facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2017, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Big name players being signed up for BPL 5

Going through FB I have seen quite a lot of top players being roped in to play the BPL.

So far Dhaka has signed Sangakkara, Afridi, Watson, Amir, Sunil Narine and Even Lewis.

Khulna has signed Chris Lynn, Sarfaraz Ahmed already

Sammy to return to Rajshahi. Great to see do much interest in this year's BPL. Kudos to BCB and security officials to make it all possible.

The real issue last year was security otherwise a lot of players would have taken part.

However, Dhaka crowd will be a massive disappointment again so need to ensure matches in Khulna and Sylhet. Oh and matches should also be held in fatullah which has floodlights I believe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old June 21, 2017, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Going to be really competitive this year - great signings.
Old June 21, 2017, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I am just not a fan of pre signing. This makes the team so imbalance. I remember BPL 3 was so competitive unlike the other bpls where dhaka dominated simply due to strong squad and allowed Nana to boost
Old June 21, 2017, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Even Afghan league also have an auction / selection like system where all the teams can sit together and take players
Old June 21, 2017, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

The issue with auction is that foreign players are paid peanuts.

If anything there should be a large salary cap 2

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 21, 2017, 11:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
However, Dhaka crowd will be a massive disappointment again so need to ensure matches in Khulna and Sylhet. Oh and matches should also be held in fatullah which has floodlights I believe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
BCB can expect huge crowds if they host matches in cities like Khulna and Sylhet. They can even host test matches in sylhet(of course in dry season) to draw larger crowd.
This is because they are deprived of cricket and won't miss any chance to see international cricket.

But BCB is still likely to stick with Dhaka and Chittagong even in this BPL.
Old June 21, 2017, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Will we get better pitches this time, you know where 130-140 isn't par score
Old June 21, 2017, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Pitches can get rest if matches are held in several venues.

Heck arrange matches in fatullah

Nobody likes 130-140 run matches

Old June 21, 2017, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Good thread. Timely. Needed to hear something on the upcoming BPL. It's good to move on and stop dwelling on what happened recently.

Looking forward to this BPL. Sylhet will be back - Hurraaayyy. And Sylhet Stadium will be used, the capacity is being increased to about 25k which is fine for the surrounding it is located in. Best location of a stadium in BD by a country mile. International people will love it more.

looks like some teams have made some good early signings. There will be ceremony two days before. Seems like they preparing it better this year. Lets hope this will be a the best one.
Old June 21, 2017, 04:24 PM
Street Cricketer

I do not think PCB will issue NOC to Pak players. I do not see any of them plying in BPL.
Old June 21, 2017, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basir
I do not think PCB will issue NOC to Pak players. I do not see any of them plying in BPL.
If they won't be issued NOC why they made themselves available for the tournament and accepted the offers so far?
Perhaps, you mean to say, the last minute drama from pcb (as usual) to stop them coming?
Old June 21, 2017, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
But at the same time 200+ par pitches aren't good to watch either, but I do agree those pitches were odi pitches, not good enough

Need to have 160-180 par pitches, that way a great bowling performance can bring team down to 140, or a batting performance can take it to over 200

Old June 21, 2017, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
If they won't be issued NOC why they made themselves available for the tournament and accepted the offers so far?
Perhaps, you mean to say, the last minute drama from pcb (as usual) to stop them coming?
Won't be surprised, run by idiots, pretend like there players are millionaires and don't need a paycheck

Barring injury concerns, it's idiotic to not allow players to play

Old June 21, 2017, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Thats the problem-when you play all matches in 2-3 grounds. The pitches wear out, and they become difficult to bat in.
Old June 21, 2017, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks like Chris Lynn is the first casualty of the wage war with Cricket Australia.looks like he is turning his back on Australia and queensland to be a T20 hitter.
Old June 22, 2017, 12:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Pakistani players shouldn't have agreed to sign for this league without confirmed NOC from PCB. NOC is important and given the fragile relationship between PCB and BCB, i doubt there will be NOC.

In the larger context, i hope PCB agrees to issue NOC and hope to work with BCB to host Bangladesh in UAE. Meanwhile, use PSL to promote cricket in Pakistan one step at the time.
Old June 22, 2017, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Ronchi may also play BPL as he just retired to play PLs
Old June 22, 2017, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikBro
Pakistani players shouldn't have agreed to sign for this league without confirmed NOC from PCB. NOC is important and given the fragile relationship between PCB and BCB, i doubt there will be NOC.

In the larger context, i hope PCB agrees to issue NOC and hope to work with BCB to host Bangladesh in UAE. Meanwhile, use PSL to promote cricket in Pakistan one step at the time.
A sensible post from a Pakistani I believe?

A lot of Pakistani wishes to shut the door on BCB. PCB can ill afford to do so.

PCB are incurring losses hosting WI SL whilst BD would mean huge profit if hosted in UAE.

Everyone wins if PCB and BCB maintains good relationship

Old June 22, 2017, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Ronchi may also play BPL as he just retired to play PLs
Yeah I am not really convinced he is a big name player

Old June 22, 2017, 04:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
A sensible post from a Pakistani I believe?

A lot of Pakistani wishes to shut the door on BCB. PCB can ill afford to do so.

PCB are incurring losses hosting WI SL whilst BD would mean huge profit if hosted in UAE.

Everyone wins if PCB and BCB maintains good relationship

Because BCB is known to be backstabber? BCB didn't even spare BCCI. PCB promoted lots of cricket in Bangladesh in the last few years, and benefited nothing in return apart from some winning titles over Asia Cup. Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.

What gave you the impression that PCB is incurring losses from hosting WI, SL? Those teams are test-playing nations that carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times.

And including the recent where PCB was in profit for hosting West Indies despite the fact that West Indies is not the same as 90s. From the sponsor's perspective, it is brand name that can fetch good bargain but for how long might be the key here.

As i said repeatedly, the status of Bangladesh hasn't changed from the sponsor's point of view which may not fetch good bargain in the inexpensive regions to generate decent turnover to make up for the investments [hotel arrangements]. That is why hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan seems affordable relatively and ideal. It has nothing to do with bossing BCB around.

Even if PCB misses out from BCB, then it is not end of the world. Despite not being able to host at home [Pakistan], PCB still managed to fetch good bargains from the sponsor simply by hosting its home series in the inexpensive UAE, and remained profitable for years including PSL. So whether in Pakistan or UAE, Pakistan cricket is safe for now. But hosting minnow teams in inexpensive regions? That would be risk taker.

From the diplomatic relationship with BCB, only BCB wins. I don't see how PCB can benefit from having diplomatic relationship with BCB since PCB cannot afford to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE to begin with. That is why i believe PCB can afford not to care.
Old June 22, 2017, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

I dunno if it enough money for a player vs country,2nd on contract and 3rd only would 2nd/3rd tier would defy PCB and wouldn't get NOC.
Old June 22, 2017, 05:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Yeah I am not really convinced he is a big name player

All BPL teams need a token white player.... Given his popularity, he will definitely get in.
Old June 22, 2017, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikBro
Because BCB is known to be backstabber? BCB didn't even spare BCCI. PCB promoted lots of cricket in Bangladesh in the last few years, and benefited nothing in return apart from some winning titles over Asia Cup. Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.

What gave you the impression that PCB is incurring losses from hosting WI, SL? Those teams are test-playing nations that carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times.

And including the recent where PCB was in profit for hosting West Indies despite the fact that West Indies is not the same as 90s. From the sponsor's perspective, it is brand name that can fetch good bargain but for how long might be the key here.

As i said repeatedly, the status of Bangladesh hasn't changed from the sponsor's point of view which may not fetch good bargain in the inexpensive regions to generate decent turnover to make up for the investments [hotel arrangements]. That is why hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan seems affordable relatively and ideal. It has nothing to do with bossing BCB around.

Even if PCB misses out from BCB, then it is not end of the world. Despite not being able to host at home [Pakistan], PCB still managed to fetch good bargains from the sponsor simply by hosting its home series in the inexpensive UAE, and remained profitable for years including PSL. So whether in Pakistan or UAE, Pakistan cricket is safe for now. But hosting minnow teams in inexpensive regions? That would be risk taker.

From the diplomatic relationship with BCB, only BCB wins. I don't see how PCB can benefit from having diplomatic relationship with BCB since PCB cannot afford to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE to begin with. That is why i believe PCB can afford not to care.
Well first things first. PCB isn't in good terms with BCCI and BCB which means two of the bigger markets in sports is already out of the question.

Would believe me if I told you BD's population is almost the combined of SL, WI, Aus, England, Zim, SA, NZ? We have 180 million people in our country and a good number of them die-hard cricket fans.

Would you believe me if I told you that more than 50% of the sponsorships for the BD VS SL in Sri Lanka were from Bangladesh sponsors alone? Heck the title sponsors were Bangladeshi. The tri nation series between Ireland, Bangladesh and NZ had 95% of its sponsorships from Bangladeshi companies?

Why do you Pakistani's ignore basic facts and focus on history? Do you even know half the players in the current West Indies? Do you think any particular sponsor will want to pay money to see the likes of Ashley Nurse, Chase in action? The current WI ODI side has fewer ODI centuries than Mushfiqur.

Your board has been desperate to play India because they are in a severe financial crisis. Only teams like Australia, England, SA provide some profit. SL and WI don't. Bangladesh will generate much more revenue because of the sponsorship we bring. Our economy is improving significantly day by day, our interest in cricket is at an all-time high and we have the population. Do you remember the last time a limited over international in Bangladesh with BD playing have an empty seats? NEVER. Did you know that the WI vs Pak series had more birds as spectators than actual spectators? Oh well you wouldn't because you were too busy playing simulation in your head as to how BCB backstabbed Pakistan.

Do you know who backstabbed who? Yes your precious cricket board. Our board never had any obligation to tour Pakistan. They took in the interest of the players and coaching staff into mind. Your board weren't able to provide Sri Lankans the necessary security required when they were on their way to the stadium. Its okay if all other teams say no. Infact Zimbabwe were "manipulated" with money because, well, we know their board is corrupt and their players can't even pay their rents.

Your board withdrew their players from BPL-2. Even despite that BCB later agreed upon friendly terms with your board. BCB agreed to share revenue with PCB in a series HOSTED IN OUR FREAKING BACKYARD. BCB gave NOCs for BD players to play in the PSL and let Pakistan players play in the BPL without any issue. So please, stop questioning as to why BCB doesn't want to send its national team to Pakistan and actually remind themselves that Pakistan has had its fair share of terrorism problems in this decade with tens of thousands of people winding up dead.

Wait a minute, your board looks at our cricket team like a bunch of guinea pigs. They don't care about our cricket. They are enticing our team into Pakistan to show the world: "LOOK, PAKISTAN IS SAFE, TOUR US TOUR US". They don't give two hoots about anything else.

I am sorry but usually I am harsh on my own cricket board and players. Infact, I am a fan of Pakistan team too, along with many other teams. Heck I support any team that plays good cricket. But when its about PCB being considered an angel and its blind fans defending it, I do get irritated because somebody just needs to come up with facts.

OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, come up with statistics that goes to show PCB benefits a lot from hosting the West Indies. Keep digging.

UAE is inexpensive? LOLOLOLOL. UAE is a foreign country. Its obviously going to be more expensive for the host nation if the tournament is not even held in the host nation itself
Old June 22, 2017, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Afghanistan cricket board too has cut off relations with PCB.

So PCB right now are contemplating series with SL(currently the weakest of the top teams), UAE(Associate nation who has zero non-expats) and Nepal
Old June 22, 2017, 07:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Well first things first. PCB isn't in good terms with BCCI and BCB which means two of the bigger markets in sports is already out of the question.
With BCCI, that is the 1947 issue which will remain plague with political issue.

But PCB was powerhouse in 90s without India which back then Pakistan and India were not playing each other due to political tension.

Quote:
Would believe me if I told you BD's population is almost the combined of SL, WI, Aus, England, Zim, SA, NZ? We have 180 million people in our country and a good number of them die-hard cricket fans.
Since when the population is the criteria for the rating? We are talking about the series in UAE where the sponsors have been known hesitant to offer. Big names fetch good bargain, small name doesn't. Bangladesh is small brand.

Quote:
Would you believe me if I told you that more than 50% of the sponsorships for the BD VS SL in Sri Lanka were from Bangladesh sponsors alone? Heck the title sponsors were Bangladeshi. The tri nation series between Ireland, Bangladesh and NZ had 95% of its sponsorships from Bangladeshi companies?
There was the time when BCB couldn't fetch a decent sponsor at home hence relied on foreign Neo sport to make do with the cheap offer.

Sri Lanka is big name. Big name sells.

Quote:
Why do you Pakistani's ignore basic facts and focus on history? Do you even know half the players in the current West Indies? Do you think any particular sponsor will want to pay money to see the likes of Ashley Nurse, Chase in action? The current WI ODI side has fewer ODI centuries than Mushfiqur.
Pakistan just hosted West Indies in UAE. And it has been successful - never mind the fact that sponsors were available for West Indies series in UAE not long ago.

Quote:
Your board has been desperate to play India because they are in a severe financial crisis. Only teams like Australia, England, SA provide some profit. SL and WI don't. Bangladesh will generate much more revenue because of the sponsorship we bring. Our economy is improving significantly day by day, our interest in cricket is at an all-time high and we have the population. Do you remember the last time a limited over international in Bangladesh with BD playing have an empty seats? NEVER. Did you know that the WI vs Pak series had more birds as spectators than actual spectators? Oh well you wouldn't because you were too busy playing simulation in your head as to how BCB backstabbed Pakistan.
PCB is desperate to host India? Who isn't desperate to host India? That is not desperation, that is called greedy. Every cricket boards line up and bend their knee for BCCI so they can get their cut. But that all changes due to the recent voting.

Yet PCB has been doing fine without India in the last five years while BCB heavily relied on BCCI for the series at home. If anything, BCB is toasted without BCCI taking the recent voting into the account. Not to mention, that rules out Asia Cup in Bangladesh anymore.

Quote:
Do you know who backstabbed who? Yes your precious cricket board. Our board never had any obligation to tour Pakistan. They took in the interest of the players and coaching staff into mind. Your board weren't able to provide Sri Lankans the necessary security required when they were on their way to the stadium. Its okay if all other teams say no. Infact Zimbabwe were "manipulated" with money because, well, we know their board is corrupt and their players can't even pay their rents.
PCB, BCCI, SLC have been supporting cricket in Bangladesh for many many many decades. When the opportunity came, BCB backstabbed. First with Pakistan and now with BCCI [in the recent voting]. The pattern is there.

Quote:
Your board withdrew their players from BPL-2. Even despite that BCB later agreed upon friendly terms with your board. BCB agreed to share revenue with PCB in a series HOSTED IN OUR FREAKING BACKYARD. BCB gave NOCs for BD players to play in the PSL and let Pakistan players play in the BPL without any issue. So please, stop questioning as to why BCB doesn't want to send its national team to Pakistan and actually remind themselves that Pakistan has had its fair share of terrorism problems in this decade with tens of thousands of people winding up dead.
The deal was to play in Pakistan which BCB agreed only to change its mind in the abrupt manner. BCB should have said no. But the way BCB acted screamed betrayal which has continued with BCCI now.

As for leagues, Bangladeshi cricketers are not relevant in Pakistani league whereas Pakistani cricketers are relevant in BPL. So naturally, PCB uses that as card in exchange for the deal in the diplomatic manner since it is one way street with BCB constantly taking advantage of PCB. Hence the message, no more. BCB is on its own now.

Quote:
Wait a minute, your board looks at our cricket team like a bunch of guinea pigs. They don't care about our cricket. They are enticing our team into Pakistan to show the world: "LOOK, PAKISTAN IS SAFE, TOUR US TOUR US". They don't give two hoots about anything else.
I get it. You are upset. Feel free to say no. Complaining makes no sense, and if anything, your complaint validates the important of Pakistan cricket in regards to PCB boycott of leagues.

Quote:
I am sorry but usually I am harsh on my own cricket board and players. Infact, I am a fan of Pakistan team too, along with many other teams. Heck I support any team that plays good cricket. But when its about PCB being considered an angel and its blind fans defending it, I do get irritated because somebody just needs to come up with facts.

OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, come up with statistics that goes to show PCB benefits a lot from hosting the West Indies. Keep digging.

UAE is inexpensive? LOLOLOLOL. UAE is a foreign country. Its obviously going to be more expensive for the host nation if the tournament is not even held in the host nation itself
UAE is expensive place to live and rent. It costs PCB twice in compares to hosting at home. So it is obvious that PCB will go with the big names and not risk on the small brands such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe.

Pakistan has been hosting Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies many times already. And they have been successful in terms of viewership and the sponsors which are easily available before each series begin. Because they are still big brand regardless of the situation in most test-playing nations such as West Indies and Sri Lanka.

And Pakistan has already lined up for its future home series with them in UAE.