facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 1, 2015, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Default ***Official I.T and Software Thread***

This thread is mainly about any I.T related issues that members have come across, or any latest software which they have used and found it interesting. I must be blatant and say, that I may be the first who has come across an I.T issue and the first to be posting such issue on BC forum. Please do join in and help out with your advise, recommendation or solutions. Thank you in advance. Here is my issue, please do tell me what you think might have gone wrong?

PROBLEM: Just couple of months ago, I logged out from my computer and was waiting for it to shut down. However, there was lot of updates, hence it took a while... more than 45 updates.. i was waiting for ages.. losing patience, i just shut the whole computer down.. (switched the main power socket off, connected to my desktop). The next day, i turned my computer on, and the moment it tries to go to the Windows login screen, a black screen appears with the message "Fatal Error". Hence i did what i normally do, recovery mode and reinstall from its original state, tried so many times, none worked.. same message "Fatal Error". IT experts, or people who know about it, can you please englighten me on what could have gone wrong? Now the bad side for me is, I am using Ubuntu (crap) operating system for the past five months ... any recommendation or SOLUTION would help to reinstall or go back to windows if possible?
Old August 1, 2015, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
there was a lot of updates, hence it took a while... more than 45 updates.. i was waiting for ages.. losing patience, i just shut the whole computer down.. (switched the power main power socket).
Why do you have so little patience? I think that's the bigger issue than your computer. Why would you do such a dumb thing?

Windows 10 came out for free. If your computer is compatible maybe you can install that. Or you can install an illegal copy of earlier windows that apparent microsoft decided will also give regular updates to.

Your question is not really IT related..

And why should IT professional give you free advice here? They charge companies 90 dollars an hour for the same thing... shell out some money ok? Nasif will help you out even though he makes 300K a year he wants more... (his annual income probably went up by now)....
Old August 1, 2015, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Why do you have so little patience? I think that's the bigger issue than your computer. Why would you do such a dumb thing?

Windows 10 came out for free. If your computer is compatible maybe you can install that. Or you can install an illegal copy of earlier windows that apparent microsoft decided will also give regular updates to.

Your question is not really IT related..

And why should IT professional give you free advice here? They charge companies 90 dollars an hour for the same thing... shell out some money ok? Nasif will help you out even though he makes 300K a year he wants more... (his annual income probably went up by now)....
Oh I did a dumb thing Idumb! How i regret now!

To your point about why should IT professional help? just a few line won't hurt? like what could be the cause of the "fatal error" as previously when i did do that.. i was able to recover (using the recovery mode) to its original state. Finally not all IT professionals look to make money when they are free in terms of time.. i am sure they won't mind taking couple of minutes writing few lines on what the hell i did!.. Anyone can say what they think, it does not have to be IT professionals only, even normal users, i am assuming they well better than me when it comes to IT, just help out on what i did wrong and how i should have recovered and not installed ubuntu!

Windows 10 is free? how does that work? every operating system i look at, it says you need a activation code.. or it expires after the 30 day free trial.. i am not used to the illegal stuff, as in downloading..( won't buy it also).. most probably have to wait till i find someone who has it in a CD form with codes.. inshallah. been asking around friends, too busy with life..
Old August 1, 2015, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Well windows 10 was free for me. I got the free upgrade yesterday but then I had genuine windows 8. I think you can get a lot of free copies online that will not require product key... mainly the enterprise copies

If you don't want to do that, pay up. There are no other answer. The only other way you can get a cheaper copy is through universities if you are student but I don't know where you live. You can also buy a cheap copy from ebay (which will be either student copy or illegal copy).

Where is your original CD? what operating system did your computer come pre-installed with? use that.

I still don't understand your problem.. you got your computer to work using recovery... what is it that you want us to say? What caused the fatal error after you abruptly interrupted 45 critical updates to your computer? Is knowing that answer really gonna make you happier?
Old August 1, 2015, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Not really, my main question now is I am stuck with Ubuntu! Should have waited couple more days instead of calling my friend up in a emergency to ask him do something, he did! installed ubuntu lol.. my question is maybe there is some genius who will know how to remove ubuntu from my system and go back to how the fatal error message used to come up? maybe than i can try using the recovery mode again?..
Old August 1, 2015, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Call your friend up and tell him why he installed ubuntu, you are not a computer saavy guy. Tell him to install a windows for you. He will download the bootleg copy and hook you up.

Make sure you take him out to nice dinner.
Old August 1, 2015, 08:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

IDumb bhai. I also got my wondows 10 reserved. I also have genuine windows 8.1. But it says my windows 10 will be ready to download within a couple of weeks. Do you know why? 29th July is over.
Old August 1, 2015, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
IDumb bhai. I also got my wondows 10 reserved. I also have genuine windows 8.1. But it says my windows 10 will be ready to download within a couple of weeks. Do you know why? 29th July is over.
As long as you reserved it, there is nothing else you have to do. I got a message yesterday for its installation, not on july 29th. I think they are releasing it in blocks because it would be difficult to accomodate everyone together downloading it at the same time. Yours will be done soon if download already not started...you just gonna get a message saying windows ready to install if you want to install now or later..
Old August 1, 2015, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

btw sagar just have patience. DOn't do anything stupid like shamim bhai... like installing ubuntu or shutting down pc in the middle of windows 10 upgrade and expect everything to work properly.

Just wait, things will happen sooner rather than later...
Old August 1, 2015, 09:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
As long as you reserved it, there is nothing else you have to do. I got a message yesterday for its installation, not on july 29th. I think they are releasing it in blocks because it would be difficult to accomodate everyone together downloading it at the same time. Yours will be done soon if download already not started...you just gonna get a message saying windows ready to install if you want to install now or later..
I was also thinking the same.
Thanks for advice.
Old August 1, 2015, 09:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
btw sagar just have patience. DOn't do anything stupid like shamim bhai... like installing ubuntu or shutting down pc in the middle of windows 10 upgrade and expect everything to work properly.

Just wait, things will happen sooner rather than later...
Yes, I have patience.... And won't do anything silly.

But again thanks for ur concern
Old August 1, 2015, 09:34 PM
Cricket Savant

By the way, will it be an upgrade of my 8.1 or do I have a chance to install a fresh copy with formatting hard disk ??? What will happen to my current programs and softwares, desktop files, and documents?
Old August 1, 2015, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

it's an upgrade, everything will remain the same. No personal documents or files will change.

If you want a fresh install then you better go to Microsoft website and download the file and go on from there.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I think it's better you upgrade and then if you want clean install you can actually do so from the new upgrade.
Old August 1, 2015, 09:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
it's an upgrade, everything will remain the same. No personal documents or files will change.

If you want a fresh install then you better go to Microsoft website and download the file and go on from there.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I think it's better you upgrade and then if you want clean install you can actually do so from the new upgrade.
Yes , first have a feel with the new OS and then get a fresh one if things get messi eventually
Old August 1, 2015, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I had the exact same problem as you few years ago Shamim, except mine never said 'Fatal Error' after the Windows logo, just a black screen. I have a Sony Vaio, and it happened one night when I tried to turn off my laptop and it was going really slow, so I manually turned it off. I remember doing some updates right before( I didn't shut my computer off in the middle of the updates though lol), so I felt suspicious and turned it on again to see if its still alright and that is when the black screen issue started. I tried many solutions but it never fixed it and I didn't have a Windows 7 CD, but fortunately for me Vaio has an option to restore to factory settings which fixed it for me, albeit I lost all my files/data ( i was able to transfer some to a seperate HDD). As far as I can tell, the problem was most likely a bad update that screwed up critically important files related to the drivers or the OS itself.
Old August 1, 2015, 10:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah

Bhai, I want to learn how to create websites, amake kono book recommend korben jate ami nije practice kori? HTML onek wording, wordpress ee website banay bikri korte chachi. Basir theke start korte chachi, apnader koi din legechilo?
Old August 2, 2015, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Problem should be solved tomorrow. After five months on Crap Ubuntu!

Friend has agreed to put everything on a CD for me! Thank god.
Old August 3, 2015, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

BIG PROBLEM!

I can't install windows 8.1, can anyone tell me how to remove unbuntu from my system?
Old August 3, 2015, 01:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

3D printers. Can you change plastic to like food ingredients?
Old August 4, 2015, 05:00 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
http://www.forbes.com/sites/eustacia...luxury-dining/

Old August 4, 2015, 05:30 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I got my free windows 10 installed. Cortana seems interesting.
Old August 4, 2015, 07:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
They made a livable house by doing 3D printing of parts in China, time taken less than a week.
Old August 4, 2015, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Just found out, my hard drive is messed up! so have to stick with Ubuntu or buy a new computer!

Will give it few more months until i get a new one..

Any good recommendation for a new PC? worth less than £500...

Thinking of just replacing the hard disk...

Last edited by MohammedShamim; August 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM..
Old August 4, 2015, 07:57 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad, Lao Tz

I agree with dal bhaat sponge bob square pants bhai...iche also want to be a multibillionaire app kick starter kick boxer start up dude...how can i be that?
Old August 4, 2015, 08:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Just found out, my hard drive is messed up! so have to stick with Ubuntu or buy a new computer!

Will give it few more months until i get a new one..

Any good recommendation for a new PC? worth less than £500...

Thinking of just replacing the hard disk...
If your drive is messed up Ubuntu wouldn't have been running.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.