fight against any team and pick up some win!
Old March 9, 2004, 03:19 PM
Banned

He has a 50 yard run-up!
Old March 9, 2004, 03:36 PM

Default never seen him play

how do u know billah? i never seen him play and i think most of us don't. anyway, if he is physically able to do that and continue it, it should be ok. we do need fast bowler to accompany masri. also, do anyone konw the real reason why masri is so vulnarable physically? does he has some wrong style of bowling that harts him or something else?
Old March 9, 2004, 04:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
6'2"
A bangladeshi
I can't think of any I've seen in bangladesh.
And, if he is fit to ball and has the skill what else do we need!
No doubt he can be an asset. And thats the problem.
Assets are always delicate by nature. We have to make sure we don't destroy him. Physically, by putting more pressure on him or calling for extra service before we make him ready for it. and also mentally, by giving him to much attention (i think thats what happend with asharaful).
hay guys check it out: just imagine a team like this (everyone is informed and physically fit):

Shahrier Hossain/Nafis Iqbal
Hannan Sarkar
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Mohammad Ashraful
Manjural Rana
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Taposh Boisha/Mohammad Sarif (Or some one else here a new discovery as the first change bowler)

Shahadut
Mashrafee

Give me this, all informed and fit, i'll give a close fight against any team and pick up some win!
I'll push Talha in as 1st change bowler, 'cause according to norms ( fit and inform i.e consistant line-length ) talha is the best buy. He's tall as well and have the required fire power. Just need to bowl good line and length. Don't rule him out , 'cause he's still young and already played in big stage. Best wishes for shahadat but mind you he still needs to play with big boys.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Zephaniah]
Old March 9, 2004, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
how do u know billah? i never seen him play and i think most of us don't. anyway, if he is physically able to do that and continue it, it should be ok. we do need fast bowler to accompany masri. also, do anyone konw the real reason why masri is so vulnarable physically? does he has some wrong style of bowling that harts him or something else?
Rabeed Imam mentioned Shahadat's 50-yard run-up in his article on cricinfo.

"The intensity soon picked up, however, as Shahadat Hossain Rajib, the 6ft 2ins tearaway from Narayanganj marked his 50-yard run up. He steams in like an express train and hurls down the ball from a slight angle with a partially open action. Every time he began his run, the drums started beating in a pulsating rhythm and those who didn't have an instrument to hand would join in with a clatter of empty mineral-water bottles. Just to return the compliment, the bowler, one of the fastest on show at the World Cup, shattered the stumps of Theo Doropoulos. The party was just warming up."

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...05MAR2004.html
Old March 9, 2004, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
To answer your other question, Mr. Smith, Masri did find some problem with his action that was causing him pain. It was detected by none other the than the mighty Brett Lee. Lee showed Masri what he was doing wrong & Masri was working on correcting it. However, several of Mashrafee's injuries were freak ones. He did not sustain them during bowling or from his bowling action. 3 times, as far as I can remember, they were from falls & wrong stepping (while not bowling).
Old March 9, 2004, 06:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
He did not sustain them during bowling or from his bowling action. 3 times, as far as I can remember, they were from falls & wrong stepping (while not bowling).
Billah bhai,
Are you saying that Mashrafee is a klutz? To those not familiar with Yiddish, a klutz is a person who's afflicted with perpetual "lulami"; jara kothay kothay bowal maach dhoray

I have also some pictures of Mashrafee bowling. Methinks he needs boots with longer metal studs to preven all the slippage.

As to Talha, if he can drop 6 bolls in a row on a handkerchief - in a match that counts, then ami shudhu nengti poray dhaka statidum ey lafa lafi kortay raaji achi
Old March 9, 2004, 06:25 PM
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by razabq
Quote:
He did not sustain them during bowling or from his bowling action. 3 times, as far as I can remember, they were from falls & wrong stepping (while not bowling).
Billah bhai,
Are you saying that Mashrafee is a klutz? To those not familiar with Yiddish, a klutz is a person who's afflicted with perpetual "lulami"; jara kothay kothay bowal maach dhoray

Not klutz, unlucky may be, not klutz.
Old March 9, 2004, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

How fast does Shahadat bowl? Does anyone know?
Old March 9, 2004, 10:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Richard!

this question is for you sire?!

how fast are our young colts? whats their potential (pace) in the future?
Old March 9, 2004, 10:56 PM

Default good call

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
this question is for you sire?!

how fast are our young colts? whats their potential (pace) in the future?
good idea, but not sure u19 coach has that much time to travel through all the threads and read all posting. so its unlikely that he'll see this post. how about u send him an u2u?
Old December 1, 2006, 09:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

shahadat has turned out pretty well after all this time...

its so cool to read the forum so long ago (around when i first joined), its funny cuz everyone is so ignorant about rajib, and now we are all experts...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 1, 2006, 10:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

I'm one of his biggest fans...he brings the killer instinct we lack otherwise! Go Rajib....
Old December 1, 2006, 10:44 PM

Ha! ha!! ha!!! Was lost in time for few moments!:p