facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 11, 2015, 07:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Bangladesh should stop playing test cricket until we have 11 excellent cricketers?

Assalamualykum

Yes, I'm fed up now. Losing isn't something I find acceptable and I don't think anybody should. We must play only to win and every loss should be revenged.

The quality of our prospective test cricketers should be assessed before they are ever allowed play the game internationally. Bangladesh must first have a very good first class structure from where they can produce loads of decent cricketers. Then these cricketers should be sent to play in domestic cricket of Australia, India, England etc. to be assessed if they are truly qualified enough. Once they perform well in those countries like Shakib Al Hasan is doing now, then Bangladesh should participate in international sports using these cricketers.

Now they play in international test matches and they humiliate the nation. It's not acceptable, losing should be hated and winning should be ensured as much as possible. We need to have a team full of excellent performers, mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated. Losing to Pakistan and India should be seen a hurt to the national pride. Unless we become better than them, we shouldn't play them, like India stopped playing Pakistan for many years until Wasim and Waqar retired which made sure India were the better team than Pakistan.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Nonsense thread. .
Old June 11, 2015, 07:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Woah this escalated at warp speed. Are u ok dude?
Old June 11, 2015, 07:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nonsense thread. .
So, you love losing?
Old June 11, 2015, 07:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
Woah this escalated at warp speed. Are u ok dude?
Lol...apnar ki haarte valo lage? India, Paikka der kache barbar opomanito hote valo lage apnar?
Old June 11, 2015, 07:45 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
Lol...apnar ki haarte valo lage? India, Paikka der kache barbar opomanito hote valo lage apnar?
1999-2004. 5 years we did not win a single ODI. If we stopped playing ODI back thrn we would never beat all the big teams including india pak
Old June 11, 2015, 07:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bhai..maybe get out n see the world..do new things..learn new things..yeah from time to time we suck..it's just a game..life goes on..
Old June 11, 2015, 07:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
1999-2004. 5 years we did not win a single ODI. If we stopped playing ODI back thrn we would never beat all the big teams including india pak
We shouldn't have played international cricket back then anyway. We should set up our infrastructure first, to ensure we have quality young cricketers. It was a waste of time.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Let BD lose first and then we can discuss. On this docile pitch I'm not sure Ind can take 10 BD wickets in 200 overs.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

I think the advantage of BD having the test status is that it helps them to get many ODI games against top sides. If they were not a test nation, they will get the same treatment like Ireland. A decent ODI unit but rarely gets to play against top test nations.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^ Even Austin has a much more sensible comment in case you're wondering if it was a knee jerk reaction or not! LOL
Old June 11, 2015, 07:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Let BD lose first and then we can discuss. On this docile pitch I'm not sure Ind can take 10 BD wickets in 200 overs.
We have lost to a freaking rubbish Pakistani side on a docile pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
Bhai..maybe get out n see the world..do new things..learn new things..yeah from time to time we suck..it's just a game..life goes on..
Lol...too much assumption in that post...I have been doing those things from a very young age...but I always believe in winning...winning is the most important thing.

That's why I love Jose Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson, their desire to win is unmatchable...that should be our mentality. I have been seeing us losing since I'm a child, it's time to end that, either we start winning or take a step back and focus on our domestic structure and ensure we first have quality cricketers who can win us matches.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:53 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Assalamualykum

Yes, I'm fed up now. Losing isn't something I find acceptable and I don't think anybody should. We must play only to win and every loss should be revenged.

The quality of our prospective test cricketers should be assessed before they are ever allowed play the game internationally. Bangladesh must first have a very good first class structure from where they can produce loads of decent cricketers. Then these cricketers should be sent to play in domestic cricket of Australia, India, England etc. to be assessed if they are truly qualified enough. Once they perform well in those countries like Shakib Al Hasan is doing now, then Bangladesh should participate in international sports using these cricketers.

Now they play in international test matches and they humiliate the nation. It's not acceptable, losing should be hated and winning should be ensured as much as possible. We need to have a team full of excellent performers, mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated. Losing to Pakistan and India should be seen a hurt to the national pride. Unless we become better than them, we shouldn't play them, like India stopped playing Pakistan for many years until Wasim and Waqar retired which made sure India were the better team than Pakistan.
lol are u high?
Old June 11, 2015, 07:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Signed.

Not only the realist but the purist, too?
Old June 11, 2015, 07:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
We have lost to a freaking rubbish Pakistani side in a docile pitch.

Lol...too much assumption in that post...I have been doing those things from a very young age...but I always believe in winning...winning is the most important thing.

That's why I love Jose Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson, their desire to win is unmatchable...that should be our mentality. I have been seeing us losing since I'm a child, it's time to end that, either we start winning or take a step back and focus on our domestic structure and ensure we first have quality cricketers who can win us matches.
I'm all for sir Alex n etc..but let's take a chill pill. Anyway good luck..bedtime for me
Old June 11, 2015, 07:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol are u high?
They did stop playing, they didn't play against Pakistan from 1989-1999 because Wasim and Waqar was at their prime. Then again when they finally played Pakistan in 1999 and lost 2 out of 3 test matches and were humiliated in the ODI series on their own home soil, they ensured they don't play them again till 2004 when Wasim and Waqar were already retired. Even Wasim Akram once claimed that India fears Pakistan which is why they weren't playing against them.
Old June 11, 2015, 07:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

India never denied playing Pakistan due to Wasim/Waqar. What a joke of a statement..lol. It was due to political situation we did not play each other in 90's. When we finally resumed our cricket in 2004, Sehwag ended Saqlain's career.

As a nation, we fear none. Let it be Pakistan or anyone.
Old June 11, 2015, 08:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
India never denied playing Pakistan due to Wasim/Waqar. What a joke of a statement..lol. It was due to political situation we did not play each other in 90's. When we finally resumed our cricket in 2004, Sehwag ended Saqlain's career.

As a nation, we fear none. Let it be Pakistan or anyone.
Saqlain was past it anyway, even England hammered him in that 2003 group match. Once doosra was exposed, he was rubbish, as he didn't have a great off-spin bowling like Murali. Saqlain lived on doosra, once that gone, he was like a sterilized ox.

Yes you feared losing in a cricket match, which is why matches were often stopped in Eden Gardens whenever India were losing (1996 WC semi-final, 1999 test match vs Pakis)
Old June 11, 2015, 08:02 AM
Test Cricketer

We are building up our Test team atm.. it ll take another 3- 5 years to be more competitive. If we stop playing this will be like go backward. I don't like this looser mentality rather I would take challenge and fix all the issues as we go forward. I understand this thread has been created from utter frustration. Take it easy!
Old June 11, 2015, 08:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
We are building up our Test team atm.. it ll take another 3- 5 years to be more competitive. If we stop playing this will go backward. I don't like this looser mentality rather I would take challenge and fix all the issues as we go forward. I understand this thread has been created from utter frustration. Take it easy!
How many 3-5 years have passed since November 2000?
Old June 11, 2015, 08:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
How many 3-5 years have passed since November 2000?
How many years it took India to win their first test match?
Old June 11, 2015, 08:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
How many years it took India to win their first test match?
Why should I bother about India? I should look at ourselves and ensure we win ASAP. Australia should be our model, not India. We must follow the best. Anyway I don't think we can ever agree on our point of view.
Old June 11, 2015, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Rubbish thread
Old June 11, 2015, 08:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Some of us often tries to hide our own problems by comparing ourselves with Ind,Pak etc to show how late they won than us. But they played in 50s,40s. Time has changed a lot from then . And now if we count the number of matches they played back then we will see thst actualy we are the one who managed to won first test after long time. That too against a weak ZIM.
However I don't agree with realist here. If you think one should give up Test then ask ZIM first. Why everyone including ICF, PP even some of BC saying BD should give up Test Status. Yes we are very poor but not the worst. Huh.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old June 11, 2015, 08:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

walaikum as salam. okay.