facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2015, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Missed him? He wouldn't have survived the first over. I'm glad he is not in the team otherwise i doubt we could have scored 275 today. Until he improves him game he should stay away from the team (after he recovers from the injury)
Old March 9, 2015, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Imrul caught a catch Atleast ffs. this guy and tamim are major liabilities.
Old March 9, 2015, 11:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

It all will come down to how hard working he proves himself to be.

Mushy is now entering his 10th year of international cricket, having made his debut at the age of 16 in 2005, and it's only in the last 3 years or so that he has been churning out consistent, substantial performances.

Anam had a better start to his ODI career than pretty much anyone in our cricket, barring Nasir, but is now struggling. It is up to him whether he realizes his deficiencies, works on his flaws and comes back stronger. Unfortunately, unlike Mushy, he won't be able to improve while in the national XI framework.

Also, SS and Anamul, as of now, offer very different things. SS is less of a nervous starter and doesn't waste as many deliveries as Anam but has yet to build any substantial innings. Anam scored his first ODI hundred in his 2nd match! On the other hand, Soumya's batting is more aesthetically pleasing....than pretty much anyone in the team. I mean, he had a CI feature writer crooning over him in his 2nd match! Cricket is ultimately a spectacle and - if I was a neutral cricket fan - I would pay to watch him bat.
Old March 15, 2015, 02:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Bijoy had a surgery on his shoulder yesterday. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Old March 15, 2015, 02:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Wishing him a speedy shifa al-kaamilah! InshaaAllah, he will come back strongly.
Old March 15, 2015, 02:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Good luck to him with his rehabilitation, hope he comes back stronger than ever.
Old March 15, 2015, 03:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Mash going through rehab made him a good captain.
Anamul going through rehab should make him a good batsman?
Old March 15, 2015, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Mash going through rehab made him a good captain.
Anamul going through rehab should make him a good batsman?
Ahahahha I wish things worked that way. Maybe we should injure all of our players and send them to rehab, so that we as a team become invincible?
There's only one problem- Mashrafe was always a good captain. he just couldn't stay fit for long enough to lead the side
Old March 15, 2015, 03:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Any estimate on how long he's out for?
Old March 15, 2015, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope Animal Hawk is only apart of BD A team.

But I wish him a swift recovery
Old March 15, 2015, 07:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Big blow for bd in WC
Old March 15, 2015, 07:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Imrul is making me miss this guy and his "selfish" innings...
Old March 15, 2015, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't think Anam would have lasted long against swinging deliveries of Anderson and Boult either. He is more of an one-down player, who can play a consolidating innings after the initial swing of the ball is gone.

No surprisingly, that's where (at one down) he played when he led the U/19 team or whenever he plays at domestics.
Old March 16, 2015, 09:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
He is more of an one-down player, who can play a consolidating innings after the initial swing of the ball is gone.

No surprisingly, that's where (at one down) he played when he led the U/19 team or whenever he plays at domestics.
May be Anamul will be more successful in one down, but then he need to learn how to take singles and rotate the strike instead of playing 5 defensive shot in one over. During the middle overs its important to rotate the strike and keep the score moving.

So far he have failed to do so, most of his runs comes in boundary and lots of dot balls in between boundaries.
Old March 16, 2015, 10:29 PM
Cricket Guru

How long until his injury heals? If they have to bring in someone before he's injury free and that player does well then anamul's instant return is not so certain. Currently though I'd say he'll be straight back in, he's young and put in some good performances, I would expect them to back him for those reasons though litton especially is not knocking but banging on that door to open for him.
Old March 18, 2015, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Praying for his quick recovery.

And yeah. Need to be able to rotate the strike more often.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 18, 2015, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I believe in Anamul just like I believed it was only a matter of time before Mahmudullah revealed his true abilities. I think it's next to impossible for a Bangladeshi top order batsmen to average 35+ after 30 matches if they don't have the talent. He's still got a lot to learn but I see qualities in him that make great batsmen i.e., temperament, patience, fitness, eagerness to learn and ability to learn.

I understand his SR in ODI's is slightly on the lower side, but get this his T20I SR is 124 and T20s SR is 127. Yes, his SR in T20I/T20 is better than that of Mushi, Tamim, Nasir, Sabbir, SS, and everyone except Shakib and he's behind him only by a small margin. He already has what it takes to play the role of a wall or take the attack to the bowlers. He's still striving to find the middle ground which I'm certain he'll figure out sooner rather than later. We just need folks like Liton to start pushing him and he'll soon evolve into the player who'll supersede even Mahmudullah.
Old March 18, 2015, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I believe in Anamul just like I believed it was only a matter of time before Mahmudullah revealed his true abilities. I think it's next to impossible for a Bangladeshi top order batsmen to average 35+ after 30 matches if they don't have the talent. He's still got a lot to learn but I see qualities in him that make great batsmen i.e., temperament, patience, fitness, eagerness to learn and ability to learn.

I understand his SR in ODI's is slightly on the lower side, but get this his T20I SR is 124 and T20s SR is 127. Yes, his SR in T20I/T20 is better than that of Mushi, Tamim, Nasir, Sabbir, SS, and everyone except Shakib and he's behind him only by a small margin. He already has what it takes to play the role of a wall or take the attack to the bowlers. He's still striving to find the middle ground which I'm certain he'll figure out sooner rather than later. We just need folks like Liton to start pushing him and he'll soon evolve into the player who'll supersede even Mahmudullah.
Plus people over emphasis his lack of footwork. He is a predominantly back foot batsmen so may not look aesthetically good to many especially South Asians as we were always told to plant our front foot forward. What is more important is the shift of weight between back and front foot and Anamul does that (every time he is playing a cut or pull his weight transfers to his back foot and also when he is driving maybe his front is not moving forward and in line as much as it should but is weight transfers to his front foot).
Old March 18, 2015, 10:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Let's hope he can find that middle ground, it's something BD batsmen have generally struggled with.

With soumya pushing for more matches and litton pushing for selection tamim, anamul and imrul all need to be scoring runs or litton should be brought in and soumya should play more.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Is there any time table on his return? Doesn't look like he'll be back before Pak or SA series.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

We need him to be fully fit, no rush son, take a good sound rest hope you recover and come back better than ever.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

^ I thought it'd take at least 3 months for him to recover from grade 3 injury, but seeing most people including him in their playing XI for the next series made me wonder if the injury has been downgraded to grade 2 or 1.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Kohli

Quote:
^ I thought it'd take at least 3 months for him to recover from grade 3 injury, but seeing most people including him in their playing XI for the next series made me wonder if the injury has been downgraded to grade 2 or 1.
If there is no surgery and he recovers naturally then it takes 3 months. But Anamul had surgery on his shoulders so it will take much less. However, I'm not sure if he'll be back for the PAK series though.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Anamul is a decent choice for subcontinent pitches.. + anyone is better than Imrul!