facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2012, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd

I am complaining about the timing of his captaincy. Its too damn early for him for such a huge tournament.
Thats the kEY point. I also think that he should have concentrated on his bowling only rather than other aspects of the game since he is coming back after a long time. No doubt that Mash has one of the best cricket brains in the country but he could have waited few more days.

On the other hand, we dont know where Mash stands when it comes to level of fitness. I am sure he is content with it and hence accepted that job. Lets not forget that its only a T20 tournament in the span of couple of weeks. 4 overs per match. He bowls more than that in net practice alone
Old February 1, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

for once I feel Ash is unlucky, he deserved it more than Mash, but anyway what is done is done,Mash captaincy was good so let's hope for za best
Old February 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I think its a good decision. Mash is a good captain.

Its good for ash as well. No pressure.

Mash and Ash are like best friends. Both are my favorite players. I'm really happy.

Just hope mash stays injury free and take DG to the Final.

Last edited by Murad; February 1, 2012 at 01:16 PM..
Old February 1, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Neha dupia? Oh man!!!
Old February 1, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Injury is an accident and it can happen anytime. We cannot assume an injury and not pick the best man for the job. Mash deserves to be the captain. I am sure he along with the physio was consulted before making a decision. And dont forget our fav Ian Pont is there too. He is a professional bowling coach is fully aware and understands Mash's capability and the extent to which Mash can himself to.

Go Mash Go
Old February 1, 2012, 01:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

I would like to see Ashraful scoring less and more match-winning runs, and Mashrafe to stay injury free...I wish to see them serve their country for a very long time with their consistent performances.
----------------------------
In my opinion, neither Mashrafe nor Ashraful should be the captain for DG at the moment. They should concentrate on their performances only and get their confidence back (for different reason) to be a regular member in the national team squad. Bangladesh need an in-form batsman Ashraful and injury-free, match-fit, in-form pacer Mashrafe....I think Mashrafe's captaincy was not tested properly during his tenure as he got injured frequently during the game and Shakib had to take over a couple of times...although Shakib won us the game but the credit went to Mashrafee (at least once if I remember it correctly)...I don't know if (Mashrafe) he'll be a good or bad captain, but at the moment Mashrafe is highly overrated as a captain. (Now folks, don't jump on me for saying this...as this is my personal opinion )
Anyhow, I wish nothing but the best for Mashrafe to perform well for DG, Asia Cup and so on. So, good luck to Captain Mashrafe!
Old February 1, 2012, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Aisob video dekhlei afsosh bare. Bolod ta nijeo jane na je o ki jinish. Aktu mon dia khelle tendulkar o vat paito na or kache
ekdom khati khotha koychen vhaijan.
Old February 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
I would like to see Ashraful scoring less and more match-winning runs, and Mashrafe to stay injury free...I wish to see them serve their country for a very long time with their consistent performances.
In my opinion, neither Mashrafe nor Ashraful should be the captain for DG at the moment. They should concentrate on their performances only and get their confidence back (for different reason) to be a regular member in the national team squad. Bangladesh need an in-form batsman Ashraful and injury-free, match-fit, in-form pacer Mashrafe....I think Mashrafe's captaincy was not tested properly during his tenure as he got injured frequently during the game and Shakib had to take over a couple of times...although Shakib won us the game but the credit went to Mashrafee (at least once if I remember it correctly)...I don't know if (Mashrafe) he'll be a good or bad captain, but at the moment Mashrafe is highly overrated as a captain. (Now folks, don't jump on me for saying this...as this is my personal opinion )
Anyhow, I wish nothing but the best for Mashrafe to perform well for DG, Asia Cup and so on. So, good luck to Captain Mashrafe!
Its an icon thing.... u have no idea how many people started supporting DG after Mash was made captain. I think he will do really well.... wating for Mash Vs Shak
Old February 1, 2012, 01:40 PM
Test Cricketer

ish, Bangladesh-je kobe bollywood mukto hobe...amra India-ke shudu faltu kaje/jinishe follow kore, vhalo khaje korina.
are beta, India-je technology-te, Science/engineering education-e jevhabe agache, jevhave India lakh lakh students foreign country-te higher education-er jonno pathache amra ke ta follow korte pari na..amader desheo to onek talented student/employee ache...
Old February 1, 2012, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Its an icon thing.... u have no idea how many people started supporting DG after Mash was made captain. I think he will do really well.... wating for Mash Vs Shak
Thank you,vhaya. I know the reason behind it, but don't agree with it. It's a temporary gain in my opinion and also a consolation prize for Mashrafe for not being selected as an icon player.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

neha dupia what?
Old February 1, 2012, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Neha dhupiya :s ick:
Old February 1, 2012, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Nana ar Jhorna bhai ki Dhaka te ekhon? Onekdin hoilo kono chapabaji shuni nah.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Dhaka r beshi beshi Dhak Dhol amar shojjo hochchey na,
BAngla ey ki jani ekta kotha achey beshi..........potoner phol something like that?
Old February 1, 2012, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aisob video dekhlei afsosh bare. Bolod ta nijeo jane na je o ki jinish. Aktu mon dia khelle tendulkar o vat paito na or kache
aami khobor paisi tendulkar vaat er cheye rooti beshi posondo kore.
Old February 1, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

So Sir Ian has made Mashrafe the captain of DG? He also thought Shahriar Nafees should be made captain of the national team. Anyways good luck to Mash.
Old February 1, 2012, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
So Sir Ian has made Mashrafe the captain of DG? He also thought Shahriar Nafees should be made captain of the national team. Anyways good luck to Mash.
he also thought he could be the head coach of national team!
Old February 1, 2012, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
haha,typical girls my sisters turn on tv and the first thing they look at is the way girls are dressed up and if they are khaat or not.
on a serious not, atleast DG got models wearing decent clothes ,sarees but look at Khulna-Sylhet where it was bollywood at it's best girls wearing clothes that have nothing with our culture.
well, Dhaka beat u guys here too.

I will take it as a compliment .. thanks for admitting that we have better observation power than men ...

on that serious note I would say BPL shouldn't put so much emphasize on models, fashion show or so and so.. don't need to showcase how hot our BD girls look in less and less clothes as it's not about them.. it's about our cricket and our players.. They could arrange so many interesting and interactive stuffs with our players.. amar mathai ekhon e 4/5 ta idea ashchhe... tobe BPL jehetu businessmen ra dominate korchhe soo oder demand onusharei mone hoi supply ashchhe...
Old February 1, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Nana ar Jhorna bhai ki Dhaka te ekhon? Onekdin hoilo kono chapabaji shuni nah.
nana vai Dhaka te. Jhorna vai o mone hoy ekhon Dhaka tei hobe.
Old February 2, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Stevens thrilled with BPL chance

Kent all-rounder Darren Stevens is looking forward to the prospect of making a real name for himself in the Bangladesh Premier League.
The 35 year old jets off to Bangladesh on Monday evening along with Kent colleague Azhar Mahmood before joining up with their new team for the next month, the Dhaka Gladiators.
Stevens had the option of playing for the Warriors in South Africa, but having weighed up both offers, he decided the opportunity of playing alongside the likes of Kieron Pollard and Azhar was too good of a chance to turn down
“I decided to go with Dhaka as they were the first that came to me and it is an opportunity that could open up so many more doors. The Warriors weren’t as keen in my mind and if I went there it would have run into Kent’s pre-season and I didn’t want to miss out on that.”

“I want to have some good time with Jimmy Adams before the season starts and had I taken the Warriors offer I wouldn’t have been back until the last week of March.”

Spending the next month in Bangladesh should be good pre-season preparation for both Stevens and Mahmood, and the all-rounder insisted one of the reasons for going to the sub-continent was that he would be back in time to head off to Antigua with Kent on their ten day pre-season tour:

“We have got our fitness tests on the 5th of March and I land back in the country about 6am that morning, so I will be heading straight to the ground for that!”

“I wanted to make sure I was back in time for the trip to Antigua as it is important that we all spend some time together before the season starts in April.”

One of Stevens’ motivations for playing in the Bangladesh Premier League is the exposure it could give him as he still eyes a place in England’s One Day side, but admitted being snapped up for the Indian Premier League was another factor:

“That would be the dream I suppose. The IPL is the biggest Twenty 20 tournament in the world and is the next best thing to International cricket.”

“I would love to get involved with that, if not, I will continue to play in different competitions all around the world.”

Jetting off to the sub-continent has its’ problems and Stevens told KSN how he had been warned by friends about jetlag, but insists he can’t wait to get going with his new team-mates:

“I’ve had quite a few twitter and facebook messages warning me about the jetlag, but once I get over that, we’re all getting together on the 2nd or 3rd of February for a four day training camp, the tournament begins on the 9th and our first game is on the 12th.”

“Stuart MacGill won’t be playing for us now, but the likes of Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal could be joining up with us for the last few games.”

“I have met Kieron Pollard, Rana Naved and Alex Kervezee before, but I don’t really know them, so it will be great to have Azhar alongside me. We’ve played together for over five years now and he is going there on a rich vein of form having just won the HRV Cup for Auckland.”

“Speaking to the coach (Ian Pont), he’s pleased with the players we’ve got going into the tournament and hopefully we do well.”

Being away from home, Stevens and Mahmood will spend the next month living out of a suitcase, but the Kent all-rounder expects to be well looked after in Bangladesh:

“We’ll be staying at the Cheriton Hotel. I have spoken with Treddy (James Tredwell) and England stayed there during the World Cup and he said it’s a very nice hotel. It has got everything we need, isn’t that far from the ground where we are based and apparently everything we need is there for us.”

Kent fans wishing to keep up with Stevens and Mahmood’s progress in the tournament can do so by watching the games on ESPN and the former Leicestershire man explained how he had to persuade his other half to sign up:

“I have had to make sure my Mrs had paid the extra £10 a month to watch me! Being on ESPN I think the games start at 6pm local time, so should be on in the late morning, early afternoon in the UK.”

One of most cricketers fears of going to places in the sub-continent is how their stomach will deal with the local cuisine, but Stevens told KSN how he wasn’t likely to be using too much immodium in the next month:

“We went over to the curry house in Wingham the other night to give me a taste of it. I love my currys though, so I’ll be right at home. All I’ve got to do is make sure I don’t have too many of them!”

Source :http://www.kentsportsnews.com/5767-30-01-2012/
Old February 2, 2012, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Darren stevens on twitter
Stevo208 Darren Ian Stevens
Now then, 1st time in Dhaka. I've been here 24hrs and I've spent 80% of that in traffic! Unbelievable scenes
31 Jan
source : https://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208

Wellcome to Dhaka !
Old February 2, 2012, 10:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BPL tho south african T20 er baath marlo
Old February 2, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরসের অনুশীলন

ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (বিপিএল)’র দল ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস অনুশীলন শুরু হচ্ছে শুক্রবার থেকে। দলের খেলোয়াড়রাও হোটেলে উঠেছেন।

ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের দলগুলোও তাদের খেলোয়াড়দেরকে ছেড়ে দিয়েছে। তারপরেও ক্লাবগুলো আন্দলন নাটক থেমে যায়নি। এদিকে কানাঘুষা আছে আগামী চার ফেব্রুয়ারি থেকে প্রিমিয়ার লিগের খেলা ফের মাঠে গড়াবে। টানা খেলা চালিয়ে বাকি দুই রাউন্ডের খেলা শেষ করেই বিপিএলের জন্য প্রস্তুতি নেবে।

এদিকে ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস পাকিস্তানের ক্রিকেটার আজহার মাহমুদকে নিয়েছে। অস্ট্রেলিয়ান স্টুয়ার্ট ম্যাকগিলের বিকল্প হিসেবে তাকে নেওয়া হয়েছে।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...20208494386038
Old February 2, 2012, 06:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

@Ponty100mph
Ian Pont
Alexei Kerveeze flew into Dhaka last night > the squad is growing!

Ponty100mph Ian Pont
First training day today with Dhaka Gladiators at SNBS, Mirpur

From Ian Pont's twitter.
Old February 2, 2012, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Darren stevens on twitter
Stevo208 Darren Ian Stevens
Now then, 1st time in Dhaka. I've been here 24hrs and I've spent 80% of that in traffic! Unbelievable scenes
31 Jan
source : https://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208

Wellcome to Dhaka !
hehe..'big city life' kake bole eibar ter paba.