facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 26, 2011, 07:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Thumbs up Weaker Countries Get More Wrong Decisions - Kamal

Bangladesh news
Weaker countries get more wrong decisions - Kamal
ESPNcricinfo staff

December 26, 2011

Mustafa Kamal wants Bangladesh's next television contract to include the use of the Decision Review System © AFP

Mustafa Kamal, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president, has said that weaker teams get the short end of the stick when it comes to umpiring decisions.

"I was listening to the commentators during the recently concluded Pakistan series. Everyone mentioned there that we got bad decisions," Kamal said during the launch ceremony for the 2012 Asia Cup. "If those decisions went our way, the cricket would have been more competitive but we couldn't do that. To err is human. I cannot talk against umpires being an ICC director, but I have seen that against weaker countries, there are more wrong decisions."

Kamal was referring to the fourth day of the second Test at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, when Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal was given out caught even though the ball appeared to have struck his helmet and lobbed to the slip fielder. It was a crucial time for the Bangladesh team who were in pursuit of saving the game. There was a loud clamour for the Decision Review System (DRS), though this wasn't the first such instance.

During the England series in March 2010 as well, there was a lot of talk surrounding the BCB's reluctance to use technology with then captain Shakib Al Hasan being one of the advocates. In the second Test of that series, coach Jamie Siddons was seen fuming at some of the decisions in the England first innings. Umpire Asoka de Silva's mistakes during the Pakistan tour in 2003 was the first flashpoint of Bangladesh's angst with decisions.

Kamal was recently named the joint-nominee from Pakistan and Bangladesh for the ICC vice-presidency, and is in line to take over as president in 2014. He said that during the ICC's meeting a few months ago, the deliberations on making technology mandatory were put on hold as the system isn't foolproof yet. However, he stated that the next Bangladesh television deal would include the use of DRS.

"In the October ICC meeting, the DRS was discussed. There it was decided that since the technology hasn't been developed to that extent and there are mistakes in the DRS system itself, it won't be made mandatory.

"In our deal with Nimbus, there was no DRS. But from next April, when we will discuss with another broadcaster, we will tell them to include DRS in all our games."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/546969.html
Old December 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Who else is there then nimbus in the subcontinent?
Old December 26, 2011, 08:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

This time, Mr. Kamal is correct, seemingly. He might have visited some threads in BC.

This stupid Nimbus is bouncing like an old, backward monkey on our back, I am not sure when this monkey will BE off of our piggy bag.
Old December 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Respect to Mr. Kamal. Looks like the BCB is approaching the new broadcasting deal with a lot of caution so as to not repeat the same mistakes. Finally we'll be free from sh!tty Nimbus.
Old December 26, 2011, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs down I Don't believe Lotus

Ai kothata money Raikhen. 2010 shaleo ai beta bolechilo jey DRS ashbey - tokhon Morgan was visiting. Don't believe it until I see it!
Old December 26, 2011, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Deleted due to data base error.

Last edited by zsayeed; December 26, 2011 at 10:28 PM..
Old December 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Aijey, Etake Money Raikhen - Shob Bhua kotha.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bdeshven...ry/453155.html

Mirpur mistakes will spur UDRS usage - David Morgan
Andrew Miller in Dhaka
March 23, 2010

David Morgan, the ICC president, believes that the umpiring controversies that marred the third day of the Mirpur Test will help to encourage all cricket boards to embrace the use of the Umpire Decision Review System, but added that the business of footing the bill must still be shared by the host broadcaster for each series.

"I think that UDRS makes for wonderful television," Morgan said. "It adds a dimension to the package that a viewer receives, and I do believe that the broadcasters have a responsibility to fund part of it. Cricket is not afloat with dollars and pounds and euros. It is not a rich sport and we believe there has to be a contribution.

"But next time Bangladesh host international cricket, against New Zealand in October, I am sure that the BCB will have the equipment available," he added. "They clearly regret not having it in this series."

Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh's captain, was critical of the BCB following the third day's play, saying that had they chosen to pay for the referral technology, his team could have claimed a first-innings lead over England and made a push for their fourth Test victory.

"We would have been in a very good position if [UDRS] was in use here," he said. "I think we would have asked for a referral four times with full confidence, and three of them would have come to our way for sure. It's really bad for us that we did not use the referral system, which we could have done."

"Umpires can make mistakes, but a series of mistakes have gone against us, and it's very unfortunate," said Mostafa Kamal, the BCB president. "We have been talking about [UDRS] issue, but we found that other countries have not been using it extensively, so we thought that, first of all, we must know about the system itself. It is very delicate and if we misused it, it might go against us."

Speaking during an official visit to Bangladesh ahead of next year's World Cup, Morgan also defended the integrity of the ICC's elite umpires following Andy Flower's pre-series comments that more influential teams tend to get the rub of the green in marginal decisions, a suggestion that was backed up by Bangladesh's coach, Jamie Siddons, at the close of the third day's play.

"I have a great deal of time for Andy Flower. I have not chatted with him on this matter, but I'd like to," said Morgan. "I cannot accept that any of our international or elite umpires are biased. This game will be monitored in Dubai, and the match referee is here monitoring umpire performance as well. We will also listen to the captain of Bangladesh and the coach, but their views will not necessarily be regarded as value judgements at the end of the day.

"The UDRS system is being rolled out and is being used significantly more than in situations such as this when it is not in use," said Morgan. "Boards and broadcasters are being pressed to ensure it is available, and I think it will not be too long before we have the system operating with the optimum equipment available at each Test match, wherever it is played in the world."

England top scorers, Tim Bresnan and Ian Bell, received let-offs from the umpires on the third day.
Old December 26, 2011, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Aar from Shakib. I will see Loitta's delivery of his promise then believe.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bdeshven...ry/453049.html

Bangladesh v England, 2nd Test, Dhaka, 3rd day

Shakib blames board for lack of review system
Andrew Miller in Dhaka
March 22, 2010

Bangladesh's captain, Shakib Al Hasan, blamed the Bangladesh Cricket Board for failing to pay for the use of the Umpire Review Decision System, after his side's hopes of an historic maiden Test victory over England were undermined by a succession of rough umpiring decisions that allowed their opponents to graft their way to a 21-run lead with two first-innings wickets remaining.

Shakib himself led from the front, claiming 4 for 99 in 57 overs of relentlessly accurate left-arm spin, but the talking points of the day were the ones that got away. Each of England's three key contributors on the third day - Bell, Tim Bresnan and Matt Prior - received a let-off that enabled them to post at least another fifty runs, and in the cases of Bresnan and Prior, neither man had made it into double figures at the moment that their good fortune struck.

"It could have been a little bit better, and if it was a little better, we would have got a chance to bat today," said Shakib. "You know what the decisions were and what they should have been, but I don't want to make any comment. You all saw it on the TV."

For the record, Matt Prior was trapped on the crease on 9 by a reverse-swinging delivery from Rubel and went on to make 62; Bresnan survived a bat-pad catch on 5 before finishing the day on 74 not out, while Bell's innings could have ended on 82 had an lbw appeal by Abdur Razzak been upheld.

That final decision prompted Bangladesh's coach, Jamie Siddons, to march out of the dressing-room and gesticulate his disgust to the umpires. "There were probably three or four decisions I was unhappy with," Siddons told the BBC. "Hindsight makes it easy for me to be critical but that's the game. Umpires do make mistakes, but it made it hard for us today but we're still in the game, it's still pretty even."

Nevertheless, in Shakib's opinion, the blame lay less with the umpires, Rod Tucker and Tony Hill, and more with the board who baulked at the prospect of paying for the umpiring technology, but were nevertheless happy to pay to have the stadium facilities repainted overnight and decked out in flowers, to welcome the arrival of the ICC president, David Morgan.

"If they had taken the referral system, they would have had to spend some money because the system is expensive," he said. "But, yes, I think it was more important for us [than all these flowers]."

Quote:
I think we would have asked for a referral four times with full confidence, and three of them would have come to our way for sure
Shakib Al Hasan rues Bangladesh's luck
"We would have been in a very good position if [UDRS] was in use here," he said. "I think we would have asked for a referral four times with full confidence, and three of them would have come to our way for sure. It's really bad for us that we did not use the referral system, which we could have done."

Bangladesh's sense of injustice was also ramped by Andy Flower's pre-series suggestion that weaker teams are less likely to be given the benefit of the doubt by the umpires. "I've felt that my whole career," said Siddons. "I definitely never felt Australia were on the wrong end but, with Bangladesh, I definitely think it comes out against us. I don't know why.

"The spirit was down this afternoon but they fought back and they seem pretty positive about what they can do in the next two days. England have got to bat last but hopefully we don't let them put on too many runs for the last two wickets."

As and when England do bat again, and assuming they are set a defendable target, then Shakib will be demanding a greater contribution from his fellow left-arm spinner, Abdur Razzak, whose 37 overs were milked for 127 runs, with only the wicket of Alastair Cook to show for his efforts. The pre-match plan had been for both spinners to operate in tandem, but Shakib instead had to rely on the reverse-swing of Rubel Hossain to keep England under wraps as the day wore on.

"I was expecting more from Razzak, especially when we both were bowling," said Shakib. "It was very important to have a partnership between us to create pressure from both ends, but he ended up making the same mistakes from the first Test, because the main thing is patience. Whoever loses his patience first will be a loser. Maybe he thought he'd try to bowl wicket-balls, but every time he conceded a four, the pressure came off."

In mitigation, the conditions were not as spin-friendly as had been predicted, but that did not surprise Shakib in the slightest. "Whenever we hear the ball will spin, it doesn't," he said. "It's nothing new and I am not too disappointed with it, although we have been playing Test match cricket for 10 years, so we should know by now how to take this advantage. When we go to England, they are sure to prepare a bouncy wicket for us.

"Still, everything is possible - win, draw or loss," said Shakib. "I don't think we are in a very bad position, because the match is still very balanced and both teams are under pressure. But we have more pressure, because we cannot always play consistently well."

Tim Bresnan was one of three England batsmen to escape on the third day as Bangladesh had the rough end of the .
Old December 26, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Old December 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Old December 26, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Old December 26, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

And Now it is almost 2 years, Loittar kotha aar Banger Matha...

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=131395

UDRS in next Test series
Atique Anam
Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president AHM Mustafa Kamal has assured that the Umpire Decision Review System (UDRS) will be in place from the next home Test series in Bangladesh which is in October against New Zealand.

Clarifying that the non-installation of the UDRS in the current series against England had nothing to do with finance rather it was a matter of the intricacy of the system that barred from it being installed, the BCB supremo said they are working with the broadcasters and others involved to make sure that the logistics are there for the next Test series. He said all these to reporters at the press box of the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium while accompanying International Cricket Council (ICC) president David Morgan yesterday.

"We have been talking about the UDRS issue, but we found that other countries have not been using it extensively, so we thought that, first of all, we must know about the system itself. It is very delicate and if we misused it, it might go against us. There was also the matter of agreement with broadcasters involved," said the BCB chief.

"Now we have taken up the matter with the broadcasters and everybody has agreed that in time for the New Zealand tour, everything will be in place."

Such an affirmative response from the person-in-charge was the demand of the hour after the blasting by Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan the previous day for BCB's failure to have the technology in place for the current series.

The whole series against England, starting from the one-dayers has been dogged with contentious decisions. The most frustrating fact was that the hosts have been in the receiving end for most of those shocking decisions.

A fuming Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons claimed at the end of third day's play that three or four decisions went against his side which only justified his opposite number Andy Flower's pre-series remark that more influential teams tend to get the rub of the green in marginal decisions.

The ICC president refuted such indication but at the same time he felt Bangladesh might have been better off with the UDRS in place than not and admitted that he was not pleased with the standard of umpiring in the series.

"I cannot accept that any of our international or elite umpires are biased. This game will be monitored in Dubai, and the match referee here is monitoring umpires' performances as well. We will also listen to the captain of Bangladesh and the coach, but their views will not necessarily be regarded as value judgements at the end of the day," said Morgan.

The ICC president expected that there will be a day soon enough when every Test match will have the UDRS in use.

"The UDRS system is being rolled out and is being used significantly more than in situations such as this when it is not in use," said Morgan. "Boards and broadcasters are being pressed to ensure it is available, and I think it will not be too long before we have the system operating with the optimum equipment available at each Test match, wherever it is played in the world."

But he expected the involvement of broadcasters as well as the cricket council in both monetary and logistics perspectives to ensure that the UDRS gets going soon.

"Cricket is not afloat with dollars, and pounds and euros, it's not a rich sport. So, there has to be some contribution from the broadcasters as well as from the ICC.
Old December 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

kamal is right this time
Old December 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Good work zsayeed bhai...lotas re ami 2 poisar bisas korina..icc president hobar love akhon onek kothai bolbe
Old December 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
kamal is right this time
He is right since 2010 in words ... no delivery of promise, its 4 days till 2012!

Quote:
Good work zsayeed bhai...lotas re ami 2 poisar bisas korina..icc president hobar love akhon onek kothai bolbe
Thanks, President hobar lobhey ja ja adai kore niyet paren nen. But delivery has to be before presidency - money thakey jeno.
Old December 26, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

again deleted twin posts due to time out.
Old December 27, 2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
He is right since 2010 in words ... no delivery of promise, its 4 days till 2012!

Thanks, President hobar lobhey ja ja adai kore niyet paren nen. But delivery has to be before presidency - money thakey jeno.
Well, Mr. Kamal did make a bold statement IMO. Talking against poor umpiring decisions is like talking against ICC, thus, in context of Mr. Kamal's future ICC presidency; it's a strong statement for sure.

Hats off to Mr. Kamal
Old December 27, 2011, 01:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Curse u nimbus...nimbus is just a piece of ....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 27, 2011, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, Mr. Kamal did make a bold statement IMO. Talking against poor umpiring decisions is like talking against ICC, thus, in context of Mr. Kamal's future ICC presidency; it's a strong statement for sure.

I guess all you guys are focusing on his words - his comment about the weaker team and bad decision. Granted, he had the cajones to say that, even though he said the commentators said it and he can't say that as a director of ICC. That's cool.

I am focusing on his pledge of action - not his words. Actions do speak louder than words. He says he will act on it (again) and get DRS by April (?) 2012, a refinement of his earlier estimate of 2010. On the last umpiring debacle, the then President was there at Dhaka with Lotus while England and the Umpires demoralized BD. And he said he would have UDRS by next test against NZ! Still ...
Old December 27, 2011, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Shobai shob bujhe, kintu kajer shomoye keo kaj kore na ! tahole labh ta ki shei bujhar ?
Old December 27, 2011, 03:21 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

"Weaker Countries Get More Wrong Decisions - Kamal"

Hasa kotha
Old December 27, 2011, 04:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Shobai shob bujhe, kintu kajer shomoye keo kaj kore na ! tahole labh ta ki shei bujhar ?
when this problem solves itself, MMW, Bangladesh will dominate world cricket like the golden age Australians had from 1999-2007
Old December 27, 2011, 09:58 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
when this problem solves itself, MMW, Bangladesh will dominate world cricket like the golden age Australians had from 1999-2007
I hope I live to see that.
Old December 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

nimbus etto faltu! ar lotus tui beta amader president, tui bolbi na toh ke bolbe?
Old December 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

bagher bachcha ekta, shekaronei Lotus ke ami eto pasand kori,Lotus i parbo amader cricket er unnoti korte.