facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2016, 09:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Take singles like Shehzad , Career stats like Shehzad and now starting behaving like Shehzad too.

https://www.facebook.com/AnamulOffic...type=3&theater

Anamul Hauqe Page just posted about his great T20 stats out of no where also with special stats against Asian countries in T20 just before the Asia Cup T20(he's unselected)

Posting videos wanting sympathy from fans when he could not get into the team at first place. (Something smelly video)

When he didn't get picked in last odi series the page didnt post the squad but posted a photo of himself with Nasir who also was not picked in that series indicating how unfair the selection was towards them. Obviously one can see double meaning here.

And now posting about his T20 stats especially how good he's against Asian Teams before Asia Cup where he didn't get pick. I know people may think I am overanalysing here..but I think Anamul Hauqe or his admins aren't too innocent..

(Fun Intended )
The FB post is deleted now.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old February 8, 2016, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

There is stat and then you watch in you own eyes.

Anamul may already have some great innings in his career, who is great, but Shano looks like technically much more better when he bats.

Again no offence to Anamul, I still believe in Anamul as he is very young and there players in history where players with not perfect technical skill can still be very productive. There is nothing to be frustrated why is ignore currently, he should continue work on his deficiency ( technical and mental)
and be prepared...why hurry? Time is on his side.... only thing needed is some hard work and soul searching and honest with yourself.... he should know very well which areas he need to improve.

However when I watch Santo, he feel confident and competent when he plays... I understand its u19 and he haven't done anything yet in the next level... but there is something in his game (that cannot be quantified in stat sheet) that give me a feeling that he will do just fine with the national team , when he gets his chance. Now when should he get his chance? That's not up to me... it depends lots of things... and I have trust in the current BCB management to make the right decision.
Old February 8, 2016, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Anamul must only prove himself through hard work and performances. He cannot expect selectors to bail him out based on past results and statistics.

It would be a real pity if Bangladesh loses yet another talent of his potential.
Old February 8, 2016, 10:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

It's really easy for Anamul to get back. He just needs to score fast. Even a run a ball 50 or a 30 from 15 deliveries will do. If he just focuses on his SR all his other problems will perish. If he sets up these small targets he can become the next Mahmudullah, remember how we always bashed him for being super slow in crunch run-get situations before. Look how he turned up, capable of rotating and striking.

He just needs to up the tempo from the start. He will surely get back then.
Old February 9, 2016, 10:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I genuinely feel Anamul is actually a better bat than Shommo in T20s. Sarkar like his partner Tamim is a headless chicken in this format. Anamul was our best batsman in the last T20 world cup. Unlucky to miss out.
Old February 9, 2016, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Just goes to show our lack of quality batsman for this format
Old February 9, 2016, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

his easiest way back was to perform in BPL. He failed big time... so now he has to wait till the next edition to break it into the T20 side. He has no chance in hell of making the ODI team..... Test well he wont even make the A side
Old February 10, 2016, 02:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir, Soumya, Taskin

You do well, you get back. This isn't 2005 anymore that you keep getting picked despite poor performances. Now there's too many people waiting to get in the team. Perform and get a ticket back to the team. No way around it. His issues aren't even that huge to begin with. He should sit down and have a talk with the coaches and work on those issues instead of going on fb to post things about how unfair BCB is. This isn't 2005 anymore.
Old February 10, 2016, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
his easiest way back was to perform in BPL. He failed big time... so now he has to wait till the next edition to break it into the T20 side. He has no chance in hell of making the ODI team..... Test well he wont even make the A side
Here is why I was disgusted in the pitches made in the BPL. Anamul, Shabbir, Soumya, Shamsur, they all have had serious trouble in scoring the runs.

BPL-3 was rubbish considering the exposure of the ability of our cricketers. Two paced pitches, with uneven bounce.

Furthermore, pitches for BCL and NCL-FC should be made sporty so that everyone is tested to their full potential - batsman, pacers and army of SLAs
Old February 10, 2016, 07:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Ei dik diyei or batchmate, QdK doshta century korei fello....fastest to 10 ODIs in terms of age and innings. Anamul has played 27 innings for his 3. hmmm
Old February 10, 2016, 07:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Ei dik diyei or batchmate, QdK doshta century korei fello....fastest to 10 ODIs in terms of age and innings. Anamul has played 27 innings for his 3. hmmm
Striker rate ?????????!!!!!!!!!

Go TIGERS GO...
Old February 10, 2016, 08:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Here is why I was disgusted in the pitches made in the BPL. Anamul, Shabbir, Soumya, Shamsur, they all have had serious trouble in scoring the runs.

BPL-3 was rubbish considering the exposure of the ability of our cricketers. Two paced pitches, with uneven bounce.

Furthermore, pitches for BCL and NCL-FC should be made sporty so that everyone is tested to their full potential - batsman, pacers and army of SLAs
I think that was good for us and we could find some dependable players, who performed under difficult conditions.

Anamul is worthless, irrespective of conditions. He has technical difficulties & he can't get over those.
Old February 10, 2016, 08:56 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Striker rate ?????????!!!!!!!!!
I meant centuries. But yes, there is a huge difference in SR too
Old February 10, 2016, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think that was good for us and we could find some dependable players, who performed under difficult conditions.

Anamul is worthless, irrespective of conditions. He has technical difficulties & he can't get over those.
Basically the likes of Mosaddek did half decent when the better T20 batsman didnt?

Most T20s are played on 160+ wickets not 120- wickets
Old February 10, 2016, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

The major issue with Anamul is he sees nothing wrong with the way he plays (just like his fans) and has no ambition to change his approach..saying "as long as we can get 250 or catch-up later my SR doesn't matter" sums it up..but sadly for Anamul in this day and age it very much does and the management and selectors can see that..maybe in 2005 it didn't when we needed someone to bat through even if his SR was 50-65 but its 2005.

He will keep on posting crap to seek empathy making it asif BCB are at fault. his stats are giving a false image.. batting for yourself with minimal risk and poor rotation taking can give you a 30 avg in t20 with the combination of zero rotation and hidoues shots his SR comes to a mere 100 at best... put Soumya heck even Shamsur with the same role of playing rough and innings and they'd avg 40 with an higher SR but they don't make roles for themselves for the better of their stats.

His exclusion after his injury and the entrance of Soumya is the best thing after Mash's captaincy thats happend to our team in the past couple of years. No where near the test or Odi side and dropped from his "best" format unless he changes his ways especially his mentality don't see a way back in anytime soon and by anytime soon I mean a couple of years at the very least. Facebook won't get him gametime he wishes it did.
Old February 10, 2016, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

He might have a dozen faults, but theres a couple of things he does well

1) Occupy crease: He is vulnerable early on, but once he gets past that he can stick around. Placing value on wicket is one of the main issues with our guys even Mushfiq, Shakib, Tamim.

2) Hand eye coordination: He makes up for his lack of footwork with his ability to time the ball well. Although he isnt a strong guy, once he comes down the track and hits the sweet spot it can go a long way.

But he needs to work on his footwork at least to the extent its not the reason behind every dismissal of his. Mitigate weakness, and build on strength. And he needs to perform. He had the chance in BPL, but he didnt. Only way to get back would be with runs not the past.

I also feel BCB was a little to rash in rushing him, Liton. These guys maybe werent ready for the big league. And this is not the first time. Even how Mominul has been dealt with by batting him at 7 in ODI's etc wasnt the right move. Talent management continues to be an Achilles Heel of BCB.