facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

I think dilscoop you are pulling our leg.
Old March 2, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

This was such an exciting moment. A reprieve and a stopped 4 becomes a 4 and a runout gets overturned. While watching this, in the back of my head I was wondering if something happened at the ropes. And sure enough, yes.

The run-out that wasn't
The throw came in, the wicketkeeper whipped the bails off, the umpire raised his finger and Dinesh Chandimal began to walk off the field. But there was more to what looked like a straightforward run-out than first met the eye. Lahiru Thirimanne's cut was collected at deep point by Ben Hilfenhaus, who slid and relayed the ball to David Warner, who in turn sent it on to Matthew Wade to catch Chandimal short. But replays showed Hilfenhaus' heel had touched the boundary while he had the ball in his hand. That message was relayed to the on-field umpires and it was a reprieve for Chandimal, and a boundary for Sri Lanka.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ry/555994.html
Old March 2, 2012, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Dude they captained their team to back to back world cup final. What more can you ask for? Sure they don't want to make you stay up late to watch them play, but you ain't gotta hate them. gessh
Again, it has nothing to do with cricket. So you don't have to keep telling me how good they are. They are not on my fav player list, get over it.

Sri Lanka is not an exciting outfit (this era) = my opinion. You can't prove me wrong by cricketing stats. They went from being my fav to being least fav.
Old March 2, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bye bye india...i wont miss u

Then they will be in our back yard soon
Old March 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

If the ball hit the bat in the air and went for 4, would it have counted as runs or byes?
Old March 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

lol ^^^^^^^^
Old March 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Why are we discussing Srilanka games in India thread??

We have a different thread for the tri-series.
Old March 2, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

As soon as India leave Australia we will move to the other thread
Old March 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

IDK why none of you mentioned about this catch. That was kinda awesome.
Old March 2, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Oh yeah, that was cool. He got the ball, momentum was taking him out ofbounds, he threw it up... came back in and caught it. Good presence of mind.

But CI wasn't going gaga either

The catch
The old catch it on the rope, toss it back into play, fall over the boundary and step back in to catch it again. It's a routine that had hardly been considered, let alone seen on a cricket field a few years ago. Now it's so common that such catches are almost passé. Almost, but not quite. Michael Hussey's catch to get rid of Thisara Perera was perhaps not as spectacular as some other such takes, but any man who thinks fast enough and is good enough to pull off such a catch in the deep deserves praise.

Last edited by zsayeed; March 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM..
Old March 3, 2012, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Because he made it look very easy. He was very calm unlike Dussey in KKR or Adam Voges v NZ. They were rushing it.
Old March 3, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Default India Goes Home

And now to move on to other thread

SYDNEY // India left for home on Saturday after an abject tour of Australia to face recriminations after Sri Lanka ended their hopes of reaching the finals of the Tri-series.

Sri Lanka held their nerve to end India's late bid for a spot in the best-of-three finals with a gripping nine-run win over Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday.

That result means Sri Lanka will do battle with Australia in the finals, starting in Brisbane on Sunday.

India, who arrived Down Under in December as the second-ranked Test nation and reigning World Cup champions, return home to face questions over their poor tour, which included a 4-0 drubbing in the Test series against Australia.

As Cricinfo's Sidharth Monga observed: "In their own cocoon of denial, living in the past, out-batted, out-bowled, out-fielded, out-captained both on and off the field, out-coached, out-jibed by the hosts, India didn't really turn up."

Symptomatic of India's miserable time was the failure of batting star Sachin Tendulkar to claim his 100th international century.

Test and one-day cricket's revered leading run-scorer missed out on scoring a century for the first time in five tours to Australia, where he was given standing ovations to and from the wicket each time by respectful crowds. In eight Test and seven ODI innings Tendulkar could not deliver the ton that has eluded him since his 111 against South Africa at last year's World Cup.

India's tour record does not make for pretty reading.

Their 4-0 Test loss included defeat by 122 runs in Melbourne, innings losses in Sydney and Perth and a 298-run thrashing in Adelaide.

MS Dhoni's men set out to prove their doubters wrong in the triangular one-day series against Australia and Sri Lanka. After all, they were the reigning World Cup champions. Yet India again failed to measure up and despite an astonishing Hobart run-chase where they reeled in Sri Lanka's 320 with 80 balls to spare to give them late hope of squeezing into the finals, they ultimately missed out.

There have been calls back home for India's ageing batsmen - Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, even Tendulkar – to move on and questions over the strategy and approach of captain Dhoni and the batting lethargy of Virender Sehwag.

Former captain Sunil Gavaskar even questioned whether the Indian team was hurting enough from the crushing losses they endured.

Touring journalist Amol Karhadkar of the Hindustan Times observed on the final night in Brisbane that while cricket fans back home hoped for an Australian win over Sri Lanka, a number of players appeared little bothered. "While most of the players watched the first half of the match together in the team hotel, they ventured out for dinner later on," he said.

One unnamed Indian player told The Times of India newspaper: "A team [Sri Lanka] which knocks down Australia three times on the trot has to be in the final.

"On the positive side, we will get to spend a few days at home before going to Bangladesh for the Asia Cup. We have been away for almost three months and were feeling a bit homesick."

Presumably not as sick as Indian cricket fans feel about the past few months.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/cric...r-of-australia

Old March 4, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend